Birthday

If Only

Seoul, April 17th 2014 11:40 PM. SNSD’s Dorm.

“Yayayayaa! Bring the cake quickly! I have brought other snacks. Sunny, have you bought wine I ordered?” Sooyoung was panicking while the others are watching her in muse.

Taeyeon laugh with her legendary ahjumma laughter. “Is there something in your mind that is not related to food, Soo?” Sooyoung then stick her tongue to Taeyeon.

“But, where is Sica?” Tiffany is looking around searching for Jessica.

“She must be still sleeping somewhere. She just got back from LA but we dragged her to come here”, Yuri responded. Yoona chuckled, “Typical Sica unnie. While we are busy fighting and bickering here, she is sleeping heavenly somewhere.”

“Unnie! Why are you eating that snack by yourself?” Yoona immediately get distracted when looking at Sooyoung who was busy munching the snack. “Give me some”, Yoona joined the first shikshin and finally the two get immersed in the sea of foods.

“I will wake her up using the Cheetos again hahaha” Sunny who just came back from kitchen walking towards where Sica sleeps.

“Bring her here ppali!!” Hyoyeon shouted.

10 minutes later Sica finally out of the room. Sunny is behind her pushing her with all of her strength to make her keeps walking. “Yaahh, why are you disturbing my sleep?” Sica is grumbling with her eyes are still closed.

“Wow, 10 minutes. It’s impressive, what a progress!” Tiffany is clapping her hands while looking at them with amazed look.

“You can’t expect her to be a forever sleep princess after all of these years, Unnie”, Seohyun replied to Fany as walked to Sunny and help her to bring Sica to the couch.

“This is your birthday, you sleepyhead!” Hyoyoen said while flicked Sica’s forehead. “Ouucchh!!” Sica screamed while rubbing her forehead. Finally she opens her eyes and gives a cute pout. Everybody is laughing.

“3 minutes left, Kids!! Let’s turn on the candles”, Taeyeon rushed everyone to prepare the cake. Sunny and Seohyun then are turning on the candles on the cake that put in the middle of the table.

“Let’s gather and holding hands”, Tiffany said and held Taeyeon and Yoona’s hands, as they are standing beside her. They are making a circle that surrounding the table while holding hands. It’s like their ritual every time a member has her birthday. After all the hardships they’ve been through these years, they value their friendship and even their sisterhood more. Although, it’s a bit difficult to catch up because of the schedules or they spend their birthday with their own family, but there is always a time when they are gathered together, wishing for a happiness and bless not only for the one who has birthday but also for everyone. Fight, jealousy, misunderstanding are inevitable in their relationship, but a simple moment like this could remind them how they love each other, and always protect each other.

“Wow, I haven’t even thought what would be my wishes”, Sica said nonchalantly.

“What can you expect from the lazy princess? All she thinks is only sleep”, Sooyoung and giggled. “She’s quite similar to you then. Everything in your mind is about food”, Yuri replied. “Only added by one thing now, her handsome boyfriend”, Sunny added, made her received a glare from Sooyoung.

“Hey, this is the time. Close our eyes. It’s your turn, Jess”, Manager Hwang reminded them and gave instruction. Everyone is closing their eyes.

Sica cleared first before start to speak. “I would like to say thank you to God for giving me one more year with my beloved family, my mom, dad, Krystal, and also all my sisters here. Please always protect us and remind us to protect each other like we always do. Their happiness is my happiness too, so please let us share our happiness. Please show us the way to Your blessing. I haven’t done much yet for mom and dad, please give me another chance to be a better daughter for them. I am not a good sister either for Krystal, please always protect her, and please give her chance to shine more. And for us, I know I shouldn’t complain to you for what happened to us lately. Please give us more strength to going through all of these, because I believe that’s what makes us stronger. Please let us be with the ones we loved. Please give us more chance to show our love to people who keep supporting and believing us. Am I asking too much?” she smiled. “Please let me be with them because I love them. Thank you, God, and I love You.”

Jessica opens her eyes, followed by the others. Looks like everyone is wiping their tears.

