The Truth

I'm Falling for Min Ho

Chapter 2

Shin Hye’s POV

 

I arrived at my hometown and I went straight to our old house. We didn’t sell it even though we don’t live here anymore. We haven’t used it for a long time but it still looks the same as if we never left. I think mom goes here to see to it that it is still in its good condition. I went upstairs to my room and just like the rest of the house it’s still the same 5 years ago. We transferred to Nagoya when I was 2nd year in my junior high, right after the accident.

 

Flashback

 

“Hye-chan look what I got for my birthday!”  Min-chan said excitedly as he showed off his new motorbike.

 

“Uwahhh, sugoi, you would really look so cool if you are riding that Min-chan !” I said giving him a thumbs up.

 

 

“You want to ride it?” he asked.

 

“Eh I don’t know how to drive it” I said.

 

“I will be driving silly” he chuckled.

Then I nodded. I was about to put on the helmet when he stopped me.

 

“It wouldn’t be fun if you’re going to wear that” he winked and so we left our helmets.

 

It was truly fun riding a motorbike, I just love the feel of the wind round my cheeks. Min-chan and I were singing along the way when suddenly a stray dog crossed the street.

 

“Min-chan look out!” I yelled and he tried to avoid the hitting the dog and he swerved his motorbike to the other side causing us to crash into incoming car. We both passed out and when I woke up I was in a hospital in Tokyo and I can’t see. I had a temporary blindness and after I recovered and regained my sight  we transferred to Nagoya. We never went back to Okinawa. My mom told me Min-chan was okay but she did not allow me to go back. I tried to send him letters but I did not receive any reply from him. Maybe he was mad at me, but I don’t know why he was mad. My mom told me to forget Min-chan but I can’t, he is my best friend. Then just before the school year starts we had a new neighbor and the neighbor’s son happened to share the same name as my best friend, his name is Choi Min Ho.

Choi Min Ho reminded me of my best friend a lot, they're both cheerful and kind to the people around them. We became close since we were both new comers in our school. We gained a lot of friends as the school year progress, I was the class representative and he was quite a killer in baseball. Our schoolmates called him "The Babe Ruth" of Nagoya National High, and they call me the "Evita Peron".

Since were always together they would call us a power couple. I just ignored their teasing because for me, Choi Min Ho or Min Min as what I fondly call him is more of like a twin brother to me, Min Min on the other hand would turn into a shade of scarlet and he would just laught it off. I thought we will remain like that for the rest of our lives, but I was wrong. Destiny played a trick in our own little lives as our friendship turn into romance.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

Choi Min Ho's POV

When we reached the upper deck the crew were ushering the guests to the life boats. I can see the horror stricken guests hurriedly boarding the life boats. I’m relieved to see that there were enough life boats for all the guests. I can’t imagine how am I supposed to fight my way just to be on a life boat if there weren’t enough life boats just like in Titanic.

 

“Where’s Min Ho?” Sulli cried, I can sense panic in her voice. She’s scanning the upper deck for any sign of Hiro but she failed. The black smoke from the lower deck brought shivers down my spine,  I tried to shake off the images of those who were trapped in the area where the black smoke came from.

 

“Min Ho-san, I have to find him, you go on without me” she suddenly said, she had a determined expression that reminded me of Shin Hye.

 

“It’s dangerous Sulli-san!” I yelled and hold on to her firmly.

 

“Let me go I can’t leave him here, I’m the reason why he is in this ship” she said and pulled her hands off mine and ran towards the lower deck.

 

------------------------------

Lee  Min Ho's  POV

I woke up because of the sudden explosion that I heard. I grabbed my bag and went out of my room. The black smoke has already spread to the corridor. I can’t see properly and I was coughing hard. I dropped on the floor and began crawling since I learned that smoke rises. I felt like I’ve been crawling for ages but I haven’t reached the end of the corridor yet.

 

“Oh God please help me” I muttered before I passed out.

 

Sulli’s POV

 

“Min Ho! Min Ho! Where are you!” I called out. I have searched the hall but he was not there, I tried looking for him in the pool because I know he loves to swim but there was no sign of him in there. Maybe he was asleep so I ran to where the cabins are located. I met Min Ho-san along the way, he did not say anything but he followed me. We ran towards Min Ho’s cabin. The corridor was so dark because of the thick smoke. As we were finding our way to Min Ho’s cabin we stumbled upon a body of a guy, we can’t see his face since he’s facing down as if he was crawling and was trying to escape the thick smoke. Then I noticed his backpack was just like Min Ho’s bag. My heart stopped as I realize who the guy is.

 

“Min Ho! Please wake up” I shook his shoulder but he did not respond. I saw Min Ho-san motioning me to let go of Min Ho's, he felt Min ho's wrist.

 

“He still has a pulse, but its weak, place him on my back, I’ll carry him to the upper deck” he said and I followed him.

 

-----------------------------

When we reached the upper deck I heard Min Ho coughed. Min ho-san was still carrying him on his back, I helped him lay Min Ho’s body on the floor and when his eyes fluttered open I was relieved.

 

“Sulli-chan, you came back for me, yokatta you’re safe” he said and then he smiled. I want to hug him and tell him it’s alright but I have decided to give him his freedom. I can’t bear if he is going to suffer if I’ll be gone I want him to forget about me.

 

 

“Board the next life boat Min Ho, I don’t want to be burdened by you. I have saved your life, I won’t feel guilty anymore that you were on this ship with me” I said trying to hide what I really feel, I sounded cold but it’s for his own good.

 

 

“No, don’t say that Sulli-chan, I know you still love me” he begged, his tears were rolling down his cheeks.

 

 

“Don’t kid me Min Ho, you don’t love me. Up until now you still love your best friend. Even though your parents told you she’s dead you still love her. I can never compete with her no matter how I try. Now that I have moved on I just want to tell you,  I don’t love you anymore, I came to this cruise with my new boyfriend” I turned my back to him and pulled Min Ho-san towards me and I kissed him on the lips.

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------

 

How was it? Just for clarification, in Sulli's POV Min Ho is Lee Min Ho and Min Ho-san is Choi Min Ho....

Thanks for reading :)