01

Catharsis
XSYKOTICA
Catharsis: One

Nipped by the raw, frigid chill of the night, he clasped his tremulous hands, his quirked lips pressed upon the chafed skin, warmth readily blown from his rosy cheeks. 

Affronted by the poor reception of their debut and lack of considerable sales, his agency promptly assigned his group a slew of grueling performances throughout the seasons with the exact material they were renounced for. Silent musings wondered if the entertainment company had handled the issue as professionally and intellectually as possible due to the constant, albeit undeserved, limelight and events - they practically compelled the audience to swallow each dose of EXO they were provided with. 

Pallid, he huddled close to the skittish arms folded across his chest and bitterly deliberated the moment these harsh promotions would dissipate from their schedule, but the thrill resonating in the shrieks and bellows of his audience toppled his fluid stream of concentration. 

Lights beamed, honed in on their crouched, positioned figures, his thoughts comprehending their turn for the stage was slated for recording. Shrugging on the glittering jacket to appropriate measures, he adjusted the dangling chains cuffed to his chest, his nails spiteful of the pretentious outfit that extolled the image his company crafted for his on-stage persona.

Firmly strung in preparation, he awaited for the cue of the first note of music, his breath curdled in short pants, his joints numb, his heart unsteady.

Tentative looks of confidence were exchanged with one another, the atmosphere still entirely prevalent with a thorny tension that left him slightly repulsed. Success was the main objective they were geared and molded for - friendly endeavors could wait, if at all.

Inscrutable to the shrouded figures in the crowd, he leaned forward, beckoned to their hollowed cries,  his IEM uncomfortably latched on to his ear. 

It was fine. 

Although his determination to reach the status of an idol was less apparent than the other members of his group, his work ethic was strong, his talent was impeccable, and he would stay; he would beguile them with his vocals. 

He would tolerate the idiocy, the fans, the label-mates - he would tolerate anything and everything to sing. 

And he hoped he would not later rue the decision. 


A/N: This is set during EXO's Mama Era.
SOOO, think of this as a prequel to what happened in Chapter 17 at least for now. aLSO, this is just a look into his personality atm, Bom will definitely make an appearance, don't worry. This is just a warm-up, yooooo. 

I do have most of the plot done, except I am stuck with a bit of the middle. Need to still work out a few kinks, but definitely good to go!

AND THANK YOU SO READING/SUBSCRIBING/COMMENTING/UPVOTING<3 thank you for the support so far! ;A;

ANNNND, THE CHAPTERS WILL BE FAIRLY SHORT (similar to the one-shots in heart beats!).