The Comeback!

Hongki's Secret Girlfriend

He's been very busy lately with their new album coming up. It's been more than a year since they released a song in Korea and I'm so proud that their album now is something that they can finally say that it's their own. Because of this, the album is more special than any other albums which also means that they are doing everything that they can to make it a hit, to make everything perfect. A lot of things had happened and they are now ready to show the world who they really are. 

Finally we'd see each other tonight. It's been almost a week since he and I had a date. We knew that when the promotions starts it would be harder for us to have time for each other for almost two months since the company is planniing to have them promote for two months. I really hope, he'd be okay. At least now I know he's healthier (and a lot more hotter and ier) since he's been hitting the gym everyday. He's doing his best to stop smoking and finally he's living a more healthier lifestyle. I think he's goal now is to prove to our President to not underestimate him. I really hate it when they always compare him with Yonghwa oppa. Yonghwa oppa is a great guy but my boyfriend is also a very great guy. He's just more open and more honest about what he feels.

Though Hongki was warned beforehand of what might happen in Radio Star, he was really down that time. He called me out of the blue and usually when he does that I get nervous. He said he wanted to see me. I was really busy that time but it was a good thing that I was able to finish my activities early that day. I rushed to his house and as soon as I opened the door, I heard him singing so loudly on top of his voice. I got really worried for he usually does this everytime he needed to release something. I hurriedly ran to him and hugged him. He immediately let go of the microphone and hugged me tightly. I hugged him tightly then led him to the sofa and asked him what's wrong. He told me about the presidents stint in Radio Star. He was told that it was just to promote Yonghwa. I then got mad. It's not right to make someone look good by making another one look bad and my boyfriend is definitely not bad. I wanted to go the president but he stopped me. He just said that having me and his fans believe in him is enough, the hell with what the president thinks.

I then looked at the clock. He's late. He was suppose to come two hours ago. I looked at my phone but there were no messages. I then dialled his number but was directed to voice mail. I then called Jonghoon but I was also directed to voicemail. I then conclude that maybe they were still practicing. I went to Hongki's bed and deicded to sleep while waiting for him.

I woke up in his embrace. I then looked at him and found at that he's staring into space with a very worried face. "What's wrong honey?" I asked him. He then looked at me and smiled but I can still see the worry in his eyes. I then kissed his lips and he kissed me back. I asked again, "Tell me, what's bothering you?" Then I sat up. He followed me and he too sat up in front of me. He then looked at my hand, held it and put my palm in his cheeks. I caressed his cheeks and smiled at him. He too smiled at me. He then said, "I'm scared." Tears then flowed from his eyes. 

I began to worry. I smelled him but he's not drunk. I looked around but he's not hurt anywhere. I then hugged him and made him lean on me. I cradled him like a baby and he began to sob. "What's wrong honey?" I asked. "Tell me, I might be able to help."

He cried some more. I kissed his eyes. He hugged me and kissed my lips. I held his face with my hands and looked at his two beautiful teary eyes. I smiled at him, he then smiled back.

"Can you tell me now what's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm scared. This album is special. It's like a debut for us here in Korea. This album represents us in everyway. This is the music we want to make. We composed and wrote the lyrics in every song." He said.

"But you also did this in Japan and your fans loves your music. I personally like your Japanese songs more than what the president makes you sing." I assured him.

"I know. But this is Korea we are talking about. The trend here is different. Hook songs and dancing idols are more famous here. Just as what had happened to your group. Though I like AOA Black better, AOA is more famous and more accepted. Our music is on the minority. But I want this album do good on the charts. More than ever I want people to like us because if they will like this music, it would mean that they really like us. Not just the image we project, not the idols that were trained to please and entertain people, but as the musicians that we are. I've fought so hard to finally do this album. There's a big possibility that if this album fails, the company would tell us to go back to our old image and do only the music that they want us to do." He said while his tears freely flowed from his eyes.

I hugged him again. I can understand his fears and insecurities. I too at times feels that our company is unfair to the group who made our company able to exist in the first place. I just hugged him and waited for him to calm down.

After a while he finally stopped crying. He then sat in front of me. He smiled. I smiled back. He kissed me softly. He then smiled again and said, "Thank you."

"For what?" I asked. "I didn't do anything."

"For just being here. For making me say what I just said."

I smiled. Kissed his cheeks and said, "We can't ever please everyone. We both know that more than anyone else. But we also know that people also see when we love what we do and somehow that makes them curious and from that curiousity we already won half the battle. Don't worry too much. Just enjoy the time that you were given to promote this album. Just do your best and everything will follow." He smiled at that. He then hugged me again and finally said, "But I have another big problem."

I looked at him with worry. "What is it?" I asked.

He hugged me again then said, "I'm actually very hungry."

 

A/N: This is just something I wrote in anticipation with FTIsland's comeback after more than a year. I think some of what I've said here is what the group feels. Let's support FTIsland!