Karaoke

I Don't Care...I Think

Done.

Namjoo replies.

He smiles as he thanks Namjoo for her help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My heartbeat is racing. The car is silent with the occasional movement from my kidnappers.

*click*

I turn towards the sound. What was that? Are they taking pictures of me? Am I being used for ransom?!

"Sshh!" I hear as someone grunts from the impact of being hit.

What was going on?!

"Boys we're here!"

That voice. It seems familiar. But I can't rack my head to figure out who's voice it is.

I'm grabbed by someone. They start to slightly, but gently pull me out of the car putting their hand over my head as I bent down to not hit myself with the car door frame.  

I'm scared and just follow along their footsteps.

“Welcome!” Where are we?

“Ssh” Huh? Why are my captors quieting someone?

“Ah I see. Well I have a special room for your group. I’m sure he’ll love it!” I hear the man say.

“It’s at the end of the hall, I’m sure you cannot miss it!”

“Ah, no no problem. Hope you all have fun!”

The man seemed as he was talking to himself but I’m sure there are other people around because I’m being held.

They start pulling me away from the man. No. He’s my only salvation. I’m blinded and tied. Why is he not concerned?!

As we proceed on walking I hear slight vibrations. I’m not sure what I heard but, I’m certain I heard music. I keep walking confused but attentive to my surroundings as my captors leads me towards an unknown area.

I hear a door creak open, I get pulled in and forced to sit. The object I’m sitting on is comfy. I lean back to feel the backrest and get comfortable but alert.

“Now” I hear. Now what?! Are they going to start hurting me?!

I start to panic as I feel the blindfold and the rope being untied and the pressure decreases.

Six smiling faces is the first thing I see as I start fuming from anger.

 

“Surprise!” they yell as I shoot them all a death glare.

“You gotta be ing kidding me!” I yell and head for the door.

“Hold him back!”

Two guys stand in front of the door while two others have a hold of my arms and turn me around to face the other two bastards who I presume came up with this idea from their mischievous smirks.

“You are not going anywhere until you hang out and have fun Myungsoo” Baekhyun says grinning widely.

“You know you are holding me against my will and I can call the police at any time right? I’m sure that would give your parents’ heart attacks.”

“Our parents know our little scheme. Who do you think brought us here?" Jongdae smirks.

I stare at them in disbelief.

"You're Kidding!"

"Nope! My dad brought us here! I turn to face Dongjun who in return smiles brightly.

"That makes sense why I heard someone familiar" I mumble.

"Why the would you want to give me a heart attack to hang out! Why not just ask, I would have come!" I yell ready to leave the place.

"You declined almost everyone to hang out today. Plus would you really have come on your own will?" Baekhyun asks.

"No."

"Exactly, we already knew that so there was no other choice but to do this. As a matter of fact we happen to know you better than you think we know, Myungsoo" Jongdae cheekily said.

I stare at them all. I'll definitely be ignoring them in school again. Then I notice the room we're in and made up my mind. I was not going to be staying here.

"I don't want to be here"

"Why!? This was our favorite hangout back in middle school!" Hyunsik lets go of my arm and wraps it around my neck.

"We have great memories here" Baekhyun smiles reminiscing.

"Remember we ate so much one time we just sat for 20 minutes wasting our precious money." Daehyun says as he grabs his stomach and slumps down on the couch.

"What about that time, Baekhyun and Jongdae had to sing Ear Candy as a dare!!" Sandeul burst out laughing remembering.

I slightly laugh. I remember it was hilarious to see. They both sing, but they do not rap and let alone dance. Yet, on that day they both tried to cover the song copying the respective singers' movements and failed horribly.

"See I knew it would bring back memories! Myungsoo's smiling!" Baekhyun shouts.  

My smile falls and everyone stare at me grinning. What a bunch of weirdos.

“I said I don’t want to be here, I’ve stopped singing since I left.” I say firmly.

“So? We’re not asking you to go back to the choir, just to have fun with us” Jongdae says as a matter of fact.

“If you want, we can keep it a secret from your admirers” Dongjun said winking at me.

“Shut up, they bother me” as I slightly push him away from me.

“Aww, c’mon Myungsoo! We all know that you were the ladies’ first choice!” I look at them annoyed.

“Nah, I think it might have been Jongdae who was the most successful. Right?” Baekhyun hints while wiggling his eyebrows towards Jongdae.

“I said I was going to take that to my grave! No one will know!” Jongdae throws a pillow towards at Baekhyun wondering what they are talking about.

“Wait!” We all turn to Daehyun, eyes and mouth wide open.

“Don’t tell me--” he says surprised as he looks from Baekhyun to Jongdae.

“You-- you went out with Dasom?!” Daehyun finishes pointing at Jongdae.

Jongdae starts groaning while smacking himself while the rest of us stared dumbfounded and surprised. (Way to keep your cool man)

“I told you, you should’ve told them” Baekhyun says as he folds his arms.

“Ugh fine! We didn’t really technically date, she was our #1 fan right? She liked me, at one point she kissed me and then we started talking afterwards. I started to really like her but when I wanted to properly ask her out then she asked me if she can be introduced to Myungsoo. That pissed me off so much ‘cause I sincerely started liking her but she started liking Myungsoo." Jongdae looked relieved but troubled at the same.

"Wow this came out to be an awkward conversation" Sandeul says as he was trying not to look at Jongdae.

"Why do you hate her now though, if that was years ago?" asks Dongjun.

"I haven't been able to forget how embarrassing, humiliated and hurt I felt when she told me that. I swore I would ignore her but it still gets to me whenever she's mentioned." Jongdae finishes with slight anger.

"So that makes sense why you were pissed the other day then" Hyunsik says.

"I'm surprised you're all taking it so well and not laughing"  Jongdae seemed relieved from our reactions.

