Chapter 3

EXO Host Club

Chapter 3

.

.

.

Felle was starting to regret her split second decision to say yes.

Sure, she needed the money, and the offer really was too good to pass up, but it really wasn’t worth the trouble. Convincing the pretty boy—who was it, Luhan?—to approve her was easy enough. All she had to do was play soccer with him—although he ended up teaching her, because she really couldn’t do sports to save her life. Yixing—the sleepy-looking guy and D.O. (he’s easiest to remember because his name is just an acronym) didn’t even need any convincing. They said yes right away.

But all of that was because Chanyeol had been there to do the talking (and everything else). With only one more member to ask for approval (because Chen will say yes, everyone else said so), he suddenly had to go to class, saying that he’d get detention if he skips this particular class, leaving Felle on the rooftop.

With Kris.

This is awkward even for her.

“So…” she drawled, trying to start a conversation.

He didn’t even turn around, his back facing her. Probably too preoccupied with…whatever he was doing; looking at the scenery or something. Felle grit her teeth.

“Hey, umm… Kris, right?” He turned around, eyes narrowed into slits. If she had been anyone else, she might have felt intimidated, but this was Felle and she didn’t really care. “Could you say I approve?”

He blinked slowly, as if registering the situation. “You’re a candidate member?” He asked incredulously, as if the mere idea of her in the club was hard to believe.

Felle crossed her arms. “Yeah, so I need your approval.”

Kris raised his eyebrows, his lips curving into a smile of disbelief. “You’re asking me?

She nodded.

“You who just broke my masterpiece—“

“I said sorry, didn’t I?”

The corner of his lips curved down into a frown. “Didn’t say I forgave you—and you have the guts to ask me for approval?” He was baiting her and she didn’t like it one bit.

“I didn’t come here to fight,” she took a deep breath, “I just need your approval.”

Kris scoffed. “What makes you think I’ll approve of you?”

A sudden breeze interrupted them, sending their hair flying off in different directions. The weather really was perfect for an outing—not too hot, with a bit of wind. It was a shame she had to spend it asking for approval from people.

Felle gestured to herself with a flat expression.

Kris raised an eyebrow. “And what is that supposed to mean?”

“I look good in a uniform…?” She wasn’t sure herself. All the other members had said yes without much of a fuss—most likely because Chanyeol was there. How should she even self promote?

Kris nodded. “A much better change than the tracksuit, I admit.”

She shrugged. “Haven’t had my uniform tailored yet.”

“And whose is that?” He gestured at her clothes.

“Suho gave it to me.”

He frowned. “The trousers are too short.”

Felle raised her left leg up for inspection. “Yeah.”

And then silence…

Kris sighed, his whole posture relaxing. He was now leaning on the fence behind him, arms at his sides. “You want to be a member of EXO?” He looked at her.

Felle nodded, not breaking his gaze.

“Alright,” he conceded. “What’s your name?”

“Felle.”

“You’re serious?” he deadpanned.

She nodded.

“Felle?” He asked with a raised eyebrow. “That’s a girl’s name.”

She shrugged—Chanyeol had wanted to play a game which involves tricking everyone into thinking she’s a boy. There would definitely be a huge -storm when they find out, but whatever; it’s easier than explaining now. And the chances of all the members accepting her was higher. There was just something about having a girl in a host club.

“You have a girl’s name,” he said the words slowly, one by one. “You know that?”

She shrugged again.

He took a deep breath. “Alright, whatever.” Pushing himself off the fence, he motioned for her to follow him. “If you can pass my test, I’ll approve.”

Felle let out the breath she was holding in. Kris wasn’t as bad as she imagined him to be--though not a lot better either.

 

.

.

.

.

 

Kris led her back to the cafeteria, with the chandeliers and the huge buffet—the sight of food was making water. When’s lunch, anyway?

“Go and invite someone to visit our club this afternoon,” he ordered her, taking a seat on an empty table. There weren’t many students in the cafeteria, just a few groups, and some who were alone. The EXO boys who had been occupying the table near the far back wall were gone.

“Anyone?” she asked.

Kris nodded.

She scanned the mess hall for potential invitees, and found a lone girl, typing furiously on her laptop. She looked like she needed the entertainment of a host club.

With confident steps, Felle approached the lone girl. “Hey, um…”

She looked up from her screen. “Hm?”

“This afternoon, visit the EXO club, okay?” Smooth Felle, she wanted to punch herself. “If you have time,” she added, seeing the bewildered look on the girl’s face.

“You’re a host?” she asked slowly, blinking.

Felle shifted her weight from one foot to another. “Sort of. A candidate member.”

Understanding dawned upon the girl’s face, her long black hair falling over her shoulders from the loose bun on her head as she nodded. “I’ll drop by this afternoon, then.” She smiled, “Good luck, candidate!”

Felle smiled back. “Thanks. I’ll be waiting then.”

As she walked back to where Kris sat, he looked at her with a smug smile.

“What?” she asked once she was near enough to have her voice heard without shouting.

His smile got even wider. “Got rejected, didn’t you?”

“Uh, no,” she answered as she took a seat next to him. “She said she’ll come around this afternoon.”

The smile was wiped off his face instantly, replaced by disbelief. “You’re joking?”

Felle shook her head. Was it really that hard to believe that she managed to rope in a customer?

Kris looked at her seriously. “She really said she’d come?”

“Yeah,” she answered irritably. “What’s the big deal?”

He pressed his lips into a thin line before answering, “That’s Dem, Kai’s ex girlfriend.”

Felle narrowed her eyes and tilted her head slightly. “What’s that got to do with anything?”

Kris’ left eye twitched. “It means we’re going to have a load of awkward when she comes this afternoon.”

Felle continues to stare silently.

“Kai and Dem… They just don’t get along like they used to, alright?” He explained slowly. Felle might look somewhat good, but boy she’s an idiot. The curse of the white boys it seems.

Felle crossed her arms. “So you want me to un-invite her?”

“What?” Kris blinked, “No! Don’t!”

She pursed her lips, waiting for a definite answer from him. Kris didn’t give her any, instead standing up and leaving the cafeteria, motioning for her to follow. Begrudgingly, Felle followed, her arms crossed in front of her chest in irritation.

“You really want to be a host?” he suddenly asked as they walked side by side.

“Yeah.” Felle nodded.

He suddenly turned around, a smile on his lips—the first nice gesture he’s ever done in front of Felle. “I give you three days of trial,” his smile slowly turned into a smirk, “Impress me.”

 

.

.

.

.

 

Kris had to admit, for someone who had the horrible sense to wear a tacky oversized sweater over the school’s tracksuit with flip flops, Felle really was a promising host. In just two hours he had already invited more than ten customers—that’s more than their individual customer quota. And he was only a candidate with no experience.

His tall stature and the fact that he’s white might be a huge factor behind his success, but even Kris knew that charm plays an important part in roping in customers. Looks will do you no good if you don’t know how to talk.

Upon returning to the EXO club’s room, Felle had claimed the couch at the far back of the room, lounging on it as if he owned the place. Kris supposed he could let it slide, he had done everything he was told to do.

“Hey,” Suho greeted, looking up from the stack of books in front of him.

Kris waved back.

“Made peace with the new guy already?” he asked expectantly.

Kris made his way over to the younger leader, a small smile on his lips. “Yeah, he’s a promising candidate.”

Suho raised an eyebrow, “What? You haven’t approved of Felle, yet?”

He shook his head. “I’ve got to test him properly first. See if he’s host material.”

Suho only nodded in understanding.

“His name’s a real problem though,” Kris suddenly said, crossing his arms.

“Why?” the younger of the two asked, puzzled.

Kris raised an eyebrow, “It’s a girl’s name. How do you think people are going to react when they find out?”

Suho shrugged. “It’s he—his,” he quickly corrected himself, “Name.”

The elder made a face, and Suho could only sigh at his antics. So much for being older than him. “Can’t we give him a nickname or something? Like Kai and Chen or something,” Kris was almost whining, lips set into a frown.

“I like my name just fine, thanks,” Felle suddenly called out, waving a hand up in the air. She was sprawled on her back on the couch, an arm over her face.

“You don’t have a say,” Kris shot back, trying to hide his surprise. He knew Felle was in the room, but he didn’t think he’d be listening—the guy had been showing no interest in anything except being approved.

“It’s my name, of course I have a say,” Felle replied, like it was the most obvious thing in the world—in which it was, really.

Luckily, Suho decided to intervene before things take a turn for the worse. It was amazing that the two had returned in one piece, to wish that they miraculously returned with a peaceful relationship was too much.

“Have you had lunch yet?” He asked the two tall blonds.

“Not yet!” Felle answered, waving her hand in the air.

Kris sighed, accepting defeat. “Pizza sounds good right about now, actually.”

“I agree!” The other blonde added in. “Cheese pizza with extra cheese!”

“Uh, no,” Kris quickly rejected the idea, his tone condescending. “Pepperoni, obviously.”

The shortest of the three could only smile thinly. It was hard enough to deal with Kris when he’s moody, but with Felle around, he’s not just moody—he’s volatile. Suho was starting to rethink the pros and cons of having the girl join the EXO club.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 3/END

7/5/14

 


 

Author's Note:

Thank you so much for all the subscribes!