The Contract

The Beauty Academy

CHAPTER 001

"She's awake, she's awake! Clear out, " Someone called. "Vital rates are stable. Kang MinHee-ssi, can you hear me?" Bright lights blinded Kang MinHee as she opened her eyes slowly.

"Is this heaven?" MinHee asked sincerely. Everything was too bright, and she remembered a huge crash. And screaming. MinHee looked up and saw a hoard of doctors crowded around her. "Why am I here?! Get me out of here!" Kicking back the covers, she started to pull out the IVs stuck in her arm. 

"Code Red! Someone get her down. She's not ready to move yet," a doctor cried out. Doctors coming from every side and perimeter threw themselves on her struggling arms and she could move no longer. "Please, MinHee-ssi, we are only here to help you." MinHee looked at the head doctor and sighed. She was tired anyway. 

"What happened? Why am I here?" She asked in a more controlled tone. "Please tell me..."

The medical personel looked around and the head doctor stepped up. "I'm Dr. Nam. You were in a car crash and were brought here under critical conditions. Due to YG Entertainment's wish--" The head doctor was elbowed by a stern nurse next to him, who glared at him. 

"Due to your critical condition, we brought up a life-saving surgery that saved your life. Right now, you might not look the best, but keep in mind, you were in a coma for about a few weeks," the nurse spoke instead of Dr. Nam. As she spoke, she stuck her nose in the air as if she smelled something bad. Something didn't feel right to MinHee.

"...How am I going to pay the bill?" This came all too fast for MinHee to wrap her mind around. "I have no money and my parents..." The medical team looked uneasily at each other. "No..." MinHee whispered. But the screaming from the wreckage of the car finished her thoughts. They were gone.

Doctor Nam spoke up again. "We don't know quite yet. But, someone would like to speak to you regarding that situation. Would you like to meet him now?" MinHee nodded. She had nothing to lose. Her parents have passed, and her body was a wreck. The doctors stepped away, and one man pushed through the door.

"MinHee." A man with dark sunglasses stepped in. "You know me, right?" He took off his glasses. "I'm a representive from YG Entertainment. We spoke last week." His eyes were sharp and demanding. "I'm here to form a contract with you, if you would like to accept." He sat down next to her bedside, his black clothing contrasted deeply with the white bedsheets MinHee was wrapped in. "We know how you sing every week on Saturdays with your guitar at a local cafe. And YG would like to allign with you; especially in this time, we're being very generous."

MinHee looked at the man. He could be a con man for all she knew. She fiddled with her blankets. "How does this solve my medical bill?" 

"I'm getting to that." The man studied her, and decided she wasn't up to his standards, since he scoffed. "We are willing to pay for you medical bills in exchange for the contract." 

MinHee stared at him. "What are the conditions of the contract? Tell me now." She sat up straigher.

"We see a possibility for you to be the next face of the YG Entertainment. To advertise us, to sing for us, to be a star."