The Past, Present and Future

Hongki's Secret Girlfriend

(Hongki's POV)

"What's with that smile?" I asked. She then went towards me and sat on my lap. She looked in my eyes, smiled and then hugged me tightly. "You know I have nothing against what you're doing right now but I still want to know what's making you so happy right now. Spill! Tell me! I'm really dying to know. Do you really missed me this much?" I continued to ask.

"You don't need to know. Just be content to know that you're still making me very happy these days." She answered. But knowing myself, the more mystery you give me the more I would want to know the answer so I kept on. "Tell me please? Pretty please?" I begged.

She then laughed at me. Kissed my cheeks and went back to watching her daily dose of drama.

I then heard a very familiar voice from her laptop. She was watching Pinnochio. Shinhye is starring on that drama. I then sat beside her and checked out the drama.

"Are you close to her?" I heard her ask.

"Yup. Not just me but she's a very good friend of the group. She would attend our concerts, support me in my dramas, call me when she has problems. We're really good friends." I said thinking Shinhye really looks good with Lee Jong Suk.

She then paused the drama and faced me. I got curious so I faced her too. "I know you have more questions to ask. Shoot! I'll answer everything." I told her.

"DId she and Geun Suk-ssi ever dated in real life?" Was her first question.

"Nope. They were just good friends though hyung really had a crush on her and even tried to ask her out on a date. But he's not her type. At least they stayed as good friends until now." I answered.

"Did she date Yonghwa oppa?" Was her second question.

"Never. As soon as You're Beautiful drama was done, Yonghwa got really busy preparing for their debut. Then after that, he met Seohyun and the rest was history." She just nodded in response. Then her aura changed. It became more guarded, then she asked the question, "Did you date her?" And then I knew, this is the real issue. Her first questions were just introductions, this is the main dish.

I then held her hand, squeezed it and looked at her eyes. "Yes. She and I dated for months."

"For months? How many to be exact?" She asked. She was smiling but I know that it's her worried smile.

"We started going out when we were still filming the drama. The hyungs knew about it. It's also the reason why the rest of the boys were close to her. She would always attend our practice, give us food to eat, medicine when we are sick and even the President approved of our relationship but it too needed to be kept as a secret since I'm still under the "no public dating" period in my contract." I answered honestly. I then felt her trying to take her hands away from mine but I didn't let her go and held it tight. I knew she was jealous. I was very happy that she was jealous but aside from jealousy there were fear in her eyes.

"Are you scared that I'd go back to her?" I asked.

"Why did you two break up?" Normally when she asks questions, she does it confidently, she always looks at my eyes when she ask me stuffs but now, she was asking me but she was fidgeting in her seat while all the time,she was looking at our hands.

"Because we (FTIsland) were sent back to Japan. She was also busy with her own stuff and soon we realized that though we still love each other, it's getting hard to maintain our relationship."

"Who broke up with who?" She asked again.

"It was mutual."

"Did you cry?"

"Yes."

"For how long?"

"For a long time."

"Do you still love her?" She then looked up to my eyes and I knew right then that she did that to know the truth for my eyes would always tell the truth.

I then took a deep breath and said, "I still do." She took away her hands from mine and all of a sudden our distance went from 2 inches to 2 feet. She was panicking. I tried to hold on to her but she would not let me. She was looking for her stuff. She then stood up and headed to the door. I knew I needed to do something before she misunderstands everything.

"STOP!" I cried out to her. She stopped and I ran towards her and hugged her from behind. I was waiting for her to say something or even shout at me but she was silent. She was very silent. And then I knew I'm in deep trouble. She held my hands and she pulled them apart. She then faced me and saw her eyes who were very scary at the moment.

She calmly sat on the chair and I hurriedly put the other chair in front of her and sat on it. I've never seen her like this before. She was always sweet and smiling and laughing at me. This is my first time seeing her this serious and she's very intimidating. And then she said, "Explain everything. Don't leave anything until you've told me everything. Start from the beginning."

I took a deep breath, looked at her eyes and began my story.

"We met in You're Beautiful. As you know, my role there is the comic relief. But since we're the same age, we got close really fast. We realized that we just click. We always have fun, we always talk, we understand each and we have a lot in common. We were both child stars, same birth year, we both like music and we even like the same types of food. She was fun to be with and I fell in love with her. We began dating on the last month of filming. As you know, we were sent to Japan shortly after that so that they can concentrate on CNBlue's promotion. She went there from time to time and when I go back to Korea, I make it a point that I'll visit her everytime.

"It was working well for a few months. Then after 9 months, we somehow fell apart. We became busy in Japan and she too was getting busy. On the 10th month we've decided to break up. Though we both acknowledge that we still love each other, we just knew that it's not working out. We were like that for a few months. Then we came back to Korea and started to promote Love, Love, Love. We somehow reconnected and decided to give it another go. We then realized that we're better off as friends and until now we still are. We are actually best friends. That's why I sang in two of her dramas. She would still go to our concerts and we still call each other. As a matter of fact we went out last week."

"You had a date with her without telling me?" She asked in an octave higher than her usual voice.

"A friendly date. It's just a friendly date." She was beginning to get mad again. Her face was getting redder. "She was asking me if I've heard something about Lee Jong Suk. She knew I have lots of celebrity friends and she was asking if I knew something about him."

Suddenly her face changed when I mentioned "Lee Jong Suk" and it's now my time to get irritated.

"You know anything about Lee Jong Suk?" She asked out of the blue.

I felt all the blood rushed to my head. I stood and shouted, "Yah!!! We're having a very serious talk about me and SHinhye and one mention of Lee Jong Suk's name and you're acting like a fangirl!"

Her eyes turned cold again and i regretted what I did. "At least I didn't date him. Does he like AOA too? I know Song Jae Rim likes our group. MBC even contacted us again to see if we would like to teach Kim Seo Eun the "Like a Cat" dance. Should I flirt a little?"

"What?"I exploded! I knew she was just toying with me but I can't help get jealous of those two men. They were both popular, both very handsome and very tall.

She just laughed at me. Then suddenly her smile faded and turned serious again. "Is there any chance of you and Shinhye getting back together?"

I looked at her eyes and said, "None." sincerely.

"How do you know that?" She asked.

"Because I have you now. Though what I had with her was special in the past, my present now is with you and I will do my best to make it last until the indefinite future. And you know and you can see that it's the truth." I knew she believed me for she gave me her wonderful smile again. She hugged me and I immediately searched for her lips and kissed her.

Minutes later we were both out of breath. "I love you." I told her. She smiled and said, "Do you know anything about Lee Jong Suk?" "Yah!!!!" I shouted. She immediately silenced me with another kiss. We were so into it then I remembered something. I pulled away from her and said, "I do know something about Lee Jong Suk."

Her face lit up. "Really? Tell me!!!" She asked excitedly.

"He and Shinhye are officially dating."

 

A/N: Hi guys. I know this is quite a nonsense chapter. I wrote this because Pinocchio ended and I just love Shinhye and Jongsuk in that drama. Their love story was really refreshing and they look good together. The LTE couple (Song Jae Rim and Kim Seo Eun) is my newest WGM favorite couple hence the name drop... Enjoy this chapter. I might write something soon...