~3~

Suffocating Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Uneditied - Sorry for all the mistakes and errors. I just didn't want to delay updating anymore :)

-----

The next morning was something short of hell. Half of my face felt swollen and my knee could barely move.

 

I looked over at the snoring body beside me and fondly looked at my brother sleeping. His bulky body shifted as I moved to the edge of the bed, wanting to escape his soft embrace. He finally let go, immediately hugging the pillow I slept with instead.

 

A smile on my face was quickly replaced by a groan in pain.

 

Struggling out of bed, I limped into the bathroom and took a look at myself. Other than the usually hideous complexion otherwise known as my face staring back at me, the bruise from the slap had turned a red-ish purple and my lips looked swollen. They were a deep red color and looked as if someone had kissed them mercilessly.

 

Wincing while washing my face, I applied makeup to cover up the bruise and used a lip eraser to make my lips look normal.

 

Taking a deep breath, I inspected my handy work. Not bad.

 

Tumbling downstairs, I grabbed a handful of ice, stuck it in a bag and placed it on my knee. Looking around, I heard the loud snores of my passed out father yet again on the couch.

 

Rolling my eyes in disgust, I impatiently waited for the ice to take effect. “Screw this .” I muttered, putting it back into the freezer.

 

I re-wrapped my knee and headed out the door, locking it. Doing my little bit of homework on the bus, I casually looked out the window seeing L. Joe’s reflection sitting there.

 

“You look like a little ball of sunshine.”

 

I glared at him, biting my injured lip. He chuckled and disappeared, leaving me to my silence. I got out of the bus and nodded to the bus driver in farewell. Walking through the almost empty halls in school, I heard some laughter and a whimper around the corner. I padded over softly, eyes nearly popping out of my head.

 

Surrounding a petite girl, was a gang of girls; obviously seniors. Her pretty face was bruised and loose strands of hair stuck to her neck and face. Judging by the state of her face and the contents of a purse spilled on the floor, I felt my heart clench in pity.

 

“Pathetic. I actually thought that you would’ve learned your lesson by now .” The girl said, walking up to the afraid girl. Her heels echoed in the halls, slowly gather various onlookers. “What did I say, about talking to Sehun?”

 

The cowering girl glared at her, standing up. “My name is Hana. And he is my partner in science. Of course I would talk to him!!” Her voice rose and octave, her stance strong.

 

The other girl scoffed and snapped her fingers. “Get me more water. She needs to learn from her mistakes.”

 

One of the gang girls already had a pail full of water and handed it to the senior with a nasty expression on her face. Before I could even comprehend or react, my body threw myself in front of Hana, taking the water dumped on her in her place.

 

I opened my eyes, feeling the ice cold water leak into my knee wrap and run down my clothes. Not caring, I took a step up to the leader and said, “You’re unfair, cornering a girl. You’re a coward for ganging up on her and humiliating her. I don’t care about you or your beloved who-ever-the-hell-he-is. Get the hell out of my way.”

 

She looked shocked. “You breathe the same air as me. You walk in the same halls I do. We. Are. The. Same.” I continued, taking Hana by the shoulder.

 

Looking at her with a soft expression, I nodded to her. “Let’s go.”

 

She gave me a confused look, but listened anyway. I led her a couple steps before stopping and realizing that we were trapped. In the middle of a crown of people circled around us. Looking at the ticking clock, I saw that class was just due to start. Cursing under my breath, I pushed through the crowd, getting looks, grimaces and glares from various people. Whispers invaded my ears.

 

"She's such and attention ." "How dare the new girl pull a stunt like that." "Doesn't she know who she's talking to?" "Stupid ." "Just some ty looking for attention." "Looks like she slept around."

 

I rolled my eyes and leaned against the lockers, exhausted and looking at the staring faces. Teacher suddenly stormed the halls and the gang was taken up to the office. The leader glared at me and gave me a look. “You will pay for this. Just wait.”

 

I stormed away, pulling the girl with me into the closest bathroom. I locked the door and took off her jacket, giving her mine instead. "You must be hurt. Let me help you."

 

Hana had a nasty looking scrape on her foot and her face had a couple bruises. I took off the wrap on my knee and gave it to her to wrap around her foot. She looked at me, confused. "Why are you giving me this? Why are you helping me? Who are you anyway? I'm Kim Hana."

 

I looked back at her and felt around in my bag for the makeup I used to cover the pain on my face everyday. "I see myself in you. I'm Soyoung by the way." Feeling around, I felt my face relax as I found concealer. "That wrap is clean by the way. I just used it to take attention away from my foot..... What did they want with you anyway?"

 

My hands began working quickly as I cleaned off her blood marks and applied concealer.

 

She sighed as she tightened the wrap on her foot. "It's complicated. Why do you have that wound on your foot?"

 

Finishing up, I gave her a soft smile. "It's complicated." I stuck out a hand for her to take.

 

She nodded and used it to stand up, in pain. "."

 

"Come on." I led her out, bowing slightly. "Take care Hana. Don't kill youself."

 

As she walked away, I felt my dripping hair seep into my bones. I shivered and quickly went to my locker, grabbing my extra pair of socks.

 

take Mushrooms. I don't have an extra pair of clothes.

 

Leaning against my locker, annoyed, I closed my eyes. I then felt someone tap on my shoulder softly. I opened my eyes to see Minyoung looking at me, her eyes brimmed with worry. "Oh my god. I saw what happened and how you stood up for that girl... And how you got water all over you. I wanted to help but I was in the back. I'm sorry Soyoung..."

 

I looked at her and smiled slightly. "It's fine honestly. The girl needed help."

 

Minyoung held up a bag in front of me. "I have an extra uniform... If you don't mind dry clothes... You always used to love the water... Whenever L. Joe was around."

 

I ignored her last sentence. "I guess I owe you one." I bowed softly, hearing the familliar noise from a certain group of boys entering the hallway. "Lunch today?"

 

Minyoung smiled softly. "Lunch it is."

 

She left after seeing the group of 7 boys come close to where I was standing. Her face froze up in a second. She didn't even bother saying farewell.

 

I shrugged it off. Maybe they're s.

 

The Sungjong boy flounced over to me and bowed. "Sunbae!! These are my friends I was talking about."

 

All of them nodded in greeting. One with small eyes stepped forward. Out of nowhere he pinched my cheeks. "I'm Sungkyu. Call me oppa though."

 

I opened my mouth to protest but the other members shot me the "Do-it-or-die" Look.

 

Going around in a circle, he introduced the greasy haired guy as Woohyun, The guy with big gums Dongwoo, the athletic looking one as Hoya and the tall one running in circles as Sungyeol.

 

The last male, however, was glaring at the back of Minyoung, who was talking to a teacher a couple doors down. Woohyun elbowed him and he looked at me quickly. "We've alrea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter