Im Not A Meddler

Tales of Lovers [Of Eros And Orpheus]

Forgive me i dont even know why it turns out like this.

Unbeta-ed.

-:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:-

 

Sehun squints his eyes together, making sure that his weariness does not effect in him seeing things that is not happening for real. It has been only a while ago since the clock midnight, and he sincerely used to stay up later than this. Or maybe he’s just too tired today, with all the extra efforts he has to channel through since 6 in the morning on the previous day; because the performance stage is tomorrow night (which make it today since it’s already 20 past 12 in the morning) and he wants everything to be perfect.

But despite all the fatigue, he really does not expect that he’ll be hallucinating this; Yixing at a corner of the empty hallway, running his tongue along Jongdae’s earlobe with his back presses on the wall behind him. Jongdae has his head tilt to the side, and Yixing seems to be caressing that skin gently, slowly.

No.

He must be hallucinating.

“Hyung?”

Thus, his final decision is. He decides to go out from behind the corner; because he wants to clear his mind up, and steps forward as Yixing leans back, face looks nothing extraordinary with not a trace of surprise at all.

“Sehunnie!”

Jongdae’s voice chirps, and Sehun may have got mistaken this as well but he sounds so alive?

“Hyung what are you doing?”

“Maknae, where have you been? They’re all ready to call it a wrap. Come on, we need to go back and have a rest!”

 “Oh.”

Sehun is too tired anyway, and he brushes everything off when Jongdae pulls his and Yixing’s arms in his tiny hands and march into their practice room to gather with everyone else. 

 

-:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:-

 

It’s not until the encore stage of the joint performance only the same thing hits Sehun right on his head again.

He unintentionally directs his eyes to the side wing of the stage, noticing how Chanyeol playfully throwing punches on Jongdae’s back. He always anticipates watching the scene; where it involves a particular tall guy and a much shorter one, when the playful smacks would turn into a defensive punches, that kind of skinships that would result in both of them running across the stage to avoid some incoming bruises, where at the end it’s often Chanyeol who has always been the smarter one to give up; because Jongdae never takes any of his playful blows to be wasted without one hell of a torturing payback.

However, it’s totally a different story that’s happening tonight.

He watches as Jongdae turns his small body back, expecting him to throw a fit, but instead, Jongdae simply stretches his hand, and gives a small pet before ruffling Chanyeol’s hardly styled hair (with a little bit of awkwardness because that little hyung has to tiptoe so that he can reach the other man’s head).  

Sehun watches while Jongdae skitters over to the side and hops off to the back, leaving all the commotion in front; of roaring excitement from his other members after Junmyeon (with so much forces and scrunched up face) manage to carry Zitao on his behind; he witnesses it all when Jongdae flings backward, before Yixing suddenly appears from nowhere on his side, warmly looping an arm on Jongdae’s small waist, tugging the small body closer to his and slanting his upper frame closer.

Sehun widen his eyes on the next second.

Jongdae flinches as a result of Yixing breathing warm air into his ear, but that’s clearly not stopping him from pursing his lips to nip and peppers light kisses on the outer shell of the younger’s ear.

Sehun stops starring. Because his breath is hitching faster on his throat and he doesn’t want anyone; any of the other artists or his seniors standing on the same stage, any of their fans, not even his own members, to notice his frantic condition like this.

But his mind is not listening, since he finds himself silently looking at the same direction again, where now he can see Yixing swirling his tongue discreetly over the skin behind Jongdae’s ear, hand that was silently resting on Jongdae’s waist before, is starting to travel lower;

Sehun does not plainly miss the part where Yixing gives that fine a squeeze. He connotes that perhaps, it's just a friendly gesture, but Yixing cautiously repeating his action again until they leave the stage.

And he thinks that the groping just gets a little wilder. 

 

-:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:-

 

Also, he remembers that one night when Zitao comes up at him very late, surprises to find Zitao is using a Korean word that Sehun has taught him before to curse at something.

“I swear those two are unbelievable. I asked them to wait for me outside the bathroom and they disappeared!”

“What are you talking about?”

Sehun doesn’t take everything tad a bit seriously at first, for Zitao is always complaining in almost everything. But when he hears the names escape from Zitao’s lips, does he sit back and give his full attention to.

“I’m a bit scared because the light in the kitchen has been turned off, and what if someone came out from the darkness to strangle me? So I called out their name and they did not even answer me!”

He wants to slap Zitao up for his long dramatic pauses, but Sehun is a nice guy, so he waits.

