Endless Pursuance

Where are You?

Youngbae couldn't sleep. He knew Jiyong had TOP on this one but he couldn't help it. He had to find her, everyday after work, he searched. The first week he literally looked like a zombie. He finally knocked out the second week of his search, but only for a few hours.

He remembers the first day he met her, it was cold and wet outside considering it was early November, but there he was outside, bundled up in clothes along with his boys. It was TOP's birthday that day so they were all packed together ready to hit the clubs.

"Yo, Bae, you still down to be the Double D tonight?" TOP asked as they made their way into the first club they were hitting up tonight.

"Yeah man, it's all cool," he said as he followed after him, " I can have fun with out the booze and whatever else you guys plan to intoxicate yourselves with."

"You can hang with Seungri!!" Daesung happily replied as he shoved a reluctant Seungri straight at Youngbae.

"Hey.." Seungri said as he smiled lightly at Youngbae, "You don't have to watch over me, hyung, I can manage."

"Ah Riri my love! I guess you're stuck with me!!" Youngbae playfully pulled Seungri into a hug ruffling his hair up a bit.

"Hyuuuung~" 

The club was packed that night. He remembered quite well how he saw her across the room. Out of all the people cramped together on the crowded dance floor, she was the first one he spotted. Her outfit was not as flashy as majority of the girls here tonight, she was wearing tight black leather pants, with a flimsy leopard print top that revealed her waistline every time she swayed her hips. It wasn't her outfit that caught his eyes though, it was her hair, it was side swept into a ponytail except standing straight up on her head like an antenna. He smiled to himself as he watched her fist-pumping the air and swaying to the rhythm of the bass. He caught a glimpse of her face as she turned her body towards him and he could've sworn that her smile irradiated the whole room.

He watched her all night, slightly losing focus of his friends as he concentrated his attention on her. As she made her way towards the bar, he quickly got up and headed the same way, he stopped mid-stride as he realized that he didn't know how to approach her. He couldn't make out what she was saying to the bartender, but her smile never left her lips for a second, it seemed to be that way all night. He steadied himself as he took another step towards her just as a girl stumbled in front of him.

"Yo, D!" She yelled, "grab me another one!! We rippin' this place up tonight!!" She stumbled a bit as she grabbed on to Youngbae for support.

"Whoa! Easy there," he said as he held her arms helping her balance herself.

"I'm sorry about my friend! I think she's had way too much to drink tonight!" He heard. He knew right away it was her voice, nothing could've been more angelic. It was as if a choir from above was singing to him. He was so intrigued, his mouth couldn't voice what his mind wanted to say.

"I'll take her from here!" She said flashing him that killer smile that had him mesmerized all night.

"Can you manage?" He finally spoke as he felt the nameless girl's weight shift out of his hands.

"I'll try!" She said struggling to keep her friend standing straight, her friend was mumbling some things but Youngbae was too focused on Dara to take notice.

"I'll help-"

"Youngbae!" He heard someone yell his name as he reached for her friends' hand. "Come on man! We're gonna head- Oh! Who you got there, bro?"

"Oh, uuh, this is-"

"I'm Dara! This is my friend Chaerin, but yeah, your friend was just trying to help her, but I got her now!" Dara said as she tried to keep a stumbling Chaerin up.

"Oh! He can help! My names Jiyong by the way," Youngbae's  friend said as he extended a hand towards Dara.

Youngbae had no choice but to grab hold of Chaerin as Dara held out her hand to his best friend.

He held on to Chaerin as Dara led them over to the table they were at. He watched from behind as she kept flashing that captivating smile of hers to Jiyong. He strained his ears trying to eavesdrop on them, but the club music was just too loud. 

"You can sit her down over there." She said as she turned to Youngbae, "thank you for the help. Me and the girls got this now!" She continued as she motioned to a couple of girls nursing drinks of their own. 

"Yeah, no problem." He said as he smiled at her. Before he could say anything else, someone already beat him to it.

"So, Dara," he looked over at Jiyong who couldn't keep his eyes of off Dara, "can I see you again?"

She smiled up at him, nodding her head as she gave him her number, Youngbae softly smiled as he backed away from the two. 

That night, he thought that would be the last time he would think about her smile and how  it lit up her eyes, and how it easily distracted him; making him speechless; and how much he wanted to hold her hands in his. But no, no matter how hard he tried to get her out of his head, she was always there.

Years passed and Jiyong and Dara were still together, and so was Jiyong and the many other girls he had. Youngbae watched from afar as his best friend easily fooled around with the girl of his dreams. The first time he saw Ji with Chaerin, they actually sparred it out on the streets. Their friends wondered as to why they were both sporting black eyes, but Ji and Bae had gotten into fights before, so they weren't as curious.

Youngbae actually worked up the courage to tell Dara, but who was he to make her believe him? She watched as she continued to endure, long enough that they eventually got married. He watched as Dara constantly pieced together her broken heart just to have it ripped out and stepped on again by his best friend. He tried to make his presence known, not only as a friend, but as a man worthy of her love. He never gave up one bit, even when she constantly pushed him away. Youngbae made it known to Jiyong too, that he cared more for his wife than he ever did. Their friendship slowly drifted to the point where they were only acquaintances. 

Even through all this, Dara's love for Jiyong did not falter. Youngbae watched as the couple played the role of "best couple ever" in front of their family and friends, he wondered if he was the only one that noticed how fake her smile was. How she slightly cringed when people addressed her as Mrs. Kwon, how her eyes hint a sign of sadness when they ask her about kids and how her voice softly quivers as she slowly replies "I don't think I'm ready for kids yet,"  with the most fabricated smile Youngbae had seen her pull.

Seeking her love was not the easiest thing to go for, especially when she vowed herself to another. Even then Youngbae did not give up. Tonight as he searched for his friend's wife, the muse of his one-sided love, the woman that captivated his heart, the woman that received all his passion and adoration, he promised himself that he will never let her hurt again. Even if she still viewed him as nothing more than a friend, he will always continue seeking.