Coward(Jin)

BTS Scenarios/Oneshot requests!!!

Requested by~caterpillar1004

"One may smile, and smile, and be a villian"

-William Shakespeare, Hamlet

You stared at them, your eyes wide. In shock, this didn't seem like the Jin you knew at all. How could he? He stood there infront of you. Holding hands with a girl from school, she smirked at you. Knowing she had won. Tears brimmed your eyes, threatening to fall. The girl laughed, while Jin just looked at you with a cold, expressionless face. 

"Cry all you want Julie, things have changed. I don't care about you anymore. Why can't you accept that and move on? The only person you're hurting is yourself," he said, looking down at the ground. Even when he did something like this, his words were kind and wise. You knew he was right, but you couldn't help yourself. He was your first love. How could you forget that? How could the Jin who smiled and promised forever be the same one telling you to leave, and so abruptly? Just the other day we was smiling and laughing with you. Giving you hugs, leading you to believe the feelings were still there.

You were wrong. The proof was right infront of you. You shook with anger. This wasn't the Jin you had fallen in love with. Why be hurt over a complete stranger?

You looked at him, smiling, the hatred evident in your eyes.

"I guess you weren't who I thought you were," you said emotionlessly, "Was our past together a lie too? If I knew this was your true character then I-" you stopped and drew in a sharp breath, and continued.

"Then I wish I had said no in the first place." with this his eyes widened a bit, shocked, hurt even, but he quickly switched back to his previous expression. Without waiting for an answer, you turned and walked away.

You walked away from the only love you knew, the one that had intoxicated him with his scent when he embraced you. The one who recited cheesy love lines to you from a play he had watched or participated it. Your first, and now you decided, last love. With every step you took, you felt your heart harden, you felt yourself building walls to keep everyone out. Were you changing? 

No. You had just woken up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been two months, and it seemed like you were a whole new person.

When you laughed, it was only halfheartedly, when you smiled, it was stiff and tinged with sadness. Most importantly, was your eyes, they were still the same beautiful eyes you had been complimented on countless of times before. But instead of being full of life and love, they like cold, had marbles, only the faintest like existent. 

You were still beautiful, it was just of a different kind.

You changed your lifestyle completely, rejecting your friends offers of going out, they eventually stopped asking. All you wanted was to immerse yourself in a book. Something completely different then this unwanted reality. You had distanced yourself from the rest of the world, refusing to become vulnerable again. You worked hard to bury your feelings and memories of Jin.

Whenever you saw Jin, you held your head up and avoided eye contact. You never wanted to speak to that cowardly bastard again. How dare he think he could play with your feelings like that. How dare he try to pass it off as if he never meant it as anything more then being friendly. Friendsdon't touch and talk to eachother that way. You wanted nothing to do with him. You refused to fall in love again. Not after this.

Spring semester at Seoul University. You walked into your new class, horrified to see him there. He looked at you and attempted to smile, but you gave him nothing but a look full of daggers.You sat down at the opposite side  of the room, trying to stay as far away as possible. The Proffesor had walked in and introduced himself. He gave a lecture and background of The Arts, and assigned you to groups you would be in for the whole semester.

You crossed your fingers, hoping you wouldn't be in a group with him, as the names of your group was called out you felt relief flood through you. Until he announced the last name. You tried your hardest not to groan in distaste. Of course this would only happen to you.  He, of all people, was in your group. Your teacher announced that you were all to make a skit and present it to the class on Friday, then he dismissed you to your groups for the rest of the hour to brainstorm.

You slowly got up and trudged to your group. You greeted everyone but him, making it clear you didn't want to be in the same group with him. You all had decided to go with a classic romance. It was the easiest route, afterall. Ironically, you and Jin were the two leads, despite your protests. You would've much rather helped write the script, since you knew you would interact with him least if all you did was hand him a couple of lines to memorize. Angered, you stomped out, utterly convinced you weren't going to survive the semester without murdering Kim Seokjin.

You spent the rest of the week in a terrible mood, the only solace you found was when you were actually acting. It seemed as if every problem was washed away and you forgot completely  of what he did to you. Your skit came and went quickly, earning an "A" from your Proffessor. Although you loved Theatre you hated this class, you could never concentrate because you were constantly aware of his prescence. It didn't help much that he was popular on campus, you heard his name everywhere you went.

Oh, did you know Jin  got the lead in the school play?

Jin is so funny! You should've heard him!

Ah~Jin is so charming~

It drove you to the point of insanity, you were unhappy, and had finally decided to drop the class. You arrived at our class half an hour early just to catch your proffessor sipping tea quietly as he read the school newspaper. 

"Uhm, excuse me sir," you twirled your hair nervously, your eyes scanning the room for something to focus on. He looked up and smiled warmly.

"Ah, Julie. Its nice to see you, is there something you need?" he folded the newspaper and set it to the side, giving you his full attention. 

"N-Well, I mean..yes," you admitted looking to the ground, you then were filled with determination and looked him in the eye. "I want to drop the class,"

He looked at you amused. "No you don't" You looked at him, frustruation beginning to bubble inside as he mocked you.

"Yes, I do," you said, a frown playing at your lips. You both stood there, looking at eachother. After a few moments he finally spoke.

"And why would you do that?" 

"Because I am simply not comfortable in the class," you muttered "There is someone there whom I cannot stand, and the fact that they are mentioned so constantly makes this class unbearable." He raised an eyebrow he then looked down at his hands, as if he was thinking. 

"Well, is this person aware you fail to be at ease around them?" he asked.

"Yes, he knows very well," your face expression darkened as you recalled upon that day.

"Ah, so its a he. Well anyhow, you are giving him the upperhand. The satisfaction of knowing you are still bothered by whatever has happened to you," you looked at him, bewildered. 

"I'm not quite clear as to what you meant sir," you said slowly, he smiled, and picked up his newspaper.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't let it get to you." he sighed at  your still, slightly confused face. "Kill him with kindness,"

Your face slowly began to brighten, why didn't you realize thise before?! This is why he was your favorite proffessor. You excitedly set your bag down on your seat and took out your lines for the new play the university's drama department was holding. You were going to audition for the lead female, and you knew he was going to audition for the lead male as usual. You couldn't wait to tell him the news.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting by your group had become the norm, sort of like assigned seats back in highschool. You made sure that the seat next to you stayed open until Jin came. He came him and spotted your group, his eyes widening a bit to see that the only open seat was next to you. He slowly walked up and glanced over to you as he sat down. You pretended to be too busy learning your lines.

"Hey" he jumped, surprised you had actually exchanged a few words. You took out your pencil and made notes beside your script, waiting to see if he would actually respond.

"Ah, hello Julie-sshi, how are you?" he said nervously trying his best to avoid eye contact. Why were you suddenly talking to him? You were slightly irritated by his cowardice. His reaction reminded you that things weren't OK, and everything came rushing back, knocking you out of breath. Taking in a deep breath of air, you bit your tongue to hold by your sudden tears. 

"I'm doing good, I've been trying to figure out how to act out my part perfectly, but I can't decide," you said, forcing a cheerful tone and smile. "This chick sure is tough ya know?" He smiled softly, you were still the cute, indecisive girl he remembered. Then he remembered, and his smile left as soon as it had come. You smiled awkwardly, shifting your attention to your proffessor who clapped his hands and begun the class.

Soon, you were released to your groups, you might as well approach Jin since he is the other lead(again), right? 

"Hey Jin," you took your script out as you stood infront of him, interrupting his session of "fanservice" to a group of girls. He looked at you confused as you pushed the script into his chest.

"We need to practice this, you're the lead right?" his eyed the script and slowly took it, studying it for a few moments.

"Ok, I'm ready," he said giving you the script back. What a cocky bastard, the Jin I know would never be like this. You were disgusted, but refused to show it. Let's get this show on the road. You both went through your lines rather quickly, when it was over you both parted without saying a word, packing your bags to leave when your proffessor called out to both of you. 

"Yes sir?" you both asked simultaneously, then looked at eachother, slightly annoyed. He smiled at the two of you and laughed.

"Perfect, the two of you, just perfect," he said between gasps, soon he composed himself and eyed the both of you. "I want you two to stay after school and practice together, now, I'll arrange schedules suitable for you. You two simply aren't feeling the roles you play, and thats the most important part of acting,"

You looked at him, your mouth hanging open. He knew didn't he?! You saw a playful look dancing around in his eyes. Yes, he definitively knew. You sighed, brushing  lock or hair back. 

"Ok" you said, shrugging your shoulders, sure you didn't want to do it, but what could be done? Like isn't a path full of roses. And even if it is, roses have thorns. "Is around 1:00pm OK?" 

Jin looked at the ground, "Yeah, fine by me," 

"Splendid! I'll see you guys then!" your proffessor trilled as he began to prepare for his next group of kids.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You arrived exactly at 12:59, you were very prompt when it came to time. Jin, came close at 1:01.  You remembered how you would always beat him to your dates, sometimes even hours before it was supposed to take place. You didn't speak to eachother until it was time to rehearse your script. It was going really well, and you were both beginning to relax and get into your parts when you heard the voice of someone you were hoping to never see again.

"Oppa~" you heard a high-pitched nasally voice say. You turned around, her, Young MinHyun, your expression darkened. She practically pounced on Jin planting kisses all over his face. With annoyed expression he pushed her away, causing her to pout. He glanced at me nervously, MinHyun noticed, her lips curling into a sinister smile when she realized who I was.

"Oh~ Hello Julie~!" she said mockingly "Long time no see! How have you been? Any boyfriends?" you breathed in deeply, taking a few seconds to compose yourself before responding. 

