University already

A smack of love

Yoochun raced across the University campus. He was in a real hurry and wearing a huge happy smile on his face. He was so happy he was almost laughing and jumping for joy but he couldn’t, he had no time to lose. Junsu was waiting for him. His boyfriend had been away visiting family. One long everlasting weekend. Two entire days. More than 48 hours. Actually, 64 hours in total but who was counting?

Last night, when they spoke on the phone, he had to bite his own tongue to not pull a tantrum and keep his “I miss you” to just one at the start and another at the end of the phone call. What kept him sane was that every time he managed to get Junsu on the phone (just one lousy time per day), his boyfriend sounded so happy, all cheerful and laughing at what his little cousins were doing that Yoochun just couldn’t stop himself from laughing with him.

When Yoochun reached the football field, he scanned the bleachers for their usual spot. There he is. Yoochun’s entire posture changed immediately just as he caught sight of his boyfriend. Suddenly he was looking calm and relaxed, a cocky smile on the corner of his lips.

-Junsu!

Junsu heard Yoochun calling him and stoop up to happily wave at his boyfriend. A few eyes stared at him, both guys and girls, much to Yoochun’s annoyance. However, Junsu was noticing none of those stares and had eyes only for him. He figured he could pretend he didn’t saw people coveting his boyfriend; otherwise, he would spend all morning punching people and he had much better things to do. Besides, Junsu’s smiling face was making him, as always, feel like his heart was cosy and warm in front of a fireplace. Yoochun forced himself to walk up the steps at a normal speed but the second Junsu was in his reach, he just grabbed him and pulled him in for a desperate greedy needy kiss. A much awaited kiss.

-Well, hello to you too. – Grumped Changmin.

-Oh, come on, Min. You should be used to that by now. – Laughed Eric.

-I am. But it’s still bloody rude. And besides, does the greasy ert ever consider Junsu might actually need to breathe? Get a room, you two!

Junsu sighed against Yoochun’s lips, his face beet red. However, he knew that he had no chance in hell of getting Yoochun to let him go for a good few minutes. He just wished that, at least, there were no hands on his . But this was Yoochun, and both of his hands were on Junsu’s jeans pockets, shamelessly feeling him up, their groins glued together and they were still standing up on the middle of the damn bleachers. Someone whistled at them. That was it. Junsu pulled Yoochun’s hair and bite on his lower lip. That didn’t stop the man but it did make him sit down with Junsu on his lap.

-Do you ever wonder how Junsu puts up with him? – Asked Changmin.

-They look adorable together.

-You don’t share a room with Yoochun. I do. There are plenty of days when I just pity Junsu.

Eric laughed and returned his attention to the game. Their university sports field was also used regularly by the two neighbour universities who were playing right now. Just before the end of the first part, Yoochun’s voice was finally heard.

-Uau! Check out those drool worthy long legs!

-Greasy ert! – Yelled Changmin.

Junsu rolled his eyes and sighed. Yoochun would be Yoochun. And Changmin would always use any chance to bicker with the man. Altough, Junsu noticed, to his amusement, that Changmin was eagerly trying to figure out which player Yoochun had referred to. Yoochun noticed his friend’s searching eyes as well and pointed with a teasing smile.

-There. Number 7. The t-shirt says Jung. I actually think he’s taller than you.

Changmin huffed, while he surreptitiously eyed the player up and down, internally conceding that Yoochun had good taste.

-Nope. I passed near the players on that team when they were getting off the bus. I can assure you I am taller than that Jung guy. Although I guess he’s not a bad player for a future architect.

When the whistle finally marked the end of the first part, they went to get snacks. As always, everyone helped to carry stuff for Changmin. Even if he was the youngest, he had perfected a way of being indulged by the other guys or he just simply ordered them around. Both ways were usually very effective. It amused the tall guy that he had somewhat become the leader of their little group since they met at the Taekwondo club at high school. Back on their favourite spots, everyone stared in surprise at hearing Changmin grumping with a hot dog on his mouth. He never grumped on food.

-What? I’m just mumbling about that lucky bastard down there by the cherry tree. I wish I was there to see the day his luck runs out.

-The dark haired guy who’s with the very pretty red head and the stunning blond girl? Well, considering the blond one is staring at him with absolute adoration and the other is looking very jealous of the two, yep, I’d say he’s one lucky guy. But I am much luckier. – Said Yoochun as he pulled Junsu into his lap.

-That is not jealousy. And that is not a girl. That’s one very pissed off guy that really doesn’t like the black haired guy. Maybe he likes the blond girl? – Asked Junsu.