“Why are you crying?” Jessica asked to Hyoyeon which was responded by a pinch on her cheek. “Can I blow the candles off?”

“Of course, birthday girl”, Tiffany answered.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAYYY!!!” Everyone is starting to scream. They then gathered and hugged.

After a while, they broke the hug. “Happy birthday, our ice princess. We don’t need to say our wish, right? Because what you wished earlier pretty much summarized what we are wishing for”, Yuri said.

Jessica just smiled and patted her back.

“Let’s attack the foods!!” Sooyoung as usual command everyone to enjoy the foods. And as always, there will always fight, bicker, tease, bully, and so on. But it’s what makes them become even closer. That night will be a long night, when Yoona’s smiling looking at their acts with blank stares. Her body is there, she’s happy celebrating her unnie’s birthday, but her mind is flying to his birthday and hers, 2 years ago.

 

***

 

Seoul, D-7 days, year 2012  11:30AM

That was a normal day when Yoona visited Jonghyun at his practice room. After their first meeting in Kyuhyun’s house, they had been meeting a couple of times. As Jonghyun asked payback when gave Yoona ride, he asked her to treat him. After that, they were being even closer. They always tried to meet, either through Kyuline or just the two of them like this. Yoona sometimes visited him at his company and spent time together at his practice room like what they’d been doing now. Jonghyun once picked up Yoona at her company, if only he didn’t disguise himself then they would get caught by some fans who were usually waiting for their idols in front of the building. Because of that, they tend to meet at Jonghyun’s company considering that the number of fans waiting outside its building is not as much as in Yoona’s company. So they thought it’s relatively safer to meet there.

Yoona was in the middle learning play guitar trained by Jonghyun, when she received a text message. She then immediately opened her phone and read the message solemnly. Jonghyun watched her as her pace was turning pale. “What happened, Yoong?” he asked.

Yoona didn’t answer and just looked blankly to her phone.

Jonghyun shrugged her shoulder off and kept asking, “Yoong, what happened?”

After a few seconds, she spoke, “You are not pulling out a prank on me, are you?”

“What do you mean?” Jonghyun was confused. He was holding Yoona’s shoulder with both of his hands and stared her deeply.

Yoona was still quite.

Jonghyun then grabbed her phone as he was sure Yoona turned like that after reading the message in her phone.

 

“I know you’re with him now. Don’t try to run away, I will chase you wherever you go.”

 

Jonghyun held Yoona’s wrist tightly. His defensive mode will be automatically when danger was coming. “Do you know where it comes from?”

Yoona shook her head.

“Is it the first time you get this kind of message?”

Yoona nodded.

“Have you been followed by someone recently?” he asked again impatiently.

“I don’t know” she finally managed to speak.

“Please tell me everything, Yoong”, Jonghyun was frustrated because he wanted to know every detail of it but Yoona looked like still in daze.

“I don’t know, Jong. This is the first time I got a message like this. I didn’t felt like followed by someone. Everything is going normal”, she wanted to sound as calm as possible but Jonghyun could see fear in her eyes. “That’s why I thought you’re pulling out a prank on me because this person kinda know I am with you”.

“This isn’t right”, he sighed. “Don’t you want to tell this to your manager?”

“Not now, it’s just one message, Jong. It could be sent wrongly to me, but because the content was by chance fit with us then I got a little bit sensitive”, she gave Jonghyun an assuring smile and patted his shoulder to calm his down.

“Okay if that’s what you want”, he gave up. But deep down, all bad thoughts were still occupying his mind. “I know I can never win over you, stubborn girl”, he said again while caressing her hair. He then cupped her face and looked her in the eye. “But I am not allowing you to go anywhere alone. There must be someone you know who accompany you wherever you are. I will drive you home, and I’ll make sure to see you enter your dorm before I leave. Please be safe, okay?”

Yoona was gulping. The distance between their face was less than 4 inches. She felt like the time had stopped when Jonghyun stared her not with his sharp gaze like he usually did but instead a soft one. She could feel his warm hands which were caressing her cheeks now. ‘Is it really a feeling when you don’t want to lose someone?’ she was contemplating, without realizing that their lips could be met in anytime. His lips, eyes, forehead, everything in his face was so inviting her to come to them.

But later, she still could hear someone’s voice other than his, “What are you two doing?”

And slowly, the warm feels on her face disappeared, along with his stares.

 

***

 

Seoul, D-3 days, year 2012 4:42PM

Jonghyun was waiting for Yoona in the cafe where they usually met. They promised to eat ice cream that day. This cafe was owned by Jonghyun’s Busan friend so he could get special access where he could get hidden place in the cafe. So, people or other visitors would not spot them on. At night, this cafe also would be a bar. Jonghyun and s usually came here to have drink when needed refreshment.

Jonghyun kept looking at his watch. She’s already 30 minutes late. That was strange, because Yoona never came late to their meeting. Even she was the one who usually waited for him.

He then saw a girl in a hoodie and her face was covered by masker ran to cafe, she looked like in a hurry or because there was someone who was chasing her.

She finally approached Jonghyun’s table. “Mianhe”, she said while panting hardly.

“What happened?”, he asked curiously.

“Can I have your water please?”, she sat down while grabbing Jonghyun’s drink and sipped that even without Jonghyun’s permission.

After a few minutes of drinking and controlling her breath, she finally spoke. “I think someone followed me on my way here. So, I arrived at SM to practice at 8 this morning. I saw a black car parked across the street. That’s weird, because I never saw a car parked there before. Then when I was leaving the building to come here, I still saw that car.  The more creepy part was that car followed us behind, so I asked manager oppa to fasten the speed and take different route to the cafe. Thanks God we could escape from that person and manager oppa didn’t ask more why I told him to do that. That’s why I ran when getting off of the car, I am afraid that person managed to catch me up and followed me here.”

“Yoong, it’s getting scarier. Could it be the same person who sent you that message when you’re with me? That person could be someone dangerous”, Jonghyun could not hide his concerns. “You have to tell your manager. Do you want me to tell them?”, Jonghyun sharpen his gaze towards Yoona. That meant Jonghyun was being serious and nothing could prevent him to get what he wants.

“I will tell Taeyeon unnie first. I don’t want to make them get panicked. They could easily exaggerate anything. The worse thing is they could forbid me to go anywhere except to schedules. That’s including meeting you, Jong. You don’t want to meet me anymore?”, Yoona gave him her puppy eyes.

“But . .”, he lost of words. He worried to death, but she got the point, he cannot stand for not being able to meet her. Seeing her became addictive for him. He couldn’t think how he managed to not miss her when she’s not around. Even right now, in front of her face, he was still missing her.

Yoona caressed Jonghyun’s hand. “Don’t worry, Jong. I am still okay. I promise if something happens again, I will tell manager oppas about this. My members will also protect me. I also have you, why would I scared?”, Yoona winked to him.

“Tsskk, as always I cannot win over you, miss stubborn”, Jonghyun pinched her nose and then her cheek. They were both laughing.

“Omo, I forgot to order! I came here to eat my favorite ice cream”, Yoona squealed while patted her forehead.

He smiled over her cuteness. “I already ordered it for you. Double scoop of Strawberry and Mint flavor right?”

This time Yoona pinched Jonghyun’s cheek. “Aww, Jonghyun-aah, you know me too well.”

They spent that night with happiness and laughter.

 

***

 

Seoul, May 15th 2012 3:25PM. CNBlue’s dorm.

Jonghyun woke up still feeling dizzy because too much drink he had last night. Today was his birthday. Actually he’s not the type of person who remember or celebrate any special days. He even forgot that today was his birthday if s didn’t disturb him that time. He was in the middle of composing in his room, when suddenly Yonghwa, Minhyuk, and Jungshin came and brought a cake exactly at 12PM. They sang happy birthday and pushed him to make a wish. They even made him cut the cake and gave its slice to each of them. Not finished until that, they forced him to have a drink. At first, it was just one or two cans of beer and then it became more and more.

He then couldn’t remember exactly what happened after that. But he still remembered how happy he was when Yoona called him to wish him a happy birthday. She even sang happy birthday for him, he wanted to record her voice and listen to it whenever he missed her. She apologized for not coming to celebrate his birthday as Sunny noona was also having a birthday today. They both have the same birthday date.

He came out of his room and looked around. The room was still messy because of their party last night. “Hyung! Minhyukkie! Jungshin-aah!”, he called all of the members. No response. Looked like they were leaving for schedules or something. He then walked towards directly to bathroom to take a shower.

10 minutes later he had wore his clothes and went back to living room. He grabbed his phone above the table upon hearing a lot of messages came in. He read it one by one, most of them are birthday messages, from Kyuline members, FNC mates, and his other friends.

He was about to put back his phone when it rang again. He opened the message. It was from an unknown number.

 

“I am with her now.”

 

He raised his eyebrows and one thing that came to his mind was, Yoona! He was panicked and his heart beat fast. He was in so much fear that he didn’t know what to do. Fortunately, after for a while he realized that he has to know where Yoona is now. He called Yoona’s number. ‘, it’s off!!’ He called again. Her phone was not active.

He called the unknown number then. But that person didn’t pick up.

Then a message came.


“Don’t try to call me. If you want to meet her, come to 215 Shinmullo 2-ga Chongno-gu by 5 alone. If you bring companion, you will never see her.”

 

‘Son of the ! What the is this person doing?’ He looked at his phone clock. ‘1 hour left!’ He then grabbed his car key and ran off the dorm.

‘I still need to make sure where she is. Her members must know it, but I don’t know their number. Oh, Yonghwa hyung must know Seohyun’s number’ He immediately called Yonghwa while running to the carpark.

“Hyung, can you send me Seohyun’s number please?” Jonghyun asked as soon as Yonghwa picked up the phone.

“Why? What happened?” Yonghwa could feel his tension over the phone.

“I will explain later, hyung. I need her number now. Please”, Jonghyun stressed out how he needed her number. Yonghwa could feel the sternness in his voice. “Okay, I will send you the number through message”, he finally agreed.

“Thanks, hyung”, Jonghyun hung up the phone while open his car door and immediately the car. He drove with one hand, while another one was holding on his phone waiting for Yonghwa’s message.

He called the number that Yonghwa sent as soon as he got his message. He could be fined for using mobile phone while driving. But he didn’t care. All he thinks was Yoona.

“Hello, who is this?” He could her Seohyun’s voice. He paused for a while try to calm down himself because he wanted to sound as normal as possible. He didn’t want to make everyone know about this and got panicked. He didn’t want to make a commotion, moreover that person asked him to come alone. Yoona’s safety was at stake. He would try to solve this problem first and then told them if something worse happened.

“This is Jonghyun. CNBlue Lee Jonghyun. Where are you now?”

“Oh, Oppa! I am at dorm now, what’s the matter?”

“Are you with Yoona?”

“No, why?”

“Do you perhaps know where Yoona is?”, Jonghyun asked her carefully. He knew Seohyun was the kind of person who gets worried easily over something’s strange.

“I don’t know, oppa. She left the dorm when I was arrived so I didn’t meet her earlier. Can I know why did you ask that, oppa?”

‘This is it! Seohyun must think of something’s not right’

“Nothing, Seohyun-ssi. Actually I am going to meet her but she hasn’t come yet. Her phone is not active, so I couldn’t reach her. Can I ask you a favor? Could you please keep contacting her or asked the others and let me know once you knew where she is?” Jonghyun really hoped Seohyun didn’t realize what was really happening.

“Arasso, oppa. I will ask unnie-deul and managers. I will call you once I got information”.

Jonghyun felt so relieved. “Thanks, Seohyun-ssi”, he hung up the phone and concentrated to the street again. He fastened the speed of his car. Never once in his life, he felt so afraid like this. ‘I will find you, Yoong. Even if I have to sacrifice myself’.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Thank you again for those who read, vote, subscribe, and comment my story, I love you guys <333

What happened to Yoona?

Will Jonghyun be able to find Yoona?

Is it related to Jonghyun's mistake?

Stay tune, and please wait for next chapter hihihi ^^v