Chapter 2

Love At The First Flight

Who is she? Does she work here at the airport? Or is she one of the airlines ground crew? But she doesn’t seems to wear the airport official uniforms, nor any airlines crew I’m familiar with.. Well obviously a hoodie, jeans, pair of converse doesn’t seems like a working attire here, that’s what I know.. Tiffany got her mind busy wondering about the stranger she met at the strangest situation, and in the strangest place to meet anyone. Ever since the day a stranger knock her toilet stall wall and give her some advices which miraculously could calmed her before she started her first day as flight attendance, Tiffany’s mind always wanders about the stranger identity, and how to react or what to say when she could finally met her. She even always stayed a bit longer now in the very same public toilet before disappointedly walked to the crews lounge whenever she failed to meet up with the stranger she has been wanting to met.

She just want to say thanks, the least, or buy her a coffee or something, to show the stranger how thankful she is, that her words really helped her, it even make her ‘the rookie of the month’. But the stranger never seems to passed by anymore.

Stupid Miyoung making it as a big deal! She scolds herself constantly whenever she failed to meet the stranger. Maybe she doesn’t even care about how much her words can affected others like the way it affected me..

“Why are you so worked up about this stranger anyway Tiff? Is she that cute? Is she hot?” asked Jessica one time, after she noticed how Tiffany always went missing a minute before the last briefing session and caught her walked out of the public toilet dejectedly.

“No, I don’t even see her face, but that’s beyond the reason why I wanted to personally meeting her Jessie” would always be her defense way to made sense on what she’s been doing for the past few weeks that time “She helped me and I owe her at least a thank you, I didn’t get the chance to say it before..”

But Jessica just laughed at Tiffany’s reason, finding it so childish and naïve “I don’t know with you Tiff, but sometime, people tend to just let it go, you know? Like there’s no need to greet back when someone greeted you good morning, just look at us, we always greet our passengers one by one, but not all of them greeted us back, and we just let it go. Not to mentioned a simple ‘thanks’ whenever we’re done helping them” Jessica said, trying to knock some sense in Tiffany’s mind that she shouldn’t be too worked up on the stranger thing “Beside, its probably just her one time flight. Are you going to wait for her to show up again forever? In every single day of our flight schedules? Not to mention about the possibility that she might not going to the toilet before she takes off, plus, stupid Miyoung, do you ever think about how many toilet the airport has? Do you want to wait for her in every public toilet this airport has?”

And it did knock some sense in Tiffany’s mind, so she stopped going to the public toilet just to wait for the stranger, even though not once the thought of that stranger ever leave her mind, especially before she’s about to go on her duty. Unconsciously, three months have already passed by the last time she waits for her stranger..

“Okay people, everyone in position” Senior Choi’s loud voice wake her up from her deep thoughts “Its going to be just like the other day “Don’t forget to smile whenever you interact with our passengers, always make sure everything is in its places, checked everything thoroughly, make one mistake, I’ll gladly give you a penalty, and remember kids, I love giving penalties”

“Oh she surely does” Jessica mumbled quietly, next to Tiffany, standing inside the cabin’s room, checking that everything is in their places.

“Its your fault Jessie” Tiffany said as a matter of fact-ly.

“No, its Yul’s fault, she didn’t let me to go back to my room after we’re done” Jessica tried to defend herself

“Not that you wanted to” Tiffany again, hit it right on the target, which makes Jessica twice blushed as she already was.

“And that’s why I gave you a penalty Jessica” said Senior Choi who suddenly appeared behind them “You should be happy that its me who found out and gave you only one penalty, if it’s the other senior, I believe you would already say bye bye to your career because of two mistakes you’ve made, intentionally breaking your curfew and intentionally breaking your curfew by banging your own superior which is your own company colleagues in her personal room”

“Corrected Soo, I am being banged by my superior and I happened to date that superior and I am sure I am not the only one who date among us with our own company colleagues” as Jessica said, correcting Senior Choi’s

“I have no mood to listen to whether my cousin banged or being banged by anyone, so please spare me any info about the both of you intimate sessions, I still have to see her face and her parents whenever we have family gathering and I would like to keep my mind clear and innocent whenever I saw them, an image of my cousin done THINGS must never entered my mind” Senior Choi said “And I am your Senior Choi here Jung, use that, and I’ll see you ladies as Sooyoung once we took off our uniforms, now will you excuse me, I need to supervise the others too, on your stations you two, I can smell passengers approaching” as she walked out of the plane’s crew cabin room.

“She’s so weird” Tiffany amusedly mumbled “I thought she’s so scary and strict at first, never knew she’s part of the kkab clan’s”

“Yeah, I can’t believe I actually felt jealous with her, look at her, my Yul wouldn’t like a stick, right?” mocked Jessica

“You want your second penalty already Jung?!” hissed Senior Choi while poking her head from between the curtains that separates the plane’s crew cabin room with the passengers cabin “Now get out of there you two, and do your job! Remember, smile and greet”

“So tell me, how was your date? With which one this time, that businessman or that doctor? Ooh! That government official?” asked Jessica while they were standing near to the plane’s front entrance waiting for their today’s passengers to walked in

“Dentist” answered Tiffany shortly

“You have dentist on the list?” asked Jessica surprised

“Thanks to you” Tiffany sarcastically said

“Ah you mean my dentist?” she chuckled “How is he? Totally not your type huh?”

“Its not about whether he’s mine or not, but the fact that he kept talking about my teeth what bothered me” said Tiffany honestly “I seriously thought he have es with teeth” and ridiculously

“Exactly why Yul wants me to change my dentist” said Jessica victoriously

“And you throw him to me?!” Tiffany said in disbelief

“Hey I thought he’s a good catch, like you said, you didn’t really care whether he’s your type or not, and he clearly has good future, you can’t deny that, consider me as your helping friend, ungrateful pink monster”

Tiffany scoffed “I got a highly unprofessional stupid cupid” and mumbled quietly when their first passengers about to enter the plane which then both her and Jessica automatically greets with a friendly “Good morning welcome to our flight”

But only Jessica finished the line perfectly, because Tiffany stopped in midway, when her eyes landed on the same black backpack her stranger carried weeks ago. She won’t forget that backpack, even though maybe thousands other people might have the same brand and type, but how many possibilities that two out of thousands would have the same stain on their exactly the same backpack, like her stranger?