Chapter One

Sweetheart Devil


“Do you think that I am really interested in him? I was just fooling around with him. I have use him only for his brain because he can help me with my studies and homework.” said Junsu, who was sitting at the school backyard with his bestfriends, Hangkyung and Siwon. They were all laughing at the treatment that Junsu was giving to the school nerd, Shim Changmin. Junsu was known through out the school as a playboy and bully. He loves to manipulate people around him for his own benefits.

In a corner not far from the backyard, a guy was crying. He was sadden by what he heard coming from Junsu’s mouth. “How could he treat me like that? He knew my feelings for him but he made use of me. I knew I’m just a nerd but I have feelings too.” thought Changmin sadly. He slowly wiped his tears and made his way to the school library where he works part time as a librarian.

Shim Changmin, 17yrs old is the school nerd. He wears thick glasses, high ankle socks and over the waist pants. He is also the school genius coz he have an IQ level of 200. He tops in the academic but in sports. He is a kind guy that will never refuse anyone who asked him for help with their studies. He realised that people made use of him only for his brain but it hurts him so much when the words came from Junsu. He had a crush on Junsu for the past two years and thought that Junsu was serious all along.

He knew now what Junsu feels towards him. “It seems that for this upcoming school prom, I will not be going coz I have no partner for the dance.” sighed Changmin to himself and carried on returning the books to the shelves. Suddenly while putting the books, a book dropped in front of him. He bends down to pick up the book and notice the title “Book to summons demons”. “Why is this kind of book doing in a school library” asked Changmin to himself.

As he was holding the book, he remembered Junsu’s words and got really mad. He decided to summon the demon. He said the chant over and over again till suddenly a smoke appeared out of nowhere. After the smoke faded, a figure was standing in front of Changmin. He was a man with slender body, long shoulder length-hair, pouty kissable lips and snow white skin. While smiling at Changmin, he said “What are the three wishes that you want me to grant you.” Changmin looked at him, still not believing what is in front of him. “What are you? asked Changmin suddenly. “Don’t you know what you just summon. You summoned me, Jaejoong the wish demon. I will grant you three wishes within six days. When the wishes are granted and six days are up, I will take the most valuable items in your life as an exchange.” said the demon smiling. Changmin decided to use the wishes since he already summoned the demon.

Without realising it, tears were dropping down Changmin’s cheek. “Why are you crying? asked the demon. Changmin wiped away the tears and said “I was sad when I remembered what happened just now. The guy I liked was just making use of me to do his homework and assignments. I really hate how I looked right now. How I wished I could changed myself to be more stylish.” The demon smirked and said “Your wish will be granted.” Jaejoong walked towards him, took off Changmin’s glasses and kissed his eyes.

Changmin was shocked by his action but suddenly realised that his vision was very clear even without his glasses. “My eyesight is back to normal now. I don’t need the glasses anymore.” said Changmin happily. Jaejoong smiled sweetly when he saw Changmin’s reaction. He always loves to see smiles on people's faces. Even though he’s a demon, he hates to see the sad look on people who summon him for wishes when their most valuable things in life were taken as an exchange.

After Changmin packs his bag and got ready to go home, Jaejoong looked at him and said “Let me bring you home with my magic because in this six days, I will be staying with you until all the wishes completed.” Changmin was shocked by what he heard and asked “will my mum see you if I take you home with me?” Jaejoong laugh out at Changmin’s question because he felt that Changmin’s expression while asking the question were adorable.

“She won’t be able to see me because I only appeared to the one who summoned me. Anyway, we’ll enter your room by the window not the door so she won’t even know that you are back home until you went down to greet her.” answered Jaejoong.

Changmin nod and slings his bag over his shoulder while Jaejoong hugs his waist and said a chant that will transport them to Changmin’s home. In a flash, a smoke cover the place and soon they are entering Changmin’s home through the window. Jaejoong placed Changmin on the bed because Changmin looked pale. He was not used to the thing that just happened and still couldn’t get over the effect. Changmin took off his bag and lied down to rest. Suddenly, he felt his bed creaked and saw that Jaejoong was also lying down next to him. He felt uncomfortable but he knows this is only for six days so he will endure.

Jaejoong knows everything that’s in Changmin’s mind and being a tease, Jaejoong turned to hug Changmin’s waist and placed his head on Changmin’s shoulder. They really looked like a couple cuddling each other. Even though he doesn’t like the feeling, Changmin still sleep through peacefully as tiredness from the day event took over. Both we asleep soundly with Jaejoong having a sweet smile on his face.


The next morning, Changmin woke up and realised that he was all alone in the room. He wondered where is Jaejoong but decided to take a bath instead. While he was showering, Jaejoong appeared next to him smiling. Changmin was shocked for a while but suddenly realised that he was and he grabbed his towel to cover his body. Jaejoong laughed and said “You do have a great body so you don’t need any workout so to just change your fashion style will do. Carry on with your shower and I’ll be waiting outside.” Jaejoong disappeared into thin air and after a while Changmin continued with his shower. He knew now that for six days, his room and life will be shared with Jaejoong and he would appear as and when he liked it. Once he was done, Changmin got dressed and went out to meet Jaejoong.

Jaejoong smiled and said “The next wish will be to train you for the prom night where both of us will go as a pair and knocked them down. The prom night are only three days away and you had to be ready before the day arrives.” Changmin nod and start to prepare for today practice.  Jaejoong taught him how to dance. He placed one hand around his waist and one hand around his shoulder. As Jaejoong was shorter than Changmin, Jaejoong’s head was under Changmin’s chin.

They were dancing to slow music and Changmin was slowly relaxing to the rhythm till he doesn’t realised that Jaejoong was actually kissing his cheeks and smelling his scent. Jaejoong was attracted to Changmin from the first time he saw him but he just kept it. He knew they only have six days with each other and then they will part ways. Changmin noticing something was wrong when he doesn’t felt Jaejoong’s presence in his arms. He opened his eyes and saw Jaejoong gone. Jaejoong had disappeared coz he’s eyes are getting teary and he doesn’t want Changmin to see it.

Changmin just went with his usual routine, getting his breakfast and prepared for school while waiting for Jaejoong to appear again when he felt like it.

What he doesn’t know that Jaejoong was actually confiding to another demon, Yoochun who was his best friend. Yoochun knows about Jaejoong’s deep secret and agreed with it. Jaejoong’s secret is that he wished to be a human instead of a demon. He wished to make people smile always and because he had a gentle heart, Yoochun agreed. But Jaejoong knew it was impossible so he just keep on wishing.


While at school. Changmin still put on his glasses and acts like everything is okay as usual. He will only change when it’s the prom night. “I will teach you soon Junsu” thought Changmin with a smirk.