“When I walked pass the kitchen I heard a muffle sound. My heart thumped faster and for a second I really thought that I’m going to die in there!”

Zitao stops again, making his way to Sehun’s bed while he grabs the pillow on the younger’s lap. He bites his lips. Reminds him why Huang Zitao is such bad story teller again? Much because the kid tends to take a long turns and junctions to reach to his destination, and Sehun can’t wait any longer.

“The kitchen was dark, but there was a light coming from the inside of the widely opened refrigerator. And guess what? I saw Jongdae hyung sitting on Yixing ge’s thigh, lapping at Yixing ge’s chest. They said that Jongdae hyung has accidentally spilt the orange juice on Yixing ge’s chest. Ughh, but why on earth didn’t they switch on the light first so they could clean up in a much easy and ordinary way. Like normal people do?”

Sehun keeps silent.

 

-:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:-

 

It’s not the part where Yixing casually shows off his affection. No. That’s not it. Because Yixing literally does skinships with everyone.

Sehun knows every time Minseok shrieks inside their dorm, their practice room, even in the dressing room that Yixing has found a way to land his lips on any exposed skin on Minseok’s quivering little form.

He can count how many times already; Yixing lets out his painful wails as he rubs on his sore shin, after Luhan uses his full energy to stop him from leaving wet traces of saliva after on his ears.

He watches it every single time Yifan cringes when Yixing gives him that odd pout at his direction, because that same mouth before had naughtily brush off its way on Yifan’s neck for quite some times.

He remembers now that Junmyeon has begun to co-operate with Yixing sudden weird of fondness that he keeps still when Yixing places a small pack on his temple.

He witness it whenever Chanyeol gangs up with Baekhyun and Jongin to tackle Yixing to the ground and molest the Chinese man on his sensitive neck; because they have promised to protect each other’s modesty form being harassed by Yixing’s lips. (Sehun remembers too, how he laughs very hard when they made him as their witness after being a kind dongsaeng he is, helping Yixing away from their holds.)

And he would never forget that time when Kyungsoo refuses to eat for three days in a row, and he keeps on shooting his icy gaze at Yixing’s direction before Yixing promises to not ever dare to come near him and touch his lips directly on Kyungsoo’s lips again.

Or when Zitao comes up at him and buries his face on Sehun’s shoulder, body trembling and Sehun doesn’t even has time to interpret anything the moment Zitao claims his lips with his own, everything is happening so fast, he finds his lips moulding back into Zitao’s thin one. Only be able to let go of his voice when his breathing turns calmer than before, Zitao huskily squeaks, “Yixing ge has tainted my lips, and I feel like chopping his mouth off!”

Also various other times when Yixing does exactly the same things he does to the others, on himself, that he already gets used to it and merely shrugs it off as he is too lazy to try to stop him anyway. (He personally refuses to talk about the pepero kiss they share that still makes him wince.)

 

But that’s the thing about Yixing. He has just realized it now, and the matter is messing up with his head. That Yixing does skinship with everyone;

But not Jongdae.

At least, not in front of the world to see, for that matter. He can’t recall any memories from his brain, seeing Yixing playfully teasing Jongdae with his weird antic of his. He can’t remember Jongdae whining around about Yixing doing things to him, like he always does at any time Baekhyun clings onto his side and nuzzling onto his neck. Either he certainly can’t commemorate any members counting loudly on how many times Jongdae has become a victim to Yixing’s random nature.

And what makes him really determine to dig the matter is, that both of them look very comfortable being in that scandalous state.

Yes.

Sehun is 100 per cent sure now that Yixing never touches Jongdae the way he does to everybody else. 

 

-:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:-

 

So he makes his decision to confront Jongdae. Because he really needs to clarify the matter. He looks like an annoying meddler right then, but he doesn’t care.

“Jongdae hyung?”

Jongdae looks up from his phone, eyes crinkling and the bright smile appears from his lovely curled up lips. Sehun shifts closer, smoothly placing his head on Jongdae’s lap on the couch, as the older’s fingers find his way to caress his hair. It’s a very common thing to be pampered by Jongdae.

“What’s the matter?”

Jongdae has his head angles downward, to glue his eyes with a pair of Sehun’s sleepy one.

“You and Yixing hyung. Are you guys together?”

Well, Sehun certainly does not expect him to shove his head off and hold his stomach, laughing quite aloud with his eyes disappear into thin lines. Sehun wrinkles his nose, patiently waiting for that noisy laughs to die first.

“That’s really the strangest thing to ask, Oh Sehun!”

Sehun sees that Jongdae vaguely shakes his head to the sides, a tinge of red visible on his ears, and he still tries to control his laugh.

“Why were you asking such question Maknae. Do you need my tips and help to be together with Zitao?”

 

 

“Lay…”

Sehun thinks maybe he can directly divert the question to Yixing. After all, as compared to Jongdae, Yixing is a bit more open and dense? Yixing massages the back of Sehun’s neck when he comes closer, pinching hard at the skin until Sehun lets out a yelp of pain to stop him.

“Where’s the ‘hyung’ you brat?”

Sehun snickers. 

“Lay hyung I want to ask something.”

“Okay. Go on. But since when do you ask for something…?”

“What do you think of Jongdae hyung?”

Sehun spots a glint of blazzing lights in Yixing’s eyes. Aware that Yixing is slowly biting his bottom lip, and catches a slight smirk forming on Yixing’s lips as he stands and starts to walk away straight to his shared bedroom. Still, Sehun hears Yixing's sentence anyway.

“Jongdae is funky.”

 

-:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:--:¦:-

 

The bottom of it, he’s not really sure why does he really care. Or why he’s truly putting such an attempt to know what’s going on between Yixing and Jongdae. But starting from that moment, he never fails to discover himself being there; as a disturbing dongsaeng, quietly butts in wherever and whenever he sees both Yixing and Jongdae are approaching one another.

The result is not very disappointing for his liking, and he’s actually very pleased.  

 

With Yixing buries his nose on Jongdae’s shoulder, when everyone gets ready in their formation for their intro dance; nuzzling gently on every inch of Jongdae’s skin that is not covered by that baggy sweater.

With Jongdae plants some small fluttering pecks on Yixing’s clavicle when he thinks that nobody is looking.

With Yixing very subtly, runs up his hand inside the back of Jongdae’s shirt after everyone in the practice room collapse to the floor, feeling exhausted for hours of practice and hard works.

With Jongdae merrily Yixing’s thigh, before everyone gets up to go back to their dorm as their vans arrive.

Sehun captures ever single things happening with his own eyes, and that’s actually brings him to wonder if there’s really no one else has caught them together. 

 

Plus, he doesn’t even try to cover the fact with his hallucinating theory anymore.

Because he unwittingly sees them making out in the kitchen at 3 am in the morning. He’s not sleepy nor does he tired, and the moonlight that showers the place is giving him a clear and bright view of Jongdae wrapping his legs around Yixing’s torso who’s busy nibbling on Jongdae’s angled jawline and his left hand disappears somewhere inside Jongdae’s pants.

Also, his Jongdae hyung is not really good in controlling his voice in a time like that. Thank goodness for that natural high-pitched tone.

 

Again, Sehun’s starting to get lucky to hear that mix of whimpering and slapping sounds from behind the closed door of the bathroom. He clicks his tongue at first when he thought he’s had enough with Baekhyun and Chanyeol violating his ears at every single place possible; that when he’s about to bang the door so that they can finish off faster, he freezes immediately. It’s a mistake, because he swears instead of the usual sounds, he hears a faint ‘Yixing’ and ‘Jongdae’ being muttered inside. More than that, he is very well verse in recognizing his own members' voices.

So he leaves the door and waits patiently until whomever inside can take their time and finish their business with relish. 

 

And as he’s becoming more sensitive and observant than before, he notices that neither Yixing nor Jongdae can really keep their eyes off each other.

 

He catches it for a few times now;

The way Yixing’s eyes are looking at Jongdae’s frame while he dances through the mirrors in their practice room.

The way Jongdae’s eyes stick to Yixing’s figure as his body sways along with the music that blasting through the air.

The way their eyes would meet even though they are standing far across from each other inside the room.

The way their gazes bring little smiles on both of their faces, but nevertheless, the smile look so content and really cheery.

 

It’s not the obvious touchy attachment and affection type like Chanyeol and Baekhyun always proud of showing off to each one of them. It’s a fleeting type that is rarely can be seen unless you’re observing it with a microscope under your nose. Unless you’re really passionate to study them patiently like Oh Sehun does.

It’s the type that makes he, proud and willingly turns himself into their guardian, a keeper, a protector to make sure that he can always see the love dancing across their eyes.

Sehun may or may not be denying this;

But perhaps, he becomes what their fans love to do;

He becomes a shipper.

His own Yixing and Jongdae hyung’s fanatic shipper.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

and please please watch this, this chapter came up partly after I've watched this,

EXO LUCKY CHEN LAY @ The Lost Planet Concert In Seoul

 

Sorry for the late update, and thank you for still reading this (: