Chapter One

Once Upon A Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Princess, come back!” leetuek shouted as he jogged after me. The poor gentlemen was told to teach me equestrianism but he didn’t know Prince Seunggi had already taught me after tea last time he visited.

 

I patted Maya, the pretty white Courser my mom gifted me with for my 20th birthday and gave the rope a tug so that she would run faster. A Courser was for knights, I was aware of that, but I had insisted that it’s what I want so the Queen had no choice but to succumb to my wishes. I was the spoiled princess after all.

 

“Sorry Oppa! I’ll be back before sunset, I promise!” I chuckled, looking back at him.

 

Finally! I get to go to the village and see people from the working class for myself!

 

“Sarang-ah!” an alarmed voice yelled from the front and I looked back to where I was heading. A little girl was kneeling and picking mushrooms, that was not unusual, but she was in my way. A few feet away stood a tall guy, waving at me to stop.

 

“Stop it!” he shouted, “Stop it!”

 

Oppsey. Prince Seunggi forgot to teach me how to halt.

 

“I don’t know how!” I cried as I neared the little girl who was still unaware of the danger, “move out of my way please!”

 

The man ran towards the girl and picked her up but he was too late and Maya was too fast. I let my eyes close shut. I knew for sure that we were going to slam into them.

 

At the last second though, Maya halted on her own. And my body was thrown in the air. The man and the girl ducked down and I landed a few feet away from them.

 

Pain rushed through my body. Great, who knows how many ribs I broke and now I’m dirty too. What will Prince Seunggi think when he sees me like this?

 

“Help me up, peasant!” I shouted when neither the man nor the girl came to steady me up.

 

“You almost had me and my sister killed and you’re calling me a peasant? And who do you think you are?” the man said, walking towards me, rage filling his eyes, “Princess Yoona?”

 

I brought my body in a standing position, straightened up my shoulders,my chin high and smiled, “Yes.”

 

That’s when I first got a real look at him. He was tall, tan and handsome. His eyes, though angry were deep and for a second, for a second, I felt butterflies in my stomach. And I became breathless.

 

He laughed sarcastically, “And I’m Prince Seunggi!”

 

But only for a second.

 

“Listen to me, peasant,” I inhaled, controlling my own anger, a princess never loses control, never, “I am really Princess Yoona, as you can tell from the royal ring I’m wearing.”

 

I held up my right hand proudly.

 

“That doesn’t even look real,” he shrugged, clearly unamused.

 

Control yourself Yoona…

 

“What makes you think I’m not Yoona?” I questioned, my eyebrows raised.

 

“Princess Yoona,” he correct, I rolled my eyes, this commoner was defending me from me?

 

“I know you’re not Princess Yoona because I know Princess Yoona,” he stated with a smirk.

 

“Everyone knows me,” I grinned, pride rushing through me all of a sudden, “but I don’t know you.”

 

“Because you’re not the Princess!” he retorted in a rude manner.

 

“For god’s sake,” I mumbled under my breathe, “Fine, I’m not Yoona but give me two golden coins so I can buy a dress, I can’t let Prince Seunggi see me dressed like this.”

 

“Wow,” the man spat on the ground, “first you claim you’re a princess and now you’re begging for money, what a woman!”

 

“I’m not begging you for your money, everything in this kingdom belongs to my family so you’re giving me my money. But worry not, peasant, I’ll give it back,” I said kindly.

 

Control yourself, Yoona, control yourself…

 

“I’m not your ing peasant,” he repeated with a disgusting look, “Good day, ma’m.”

 

And with that, he turned and walked towards the forest.

 

“Hey! I did not excuse you yet!” I yelled after him, “Do you not know that cursing in front of a royal is punishable by five months of prison?!”

 

When he made no move to stop and show me the respect I deserve, I hopped on Maya and followed them, this time carefully tugging so she wouldn’t run off.

 

After a few meters, the man turned and glared at me.

 

“Why’re you following me?” he questioned coldly.

 

“I want to go to the village,” I replied politely. He raised his eyebrows.

 

“Then take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter