The Two Min Ho

I'm Falling for Min Ho

Shin Hye’s POV

 

It’s our spring break, I just graduated from high school and before I will face my unpredictable and maybe tough University Life, I want to spend my vacation with Min Ho. He has to return to his parents’ hometown though so my plan was thwarted. I decided to visit Okinawa, the place where I grew up, the place where I met the first Min Ho in my life.

 

 

Flashback

 

 

“Hayaku Shin Hye-chan the visitors already arrived!” my mom called me downstairs. She asked the newly transferred family in our neighborhood to come over and have dinner with us.

 

 

 

“Greet our visitors Shin Hye-chan” my mom commanded.

 

 

I sighed and greeted them properly trying to look cheerful, then I felt a slight pain in my cheeks.

 

 

“Kawaii, Hye-chan” our neighbor’s son said whilst pinching my cheeks.

 

 

 

“Min Ho-kun, why did you do that?” the boy’s mom scolded him, she looked at my mom and apologized for her son’s behavior.

 

 

 

“Iie, it’s okay, Hye-chan sure is kawaii ne, Min Ho-kun?” my mom asked the kid and he nodded excitedly.

 

 

“Shin Hye-chan why don’t you play with Min Ho-kun in the garden first” my mom suggested. I was a bit hesitant, my cheeks still throbbed from his pinch but he gave me a cheerful smile and he immediately grab my wrist and pulled me towards our garden.

 

 

“How are you Hye-chan, I’m Lee Min Ho, but you can call me Min Ho, yoroshiku ne? he beamed at me.

 

 

“I am fine thanks, I’m Park Shin Hye, yoroshiku” I simply answered.

 

 

“Can I call you Hye-chan?” he asked.

 

 

“Okay” I said

Then we played JanKen and the winner will be the master of the loser for a week. Good thing I won, now I can boss him around.

 

----------------------

 

Since we were neighbors Min Ho and I went to the same school until Junior high. We were best of friends, until that faithful day. Everything changed after that and we transferred here in Nagoya. I wonder if ever we see each other again, would it still be the same as before.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Choi Min Ho’s POV

 

Ahhhh… There’s nothing more relaxing than the feel of sea breeze against my cheeks. This moment could have been perfect if Shin Hye is with me, but I have to do this alone I just couldn’t help myself, I really miss her. In times like this I always reminisce about the things that we do together. I can already imagine her reaction when she sees the sea and when she explores the ship. She would be so excited and would wear a smile that brightens up my day. I was still in my reverie when suddenly…

 

 

“I told you not to follow me!” a girl suddenly shouted at a guy, I was partly hidden so they didn’t notice that they have company.

 

 

“I’m sorry Sulli-chan, let’s fix this okay, I know we can still make this relationship work” the guy pleaded.

 

 

“How many times do I have to tell you, I don’t love you anymore, we’re through!” and with that final statement she left.

 

 

I can’t help but pity the guy, it’s really hard to let go of the person you love. In my case, I have to, I hope Shin Hye would be able to move on without me. When I found out that I had a brain cancer all of my ambitions shattered, my plan turned to shambles, but I can’t blame God for my misery. I know He has a plan for me but it took time for me to accept my situation. I didn’t tell Shin Hye about my illness. I can’t bear to see her suffering too. So I made a lot of excuses whenever I have to see the doctor or whenever I feel a terrible pain in my head. She noticed it too and she would ask me what’s wrong but I told her I was just reviewing for our University Entrance Exam, or my mom ask me for an errand. I know those are just lame excuses but since she trusts me she accepted it.

 

 

I felt tired so I decided to retreat to my cabin, then I saw the girl.

 

 

“Hello, so you are the one who occupies the cabin opposite mine?” she smiled, I was startled since she seems to be detached to the girl who was furious earlier.

 

 

“Ah…yes I am, I’m Min Ho, Choi Min Ho by the way, yoroshiku” I introduced.

 

 

“Eh? she looked surprise when I told her about my name, I don’t think my name is that surprising, oh well. I look at her waiting for her to tell me her name.

 

 

“Ahm I’m Sulli” she finally said with a slight bow. We smiled at each other before we went inside our cabins.

 

 

--------------------------

 

I heard the announcement in the PA system that the captain is inviting everyone to attend the Grand Banquet to welcome the guest . It is our first night in the cruise so it is expected. I wore my black tux and again thought of Shin Hye. When I entered the hall I was amazed of its lavish beauty and grandeur. I saw an empty seat and I sat down.

 

“Is this seat taken?” I turned my head and saw Sulli-san. I smiled and shook my head.

 

She settled to the seat next to mine. While waiting for the food to be served we chatted.

 

“Anou Min Ho-san you seemed to be alone, didn’t you bring along your girlfriend? She curiously asked. I was taken aback by her straightforward question but I answered her.

 

 

 

“She didn’t know I am on a vacation, if she knew about it, she would definitely tag along” I chuckled.

 

 

“Why didn’t you bring her with you?” she prodded.

 

 

“I want her to be independent, I want her to experience life without me by her side, we were neighbors for years so I ended up taking care of her all the time, I thought I would be able to do that forever, but I was wrong” I said with a sad voice.

 

 

“Eh? You’re saying it as if you’re dying of a terminal illness” she chortled, but my serious expression made her realize that her hunch was true.

 

 

“Oh my, it’s true?” she gasped.

 

 

I nodded and looked away I don’t want to see her sorry expression. I don’t want other people to take pity of me.

 

 

“I’m sorry Min Ho-san, I thought I am the only person who has that burden” she seemed upset.

 

 

 

“Do you mean to say you have a terminal illness too? I asked hesitantly.

 

 

Then she nodded. We sat in silence for a while. I don’t know what to say. It must have been hard for her, I think she broke up with her boyfriend because she doesn’t want her boyfriend to experience pain when she will die.

 

 

Then the orchestra played and the guests started to dance. Sulli and I just watched them, trying to forget our own dilemma when we heard a sudden explosion. I grab Sulli’s wrist and we hid under our table.

 

 

“What is happening? she asked looking frightened.

 

 

 

“I don’t know, let’s get away from here” I told her trying to sound calm and then I pulled her towards the exit.

 

Guests are running towards the upper deck since the life boats are there. Amidst the chaos, I kept my cool and looked for a life jacket for the two of us. We avoided the guests who were panicking and shrieking and we went to our cabin. I opened the door of my cabin I spotted two life vests under my bed and gave her the spare. We wore our life vests and headed to the top deck where the life boats are stationed.

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

Anyeong hasaeyo...to all minshin fans I hope you would like this fic :)