leebyongie | The Little Gift from Heaven

Tomboy Review Shop | Officially Closed -- Please check update
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 Pick Up

Story Title: The Little Gift From Heaven
Reviewer: NorthMelon
Author: Leebyongie
Date: July 9, 2015

FIRST IMPRESSION

How effective was the title?

The title straightaway gave me the impression that this is a story full of hope. It's a nice thought out title and although it's long, it's not a hard title to remember. However, once I read through into the foreword, the title sort of made me thought that it held onto it's own mystery instead of something that's seemingly full of hope. This title was very nicely thought out because this story is from the Haneul's point of view as she went on and on about how much she loved her son, so nice job there.

Poster and BG layout?

The poster was honestly very interesting. It looked very angst yet hopeful yet hopeless at the same time, giving it a very complex touch to your overall story. I really like it. 

Foreword and description: Did it draw me into wanting to read more?

Yes, it most absolutely drawn me into reading more. Your description was amazing because it was short and it hooked me in quite nicely. However, I think that the description exposed a little too much since you just straight out wrote that the son died before your parental description in the foreword. I think that you description should've just stopped at "But i can't save him" to leave a little cliffhanger for the readers instead of downright saying that the poor child dies before the story even starts. But then again, this is just my opinion.

 

STORY

How was the plot laid out?

Your plot was amazing. It was laid out nicely from start to finish; for both of them. Everything was so straight foreword and realistic. For a moment, I thought I was actually there with Haneul through every moment. This is an amazing plot.

How was the pacing of the story? Was it draggy or was it rushed through? 

The pacing was perfect.

Was the characterization consistent?

The characterization was very good. It was very consistent and very descriptive. Every character felt like they actually existed and were there right in front of me. I felt like I got to know each and every character very well despite it being a one-shot. Excellent.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter