First memory Part 2

If Only

 

She stood up. “Oppa! What took you so long?”

“Yaa! Didn’t you see what I’m bringing now?” Kyuhyun showed them 3 plastic bags full of foods and drinks in his hand. “We’re trying to feed two shikshins here. It’s fortunate that Changmin isn’t present. If so, I would carry a container of foods.”

“Eeyy, you’re really exaggerating oppa”, she laughed. ‘Who’s the other shikshin here? Is it him? Cool, at least we have one common interest’.

Jonghyun then walked towards the door and helped Kyuhyun to bring the plastic bags. ”Jonghyun-aah, why did you only help Kyu? What about me?” Ryeweok pouted and turned his gaze to Yoona who was still standing watching them bickering. “Yoongie-yaa, don’t you want to help me? The faster all these plastic bags arrived in the kitchen the faster we’ll get the food ready”

“Arasso, oppa”, Yoona nodded while giggling and walked to Ryeweok.

Now everyone was busy doing their job. There’s Ryeweok busy cooking in the kitchen. Kyuhyun and Jonghyun were busy playing game and shouting to each other. Yoona was busy annoyed everyone there, once disturbed Ryeweok then teased Kyuhyun that almost won his game if Yoona didn’t come to prevent him pressing the keys. The situation became more chaotic when Minho arrived later.

If Jonghyun was ever asked to say thank you to whoever started this thing, he would rather say Kyuline. He has only a few friends outside his company. Kyuline was his first authentic group of friends outside his daily circle. He couldn’t remember exactly since when he became close with them, or how he finally joined them. He became close with Kyuhyun since their first encounter, perhaps because they are sharing the same interest in gaming. After that, Kyuhyun always invited him to have a game match or just hang out, and that’s where he met the others. Slowly, they became more intimate, and Kyuhyun proudly claimed him as one of Kyuline members. Yoona herself is like an unofficial member. They were always trying to drag her into their group’s meeting. She’s always been their favorite dongsaeng or noona after all. Who can resist her charms which are implied in her bubbly character, warm personality, lovely smile, and her choding side. Like what happened today, Kyuhyun invited her to come to his house, just to spend time together, playing, eating, and teasing each other.

Yoona didn’t always come, she was preoccupied with a lot of activities either with her members or individually. They also could count how many times the complete Kyuline members gathered, since they’ve been busy with their schedules. That’s why this was the first time Yoona finally met Jonghyun personally. For Yoona, actually she had heard of him a couple of times before. She could recall that they ever attended same events, but never really interacted each other. She didn’t know why her oppas liked to tell her about him. They said that Jonghyun has an interesting personality that once you knew him you will get attracted to know more. She didn’t believe this until their first encounter today. There was something, part of him that attracted her. She just wanted to know him more. Was it his coldness or his awkwardness towards her? Was he always like this to any other persons or just her? She’d like to found it out.

That was already 10 o’clock at night when everybody was shrugging off on the sofa, too full and too tired to do anything. Yoona suddenly stood up and picked up her phone. She walked to the corner of the room and started to talk with someone through her phone. She came back 5 minutes later with a disappointment drawn clearly on her face.

“What happened, Yoong?” Kyu asked as he realized that expression on her face changed.

“Oppa manager told me that he is still taking care some businesses in SM. I need to wait 2 more hours”, she answered while walking back to sofa and sat down. “I can wait that long if I don’t have schedule tomorrow. I need to go to CF shooting set early morning tomorrow. I haven’t even prepared yet, I have to get home early tonight”, she continued.

“Jonghyun!” Kyu suddenly yelled and hit Jonghyun’s back made him startled. “You bring your own car, right? You can fetch Yoona to her dorm on your way home”, Kyu suggested. “That’s a good idea!” Ryeweok was agree. All attentions were on Jonghyun now, waiting for his respond. Instead of answering, he was just spacing out and looked blank.

“It’s okay, oppa. I don’t want to trouble Jonghyun either. I think I’ll wait for manager oppa”, Yoona finally spoke. Somehow she sounded more disappointed than before. She realized this, but she didn’t know why she was disappointed with Jonghyun’s reaction.

Yoona’s voice brought Jonghyun back to the earth. “No. I mean yes, of course. I will fetch her to her dorm” he looked at Yoona’s eyes. He found the sadness in her eyes slowly disappeared and replaced by assured feeling.

“This isn’t cool. Everyone’s going home. I still wanna play” Minho, the crybaby was complaining.

