Agreement to a New Life

The Beauty Academy

CHAPTER 002

MinHee swallowed. This was seriously too dangerous. Her, be the star of YG Entertainment? You've got to be joking.

"I refuse." She looked away. "Get me a mirror, I'll prove to you everything you've got to know. One. I'm mediocre; as normal as a girl can be. Two." MinHee's tone grew stiffer as she turned to look back at the representative. "I have no talent in singing as a professional. I sang in the cafe for money. My family isn't well off." The rep just looked at her with a complex facial expression and handed her a hand mirror. She reached for it right as Dr. Nam walked in. 

"NO!" Dr. Nam screamed, and reached for the mirror. There was great struggling until Dr. Nam was victorious. "Y-You can't look at your face."

"Why in god's name NOT?" Minhee seethed. "It's my face, and I don't care if its messed up. Give back the mirrior." Dr. Nam just shook his head, and pocketed the small item. He glared at the representative. 

"What are you doing?" Dr. Nam half whispered, half shouted. "She didn't sign the contract yet, how could you do this?" In response to the doctor's outcry, the rep just smirked. He nodded his head in a half apology, and the doctor headed back out the room, grumbling.

MinHee was dying with curiousity. What was happening? She can't even look at her own face...what kind situtation was she placed in? She forced herself to look into the rep's eyes and said in a shaking, angry tone, "Give me the contract. You got what you wished for." The representative grinned and took out a bundle of formal looking papers. 

MinHee took a pen. What did she have to lose? She flipped through the papers without intrest until she stumbled upon the last page of agreements:

CONTRACT AGREEMENTS
1) YG Entertainment will pay for Kang MinHee's medical bills
2) In return, Kang MinHee needs to follow all stipulations given by the company regarding possible stardom career.
3) Kang MinHee must attend the Beauty Academy for training. 
4) This contract will be valid with signatures below, expiring in six years, unless renewed.

5) Henceforth, Kang MinHee will be known as Lee MinHee.

Easy enough. Change her name, attend some silly academy? Fine, anything to get her out of debt. She whisked her pen through the paper, signing her name on one big, flourshing movement. "Done." She spoke, breaking the silence in the hospital room.

Dr. Nam, who seemed to be listening to the whole converstaion outside the door, strided in. "Ah, here we are." He looked at MinHee, checking her vitals and her hands and face. "You actually could be discharged within this week."

The rep spoke up suddenly, abruptly. "I'll come by to pick her up a week from now, then." He looked at MinHee, his eyes finally showing some emotion. But what was it? Pity?

"One week until your new life starts...good luck."