Chapter 4

Baby-sitter

"Yah!" Mr.Kris shouted as he walked hin, or well stomped in a way. We all averted eyes from the screen and to him. He had his phone tightly in his grip. I don't know if he was shocked, furious, or sorrowful. He had an expression that was so... I don't know, mixed i suppose, that it was difficult. I held onto my pack with a firm grip, as I hid behind Tao's leg. Though it was quite easy to spot me i suppose, because Mr.Kris came up to me. He was tapping his foot on the ground and his grip on his phone never loosened. "Get up, grab your things, I'm taking you to our practice room," He said coldly. I got up with my pack at hand in a quick jerk. "Why?" I asked as i stood infront of him awkwardly. "Because I said so; now wait by the door," He replied, still with the same bitter attitude. "Just tell me why. I would like to know-" He glared daggers in my confidence and persistence as I tried to continue. "The door, now Jaryn!" He said strictly, which made me flinch as a drop of his  spit landed on my cheek.

I cringed and I flicked the spittle off. "Did you not hear me? If you make me repeat myself-" He started to scold me, with his tone becoming more cruel and louder, Chanyeol coughed awkwardly making him stop. I gulped as I walked towards the door, passing Chanyeol I gave him a sympathetic smile. He smiled slightly, but looked at Kris......

There was a short silence before Mr.Kris sighed, "Jaryn go outside into the lobby." A bit scared I glanced at the door and back at him. "B-but I-" I began before he glared at me again. "Now." "What if there's-" "Jaryn I said now!" I gulped and nodded my head vigorously, as I placed my hand on the door knob. Seconds passed by so long I was sure he was going to scold me again. I could feel the tension, but I didn't like it. So I quickly opened the door and slammed it behind me.

I glanced widely along the hallways. Empty. I sighed to myself mentally and hastily ran to the elevator. Waiting unpatiently for the elevator door to close, I fidgeted as the click of the A/C indicated it . The doors slammed shut seconds later and a cool breeze ran down my neck causing me to shiver a bit. I tried to smile to myself as the elevator went down too slow. Well, normal speed I suppose, but my thoughts - er no, my outcome of Mr.Kris taking me to SM ment. I'm going home. 

When the doors finally opened I found myself in the lobby. It was a nice shade of light greens and pale greys. The glass walls let the sunlight, or as much the bulding could get of sunlight, pour through. It was cloudy. Perhaps even damp if I'm lucky. I loved the cold weather. The grey mist- 

I jumped slightly as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see two employees. A man who ruffly looked around 30, and a woman who looked around her mid twenties. Their outfits were simple white collared shirt with black jeans. May not necessarily seem like an employee's uniform, but their name tags state other wise. They both gave me kind smiles, and I gladly returned them. "How are you miss?" The lady asked in a very nice and clear English. "Oh I'm fine, thank you! How about you two? My, your English is quite exquisite miss," I replied cheerfully. She looked at me, her cheeks sligthly red. "Why thank you, not many in this complex speak English, so it's nice to have a conversation once in a while before I become rusty. We're fine. Just on our way to our lunch break," She said grinning. 

"Oh that's nice. I know at least one person in this complex does indeed speak English, quite fluently as well. Besides you and myself of course.  He's my care-taker for my stay here I suppose, does your friend speak English as well?" I said, really enjoying the conversation. "Yes I do," He answered in a deep voice, "Where's your care-taker? Not to be nosey, but you seem quite young to be left by yourself. If you were heading somewhere sorry in advanced. My sister is just so eager to talk to foreigners since we moved here."

I chuckled slightly as she glared at him with bright red cheeks. "Oh he's talking to a few friends of his in their dorm. He told me to wait here. It's quite alright, I enjoy the shock of the conversation." They looked at me and smiled, there was a slight like-ness by their nose and cheeks. "Oh that's good, as long as you're not by yourself. Now we better go or else we won't be able to eat lunch. Nice to talk to you, hope we see you around sometime, bye!" The lady replied gleefully as they waved good-bye. "Agreed, bye!" I said loudly as they walked out. I sighed with a slight smile as I realized I was standing right in the middle of the loby.

"Jaryn," Kris said in a loud voice, catching my attention. "Y-yes?" I asked shaken. "Let's go," He said as I saw Chanyeol, Tao, and SuHo behind him. I tried not to grin, but my lack of attention sort of gave it away I wasn't, well paying attention. He glanced at them and looked back at me. "Oh, these guys insisted on coming, but you're sitting upfront with me." He replied quite balndly, but there was a hint of annoyance. I nodded, but my smile was glued on. He started to walk outside to the garage as I stayed in the back with Chanyeol. I looked at him and smiled. "Thank you oppa," I said silently so Mr.Kris wouldn't hear. he smiled back and patted my head. Nearly to the entrance of the garabe, Kris stopped, and looked back. I was next to Chanyeol, and when he started to glare I hid slightly behind Chanyeol oppa, but didn't try to make it obvious. "Jaryn, with me," he said and I scampered to him.

The garage's door flung open to see a grey van with the doors open already there. You could have probably seen the annoyance in Kris' eyes. Xiumin and LuHan where in the front seat as the rest here already crammed in the back. He bursted out nearly shouting at the members, but Xiumin was just there looking at him. I didn't know what they were saying, but I couldn't help but smile. Dorks, but love-able. My people.

Kris, who seemed defeated look at me and shrugged." Get in. You're in the back with Chanyeol, SuHo, and Baekhyun. Now let's go!" He grumbled as I crammed myself in the back. It was nearly the size of a mini bus, but honeslty I could careless. This might sound stupid, but I'm a fangirl at heart: I wished so deeply it was Xiumin's idea for this.

The ride was mainly me being squished between twenty-something year old men, or man children, as music played and Xiumin drove down the bust streets of Seoul. Kris was silent the entire time as he stared at the black screen of his phone: Tao, SeHun, and Chen played rock paper scissors: Xiumin and LuHan argued a bit for what seemed like the radio: KyungSoo, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Kai danced and sang to the random playlist of songs acting quite drunk: Lay slept peacefully: and as for me? I was trying not to burt out with laughter at each one of them. Then the van jerked to a stop.

I looked at the building, SM all right. Green and everything. So this is it huh? Where are the stars are made. Well the most well-known sadly. Where the training begins and ends, debuts and last preformances are- Geez, you sound like you beling in a fanfic Ryn. Let's stick to the main point of why we are here..... What is that?

I stopped my stupid thinking as Chanyeol and KyungSoo walked me in behind Kris. The rest following in like a clump. Honestly they should make the hall a bit bigger if they want EXO to stay still in one spot. "Kris!" A middle 30-40 year old man shouted as he ran up to him. They had a small conversation that ended up with Mr.Kris gesturing to me. Kris looked at me with a look of annoyance and the man gave me a small smile. "Kaja," He said simply. I looked at Kris who rolled his eyes, "Let's go." I nodded as I began to follow them into a room. I glanced back before Kris closed the doors. Thank you Chanyeol oppa for the thumbs up!

There were six people there. 5 men and 1 woman. They all looked at me, I stood frozen, then Kris quickly whispered, "Greet them." My eyes windened as I propably gave the most stupid look known to Earth. "Ahnyeonghasaeyo, joneun Jaryn imnida. Mannaseo bangawoyo!*Hello my name is Jaryn. Nice to meet you!*" I said with a full bow. They looked at each other with I hope was a small smirk of satisfactory. I smiled in the corner of my mouth as I was motioned to sit down. They looked at Kris and began to have a discussion. I, clueless in what they were saying sat there patiently trying to listen. Somewhere in the conversation I heard him sigh as he glanced at me giving me a sympathetic look. I'm going back home.

"Jaryn," He said. I widened my eyes slightly and turned to him with a soft smile. "Will you try your best to learn Korean and possibly Manderian," he said in a serious tone. "Neh," I replied. "Will you understand that being an Idol i cannot always attend a majority of your schooling. You must attend yourself and be your best."

"Neh," I replied, trying not to give him a look of where this is going.

"Will you not bring friends over to the dorm unless SM trainees that i have aproved of visiting and will not disturb EXO in any matter." he said with a small sigh.

"N-neh," I replied.

"Will you stay and live by the rules of EXO, mine, and SM," He continued.

"Neh," i said.

"Good," the lady said with a smile. I looked at them grinning wide. "Now, Kris go get her uniform for school. You will be entering 7th grade won't you know dear?" She said in a nearly thick British accent. I looked at him wide eyes, smiling wide from ear to ear. "Okay, thank you." He said with a grateful tone. We both stood up and stopped at the door. I stopped and bowed at them "Thank you! Thank you very much!" I gleamed. They nodded as we walked off.

~*~

"Rynnie!~" Chanyeol cheered as we walked out. I giggled as we ran up to them. They all looked to Kirs, anxious in way. Well most.- no the ones who took the quickest liking to me. So three out of 11? Chanyeol, Tao, and SuHo. Better than nothing at least. I think the best part was that the others seemed to at least seemed to be not as disappointed as I thought when Kris said I'm staying. Thank you Tao for telling me. 