-A guy? No way!

-How can that be a guy?

Both Changmin and Yoochun turned to look better at the red head, rubbing their eyes and mouth wide open realising that Junsu was right. Then the blond twisted the head to get the long hair off his shoulders, before removing the jacket, revealing a tiny waist and a pair of surprisingly muscled arms.

-Oh, ! That’s a guy as well! – Swore Yoochun.

Eric finally paid attention to who they were talking about and laughed loudly as he looked at the three men under the cherry tree.

-Ah, those three. The pissed off one is Heechul, The Legend. The very pretty one is Jaejoong and even straight guys are after him. The lucky bastard is Hyun Joong and, even if officially he is single, everyone knows he’s tapping that cause he makes a point of showing off that he got the prettiest face on campus.

Changmin grumbled again. They ignored him. Yoochun asked Eric why Heechul was called legend.

-Cause even though he looks like a perfect bottom, I mean… Even I think those two are prettier than girls and I’m straight. Well, anyway, you won’t find many guys bragging that they tapped that. Any guy wanting a piece of Heechul has to bottom for him until he can be allowed to top.

-Really? Good for him. More power to the guy. – Chuckled Yoochun.

Changmin continued to grumble unintelligently. They ignored him again, their attention on the three men. Well, to be fair, Yoochun only had half attention, he never really paid full attention to anything when he had an arm full of Junsu. Yoochun was calmer now that his boyfriend was near him, he was even very proud of being able to keep his hands only on the man’s waist and mid-thigh. He stole a loving glance at Junsu’s face and sighed a little, remembering how much he had missed him even if he had been away for only a weekend. Next to him, Changmin grumbled yet again, finally getting on his nerves. Yoochun punched the tall guy.

-Ok, that’s enough! What is it?

-I bet that lucky bastard with the blond one is straight as a ruler. Maybe that’s why the red head hates his guts. I’ve see him more than one time inside the gardener’s shed, balls deep inside some random girl, looking like he’s having the best time of his life. I’m sorry for the blond guy who obviously thinks he’s dating him, but I guess it’s like Eric said: the bastard just wanted to nail the prettiest face in school.

-How come no one tells the blond guy? It’s not fair. I mean, just look at him. He obviously likes the guy even with his friend opposing it. – Asks Junsu.

-We should tell the pissed off one. He’ll kill the bastard in two seconds. – Said Yoochun.

By the time the whistle for second half sounded, there were only the red head and the blond one under the tree. The dark haired guy finally left, apparently tired of the furious glances he was receiving. When the players entered the field, the group of friends on the bleachers focused their attention back on the game.

At some point, the ball got kicked near the cherry tree. It was player number 7 from the architect class team who went to get it. The tall guy froze staring at the two young men under the tree. Even from a distance it was possible to understand what was happening. The football player seemed to be asking the blond guy out, the red head friend encouraging him to accept but the invitation was declined. Even when the invitation was repeated. A rather awestruck player returned slowly to the field, stealing a few glances back. He kept looking until the two friends left their spot under the tree, or better, until the blond guy left with his friend trailing behind him and yelling in his ear, frustrated with the guy’s choice. The player sighed and returned his full attention back to the game.

-Well… that ! Why the blond guy didn’t just accept going out with the player? He looked interested too. Isn’t he pretending to be single? Then that means that technically he’s just a booty call. – Grumbled Changmin.

-Min, he obviously think he’s in a relationship and he’s honouring that. – Said Junsu.

-The guy is being stupid, that’s what. Next time I catch that lucky bastard in the gardener’s shed again, I’m going to call an audience on him. That will take care of his luck.

They had lunch at a café near the campus, sitting outside just enjoying the good weather. Donghae joined them with his girlfriend and soon after Eric's girlfriend arrived too. The merry group laughed and joked around. Much of the banter was between Yoochun and Changmin who had a bickering type of friendship, the competitive streak in both their personalities always present, not just during taekwondo. The group had been having a conversation about relationships, brought on by what they had witnessed during the game. Yoochun, however, had soon lost interest in favour of enjoying Junsu’s company. The attention soon became more than soft pecks and ended up becoming hungry kisses.

-Yoochun! We’re trying to have lunch here. Stop eating Junsu! He’s not on the menu. – Yelled Changmin, annoyed at his friend usual display of lack of propriety.

Yoochun eased the kisses, giving himself and Junsu time to recover a little. He smiled shamelessly at his boyfriend’s flushed face, giving him a loud peck on his forehead and the tip of his nose, before turning to face a fuming Changmin.