"I've been fine. And no not really, none of the boys in this school are worth my time," he said, forcing a pleasant smile. "Well, I'm not trying to rain on your love parade but me and Jin have lines to practice and I want to get this over with as soon as possible,"

Jin, not having said a word, awkwardly bid his girlfriend goodbye. You then turned to him, all business. As you both rehearsed, you couldn't focus on your lines. Seeing her brought memories you had worked hard in burying, you bit your lip, feeling your eyes grow moist. After another 20 minutes of this, you couldn't handle it anymore. 

"Uhm, I-I think I have to go now," you said your voice shaking slightly, "See you tomorrow Jin" With this you quickly picked up your things and walked out of the room. You glanced behind you quickly, and strangely enough, his expression was pained. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This continued for the next few weeks, at first you had similar reactions, but eventually you grew used to it, relying on your usual pokerface to get you through the practice, now that she insisted in watching her "oppa" practice. One day, she had to leave quickly.

"Oppa~ I have to get my nails done in 15 minutes! I'll call you when I'm done," she kissed his cheek, "Don't cheat on me, ok?" She smiled at you devilishly as she sauntered out. She wanted to hit home, and she did. You felt the tears roll down your cheeks. Your face expression hard. You turned to Jin, his eyes wide.

"I expected more from you," you left it at that, grabbing your purse to go get something from the vending machine. You wiped your tears, having calmed down. You reached down to grab your tea when you felt someone tap on your shoulder. You looked up to Jin standing there, guilt written all over his face. 

"Julie! I'm so sorry! I didn't think she would ever do something like that," he said helplessly. "I've been watching her behavior these past few weeks and I'm disgusted she isn't the person I thought she was. And it makes me sick...it makes me.." he looked away, taking a shaky breath. He then looked you in the eyes.

"It makes me wish I had never left,"  your eyes grew wide, you never expected something like this. Your surprise quickly transformed itself into anger.

"How dare you," you narrowed your eyes at him, "How dare you say something like that. How dare you decide to throw me to the side, only wanting me back just because your new girlfriend is garbage! How dare you play with my feelings the way you did. How can you smile so easily, knowing all the things you said to me. How could you be so cruel? You may not have feelings for me anymore, but this is too much, you could have at least respected the past we had. I hate you with every bone in my body. It's too late, your petty words won't change how I feel now, it's just too late" your voice was rising with every word, and you soon found yourself redfaced, screaming at him as tears rolled down your cheeks. 

" you Kim Seokjin!" you cried, he looked at you shocked. You never sweared, even when he hurt you the way he did all those months back, you never swore, not once, at him.  He felt his own eyes filling up with tears, he choked  down a sob, knowing he had deserved this. He had no reason to cry, you had every right to hate him, so why did he feel the need to make amends instead of leave this, his own creation?

"Julie, I don't think you realize. I dated her to forget you. I wanted to prove to myself that we were better being friends, I wasn't ready to eat my own words. This may sound insensitive, but, being single was too painful, especially knowing it was you who I could be with. I needed something I could focus on, something other than you,  and I'm an idiot," he pulled you to him, you closed your eyes, your anger slowly diminishing, soon finding your self relaxing into his embrace. "Hate me all you want Julie, but I'm in love with you. And I swear someday I will prove that, MinHyun means nothing to me. I deserve everything you said, no matter how much it hurts. All I can hope is that you'll find it in your heart to forgive me, no matter how much I don't deserve it, because honestly Julie, my life is empty." 

You clenched your fists, you should be angry, wanted to be angry, but you couldn't. You could claim you hated him all you want. But face it, you loved him. You looked up at him.

"Jin," you called softly, your voice shaking, "I need you," he smiled at you affectionately. You felt as if a weight had been lifted off your shoulders, and your heart was finally at peace. He reached out his hand, gently brushing your tears away.

"And I need you," he planted a quick peck on your lips. He then smiled brightly, taking your hand as he quickly led you back out into the hallway. You looked at him confused, your face burning red as the other students walking past stared, clearly stunned.

"Wh-what are you doing?" you stuttered, attempting to wiggle out of his tight grip. He turned back his face blank, obviously wondering why you would ask such a question.

"To tell MinHyun of course," he then smirked. "It's time she's had a taste of her own medicine,"

You smiled.

"Ok," you simply said, letting him lead you down the hall, past your practicing room, and out to his car.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Omg, I'm sorry I took so long I love you guys so much! I have other stories to be written, so please wait for me! And about this story, I chose the Shakespeare quote cause 1) I LOVE Shakespeare's work to death 2)I felt it was good because Jin is often viewed as very kind, and seeing this type of betrayal is uncommon. Another fun fact about this story is it's something that has happened to me(believe it or not) except there was no happy ending. So, you can bet your bottom dollar I was sobbing as I was writing this. 

K, thats all bye~