~1~

Suffocating Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I bowed to the class, staring at me in front. Clutching my sleeves, I bowed and looked up, expression still. "Annyeonghaseyo. Soyoung-inmida. I will be joining your class as a new student. Please, treat me well." I bowed and walked to the back of the class looking down.

 

Nothing better than a new day of school eh?

 

It dragged on rather slowly. Frankly speaking, I couldn't wait for it to be over.

 

Friends? Maybe later.

 

Right now, I just want to go home.

 

And see anything but this.

~*~

Dear Diary,

                Today is the start of a new diary after a very long time. Ever since… That happened; I haven’t really felt like writing anymore, until now. I guess you could call it fate that drove me to try and write again. I miss my peeps. You know? The ones that I see everyday...

                Anyway, today was my first full day of a new school. As usual I sat in the back of the classroom, not talking to anyone. Minyoung tried but… That I ignored. I'm glad she's there. I really want to talk to her but, i can't. You know I can't don't you? Minyoung, I swear to god, it's for your own safety. I'm sorry.... On another note; The teacher hates me, I swear to God. It’s actually kinda funny to me. Apparently, I'm too "quiet," How the hell is that a bad thing?! Have you HEARD the rest of the class? I promise you. I am an angel.

                Also, the kingka’s are back, more loud than ever. I swear to god. If they mess with my peace and quiet, they will have their heads in my locker. They walk into the hallway and some girl screams "OMO IT'S IN-PEE-NET!!!!" What the hell is an in-pee-net?! Aish... The world really is going absolutely insane. Then that stupid girl that sits in front of me was screaming about some “Texto” or "Expo" or something. Must be some online social networking thing.

                Today, Dad was drunk again too. Oppa was smoking and mom was out of the house, grabbing her anti-depressant pills. So here I am, writing after a very long time, trying to forget about it. Crazy what so much time can do to you. I miss Minhyuk. I miss the old days when home was somewhere I could be safe. I'm desprately trying to drown it all out. Kinda hard if I’m writing again :/

                Maybe I began writing again to ease the pain. It’s okay though. It’s not like I have a Prince Charming to come and save my sorry . I have to leave for now though. Someone is pounding on my door. Wish me luck tomorrow. I have this dreaded feeling that something is going to happen.

~*~

I set the pen down softly and closed the notebook, padding over to the door, locked shut. I could hear those awful voices screaming at each other, and I closed my eyes tightly and sank to the floor, clutching my thin legs. The shaking of my door ceased, but I could hear the slurred shouts of my father.

 

"Yooouuu'reee a failure! Jusss' like yarrr dead brother!" He laughed, completely wasted. "Annnnndd yarrr other brother... HA! Even woorrseee."

 

Some of the things he said were awful, and I knew Ravi oppa was just as hurt as I was, if not more. Sighing, I tried to block it out. "Minhyuk.... Byunghyun... Where are you guys when I need you?"

 

I could've sworn, I felt two things sit next to me. I smiled sadly, hoping it were true. "It's too loud..." I whispered, hearing my mother come home.

 

"We're here...." I heard one of them whisper. With that, I calmed down and accepted the words thrown at me. I guess you could say they stopped affecting me a long time ago.

 

The noise settled after a good half-hour and I slowly got up from my worn out spot, and stepped over to my bed, looking at the pictures of the few people that mattered to me.

 

Sighing and setting the old memories down, I laid down in my bed and stared at the ceiling, hearing the clock tick. Feeling my eyes shut slowly, I reached around for the light switch. Turning it off after a struggle, my body shut down.

~*~

My alarm was the only thing that ruined my morning. That plus the fact that I had school.

 

Joy. Nothing more enjoyable than school.

 

I hauled my poor, exhausted body out of the bed and sauntered over to the bathroom, grabbing a comb and brushing my tangled mane.

 

Quickly taking a shower and throwing my sketch book into my bag, I shot down the stairs, only to be greeted with the unique reek of alcohol and cigarettes. I scrunched up my nose in distaste and grabbed an apple from the kitchen.

 

I walked out of the door and waited at the bus stop like every other morning. Munching on my apple and nodding in greeting to the bus driver, I sat down in the empty vehicle.

 

After a short journey, I walked out of the bus and into the prestigious school, of Seoul Academy. You see, this was a school thought to be for only the best of the best. Frankly I went to it. And that means, I made it the school for the worst of the worst.

 

I dragged my feet to my locker and emptied out un-needed books and notebook, sighing at my empty locker.

 

“At least I’m here alone.” I whispered, leaning against my locker to close it.

 

Wrong thought.

 

A huge group of rowdy boys decided to enter the once quiet hallway. And it was just my perfect luck to be in the middle, of all of their lockers.

 

It took them a while to notice me. And as soon as they did, their playful expressions dropped and one of them stepped forward. “Annyeonghaseyo. Ho—“ One of them bowed to me, but before he could finish, I shot away, blushing.

 

I stumbled into class a couple of minutes early, to be greeted with yet another round of guys. Rubbing my temples in irritation, I walked to my seat, watching them, amused.

 

“PLLLEAAASSSEEE!!! GIVE ME MY GUCCI BAG BAG!”

 

“NO! YOU STOLE MY BOBA!”

 

“BUING BUING!”

 

“STUPID PANDA!!”

 

I felt my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter