Guilt ~ Seunghyun ~

♥ i believe in 2nd chance ♥

"I don't see  why I should even consider the decision to pull the plug!!" Seunghyun could no longer hold on his anger but let it out to the demand of his in-laws that he finds ridiculous. He had tolerate to their accusations and blaming game far too long but for him to give in to their demand of pulling off the machine that keeping Chaerin hope of being alive, he rather shoot himself in the head than bow to their demands.

"Beside, what kind of parent you are to even think of that??"

"Oh don't show how saintly you are Choi Seunghyun. Don't you think that we did not know about Chaerin and your pending divorce. Our daughter had told us every single details about it. And of these, " Chaerin mother wave her hand surround her. "this is exactly being part of your plan to get an easy way out. But let me make it easy for you, Choi Seunghyun-" before she could even finished her sentence, Seunghyun cut her out.

"Well, the last time I've check that I am still her husband which mean it will be my call to let her go. Geddit??" Seunghyun could not believe of what he is hearing from the woman who he has always regard her like his own mother. He is shaking his head in disbelieve to seeing the changes of a person that stood in front of him. 'If only they will know the real truth behind my fail marriage...'

Seunghyun who is still stump with his mother-in-law outburst, feeling himself falling down on the floor as he cries to the pain that hurting his chest now. He literally bowed to his fuming mother-in-law. And all these while, his father-in-law just stood watching him, feeling sympathy to the sad Seunghyun. He knows that whatever his son-in-law had said is right. Seunghyun is still his daughter husband and only with his decision alone lies the fate of their comatose daughter. Him and his wife definitely had no right to impose on the current situation, let alone their broken marriage. They can't do anything about it.

Deep down, Chaerin father - Jaeho, felt grateful that Seunghyun had put out a strong fight to not agreed with his wife decision. Even he too had refused to go along with his wife decision. How could he call himself a father to pull out the plug and allow Chaerin life drifted away, just like that? The doctor had clearly stated that there is hope for Chaerin to wake up but when will that happen, only God have the answer. We only need to keeps on having faith with Him.

Jaeho gently pulls his wife to step back from Seunghyun who remains bowing to his wife, while the latter keeps on ranting and throwing all accusations to the helpless man. "Enough, Minji!!" His wife turn to him, a look of pure anger showing clearly on her face. "What...??"

But like Seunghyun, he will not back down. "I said enough with all these nonsense. We should let them be. Let them settled their own mess." He watched his wife scowled at him and she is about to concur to him but again, he cut her off. "We go now!!"

Only then Seunghyun look up from where he is still bow on the floor. He watched his father-in-law dragging his mother-in-law out from the room but before the woman shouted to him. "You have ruined my family, Choi Seunghyun!!"

Slowly Seunghyun got up from the floor. He peer out the hospital hallway and watched his mother-in-law pushed his father-in-law hands away from her and left the man behind. His father-in-law merely shake his head defeatedly as his wife walks away from him.

"Appa..."

The man turns to Seunghyun. His face just tells Seunghyun that the man too had to go through alot ever since Chaerin accident. This just makes Seunghyun a lot worse. He knows that his wife is the apple of her family and she is everything to his father - his heart and soul. Obviously it does pain Chaerin father to bear the news of his daughter medical condition. Not to mention his daughter failed marriage. Seunghyun not imagine if this to happen to his Navi. 'Maybe I kill myself before I personally murder her husband.'

But Chaerin father had stay calmed throughout the ordeal. He could accept it with open mind to the new of his daughter pending divorce. He still fought hard to stay calm as he face Chaerin condition. Not to forget, he tries to stay positive throughout every single day.

"Don't blame yourself, Seunghyun. And don't take it to the heart from what my wife had said. Angry person will said whatever they wants to said even they knows how irrational it will be after they had stay calm." Jaeho advised his son-in-law. Deep down he understand that the man had gone through a lot of tough ordeal in his life - a fail marriage and the rocking state of his family business. "No one wants this to happen in the first place."

"Appa I want to apologise for what I had make Chaerin and you had go through, even eomma." Again, Seunghyun bow his head, showing his respect to his father-in-law. "I am not a good husband to Chaerin and a very ungrateful son-in-law, appa."

Jaeho heave a sigh. Shaking his head, he continues, "You are a good man. You have been a good husband to Chaerin and I could not look for a better man for my baby. Not to forget Seunghyun..."

Seunghyun looks up to his father-in-law, waiting to hear the end of his sentence.

"A very attentive father to my sweet granddaughter Navi." Jaeho smiled. Without saying a word no more, he quickly walk off, leaving his son-in-law standing by himself in front of Chaerin room. Seunghyun could only smile. He walk in side the room again, watching his wife who looks like she is sleeping instead of her current situation. Doctor Lee had said that her condition is improving and with lots of patience and prayers, she will wake up soon. And that he is keeping all hope for his wife to wake up. Not because they could quicken their process of their pending divorce, instead so that the 3 of them could reunite again as one happy family again.

"Please wake up my dearest wife. Navi and I misses you a lot." Seunghyun whisper to her sleeping form. 

Hong Ki had also stated out that it could help to improve her process of waking up, if Seunghyun could always talk to her while she is in her comatose condition.

"Talk about what Hong Ki?" He asked the other day of one of the possibilities to help Chaerin to wake up.

"Anything that you want to talk to her. Like sharing old sweet memories of the two of you before Navi has born. You know something like that."

Seunghyun trying to understand the meaning behind Hong Ki advise. As he ponder the suggestions, it makes his heart beat two times faster. 

"I heard that both of you facing some difficulties in your marriage..."

Seunghyun glared at him.

"I did not mean to impose but I just try to help here." Hong Ki tries to back pedal, seeing how cold Seunghyun looks at him.

"How?"

Hong Ki cleared his throat that suddenly felt dry. "Well, if you could take that as an advantage to your favor, by sharing your sweet memories with her and by miracles, it might change her decision." 

And that's what Seunghyun would want to get things started. He wants his wife back, not only for himself but for his baby girl.

Seunghyun pulls out the chair and get himself comfortable before he reach gently taking his wife hand in his. "Hey girl, you looking super fine." He smiled before he continues. "Remember those line? That was where it all started...between us..."

 


Mianhe...for being away for a very long time. I blamed it on my 'Writers' block' and now I am fully charged with new story ideas for our darling couple ~ SkyTempo.