“Hey kid, the night is still long for us. We have another party after this, I’ll make sure you regret for asking for another round hahaha” Kyu the devil man pulled him by the hand and dragged him to television room. Looked like they will have another game match. Ryeweok laughed and followed them.

There’re only Yoona and Jonghyun left in the living room. But nobody’s up yet.

“Shall we? You need to get home early right?” Jonghyun finally managed to speak but rather looked to another direction. He still felt awkward. He then stood up. Yoona nodded and followed Jonghyun behind. “Hyung!! We’re going home!” Jonghyun shouted while opening the door. “Okay!!” not sure who answered because they’re already outside the house.

They were still in silence when finally reached Jonghyun’s white mercedes sport in the carpark. He opened the window for Yoona. Yoona was surprised, ’What a gentleman’. “Thank you”, she said but sounded more like a whisper because she was too surprised. She put down her bag then buckled the seat belt. Jonghyun was coming after then turn on the car. He asked where her dorm address is, and put that on the GPS.

“Thank you, Jonghyun-ssi. I am sorry for troubling you like this. If manager oppa can pick me up on time you can still having fun with them”, Yoona opened the conversation after quite long time of silence. Jonghyun didn’t bother to play music either. So, the situation became more awkward.

“That’s okay, Yoona-ssi. I wanted to go home early too. I have schedule tomorrow morning, so I need to have a lot of sleeps”, he laughed and smiled, literally smiled. Yoona couldn’t help to turn her face to Jonghyun’s side and automatically felt an electric jolt inside her heart. She didn’t expect to witness his charming smile so sudden after all of the awkwardness they’re going through tonight. ‘And what? He finally called my name. I love the way he called my name, sounds like a lullaby. Can I have more?’ After that she felt urgency to cover her entire face, so that nobody could see how red her blushed face now. Thanks God, it was dark in here and Jonghyun was busy driving the car. She couldn’t believe the fact that only saw his smile and heard him calling her name could make her imagining things. “Pabo”, she mumbled unconsciously.

“What?”

“What?” she startled because of Jonghyun’s question. ‘Damn, did he hear what I said? He must think I am stupid’. “Nothing”, she said while looking at the window trying to avoid Jonghyun’s gaze as far as she can. She played her fingers, she usually do this when she feels nervous.

She didn’t know that Jonghyun had been watched her since her previous imagining moment when she smiled foolishly and touched her cheeks a few times. And then suddenly blurted out something like talking to herself. ‘She’s so cute. Yeah, her whole appearance is already cute, but seeing her doing something like this made me want to pinch her cheek’.

“You know what, you can say whatever in your mind. We can talk about anything. I don’t like listening to music in car, so if you feel this is too quiet, you can talk to me”, he smiled again. Unfortunately Yoona missed the chance to look at his smile this time because she was too busy hiding her embarrassed face.

“So why don’t you ask me something, Jonghyun-ssi?” Yoona challenged him. She didn’t know where the courage to ask him came from. Was it because she had already felt comfortable around him?

“Me? Hmm”, he scratched his not itchy head with his left hand while the other keep holding the wheel. “What’s your favorite food?” he asked nonchalantly.

Yoona laughed. “Come on. Out of all possible questions, and you asked me what’s my favorite food?” Yoona shaked her head in disbelieve, but her lips pursed a smile that she amazed at either Jonghyun’s purity or just because he couldn’t think anything else. “You remind me of blind date questions”, she chuckled.

“You seemed to have ones, didn’t you?”

“Hell, no! Excuse me, Jonghyun-ssi, but I am still beyond capable of finding a date by myself” Yoona gave annoyed look to Jonghyun who’s giving his teasing smile. Later, Yoona put down her guard by seeing his smile and her cheeks began to slightly turn into red tomato. “What about you? Have you ever had one?” she turned her gaze to Jonghyun.

He turned his face to the right side of him as he was making a right turn. Where then he caught Yoona was looking at him passionately, waiting for his answer as she was eager to know more. That eyes which were taking all his sanity and pulled him away from the reality. That stare and the way her lips parted a bit when looking at him gave him the urge to pull her face to his and kiss that lips. He then was drown back to reality because she blinked her eyes made him try to gather concentration to the road again. He didn’t wanna cause a scene and a headline of car accident news tomorrow morning. He thanked that his logical brain was still working properly when needed. He held his breath after, “Nope. I am not interested in dating yet.”

“Oh, I see”, Yoona was taken aback and looked down to her lap.

