#42

My Neighbor

Jungkook went to the park to clear his mind. He didn't know why he had acted like that. Hadn't he and Taeyeon just made up at the hospital? Hadn't they embraced in happiness? He had no idea while he thought they made up and everything was beautiful, the tension in the air was as thin as the loose thread on his sweatshirt. Min Yoongi, the one who had the scissors, cut that already thin thread. Suddenly a dark figure overshadowed him. 

She stood before him, breathless. In those few seconds, her eyes showed him all the hurt and pain she's been through the past few months. She cried silently. Jungkook wanted to help but was unable to do anything considering he just said to not see each other. He looked down. Moments passed and he looked back up. No one was there. He sighed in fustration, trying to tell his brain not to imagine anymore images of Taeyeon. What is she doing right now? Where is she? Is she okay? He stood up and sat down again. He didn't know what to do. For the first time in his entire life, he didn't know what to do. No training his father gave him had prepared him for this moment. He hated the fact that he was still hurt and upset. He hated not knowing what had came over him. 

Meanwhile, in Luhan's apartment, Taeyeon winced as Chanyeol examined her arm. 

"An ice pack should do the trick," he stated disapprovingly as Taeyeon and Luhan recounted the misfortunes of the night. Taeyeon stood up and walked to the door. 

"Thank-you for everything you guys. I'll see you tomorrow, okay? There's something I have to do right now. I can't hold it off." she stated, heading out the door. Her feet took her to Jungkook's little sister's place. She knocked. The door opened.

"Who the heck dares to knock at this darn hour?!!" said Krystal. She gasped, "Unnie! What are you here for? Did Jungkook do something bad to you?"

"Well, let's just say he's a fading photograph under my mattress now...." she wispered tears silently trailing down her pretty face. She retold the latest events and what had happened last night.  

She and Krystal sat and cried for hours straight. Krystal was sad because of her disappointment in her brother. After all, he was always her savior as a kid and now he became like this. She fumed inside. And suddenly, she knew. 

"Unnie! I know what happened! Someone must have drugged his drink...but I don't think it was Krystal because I kept a close eye on here the whole time, I swear....Did you see something??" Krystal asked.

"...No...let me think....Well, at the hospital, I did hear her say 'I never meant for it to go this far'...something along those lines...maybe...?" Taeyeon pondered, lost in thought. 

"Unnie...maybe she got someone to do it for her...Yoongi I think. I never trusted him....Let's go find out if he really was drugged though, yes??"

"How? And as of right now, I don't really feel like bothering him anymore...." Taeyeon trailed on softly. 

"How could you even think of it like that...Of course he loves you and misses you. You're never bothering him. I swear it. And...as for knowing how, I don't go to school for nothing, you know."

"Arasso. I'll trust you on everything. You have my deepest thanks, Krystal. And I owe you so much, I'm so sorry for coming at a time like this." Taeyeon mumbled, relieved. 

"Taeyeon unnie. I've only fully trusted three people in my entire life- My mom, Jungkook, and...you. You've shown me real kindness and made my brother happy again. It is I who owe you. He's been miserable ever since...." her voice trailed off. "Ever since mommy passed away. He changed so much when I saw him with you. He was happy. He was himself again. I will stop at no cost to help him become happy again. I will always be next to you guys, unnie. Trust me." It was Krystal's turn to sniffle. 

Hearing that, Taeyeon cheered up most definitely. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go, Krystal! And...thanks for everything. I love you like I would my own sister, that is a most definite truth."

The two girls stared at each other and hugged for a short time before giggling like 5 year olds, happy again. They ran to hail a cab and headed towards Jungkook's once again. 

Once there, they knocked on his door, and saw something they thought they'd never see. 

Out came a tear-stained Jungkook, his hair disheveled and a most defeatist look.......and in his left hand was a bottle of beer, in the other was a raggedy looking teddy bear. Taeyeon remembered that bear, Jungkook had told her about it. Even though it looks as if it'd all fall apart with a pull of a thread, it's the sturdiest thing she's ever seen. It's been with him through fights and the twists and turns in his life, in other words, it's been with him since the begininng. She hoped one day he'll be able to share times like that with her -the ups, downs, happiness, and sadness. Perhaps fate was not on her side this time...Taeyeon was shaken from her thoughts when she heard someone laugh.

Krystal, though she tried hard not too, couldn't hold in a laughter and burst out laughing in the middle of the hallway in the dead of the night. Krystal took Taeyeon's hand and pushed Jungkook out of the way so both could head right in. 

Once in, she stated, "Okay, I'll go into Jungkook's bedroom to sleep, be prepared for tomorrow morning, we're having Jungkook tested, his hair anyways and right now, I want you guys to have a long talk out here okay? Work everything out. be prepared, unnie. If I were you, I'd grab a glass of wine or something....Just saying."

Taeyeon dreaded this moment alone on the couch with Jungkook. She didn't know where to look and was afraid he'd yell at her again. She decided to examine the quality and print of the couch instead. 

"Hey.." Jungkook said softly, handing her a glass of Bogle red wine. 

"No thanks...I don't drink and don't plan on for a long time," she answered back. "So tell me, what do you really think of me?"

"Huh....well....I really hate you, but I can't stand the thought of you having to go through this alone...I want to be there for you through snow and rain but I want you to feel the pain I'm feeling....I'd die protecting you, but I'd want you to die with me...I don't know anymore, you can take it however you want to take it but just what ever you do, don't go to Yoongi. I can't have that. Please."

"Wow...that was more straightforward than I thought...well, as for me-" Taeyeon started to say.

"Stop, I didn't ask for it. I don't want to hear it right now, but I have one wish."

"What is it?" Taeyeon asked, obviously curious.

"I will want to hear it in the future and when I do just....just..."

"Just what??"

"Just....Let Me Know," Jungkook stated.

That caught Taeyeon off-guard for some reason and she was flustered. Um okay? What was that all about? Weird...OH he's drunk, okay. Makes more sense. But still, don't people usually tend to say things more truthfully when they're drunk? Hmmm I wonder if we can still be repaired... 

"Uh okay...sure," she stated hesitantly. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hiiii everyone. I'm so sorry. I didn't have connection for months and my parents are way too conservative to let me go anywhere. I'm not allowed to do many things, even at this age cx anyways, finals tomorrow, hope you all have a good sleep! -beep boop bop out.<3 -itsthaiteaa