VI. Question

Fate Perfect

 

Sunmi turned her head toward Yixing when she heard the word "you" that referred her. Herself. As Sunmi.

"Why me? Had I done anything wrong to you?"

He leaned his back to the couch while looking at Sunmi, he bit his inner cheek and looked like he was thinking hard. "No." He answered eventually.

Sunmi scoffed and looked at him disbelief. "So, why do you put a blame to me?"

He then looked to the straight, avoided Sunmi's eyes, and didn't answer. Sunmi who was getting her nerves couldn't take it anymore, and stood up, "Well, if you don't really want to talk, let me go. I have bunch of works to handle."

She stood, she actually was waiting for Yixing talk something and answer her question, but looking at Yixing who kept silence, she rolled her eyes and walked a few steps toward the door when she heard Yixing sighed out loud. She then turned her body to Yixing

"So?" Sunmi said, annoying because Yixing kept avoiding his eyes.

He then stood up and walked toward her, "Answer my question first, then I'll answer yours. Do you love me?"

He stopped a few steps away from her, and look at her in her eyes. "What was that, Yixing? You scared me."

Sunmi didn't mean to dodge his question, she just felt worried to answer it. She was worried, if she answered his question seriously, she would break and finally burst out. She didn't want that happen. It was quite hard to face Yixing after their confrontation about engagement, and acted strong, that needed a lot of her courages to finally willing to meet him.

Knowing she won't answer that instantly, and walked away toward the door, Yixing grabbed her wrist and spon her around to face him. "I. Say. Answer. Me."

She felt goosebump upon hearing him so serious about his questin and demand her to answer him. She wanted to act strong and show him, she was not that influenced by his question, but seeing him like that with his seriousness in his eyes, her feet tuned jelly and made mental breakdown throughout her body. She wasn't okay. That meant, that question affected her so much. If that affected her so much, that meant, there was possibility she had a thing with him. Is that love? Or she hatred?

She pulled her wrist weakly from him, and he didn't oppose it, he let her do that. "No." She answered straightly.

"What did you mean? No for you don't love me, or no you won't answer my question."

She looked at him, once, and said, "No, I don't love." She instantly regretted saying that. But as far as she knew, I don't love..

He smiled, "That's why I canceled our engagement. You don't love me. That was enough for me to clear anything out."

For months after she heard about her engagement with Yixing, Sunmi was in her thoughts about if she accepted it or not. Was she willing to it or not. Whether she wanted to spend her rest of her life with him or not. She loved him or not.

And after many fights with her self, she said yes. She accepted her engagement. She was willing to it. She wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. But, she didn't know, if she loved him or not.

But she knew this, when she heard that Yixing wanted to cancel their engagement in the last minutes... It was painful.. so much.

"I didn't say, I don't love you, Yixing." She said, and left his place.

 



Deepest condolences with the capsized of South Korean Ferry. Rest in peace for the victims, I hop everyone will be okay. Be strong for the families.

 

Copyright @ AdoreLayHan