Chapter 3

Love At The First Flight

“Thank you, and good morning too” was the first and only words they have exchanged for the whole day Tiffany realized that she’s right now on the same plane with the stranger she’s been not so secretly waiting for, until she stopped few weeks ago. And it was indirect because basically her stranger greets Jessica back, then smiled to both Jessica and her.

“Can you please, hand me the apple juice Hwang?” hissed Senior Choi irritated

“Oh s..sorry, here it is Senior Choi” Tiffany said nervously, realizing that she’s been spacing out in the middle of doing a task asked by Senior Choi to get another box of apple juice from the crew small cabin, also pantry.

“Seriously Hwang, put your mind together, this is the second time I saw you being like this, first it was earlier when the passengers boarding the plane, and yes I saw you, you didn’t greet until the 5th and 6th passengers entered, that’s not good Hwang, and the second time is now. I was just asking you to take another apple juice box and you’ve made our passenger waited too long he finally exchanged it to grape juice” said Senior Choi through her gritted teeth clearly not amused.

“What is the matter with you?” she sighed “I need you to focus, we need you to focus with us here Hwang” and reminded Tiffany sternly “One more time I’ll suspend you from duty for the next flight and you’ll only be back after the next flight schedules, you got me?”

Tiffany nodded her head in silence, agreeing and realizing that she did, made mistake.

“Now go and asked the next passengers whether they need anything else and make sure you didn’t go spacing out again, seriously” Senior Choi walked away mumbling softly on how Jessica’s hobby to space out had rubbed in to Tiffany too much and its not good at all. And Tiffany promised to herself that she owed her bestfriend apologize because Senior Choi blamed her on what she didn’t do.

And that’s when an “Excuse me” from a familiar voice startled her. She’s totally not ready for this, but she doesn’t really understand why.

“Y.. Yes? I’m sorry Miss, but this area is restricted for passengers” Tiffany tried to be smoothly calm and confident even though she felt extremely and unusually shy.

“Ah yes I know, I’m sorry but can I have warm water please? I am a bit.. Er.. airsickness?” there’s a tint of pink shades blossoming from both of the stranger’s cheeks that made Tiffany’s mind reacted suddenly. Cute. But she clenched her jaw tightly afraid that she’d unconsciously blurted it out and imagine how it feels to be suspected as a flight attendant who flirts with her passengers? No!

“I see, let me get it for you” said Tiffany putting herself back to her on duty mode “Would you like to have any meds along with your glass of water Miss?”

“Oh no, no thanks, I got it, just need the water, its just, I’m a bit hard to drink meds, that’s why I need more than a glass of water, I’ve been drinking a lot of water actually, but I haven’t had the courage to drink the meds” she huffed and pout “If only Soonkyu was around she’d know what to do” she mumbled to herself “I mean, I just.. I don’t really like it..” and the pink shades gets more visible while Tiffany had a hard time to control herself from mentally shouting at her stranger who stands in front of her on how cute and adorable she is and she got to stop because its weird, they haven’t even officially introduced themselves properly.

“Er.. Excuse me Miss.. Can I have my water now? I think I need to get back to my seat soon, the plane movement gives me this really uncomfortable feeling inside my stomach” as Tiffany’s stranger chuckled nervously. Tiffany noticed how pale her stranger got when she wiped her sweats on her forehead.

“Let me take you to your seat Miss” Tiffany said in reflex

“Oh no no, you don’t have to, I assumed you must be really busy, I can go back to my seat by my own” the stranger stubbornly said, but when the plane moved a bit rough, she know she got no other option left but to say “Okay I think I might need some help if you don’t mind”

And that brings smiles in Tiffany’s face.