Chapter Two

Once Upon A Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N I hate having to switch point of views L but it’s necessary here, I’m so sorry. This Chapter is written in third person. Starting from the next Chapter however, the story will continue from Yoona’s point of view again. I’m so terribly sorry! Also, I have postponed the posting of this chapter because I didn’t feel satisfied with it and even now, I’m not a hundred percent satisfied so I might come back and re-edit it in a couple of later >.< sorry for being a lousy person.anyways, it's super long and eventful so enjoy!

 

“Stop right there, thief!” the seller barked, bringing everyone including Changmin’s attention to him. Changmin felt it in his stomach that the girl with the princess disease was involved.

 

He hesitantly walked towards the noise and spotted the girl (he refused to call her princess Yoona) looking terrified. He darted his eyes towards the seller who had dashed towards the girl and gripped her arm firmly.

 

“You really thought you’d get away with it?” he snickered, spitting on the ground in a second after, “you have to pay double the price now.”

 

“Excuse me?” the girl questioned, looking much more composed than she did a few seconds ago, “Do you not know me?”

 

Changmin shook his head, dumbfounded that the girl was still going about it and whispered a quick plan in Sarang’s ears. After a few seconds, he stood up straight and Sarang nodded confidently.

 

“I don’t care who you are, you have to pay!” the seller exclaimed.

 

“Okay, okay,” Yoona shrugged her arm out of his grip, “I’ll pay you once I get back to the castle.”

 

“That’s not going to work on me,” the seller said then eyed the beautiful girl from top to bottom, “However, since you don’t have the money, you’ll have to pay me in another way.”

 

Changmin understood what the seller implied and he was not happy about it. Sure, the girl may be a liar and sure, she may be annoying. But truth to be said, Changmin never doubted her honor. She wasn’t a cheap woman.

 

“The soldiers are coming,” the seller tilted his head towards two sellers that Yoona never met before, “You either agree to my offer or I’ll have them jail you.”

 

Yoona grinned fearlessly, “Let them take me to the castle and I’ll come back for your head.”

 

Changmin heard her arrogant reply and cursed under his breath. Maybe he shouldn’t help her after all.

 

As the soldiers neared them, Changmin sneaked up behind Yoona and whispered, “On my count, one two..”

 

Yoona jerked her head towards him, surprised since she hadn’t seen him coming in behind her and reddened at their proximity.

 

“Three!” he said, louder. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards the other exit.

 

Yoona stumbled a few times before gaining balance and starting to match Changmin’s speed.

 

She stole a look behind her and found the seller along with the soldiers running after them.

 

“They’re fast,” she panted.

 

Changmin released her wrist but held her hand instead, “I know.”

 

Yoona’s eyes fell on Sarang ahead of them who was holding the basket of mushrooms in her hand, She was about to tell her to run when Changmin increased his speed so they passed her. Yoona looked back at Sarang and saw her spilling the mushrooms on the ground.

 

“The mushrooms…” Yoona gasped, but didn’t continue when Sarang gave her a knowing wink before kneeling and pretending to be picking up the mushrooms, thus coming in the way of the soldier and the seller.

 

When the pair were a good distance away, Changmin decreased his speed but continued to walk. However, not too long after, they became unable to take a single step, so they stopped.  They both took their time inhaling as much oxygen as they can. 

 

Yoona felt the sweat trickling on her back and her heart almost exploding out of her chest, she wondered silently whether it was due to the long run or due to the fact her hand is still tightly held in Changmin’s. She also wondered if Changmin felt her sweaty palm because he still didn’t jerk his away.

 

“I didn’t need your help,” she exclaimed while yanking his hand away, not because she hated him but because she was embarrassed that he’d feel her sweaty hand. As a princess, Yoona was a pro at acting. Her heart may be beating, her heart may be falling but her face and expressions didn’t give any of that away. She was simple, a pro.

 

“Are you seriously not going to thank me?” Changmin sat on the grass, throwing her a frustrated look, “Where are your manners, Princess?”