"So where do we go now?" I asked Kris as we all walked back into the parking lot. "Uniforms," he said quite blandly. "You don't seem that happy," I said. He looked at me with a sneer. "Why would i be happy?" "You could have left me and sent me back to America, don't act like you didn't try to keep me here," I said trying my best to sound "smart mouthed". "Well, if I sent you back i would have the guilt of sending a poor little girl back to the states without any supervision. besides you know where EXO lives. How would I know you wouldn't contact the sasaengs?" He said was we walked into the car. "Re-location is really simple Mr.Kris, don't act like you don't know that. Besides who are you to judge on how much money i make using the adjective 'poor'. Quite disappointing Mr.Kris. Along to the fact i could have cared less if you sent me home. I want to know why i'm here," I said lastly before being smushed by Luhan and KyungSoo.

Tao pulled out of the lot as we went down the many streets. Chen pulled out his phone and handed it to me.

"Hi Ryn, where are we heading?"-Chen

"We're going to get my school uniform. That's what your manager told me at least."-Ryn

"Oh! Do you know which school? How about what the outfit looks like?"-LuHan

"When did you start to care what she wears? She came here yesterday." -Chen

"Calm down, you wouldn't want to argue infront of a child don't you? Someone who is still clear minded and can be easily manipulated by social graces around her. No LuHan sunbae, I do not have a clue what my school is and what the uniforms look like."-Ryn

"Clear minded my ." -SeHun

Luhan's draw dropped as he read it off my shoulder. "Yah! SeHun!" he nearly screached laughing.

"I'm going to ask Mr.Kris"- Ryn

"Uh, Mr.Kris?" I asked in a slightly loud voice before he dozed off. He glared at me a bit, but sighed, "What is it Jaryn?" "What school am I going to?" I asked, trying to hide my excitement.

Honestly I have been waiting for this moment since forever. Well, the year before, but that's not that. I was really excited to be able to attened a school in South Korea.

"YoonChwe Middle School," He replied a bit flatly, "LuHan asked?" I nearly chocked on my own spit at that moment. "Y-yes," I replied. He nodded his head as he turned away to the window. "How'd you know?" I sputtered.

"Leave him alone on that. He thinks because you are in EXO's care we are your parents or something. I don't know, I basicly thinks he's just a bit overwhelmed with having a child in our dorms. Or maybe excited he can treat you like a little sister. Or the uniform might be too revealing, some members have a really bad attitude towards that. Now that you are in our care-" His voice trailed off as he smirked at my gawking at him.

"Calm down, those are the reasons of course. You'll get used to it. I know only Minseok has a little sister, so everyone's a bit worried. Calm yourself, there's alot of saftey precautions with you rooming with us," He chuckled, but he didn't meet my eyes. I cleared my throught a bit and chuckled, "Yeah I guess, thank you!"

I leaned back in my seat too see LuHan giving SeHun soft glares and the maknae shrugging as if to say "Well it's true", more than likely it was.

KyungSoo turned my attention to the screen in his hands.

"So what school?"- KyungSoo

"YoonChwe, have an idea where that is KyungSoo sunbae?"- Ryn

"That's out from the subway station by SM, we can probably drop you off there when we go to practice. Oh, this means EXO-M will be with us for a little whiles. Or they'll fly everywhere at once."- SuHo

I looked up to see everyone quite interested by Chen's "floating" phone.  Well for the exception of Tao who was driving and Kris who just got upfront from god knows when. I wasn't necessarily paying attention.

"That's like a 40 minute drive from the practice room and a 20 minute subway ride! I swear, what was Kris hyung thinking sending you to a school so far away?"- KyungSoo

"I don't know,"-Ryn

I looked up at Baekhyun who seemed ignoring us all now and staring up front. "Tao sunbae, can we put on music please?" I asked as he slowly made a turn. "Sure Ryn, have any prefrence?" He asked, but Kris growled under his breath and shot in a CD.

A mixture of Chris Brown, dub-step, and a few popular kpop songs played. BigBang, SNSD, etc.

Now the reactions of the dorks.

Baekhyun, LuHan, and Chen singing their hearts out.

Chanyeol, SeHun, and Tao rapping

Kris scolding Tao for not paying attention

KyungSoo and Kai talking about practice... I think.

Xiumin and SuHo reading something off of his phone.

Lay, sleeping. Car sick I think. Poor baby.

Then there's me, not knowing what to do with myself.

I could sleep, but I'm between LuHan and KyungSoo sunbae, and I don't want to take the risk of my laying my head on either of their shoulders. I barely got approved of being EXO's "little sister".

I couldn't look out of the window because it was hard to see with Lay sleeping against it and Kai at the other.

 

I know mianhae!