V

I Choose To Love You

Sunday. It was the day I was going to kiss her. I woke up in excitement before her and Baekhyun. Heck, I even went out for a jog I was so excited. I came back, bathed, and then they finally woke up.  Baekhyun was shocked at me being the first awake but got over it and dressed for work. Woori poured us all some cereal for breakfast and we ate happily. 

 

"Woori~ I have to work today," I pouted.  "Are you going to come and visit?" 

 

"Yes yes of course of course," she said through her cereal. She gulped down a glass of water and took a deep breath. "I'll even stack shelves for you, if you need that done." 

 

"Really?!" I asked a little too enthusiastically. She raised her eyebrow in suspicion, glared at me, then continued to finish her cereal. 

 

"Maybe..." She laughed and took her bowl to the sink to wash. I quickly finished mine so I could stand with her and wash mine as well. She handed the sponge to me and began drying her bowl. When she finished, I was done cleaning my bowl and pouted. 

 

"Can you dry mine too, pleeeeease?" I begged like a puppy. She took the bowl from me and smiled. 

 

"Sit." It took me a minute to register what she was doing. But, I sat, and I looked up at her with my eyes as large as I could make them. She patted my head and laughed. "Good boy." 

 

She both cleaned and dried Baekhyun's bowl and proudly stacked all of them back in the cabinet. It was time for Baek and me to leave, so, she walked us to the door and gave us hugs goodbye. I picked her up and made her groan a little before I put her back down. I was feeling so good, that before I shut the door all the way, I poked my head back in the apartment and caught Woori's attention. 

 

"Woori," I cooed. 

 

"What?" 

 

"Oppa will work hard today." I shut the door and applauded myself. I was going to get her to call me "Oppa" and I had just initiated phase one. Baekhyun looked at me with disapproval shading his face and I jumped in place. "She's going to call me 'Oppa' now." 

 

"You just want her to call you that. Tsk." 

 

Woori showed up at the store at 11. I waved her over and gave her a quick hug. 

 

"Did you sleep some more?" I asked her while a man came up to buy some gum. She nodded and I laughed. "Sleepy head." 

 

"At least I don't snore," she snapped. 

 

"Watch out, son. A man always loses a battle of words with his woman," the man with the gum said with a dry laugh. He bowed slightly and walked out of the store. I was successfully ignoring the man's indication of Woori being my woman. She, on the other hand, marched off to go look at drinks. 

 

"Hey, Baek, is this a good sign?" I whispered. Baekhyun leaned in and flicked my forehead. 

 

"She's totally into you, Chanyeol. She's just trying to hide it because she isn't sure you feel the same way."  We stared at her from across the room and Baekhyun spoke again. "Actually, I take that back. I don't think she's an idiot. She probably understands the signs you've sent her. I guess she's either still deciding if you can commit to her or if she can commit to you." 

 

"Baekhyun, you're thinking this through way too hard."

 

"Oh? And what do you think of her situation?" 

 

"She's told me about some of her past relations with guys, and they all said they loved her but as a friend. I think she thinks I'm going to friend zone her like they did." 

 

Baekhyun patted my shoulder and sighed.  Then, he grinned brilliantly. 

 

"So, it's today?" He asked while wiggling his eyebrows. I pushed him and chuckled. 

 

"I hope so."

 

"Show her the Boyfriend Zone," he cheered. 

 

Woori came up to the register and bought a Gatorade. She walked over and put herself between me and Bakehyun while drinking her drink. After a huge gulp, she turned and glared at me sternly. 

 

"What?" I asked. I hid my nervousness. 

 

She looked away and bit her lip. "Do you... Do you really want me to call you 'Oppa?'" My jaw dropped and I collected it with my hands. Meanwhile, Baekhyun laughed. 

 

"Don't be so nervous, Woori. Girls here drop 'Oppa' like it's no big deal," Baekhyun teased. 

 

"Yeah, yeah," she groaned. She then tucked some hair behind her ear and frowned. "But... Chanyeol is my first 'Oppa.'" 

 

Baekhyun decided to tease me as he loosely threw his arm around her shoulders. 

 

"I want to be your Oppa, too," he requested. She laughed and shook his arm off of her. 

 

"Fine, whatever you want." 

 

I clicked my tongue in disgust. I knew Baekhyun was only messing with me but his timing was terrible. 

~skipping to after date/ late date scene~ 

 

"Chanyeol, thanks for today." 

 

I teasingly frowned and jutted out my bottom lip. 

 

"It wasn't good enough," I jokingly hissed. 

 

"What do you mean? I thought it was perfect!" She grabbed my hand between hers and insisted. The area was quiet, lonely, and beautiful. I only had so much time left on the date, and there she was holding my hand. I decided to make my move. 

 

In one swift move, I grabbed her waist with my free hand and pulled her against me. She gasped slightly and tried to push me away. I walked her up to the wall of a building and held her there between my chest and the brick wall. She pinched her eyebrows together and squeezed her eyes shut to pretend it wasn't happening. 

 

While I wasn't exactly enthusiastic about her rejecting my physical approach, I found her fear cute. I pulled my hand out of hers (which had been crushed between our bodies) and poked her forehead to relieve the tension in it. She blinked and finally looked up at me. 

 

"I want you to say, 'Oppa, thanks for today,'" I whispered. Her eyes grew larger and as I looked into them I saw that she understood where I was going. She began to shake in a bit of nervousness. I grabbed her shoulders to keep her still and she closed her eyes again. This time, she looked more peaceful-- as if waiting for a kiss. 

 

I mindlessly let one of my hands let go of her shoulder and cradle the back of her head in my palm. I ducked down slowly but surely in hopes she wouldn't push me away again. Our noses touched and she flinched, to which I couldn't help but smile at. Finally, I leaned in for the finishing touch. She remained stiff and motionless at first as I very gently placed my lips on hers, pulled away for a second, then, went back to kissing her.  She reached out and placed her hands on my sides and leaned in a little more.  We continued on for a few short, sweet moments and she pulled away. I watched her eyes search mine.  She wanted an explanation, but, I was hoping she could figure out the reason I kissed her by herself. Her face flushed and her eyes closed in embarrassment. I pulled her to me and held her head under my chin. 

 

"Woori~," I cooed. "I won't hurt you." 

 

"That's what they all say," she whimpered. She sounded like she was about to cry. I patted her head and continued. 

 

"But I'm not just saying it. I'm promising it." 

 

She lightly hit me and stayed in my arms while repositioning her head. 

 

"How can I know you're telling the truth?" Her voice trembled, but, she remained calm for the most part.  

 

"You can't," I sadly admitted. "But... I know I'm telling the truth. I need you to trust me, Woori. Okay?" I continued her hair and felt a nod against my chest. I giddily picked her up, spun her around, and kissed her just below her ear.  When I put her down and released her, she looked incredibly flustered. I reached out and intertwined my fingers in hers. "Let's get you home." 

 

She nodded again and we walked, hand in hand, in loud silence, all the way back to her apartment.  I would glance at her and she would blush. She would glance at me and I'd smile and continue looking forwards.  

 

Eventually, we reached her apartment.  She pulled out the key and lifted it towards the door knob. Instinctually, I grabbed her hand and pulled it away from the door. 

 

"What are you-"

 

I interrupted her with a kiss. I pulled back and peered down at her with a giant grin. 

 

"Sorry, I just can't believe I can do that now," I said ecstatically. She rolled her eyes and stepped back. 

 

"What makes you think that?" she asked. I scratched my head and frowned. "It's not like we're dating." 

 

"What?! Of course we are!" I shouted. She placed her hand over my mouth to silence me. 

 

"I don't remember being asked to be your girlfriend," she teased. 

 

Crap. 

 

I lightly bit her hand and she withdrew from silencing me. As she examined her hand, I grabbed the necklace that hung around her neck and pulled her to me. She crossed her arms and looked up at me with a stern expression. 

 

"Woori~"

 

"Yes, Chanyeol?" I jokingly cringed at her response.

 

"Can I be your Oppa?" 

 

"What does that make me, a younger sister?" 

 

"I don't think I'd kiss a younger sister," I replied. "I was thinking you could be my girlfriend."

 

"That's a nice thought," she hummed and tried to pull back. I pulled her to me, harder than before, and pressed our foreheads together. 

 

"Stop playing around," I softly ordered. She nodded and sighed. 

 

"Okay, Oppa," she whispered. I kissed her once more and she cooperated. Things were starting to heat up and I was afraid I’d lose control. Thankfully, her grandmother opened the door to interrupt us. 

 

Grandmother stared at us with unreadable eyes, but, something told me she knew it was coming. She simply smiled, greeted me, pulled Woori inside, bid me farewell and closed the door.