The Brother

I'm Falling for Min Ho

Lee Min Ho’s POV

           

I couldn’t believe what I’m seeing, the person who was holding my hand

was my best friend, Park Shin Hye, I’m sure it’s her, especially when she smiled at

me.

 

“Hye-chan…” I started

“How come you are here? I thought you were…”

She gave me a quizzical look.

 

…dead” I continued

 

“What?” she was surprised.

 

”My mom told me you died in the accident” I explained

 

“So that explains it, I thought you were mad at me when you never contact me after the accident, then we moved to Nagoya and I haven’t heard from you” her voice tremble as she spoke.

 

“I thought you have totally forgotten me” tears are now spilling on her rosy cheeks. I wanted to hug her tight and tell her it’s okay, that we can start anew, we could go back to the way we were before. My body was still sore so I couldn’t get up, I just squeezed her hand tightly hoping that by doing it, she will be assured.

 

She let go of my hand and hug me tightly. My heart was racing as I felt her warm embrace. I was anxious she would notice it.

 

“Yah, do you want to squeeze me to death?” I fake a cough, she loosened her hug a little.

 

“I missed you so much, you have no idea how much I long for this day to happen, although this is not the scenario I was hoping for, not with you badly injured and lying on the hospital bed, but still this is a dream come true” she said softly as she patted my back.

 

“Don’t you dare leave me again!”

“I promise, I won’t”

 

“Sleep some more, so that you could regain your strength, I’ll stay right here until you wake up” she beamed and then I closed my eyes.

 

 

True to her words, when I woke up I saw her peeling the apples that she brought and sliced it before she gave it to me. We talked about the things that happened to us when we were separated. She told me about her boyfriend who was also on the cruise ship that Sulli and I were in and that we share the same name with her boyfriend. She looked troubled when she told me that her boyfriend was one of the missing passengers, but I admire her faith, she told me with strong conviction that her boyfriend will survive. When I told her about Sulli she smiled, I know she’s happy for me, but when I narrated what happened after the explosion, her facial expression changed. She was sorry for me and I don’t like it, I don’t want her to pity me. I still couldn’t forget what Sulli told me before we got separated. Sulli thinks I’m still in love with Shin Hye, was she right? Did I just use Sulli to cover up for Shin Hye’s absence? Another thing who was the guy that she introduced to me as her new boyfriend, was she bluffing about their relationship?

 

“Aishhhh… I’m going crazy” I blurted.

“Are you alright Min-chan?” Shin Hye worriedly asked.

 

“I’m fine Hye-chan, shimpaishinaide”

 

Shin Hye suggested that we play a game while waiting for Min Hyuk, my younger brother.

 

We played a reaction game on her ipad, and she looks cute whenever she pouted because I always win.

 

“How come you always win? You’re injured right? Or are you just faking it? She gave me a furtive look.

 

“Are you underestimating me, Miss Park?” I tried to sound hurt.

 

----------------------------

 

Lee Min Hyuk’s POV

 

I went home to get hyung’s clothes and to cook his favorite food. It was only hyung and I, we have been taking care of each other ever since our parents migrated to Korea,. When I arrived at the hospital, I talked to the doctor first before going to my brother’s room.

I opened the door and grinned when I saw that he was awake, tapping an ipad with a familiar girl.

 “Hyung  I brought your clothes and favorite food” I said as Min Ho hyung looked at me and so was the girl that was talking him.

 

“Oh, Min Hyukie, hisashi buri da ne, just place them on the table” Shin Hye noona beamed at me.

 

“Ahhhhhhhh….ghost!”  I screamed…but Min Ho hyung and Shin Hye noona just chuckled at my reaction.

 

‘It’s okay Min Hyukie, I’m not a ghost, you were just misinformed”

After Shin Hye noona told me what really happened to her, she bid goodbye since her mom called and was looking for her. She promised she’ll be back tomorrow and she’ll bring my favorite dried persimmon and hyung’s dried mango. I didn’t miss hyung’s shy smile when she promised to be back and bring our favorite snack. After all these years, Shin Hye noona was still his one and only love.

 

-----------------------------

When hyung was finally discharged, he asked Shin Hye noona to go to the park near our houses. They reminisced about their childhood days, and hearing him laugh like that whenever Shin Hye noona cracked a joke or made me realized that my old hyung was back. The hyung that I had before the accident.  

 

 

 

Choi Min Ho’s POV

 

“You have to decide whether to accept our proposal, your lives will be totally  different as long as you agree and abide to the terms and condition of the contract” Mr. Kim said with an imposing tone.

 

I looked at Sulli, our face are heavily bandaged, she nodded, and we held hands, trying to find strength from each other’s grip.

 

“Yes Mr. Kim, we both agree, you may perform the surgery as soon as possible” I answered.

 

“Thank You Mr. and Ms. Choi, I mean from now on you’ll be Mr. Kang Ha Neul and Miss Kim Ji Won, you will not regret your decision” he shook our hands firmly before leaving the room as a group of medical assistants prepared us for our series of surgeries.