"Well we are your best friends and we have the right to make fun of you but this is an awkward situation since it involves something we didn't know about, talk about trust issues, Jongdae" Sandeul says.

"Thanks, I do trust--"

"How come Baekhyun knew?" I asked.

All eyes look towards me and then land on Baekhyun then Jongdae.

"That's true. Did you really not trust us as much as Baekhyun?" Dongjun pouts.

"I happened to walk in on them kissing" Baekhyun grinned. "And I used it as blackmail for awhile because he didn't want anyone to know about it."

"If too many people knew about it, it would get complicated. But whatever, it's a part of the past I'm not particularly fond of." Jongdae concludes.

"Have you thought of making up with her?" Sandeul asked. "Maybe she's a nice person."

Jongdae looks at him like if he was talking gibberish.

"She's only nice to you if she wants something in return, so no I don't think I'll be fond of forgiving her or talking to her in general."

I think about what Jongdae says about her using people. Hmm...interesting. So does that mean she's using me to get to Hyunsik? No, that can't be true. She decided to help me before she found out I was "friends" with him. She probably doesn't remember he was in the choir either.

"She--"

"Forget about her, let's start having fun!" Jongdae grabs a microphone and starts looking for a song.

“What if Myungsoo does a duet with Jongdae?!” suggests Baekhyun.

“Likes--- Hold up,why do I have to get punished and sing a duet with him?” I ask forgetting about Hyunsik and Dasom.

“Aww c’mon just like good old days Myungsoo!” Dongjun yells while I hear Jongdae yell out he won't bite.

I look at him confused…”What do you mean?”

“Aww you don’t remember? You always wanted to sing with Jongdae!” Hyunsik said.

“I almost forgot!” Daehyun yells.

"I brought snacks and drinks!" He says as he takes out the food out of his backpack.

" You mean you brought snacks and beer?!" Sandeul yells.

"Shh..do you want us to get in trouble?!" Daehyun says.

"You should've thought about that before bringing a big pack, Daehyun" I say as I open a beer and start chugging it.

I put the beer down on the table and grab the other mic and face the screen while silence envelops me. I turn around to see everyone just staring at me.

"What's up?" I looke at Jongdae.

"Wow, um, I didn't know you drank?"

"I don't" I shrug.

"Really? It seemed like it wasn't your first time"

"Eh, I always wanted to have some. So are we going to sing or what?" I ask him.

"Bring it!" He smiles brightly after he drank from his beer.

Jongdae and I start singing T.O.P by Shinhwa while the rest were waiting their turn.

"Wow I didn't know Myungsoo liked beer" Hyunsik said dumbfounded.

"Yea, we could've just bribed him with beer to hang out with us rather than kidnap him" Sandeul says as he took a long swing from his can.

"It seems like we learned something new about Myungsoo" Baekhyun smiled.

"Yep and about Jongdae too" Daehyun slouches back to the chair.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BAEKHYUN’S POV (Past 12 am…)

“Y’all drink s’more!”

“Who let Myungsodown pay for all this?”

“Yah, shh Deul he don’t have money! I bought this beer so I pay”

“Daehyun, shut up. Obviously, you don’t have the money either.” I say.

“Hey...Hey...Hey...It’s okay I have money. I work at Cafe Blu, I got thisss” Myungsoo says as he closes his eyes and places his hand over his heart.

"Nev' mind. Wallets gone." Myungsoo mumbles as he empties out his pockets.

“Yah Jongdae, how are we suppose to take everyone home in this state?” I nudged Jongdae.

“Beats me, there’s four who are obviously drunk, we’re tipsy and Dongjun is already passed out on the floor.”

“I didn’t realize our hanging out would end like this, broke, drunk and close to getting kicked out.” I say as I rub my eyes.

"Hey you're the one that had this plan" Jongdae says as he pushes Hyunsik away before he hugs Jongdae.

"Yea but I wasn't the one who brought the beer" I glare at Daehyun as he and Sandeul encourage each other to chug some more.

I get up and take the beer away from them.

"That's enough."

"Yah give me back, it's miiiine"

"Stop acting childish Daehyun."

"Hey Baek..on. Haha." I look at Daehyun.

"Ok, you're done. No more."

As I start picking up the trash and putting it in Daehyun's backpack, Myungsoo goes and sits next to Jongdae calmly.

Jongdae eyes him with caution.

"I try to b'come anti-social, they kip talking to me. Bother me." He eyes Jongdae.

"Find out Namjoo has Yeollie..." Yeollie? I wonder who this is?

"I get friends, then Mur fiends..." He smiles creepily at Jongdae as Jongdae eyes him weirdly.

"I get blinded. Find out Jongdae likes Dasom..." Jongdae scowls.

"But Dasom likes Hyunsik, sorry Jongdae. It's okay you have us to comfort you." As he starts wrapping his arms around Jongdae while Jongdae tries pushing him away saying he doesn’t care about her.

"Sing again, drink beer and have fun...why my  life soooo complicated?" as he leans on Jongdae.

"Your life isn't even complicated. Stop whining” I say as I continue to clean up after the drunkies.

“Hey Baekhyun, he fell asleep on me”

I look up to see Myungsoo slightly hugging Jongdae, his head on Jongdae’s shoulder and drool starting to fall down from his open mouth.

“Jongdae he’s drooling” I chuckle.

Jongdae looks down quickly with disgust.

“Great, this is just great.”

 

A/N: Hello! So I'm back this month. So I realized I'll probably have monthly updates since it takes me awhile to update for personal reasons. I've been adding to this chapter everytime I get the chance so I hopes it makes the story flows. We see Myungsoo (finally?) accept his friends back! Ok so we'll see how this new step goes. Thanks for reading and please any comments will be lovely! have a nice day!