Doubtful Save

Wake Up To Love! ✴ Pt. 2

2 | Doubtful Save

     Sleeves up, let's go! School clean-up week was happening. It was an annual tiring week, but everyone loved being at school for the last week. The teachers didn't care if you talked, ran around or wore clothes you usually weren't allowed to, as long as you cleaned up well and did your bit. You smiled as you wiped the tables, thinking about the discussion from two days ago. 

"Alright, it's decided. Busan - two days, one night. We have a van at home we can take," Jin announced. 

You began to whistle, looking forward to the trip. You'd never been to Busan before. It was where Jimin grew up, there were definitely many things you wanted him to show you there, like where his house was, which primary school he graduated from and any places he used to run away to - you wanted to see all of them. Rustling from outside the classroom caught your attention. 

"...Do you know what you just did? This branded dress cost me a fortune!" 

You walked to the door and instinct kicked in. "Sorry, please calm down. We'll help you clean it up." You stood beside the girl you didn't know and apologised to the popular girl who had soap spilt on her dress. As she shut up and the two of you did as promised, you couldn't help but pout. 

Taehyung-ah... You must've been so brave to stand up against three older sunbaes for me back in the first year of high school. 

A few minutes later when the mess was dealt with and the crowd cleared, you faced your-to-be frienemy. "Thanks, I'm Yeongmi. I just transferred here." You were shocked to find out she was actually one year level younger than you, especially when she was tall enough to pass as a last year. She reminded you of Jeongkook... maybe they're twins? It was also a bit more weirder that she transferred with one week left of school, but with no one to hang out with, you happily let her tag along to go meet with the guys - a decision you did come to secretly regret. 

 

     "Yeongmi, Boy Scouts. Boy Scouts, Yeongmi." You grinned, introducing them to each other, "Hey Jeongkook, she's the same year level as you, maybe you two could..." you teased, having him look away, glaring strongly at no where in particular. His hyungs all and Yeongmi, but she looked just as disinterested in him that he did in her. 

"What's wrong, maknae?" Suga wrapped a fatherly arm around the taller playfully. 

"Nothing." He answered coldly before his eyes moved around as he felt he needed to think of something to say, "You-" he looked up at you, freezing your joking tone, "... call us BTS, Boy Scouts makes us sound like little kids for some kids' program." 

His unexpected response triggered your memory to when you first spoke to him. His attitude was the total opposite to now.

"Jeongkook, right?"

"Yeah. You're... V hyung's friend, right?" You nodded. "Nice to meet you, noona." 

"Are you dating Jeongkook? You seem like the type of guy all girls would fall for." 

He shook his head, "No, not yet." 

"Really? Well, I have a few friends I could recommend to you if you like." 

"But noona...." he mumbled, blushing, "I'm too young." 

You apologised softly before the other members quickly jumped in and covered up the awkward silence. "Sorry, ignore this kid. He's going through puberty," Rap Monster teased, speaking to Yeongmi. She nodded politely but it seemed like she didn't have any reaction whatsoever to Jeongkook because she totally understood what his problem was. Heh, kids... You thought, grinning to yourself.

"Hyung..." he glared at his hyung before glancing at you again. 

"So Yeongmi, do you want to join us on our trip?" Jimin asked, putting a hand on Yeongmi's shoulder. After a bit of persuasion skills put into action, she was convinced into coming along. 

 

     "Hey," Jimin pulled you away from the group as you were heading back to each other's classrooms. You smiled as you both glanced shyly at each other. It had only been a week and a half since you officially became a couple. Things take time, and getting used to Jimin's killer eye-smile was definitely something that would take a while. "Hi," you giggled, linking hands with him. 

"The trip's this weekend, so do you want to meet up before that?" 

"What for?" 

He looked around shyly, a bit taken back, "Uhh.... so we can buy things for the trip, of course!" 

You grinned, he was so cute when he was lost for words. You nodded, "Alright." His lips curved up, "See you then." 

 

     "What do we need though? It's just the beachside and then dinner at a restaurant right?" You tapped your finger on a shop window, glancing at the holiday clothes on display. 

"Yeah, but let's buy one of those cameras that print the photo out on the spot." Jimin said, looking at the row of shops in the centre. "A-hah! There." He dragged you to the shop and bought a large white camera. Since he seemed to know what he was doing well, you decided to let him lead you through the shops. 

As you kept quiet following him, he paused at a shop window that displayed a white dress in the window. He looked at it with slight fascination. "What is it?" You asked, leaning near his shoulder. He let out a short chuckle, "Nothing, it's just..." he turned his head to look at you, "you'd look nice in it." 

You blushed and leaned back, staring at your feet as Jimin giggled. 

 

 

Author's Note 

     2nd chapter! I realised there's quite a lack of moments between 'you' and Jimin, so I'll try to add in more moments here and there :) 

Please leave a comment, and thanks to all those who subscribed! Meanwhile, please chcek out my new one-shot featuring Jikook, named 'Don't Let Me Go', and my new story with Jimin, Jeongkook and Taehyung: 'I Love Him More Than You Do' (both are so I hope you won't get strayed away from this story :P). Thanks for your unfailing support!