~4~

Suffocating Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING- Unedited. I was lazy so please excuse any errors :)

*************************************************************************************

Morning was considerably more... eventful than usual? Ravi was out working with a boy named Taekwoon. And Dad was drunk the second I woke up. He yelled and screamed at the failure I was.

 

He said that I was worthless.

 

That I was never wanted.

 

That I was the accident that happened.

 

He said he never wanted a girl in the first place.

 

It really is the best way to start off your morning isn't it? Funny how life works itself out.

 

Ravi wasn't there either... Only Minhyuk and Byunghyun stood by me, softly trying to get me through this quickly.

 

And it hurt. I cried and cried, my throat hoarse and eyes red even before the day started. I begged and pleaded with my mother, trying to her her to say something against him while he stumbled around the room, eyes wild, shouting things.

 

Yet again, my mother said those dreaded words.

 

"I love him too much."

 

That one dreadful word... Love? What was it? Would I ever experiance it in my life? Wasn't it the thing only princesses ever dreamed of? I don't know anymore. Part of me wondered... If I was living, but not really living.

 

I loved to call it, living till I died.

 

Pretty easy phrase to remeber don't you think?

 

And yet again, I had silent tears streaming down my face as I ran to the bus stop, wiping the endless water droplets leaving my eyes. I walked into school, clutching my bag, glad to have found my makeup to cover the healing marks on my face. Sadly, in the heat of the moment, I left it on the bathroom counter, not wanting to be late to class.

 

Damn it Soyoung. You might need it.

 

But relax. What's the worst that could happen?

 

Minyoung stood by my locker, talking to the guy with small eyes I met yesterday. What was his name again? Songtu?  Sungfo? Wait it was a Sung-something. Sungwoo? Sunghyun? WAIT I GOT IT!!! SUNGGYU!!

 

I bowed slightly, with a soft "Annyeonghaseyo."

 

They both smiled and looked at me, moving over slightly so I could open my locker. Minyoung continued their conversation with no hesitation. "So could you all meet with EXO after school? I heard they had some drug safety thing to do with their performance."

 

Sunggyu laughed, nodding. "We wanted to go for a victoiran-ish concept. Like ummm.. Romeo and Juliet or something. I'm pretty sure Myung- I mean L wouldn't mind playing the Romeo part."

 

Minyoung cleared . "Anyone but him would do. Maybe Woohyun. I wouldn't want him to miss out on an opportunity that he's been waiting for, for so long."

 

Sunggyu nodded hesitantly. "U-umm I'll see what I can do."

 

The bell rang, signalling the first class. I slammed my locker door shut and quickly walked away, hearing the joyful voice of Sungjong calling out to me behind me. "Soyoung!!" He called. "I need to talk to you about after school."

 

~*~

 

The day kinda just shot by and before I knew it, I was late to my last period. Well, not late late, but enough to the point where.... Where the best seats filled up quickly.

 

I walked into class, to see my spot in the back taken. Sighing, I looked around, only to see the spot next to the Japanese boy empty. (I'm pretty sur his name was Kai?) Gathering my courage and what was left of my social skills, I padded over and gracefully tripped  glided to the chair and sat down.

 

He looked at me, his eyes wide. "Hi? I'm Kai... Remember?"

 

I nodded my head, grabbing my notebook and pencil. Feeling bored in a passtime of thirty seconds, I leaned against the palm of a hand, wincing as it hit my covered bruise. Feeling his eyes burning into my face, I cleared my throat awkwardly and bowed, using my hair to cover my face, mentally groaning at my injured lip throbbing and my eyes still burning from the waterfall of tears earlier in the day.

 

As class time ticked by, Kai looked over at me a lot, seemingly confused at my quiet behavior. Girls threw themselves at him. Girls willingly opened their legs to him but this girl... Ignored him like the plauge.

 

And it irked him royally.

 

His unique attempts at seducing the uninterested me only irritated me more. "So... You wanna help me with my homework after school? I'd love to do it on a desk." "It's kinda hot in here, don't ya think?" "I know something more fun than this. A party... For us two."

 

He went as far as the worst pick up lines in the world to get my attention. "Aren't your feet tired? Cause you've been running through my head all day." "I lost my pillow... You want to sleep with my instead?" "Are you free tonight? Or will it cost me?"

 

I put my head against my desk, annoyed.

 

Kai let out an exhausted sigh and looked over at his friend. "Baekhyun.... She refuses to talk to me!! I've never tried this hard on anyone."

 

His friend shrugged, a teasing smile playing along his lips. "I guess the Kai charm is slowly becoming the bye charm. Besides... I don't think you're as handsome as you think you are~~" 

 

Kai pouted, looking over at me. "Please? Just so I don't look like an idiot."

 

I rolled my eyes and turned around, propping my head against my hand. After I looked over at him, he smiled slightly. His face relaxed suddenly and it radiated slight curiosity and worry. "Are you okay?"

 

I looked at him and shrugged, confused. "I'm... Just fine." I sat up, wincing at my cheek.  "This isn't one of your stupid pickup lines is it?"

 

He shook his head, just as the teacher dismissed class. "It's just that... A side of your face is slightly purple and your lip is turning red... Want me to take you to the nurse?"

 

I looked down at my hands, only to see smudged concealer. Swearing under my breath, I stormed out of the room to see Minyoung leaning against the door, talking to the Sunggyu guy and five other guys.

 

"Ahh Soyoung!! We were going to head out into the gym. EXO decided against the auditorium seeing how there isn't enough room for the girls that would be crowding the area. Come on. Infinite said they're going first." Minyoung said, grabbing my hand and dragging me into the unknown. It really was unique if you ask me. Sheesh.

 

We blasted through the doors of the auditorium, fighting the girls trying to pry their ways in. Success in locking the door could officially be considered an international holiday and I can proudly say it was an achievement worth bragging about.

 

Out soft footsteps echoed in the empty area, as we made our way onto the stage. 19 Boys were stretching quietly and the air around them was fragile. I could've sworn that there was an invisible border between the groups glaring at each other. and it scared me a lot.

 

It's the face. The boy-pissed-off-imma-kick-your- face that Ravi and Minhyuk made at....

 

.....

 

Nevermind.

 

Minyoung bowed and clapped her hands, distracting them from the piercing glares the groups of guys gave each other. "So. Exo and Infinite. This is Soyoung my fr-"

 

"I'm her planning assistant, Soyoung. To be honest I don't really want to be here but... Detention called. Please treat me well." I bowed, silencing my shocked friend with a look.

 

She cleared and looked at Sunggyu with a face that screamed, 'Shut up and don't say a thing.'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter