The first day.

The Idol and Hotel Manager

         "Annyeong-hasaeyo, Mimi-nimida"  you introduced yourself to the team of interns at the hotel.

          You had spent the last few days in Korea getting settled into your new apartment with the help of Mark and you spent most of the time sleeping because of jet lag or shopping to make your home feel like home and Mark had helped a great deal, posting pictures of the two of you up everywhere and also buying you a dining set. He even made himself a drawer in your closet so he didn’t have to bring clothes over though he had yet to spend the night.

          When you had gone to register with the hotel, you were shocked at how big it was, and you were really excited to get started.

          "Welcome to the Riverside hotel" the manager in charge said bowing to you, "We've heard about your marks from the states and we're hoping you live up to them."

          "Neh!" you bowed deeply, "I'll do my best here!"

          "As you've been informed, interns go through a 90day probation period where they shadow one of our more experienced staff. Together, the two of you will be working together and doing the duties of the experienced staff member. At the end of the 90day probation period, you will be graded and hopefully, you'll be taken on as staff with a permanent position" the manager explained and went through a bunch of rules.

          "All interns are partnered with a more experienced member, and seeing your experience, we have the privilege to pair you up with one of the youngest but more experienced staff here" the manager said, "Oh Sehun" he called out.

          "Neh" a voice said from the doorway.

          Turning to look at the source of the voice, you saw a handsome man, wearing a cream colored suit. He looked fairly rough but you could tell that he was close to you age, if not a little bit older. It was also easy to tell that he was well respected since all the interns bowed to him as he walked in.

          "Is this her?" he asked raising an eyebrow eyeing you down, "Tch" he turned to the side and looked at the manager. "You never pair interns with me, whats so different about this one"

          "Look at her marks from university and see" the manager said handing him a folder. "I think she'll benefit working with you."

          "How do you know she can handle it?" Sehun challenged, "She's only 21, barely any experience in the field." He looked in the folder, his eye brows raised slightly. "Interships offered all over…even Switzerland hmm?"

          A few gasps were heard around the room as the other interns started murmuring amongst themselves as they eyed you which made you slightly uncomfortable.

          "Of all places, why  Korea?" he asked closing the folder and handing it back to the manager.

          "Uhm..I have personal reasons" you responded quietly. Though he was young, he was really intimidating.

          He leaned forward, his face getting close to yours, "Confidence" he said, "Speak with confidence" He turned around and looked at all the other interns, "Since you'll be shadowing me, you better be at the top of the game. You have to show all the other interns that the game of hospitality isn't easy. You don’t need to finish this intern meeting. You start now. Lets go" he walked out

          "N-Neh" you said bowing quickly and bowed to the manager before following  Sehun out of the conference room and tried to catch up with him.

          "I'll show you the office you'll be reporting to every morning, your hours may be unpredictable so be prepared at all times. You start at 7:30am and may end as late as 10:00pm or as early at noon understand?" he took a side glance at you.

          "N-Neh" you said nodding and continued to follow him through the hotel.

          He lead you through two big doors to a large office.

         

          "You will be reporting here daily and you will follow me through the hotel doing duties. The first week you will be simply observing and depending on how much you concentrate, I may ask you to do a few things as well" Sehun looked at his watch, "I'll give you a tour of the hotel and then send you on your lunch break, then we'll go through the duties"

          "N-Neh" you said nodding and followed him out of the office. Boy this man was intimidating.

          "What did I say about confidence?" he asked turning to look behind him straight at you.

          Bowing you apologized.

          "If you want to make it in this business you need to have confidence. As nervous as you are, don’t let anyone know it and don’t you dare show it" Sehun said, "Work on it"

          "Neh" you tried to say with more confidence.

          The two of you walked through the hotel, many staff members greeting and bowing to the two of you as you walked and that made you curious. You weren't exactly sure what Oh Sehun's position was at the hotel but it seemed like he was deeply respected.

          "Sehun-shi" you started, "If you don’t mind me calling you that"

          He shook his head, " I was wondering…what exactly is your position here…?" you questioned.

          Before he could answer you  a shriek was heard and you two ran to the room from where the scream came from.

          "Miss So! Is everything alright?"  Sehun asked walking into one of the penthouse rooms.

          You saw a lady wearing a glamorous summer dress standing at her bedroom door with a furious look on her face.

          "This MAID! I went for my lunch break and came back to her trying on my new Dolce and Gabanna dress." She pointed an accused finger at the maid who was cowering in fear, "I demand you fire her!"

          You watched Sehuns facial expressions change, there was a quick look of shock on his face but soon turned to emotionless.

          "Ms. Sung is this true?" he asked the maid who shook her head vigorously.

          "A-Ani! I was only putting her laundry away!" she argued.

          "That's not what I saw when I got back!" Ms. So exclaimed looking at Sehun, "I expect her fired by the time I get back from my spa treatment." She turned to eye you down once before walking off.

          It was quiet for a while, the maid still tried to argue her case. You couldn’t believe it, some people were so cruel. You didn’t see what happened but you were pretty sure the dress was not on the maid at all, it was neatly hanging in the closet next to her.

          Sehun let out a sigh, "Ms. Sung, please pack your things and leave the hotel immediately. I expect your letter of resignation on my  desk tomorrow morning. You have the rest of the day off"

          The maid looked at him in disbelief, "Mr. Oh, Honestly!"

          "Please don’t argue with me, you know that Mrs.So's husband is a valuable partner to our hotel." Sehun said, "Let's go Mimi"

          "Neh" you said, following Sehun out. You couldn’t believe what had just happened, a maid got fired without her case being heard. That was hard, but you had to remember, this was the hospitality industry, 99% of the time, the guest was always right. The only thing you couldn’t wipe out of your mind was the look on the poor maids face and the sound of her weeping as you two left the room.

          After returning to the office, Sehun sat down and motioned for you to follow, "What you just saw is what happens almost weekly. Don’t be shocked and also, make sure you're not the victim of assumption" he said and looked at the stack of paper work he had to do.

          "We have a big banquet coming up in two weeks, as my shadow intern, you'll be helping me run it from behind the scenes. Please look through all the folders and organize them accordingly. This will be all for today, you're free to go. Please have the files organized by tomorrow when you report to me"

          "Neh, Kamsamida!" you bowed and left the room letting out a big breath. The amount of folders he gave you was tremendous. Things ranged from the guest list to food to décor and you had to get this all done in one night?

          It took you a little longer to get home today because of the files you had to carry and you told yourself you would have to go look into a professional rolling bag for future use.

          As you were exiting the hotel you bumped into someone.

          "Oh sorry!" you said bowing and looked up to a really handsome man standing in front of you. He had really big eyes and looked like a prince, an angel even. The look of innocence was all over his face.

          "Its okay, hey aren't you the new intern assigned to Oh Sehun?" he asked, "I'm Luhan" he smiled at you brightly.

          Huh? How did he know who you were?

          "Sehun was dreading your arrival when he heard that he was going to have an intern follow him around. He's worried that you'd get in his way and he kept complaining, telling the manager to pair you with up someone else. Guess that didn’t happen. By the looks of it, it looks like you'll do fine here." Luhan said and looked at his watch, "Aish, that babo's expecting me in his office in about ten minutes. I better go, nice meeting you. I'm sure we'll  talk again" He said bowing and left.

          You walked out of the hotel and let out a big breath, so this is what life was going to be like for a while. You called a taxi and started the treck back to your apartment.

          As you walked in, you noticed that all your furniture was set up already and there was a bouquet of roses on the dining room table along with  a letter.

          Hey Babe,                                                                                                                              The stuff came earlier this morning so I thought I'd get everything set up for you at home. I want to introduce you to my members soon…so I'll be bringing them over for dinner tonight okay? Well… we'll be bringing dinner cause I know you had work today and weren't prepared. I hope your day went well.                                                                                                                                     -Mark y Tuan

          Laughing at the letter you shook your head, y? That idiot. But he was your idiot so you didn’t really mind.

          Looking at your clock, you realized it was only 2pm and you still had to go through all the files that Sehun had given you. Sitting on the floor, you pulled each one out and made note of which was which. As you went through the files, your eyes started getting heavy and soon you were in a deep sleep, surrounded by papers on the floor.

          And that was how Mark found you five hours later.

          "Babe?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So I just recently got a new job..so updating has been a pain (Till I can go and purchase a laptop for myself) but its an admin job and takes up most of my day (two different managers) so I apologize for the slow updates! My next update will hopefully come Sunday at the latest!

Thanks for the support! Hwaiting! :D