 

Yoona sat down next to him and sighed, “It’s not that, it’s just you wasted all that mushroom for me.”

 

After spending the whole day picking up those mushrooms in this hot weather, they ended up not selling them thanks to her. Yes, even princesses felt guilty. Yoona mentally took a note to reward them when she’s back in the castle.

 

“Oh, It’s okay,” Changmin  shrugged his shoulders, “it’s not like they make much.”

 

“Why don’t you work in a farm?” Yoona asked. Scolding  herself not seconds after  for being too nosey even though he sacrificed his money for her

 

“Because my dad does,” Changmin answered, “he doesn’t want me to, ‘it’s not for you’ he’d say.”

 

“You look in good shape, you’d make a fine soldier and who knows, maybe one day you’ll become a knight,” Yoona offered.

 

“I can’t become a soldier,” he said, absentmindly.

 

“Why not?” Yoona pressed for an explanation. Obviously she was testing his patience.

 

“Stop getting into other people’s business,” he finally snapped.

 

Yoona decided to stop her nosiness for the time being. “I have to go back and get Maya,”  she announced, the pride and power in her tone back again.

 

“Are you stupid? You’re going to get caught,” Changmin snickered in disbelief.

 

Instead of lecturing him on his rather rude behavior, Yoona decided to just ignore him and head towards the village quietly. Just as she turned, ready to walk. She felt a hand press against her shoulder.

 

“I told Sarang to bring the horse for you,” he spoke softly behind her. Sudden warmth rushed through Yoona. She was amazed that a peasant like him went out of his way to help her despite not knowing who she was.

Yoona knew.

 

Yoona knew that everyone who treated her nicely, did it because they were obligated to not out of love. But  this poor man, was the first person to help her not due to her status. She realized, at that moment as she faced Changmin and his sensuous brown eyes who lingered on hers for a long time, that Changmin was probably one of the kindest s out there.

 

Changmin on the other hand, stared back at the shorter woman with a puzzled expression. He wondered why her doe eyes were suddenly glowing with what can only be unshed tears.

 

“Thank you,” Yoona cleared , she paused for a few moments before continuing “for everything.”

 

My scholars were wrong. There are people who do good deeds without expecting the same from the other side.

 

There was the slightest shade of pink painted on Changmin’s face as he yanked his hand back to his side and swung his body so his back was facing her.

 

“Sarang is the one who kept on bugging me to help,” he simply stated, but his lips curved up into a small hint of a smile.

 

“Oppa is a liar,” the pair turned around to see Sarang walking with Maya next to her, “he’s the one who said we have to help you.”

 

Changmin turned bright red instantly, Yoona would have poked  fun of him if she was not blushing herself.

 

“I’ll get going then,” Yoona murmered nervously, as Sarang passed her Maya’s rope.

 

She mounted Maya and was about to take her leave when Changmin stopped her.

 

“Aye! Where’re you going?” he asked.

 

“I’m going back to the castle,” Yoona informed him.

 

“Do you know the way?” he questioned with a raised eye brow. Yoona silently wondered if he was implying that he wanted to spend more time with her or if he’s implying that she’s stupid. She guessed the latter.

 

“Yes,” she said indifferently.

 

“We’ll see,” he said, looking down, “Come on, Sarang, we’re going to see if our friend here really knows the way.”

 

Yoona grinned sheepishly as she gave Maya a small tug. At least, Yoona wasn’t afraid of admitting that she liked his company. Unlike the stubborn and prideful male.

 

This time around, the atmosphere was relaxed and less intense than the first. Since Sarang had told Yoona about her and her brother’s lives during the first walk. It was Yoona’s turn now. She told Sarang about the life of a Princess and the lessons she had to take at an age much younger than the little girl’s. The little female didn’t question Yoona’s honesty at all. Changmin, however, just rolled his eyes or shook his head dramatically every time their eyes met.

 

“The only thing I dislike about you is your lying,” he said after a while. Yoona successfully ignored the young male as she continued to recite a story she shared every time she had the chance. It was the story of how once she had a huge fight with her sister, princess Seoh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter