Chapter 2

EXO Host Club

“That’s great!” Chanyeol clapped his hands in excitement. “We officially have a new member!”

Suho nodded half-heartedly, “If the other members agree, that is.”

“Wait, what?” Felle crossed her arms. “I thought I was invited into the group?”

“Only Chanyeol invited you,” Suho explained. He eyed the girl with an intensity that made her uncomfortable. “I suppose I approve of you.”

“I definitely approve!” Chanyeol gave a thumbs up. “She’ll be the member we never realize we needed.”

“What? So now I need all of your approval?” The girl frowned.

“Yeah,” the tallest of the boys grinned widely. “It’s not gonna be hard at all, we’ll go and find the rest of the members.” He grabbed Felle by the arm and dragged her towards the double doors.

“Hey, hold on!” She pulled back, stopping abruptly. “He hasn’t approved yet.” She pointed at Chen, giving him a look.

He rubbed his head awkwardly. “Umm, I’ll give my approval after the others agree as well.”

“What?” Felle raised her voice. “You’ve got to be jo—“

“We’ll find the others first, Felle!” Chanyeol insisted, tugging on her arm. Although the girl was fuming, she allowed him to pull her outside.

Once Chanyeol decided they were far enough, he let go of her arm. Her face was cold, eyes narrowed and mouth curved downwards. “You’ve got a strong -face game.” He laughed.

Felle smacked him, the sound echoing loudly in the empty hall.

“Ow!” He yowled, holding onto his hurt head.

She sneered at him.

“You’re so unpleasant!” He was now frowning at her, all the smiles gone from his face. The neon lit corridor was silent except for the sound of his heavy breathing.

Felle looked down at him. “Yeah, I am.”

“I can un-invite you, you know,” he spoke under his breath, just loud enough for the girl to hear. “See how you’ll deal with Kris on your own.” And he was serious too, sizing up to face her.

She blinked. “You wouldn’t…”

Lips twisting into a rare smirk, Chanyeol crossed his arms. “Try me.”

Felle gritted her teeth. She didn’t need any enemies, not on her first day—not ever. If she blew this she’d have the whole stupid host club on her tail. That Kris guy would surely want payback and somehow ruin her life. No, she’s not taking any chances.

“Sorry,” she muttered under her breath, looking up at the ceiling.

Chanyeol’s smirk turned into a grin. “What?” He cupped his ear. “I didn’t quite hear you.”

Felle sneered at him. “Then you’re deaf.”

He laughed. “I accept your apology.”

.

.

.

.

It was a silent five minute walk later that Felle found herself in what she supposed is the canteen—except it was more of a restaurant than a school cafeteria. Chandeliers hung up on the ceiling, with huge round tables creating a circle, and in the middle; a buffet.

“And this,” Chanyeol spread out his arms, “Is the cafeteria!”

Felle blinked once, and then twice. “Wow.”

“I know, amazing right?”

She nodded her head in approval. “I could get used to this.”

From a table in the far back corner of the room, a few boys waved them over, calling out Chanyeol’s name. Felle watched with disinterest as he waved back. His friends, most likely.

“It’s time you meet the other guys.” He pulled her towards the table, Felle just letting him do whatever he wants.

“Hey guys,” he put his hands on the table, silencing the easy chatter amongst the guys at the table. “I’ve got a candidate member for EXO.”

“Candidate member?” A guy who has super sharp features asks, his eyebrows raised. Felle noticed that he had multiple ear piercings, and that she probably shouldn’t mess around with him. He looked like he could beat her to death and get away with it; definitely a gangster.

“Yeah,” Chanyeol nodded. He pulled Felle to his side and slung an arm around her shoulders. “What do you think?”

Felle crossed her arms. “I’d say I approve if I were you.”

Another guy from the table, who was quite tanned compared to the others, frowned. “And why would we wanna do that?”

“You don’t seem special or anything.” It was the guy beside the tanned one this time, his only distinguishing feature the chuck load of eyeliner around his eyes.

Chanyeol laughed. “Aww come on man, give the candidate a chance!”

“What’s your name?” The gangster asked with a smile on his face, addressing Felle. She blinked, surprised by the friendliness that doesn’t match up with the face.

“Uhh… Felle.”

“Are you a girl?” A rainbow haired guy who had seemed to be disinterested in the whole conversation suddenly asked.

Before she couldbanswer, Eyeliner-guy smacked him lightly on the head. “Just ‘cause his name is girly doesn’t mean he’s a girl.”

The gangster nodded. “Yeah, don’t be mean, Sehun.”

Sehun only crossed his arms, a frown on his face. He didn’t look like he was going to participate in the conversation—or give his approval—anytime soon.

“Is he a candidate because he’s white?” The guy next to Sehun who had been silent this whole time suddenly spoke up. The whole table suddenly fell into silence. “What?” He looked around, surprised by the silence.

“That was racist, I think,” Eyeliner-guy spoke up, breaking the awkwardness. “Not very nice, Xiumin.”

Xiumin shrugged.

“He’s got a point, though,” Tanned-guy joined in, rubbing his chin in thought. “You’re like the first Caucasian EXO member ever,” he paused, “If you get approved, you know?”

“This is all kind of racist….” Gangster-guy whined—Felle had to blink several times, not quite believing her ears. The face definitely doesn’t match up with the attitude.

“Aww, come on guys, give Felle a chance. We haven’t got he—his,” he quickly corrected, “Type in the club.” He bumped his hips against the girl’s, not so subtly telling her to try and convince them to approve.

“Uhh…Yeah,” Felle drawled, not knowing what to say. “Approve of me…”

“I approve,” Sehun suddenly spoke up, surprising everyone.

“Huh?” Chanyeol turned to the rainbow haired dude. “You do?”

“Yeah.” He shrugged. “No loss for me.”

Felle nodded at him. “Thanks.”

“Me too.” Xiumin raised his hand. “I approve.”

It was easier than Felle thought it would be. She had been anticipating a lot of challenges and freaky requests, but apparently all she needed to do was…well, nothing. Chanyeol did all the convincing for her.

“Baekhyun?” Chanyeol turned to the eyeliner-guy. “Kai?” He addressed the tanned guy. “Tao?” And then the gangster. “Do you guys approve?”

Kai shrugged. “What could go wrong? I approve.”

“Do you guys really have to say the words I approve?” Felle scrunched her nose up, “Can’t you say, like, okay, or something?”

Tao rubbed his head. “I guess, okay?”

She turned to him. “That’s an approval right?”

He blinked owlishly, “I guess so…?”

“Awesome.” She turned to the only remaining guy, Baekhyun. “And you?”

He looked around, seeing expectant faces from everyone and sighed. “Alright, you’re in.”

Chanyeol fist-pumped with the girl next to him. “That’s great!”

Felle nodded, a satisfied smirk on her face. “The power of being white, huh?”

“It doesn’t make you better than us or anything though,” Baekhyun interjected quickly, defensive.

Felle raised a hand in a mock ‘calm down’ manner. “Never said I was.”

The arm arm around her shoulders tightened, and she looked up at Chanyeol who had a grin plastered on his face. “We definitely got ourselves a sassy new member, yeah?”

They all nodded slowly, eyes narrowing at Chanyeol’s poor attempt to dissolve the arising conflict. It was only out of pity and tolerance that they let him get away with it, Baekhyun dropping the issue, and Felle keeping shut.

“What about the others?” Tao asked, breaking the silence. “Did they say yes?”

Chanyeol rubbed his chin. “The only ones who we haven’t asked are…” He closed his eyes in thought, “D.O., Lay, Luhan and um…”

“Kris,” Felle added.

“Yeah!” He nodded excitedly, “Just four more.”

Felle groaned.

 

--

Chapter 2/END

2/5/14 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAO!!
--