Jonghyun was not sure yet, but he felt Yoona’s emotion judging by how her voice was getting weaker and her change of expression that he caught from the corner of his eye. “I mean it’s not that I want to be alone forever. I wanna have someone to rely on as well. You know, someone whom I can share my happiness with, someone who will always be by my side in good or bad times. But as you said, I want to find that person by myself. Even though I am really bad in managing relationship with people, especially girls”, he laughed. He slowly became more open about himself to Yoona. “But, I’ll try. I believe I will find the right person at the right time”.

 Her lips pursed a smile, a relieved one.

“Anyway, about my favorite food, I am not a picky eater. I eat almost everything that is edible to eat. I am second shikshin of my group, you know?” she laughed. “I think what more important is the mood when you’re eating. Even though you eat the most delicious food in the world, but you’re sad or in a bad mood, then you’ll lose the appetite. Oh, and one more thing, people who eat with you. If you eat with the ones you loved, then all the foods will be tasted delicious. Because you cherish the moment with them more. Like for example, your girlfriend is bad in cooking, and taste of her cook is awful, but you will eat that happily because it is cooked by someone you love. Am I right?”

“Can’t agree more”, Jonghyun responded shortly. “But, I’ve never experienced the last one before so I am not sure about that one.”

“Is that so?” Yoona raised her eyebrows and turned to Jonghyun’s side. ‘So, he had girlfriend. One, two, how many? Or he has?’ Out of nowhere, suddenly she felt insecurity of herself. ‘Crazy, why do I have to care’

“I did have a few relationships when I was in high school. These were immature commitment, and I was not really serious about them. And we only met at school, so basically there were no activities like that”, he answered. He couldn’t believe he could share a fact like this to a girl which he just met. Even he didn’t tell s this story, because he thought this was unimportant matter to be told. But, with this girl, he could open his heart easily, he’s not being afraid to be judged. Like no burden at all.

‘What about now? Do you have girlfriend? Has she ever cooked for you? How did it taste?’ Yoona wanted to ask those questions so badly, but she was still holding her pride. ‘He doesn’t even wanna know whether I have boyfriend or not so why would I care?’

“By the way, I admit that you have big appetite. But where did all the foods you eat run to??” he giggled.

“Yaaaaa, Jonghyun-ssi!!!” she immediately slapped Jonghyun’s arm and gave him angry face.

“Aaww” he rubbed his arm but was still giggling.

“Ooopss, I am sorry, did I hurt you?” she automatically his arm with a worried look. There was a moment of silence between them, because after that Jonghyun was silent too. She didn’t realize her doing until she felt her cheeks were getting hotter. She immediately pulled her hand and looked down to hide her blushed face.

‘Was she blushed? This is insane, but my heart is felt like jumping out over a simple gesture like this.’ Jonghyun tried to hide his nervousness as well. “Now I know where all your foods went to.”

Yoona was too busy hiding her face for not realizing there’s a bit of shakiness in his voice. Then she slapped Jonghyun’s arm once again, “Jonghyun-ssi!!!” She showed him angry face again. Her eyebrows were knitted into one, pouty lips, her nostril became bigger, and her eyes were squinted.

Jonghyun took a peek at Yoona’s face and laughed. “Don’t do that to me because I won’t be afraid. You look cute when you’re angry like that.”

“Jonghyun-ssi, stop teasing me, will youu??!” she was so desperate because not only her cheeks were blushed but her heart was also fluttered. He was still laughing in satisfaction.

“Arasso, arasso”, he held his laughter.

“Oh, I think we almost arrive. Only one turn left and we reach your dorm right?” Jonghyun continued after looked at the GPS.

“Yes, 3 blocks from there”, she said. ‘I guess it’s the end of our meeting today. Why do I feel sad about this? I don’t wanna say goodbye yet.’

“Yup, that’s my dorm”, Yoona pointed to a quite big house. Rather than looked fancy, that house looked ‘homey’ and gave a comfortable vibe when you see it. The car stopped in front of the dorm.

‘Why do I feel like stopping the time?’ he paused a few seconds before turning off the car.

Yoona took her bag and carried it on her shoulder. But then, she just sat still there without doing nothing. As there was no one wanted to part. She startled when Jonghyun cleared his throat. Jonghyun finally opened the door, followed by Yoona.

They both walked until the front of the gate.

“Thank you for the ride, Jonghyun-ssi”, she smiled.

‘I will do anything to see your smile like this’, Jonghyun couldn’t help to be captivated by her smile for countless time. “It’s my pleasure”, he turned back his smile.

‘Can I say that I am addicted to your smile now?’

“Well, see you then”, she bid her goodbye heavily.

“See you next time, Yoona-ssi”. She nodded and walked back to her dorm. She turned around when Jonghyun called her name.

“Yoona-ssi! You have to pay me back for this ride, okay?”

She pursed a full smile from ear to ear. ‘With pleasure, Jonghyun’. “Sure, I won’t mind”.

Then she continued her walk with a blissful smile knowing this was not the end. There will be another moment to be cherished on.

Jonghyun stared her back until she disappeared. ‘I will make sure there is next time for us’.

 

***

 

Seoul, April 12th 2014 04:37PM. CNBlue’s dorm.

An Angel Who Came to Earth

 

Jonghyun keep staring at the picture of the article he read on the internet and scrolling down the page for countless time since 1 hour ago. He can’t agree more to the title of the article. She looked like an angel there. She looked unconditionally stunning, breath taking, and so on he can’t describe anymore. Except for one thing. He worries about her health condition. She’s always been skinny. But this time, she’s getting even thinner. He feel like shoving down all foods he has to or give all the meat in his body to her. ‘What happen to you, Yoong?’

He doesn’t realize there’s another presence there until that person tap his shoulder.

“Oh, Yonghwa hyung!” he was surprised.

“Are you monitoring her news again?” he asked while sat down beside him.

Jonghyun nodded without turning his eyes from the monitor in front of him. “I worry about her health.”

“You should tell her. Show her that you care about her”, Yonghwa suggested.

“Yeah, I have done that. But who am I? I don’t have the right to show that I care for her”, he smirked.

“You’re still her friend, Jonghyun. I know you guys are still keep in touch. I think Yoona still has some respects for you, so she will listen to you”, Yonghwa patted his shoulder with a concerned look. He’s always trying to be not just a good leader but also a good brother for s. He always know what s have been through, their complaints, their work issues, even their personal problems. It’s not that Yonghwa insist them to tell him, sometimes he just knew it. His caring and intuition lead him to be more understand and protect s.

“The situation is different now, Hyung. It just feels so wrong. I don’t even know what to do. I desperately miss her presence, my heart is always aching to know the fact that she’s with someone else. But what can I do? I am the one who let her go. I thought I would be happy if she’s happy, yet that’s not enough for me. I need her to be with me. This all my mistake” he couldn’t hold his feeling and covered his face with both of his palms. It’s just about the time he’s going to cry, like what he has been doing recently. In many times, he didn’t even know why he cried. He just felt really sad. Really broken.

Yonghwa held his breath before talk again, “There’s no wrong or right in love. There’re only some things you should do and you shouldn’t do. You made a mistake, but that was your choice. You cannot mourn it forever, you have blamed yourself all the time, Jonghyun. You need to be stronger, remember when you said you want to work harder in job and love this year, right? I haven’t seen your hard work in love yet. There will always a way for those who keep trying and believing.”

Jonghyun finally pulled his hands. He looks at Yonghwa and feel really grateful that at least he still has s by his side. “Thanks, Hyung”, he smiled.

“You can deliver all of your emotions into something positive. Write a song, like you always did. That would be good for you, and useful for us”, he laughed. Then, he stand up to leave Jonghyun alone. “I need to see director at the company. Jungshin and Minhyuk will be back shortly, you better clean yourself up. You don’t want them to tease you all over again, right? Or, I can tell them you cried again hahaha” he continued teasing Jonghyun while walking to the door.

“Screw you! Don’t you dare, Hyung!!” Jonghyun yelled at him, followed by Yonghwa’s laughter that became louder.

He then looked at her picture again for the last time before close his laptop.

‘I have to be strong, for me and for her.’

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Finally I was able to post the update. I've been busy with work, even I uploaded this chapter in my office lol.

First of all, I would like to say thank youuu so muuccchh to all who read, vote, subscribe, comment my story. Also all my friends who support me. Your support is my spirit to keep continue this story. I am sorry if this chapter is boring, because it's only the beginning of their story. As you know from the first chapter, my story will be present and some flashbacks that will be the part of the story.

Once again, I am a newbie in writing a story, so I apologize if I disappoint you or my story isn't as you expected or imagined T.T

But, as greedy as I am, I will ask you to support me and stay with me till the end hihihi, cheers ^^

Happy long weekend!! <3333 

*I will spend long weekend working overtime in office though >.<

 

Oh, and also my deepest condolence for Sewol ship tragedy. This is a heart breaking news for everybody :(( I hope the passengers who're still missing can be rescued as soon as possible. And the dead victims could have the best place there. Let's pray for the best #PrayForSouthKorea