-Ohhhhh, you’re just jealous cause you haven’t got a boyfriend.

-Who says I like men?

-Whatever, Mr. Very-eager-to-find-the-guy-whose-legs-I-complimented. But you don’t have a girlfriend either. Which reminds me. What the hell where you doing anywhere near the gardener’s shed? That’s the most sought after make out spot on campus. Are you some voyeur? You do know exists right? You don’t have to go spy on people.

-Humpf. Wouldn’t you like to know… - Teased Changmin with a smirk and a lift of an eyebrow.

-Nah! I’ve got a love life. You get your own. About time you start working on it, though. I know you’re the youngest but even Donghae here has a girlfriend and no one has ever seen you with anyone.

-Oh, shut up!

-Do you know you always curse at me when you don’t have a proper comeback?

-Enough, you two. You are giving me a headache. – Complained Junsu.

Yoochun immediately turned his complete attention back to his boyfriend and started to cuddle him. Junsu continued to glare at Yoochun for about five seconds before he sighed and snuggled closer. No matter how much he tried, Junsu could never really remain angry with his boyfriend for too long. He just found the man too adorable even if he could be irritating.

Donghae asked Eric to tell them more gossip about the guy that Changmin called a lucky bastard. Eric added all the rumour details he had heard. Like how, for example, the blond guy dating the lucky bastard apparently used to be more of a top before or how the blond had become more and more girly since he was dating him.

-That’s cause that lucky bastard is a straight dude. – Grumbled Changmin. – He’s just scoring the prettiest one in campus, regardless of gender. He must be the one messing with the blond guy's head trying to get him to play the part of a girl.

-Why do you guys always have to say nail, tap and score? It’s rude. – Said Junsu, lifting his head from Yoochun’s shoulder. – And you’ve been going on and on about who tops and who bottoms, and comparing guys to girls because of their looks.

-Oh, never mind them, Junsu. It’s just guys talking. – Eric’s girlfriend laughed.

-Well, I’m a guy and I don’t talk like that.

Donghae’s girlfriend, the newest to the group, started laughing at Junsu’s words and seemed to be about to say something to the cheerful man when she noticed the death glare that Yoochun was sending her way. She just froze, realising the danger and hide herself behind Donghae’s back. No one ever dared to even think about offending Junsu with Yoochun nearby.

At the end of the day, Yoochun had to say goodbye to his boyfriend. Junsu lived almost half an hour walk away and even though Yoochun would usually insist in, at least, walking him home, this time he couldn’t get his way. Junsu was too tired from his trip and refused to allow his boyfriend to spend the night with him, which he knew would inevitably happen if the man was allowed anywhere near his apartment. Yoochun was a dog with a bone. After two weeks of exams and his weekend away, he had no energy to deal with a ually frustrated Yoochun.

-Love, come on…

-No. I know you, Yoochun. You don’t want to walk me home, you want to keep me awake all night.

-But baby…

-Knock it off, Chunnie. Not this time. And stop about how long it’s been since we were together. And stop trying to pretend you’d really just walk me home. Not after nearly three weeks with no .

Yoochun kept making pitiful pleading faces at Junsu, succeeding in making the man laugh. The smile he gave when he heard the laugh almost changed Junsu’s mind. But however occasionally it happened, the younger man could sometimes stand his ground against his boyfriend.

-No.

-Oh, Susu. Baby… You are so mean to me. I missed you. – Yoochun lost the smug face and became serious in front of Junsu for the first time that day. – I really missed you like crazy, you know?

-I know. I love you too. But you are a monster and I don’t have the strength tonight. Unless you want to let me top?

-What?

Yoochun’s horrified face had Junsu laughing all the way to the ground. The older guy realised he was being teased and crossed his arms waiting for Junsu to stop. When they were once again looking at each other’s eyes, Yoochun grabbed the man and kissed him senseless. Junsu swayed in his feet when the man let him go, his entire body suddenly awake and wanting more. He sighed.

-Ok, you can spend the night tomorrow. Better?

-Much better. But I want you in my sight the entire day too. I’m already missing you again.

-Stop being cheesy.

They kissed one last time and with some effort, Yoochun was able to let Junsu walk away, his hands in his pockets to keep from reaching for the retreating man. He sighed sadly, feeling like a lost puppy. Yoochun waited until he lost sight of Junsu to start slowly walking to his own apartment. He considered texting or calling but thought that it would be too needy. After all, Junsu had only just left. Then his phone buzzed and a text from Junsu made him smile like a silly fool: “I am going to dream of you tonight.”