Missing Home

Waiting Over Time

Tao washes his face with the cold water coming from the faucet. He feels the coolness of the water and shivers in cold.

 

He sees a group of people sitting together on the grass, but Tao doesn’t know where it is but he’s somewhat familiar with it. And everything goes black but, flashes of smiles he sees every seconds. And he knows who own those smiles.

 

He sees Luhan laughing wholeheartedly that his mouth is opening wider and wider. And then someone, Tao cannot see who, throws at piece of paper in his mouth and Luhan chokes to death. Tao laughs too as Luhan struggles to breathe. And then he sees who’s beside the one who threw the piece of paper, it is Sehun who is laughing with the other he cannot see clearly. He smiles at the scene and he breathes as he closes his eyes in grasp for air. His sight goes black but he doesn’t know if he blacks out.

 

The next thing he knows is that he is standing in the front of the store and he is now wearing his uniform. It is raining and it adds to the gloominess he feels. He wants to rest but he needs to work to make a living. He just hums to enjoy himself.

 

Then someone stops in front of the board he always writes on. He looks at the guy and blinks as he recognizes the guy. It is the guy whom he saved the other week. He watches the guy as the guy writes on the board, Tao reads, “Chanyeol where are you now. I’m always here in the bookstore we built. I will wait for you.” the guy writes. Tao looks at the guy and pouts, He really is lonely.

 

The guy looks at the note he wrote and sighs. He rubs his eyes like a little kid and walks lifelessly across Tao. Tao watches him passes his way. The guy looks at Tao but it seems like he doesn’t recognize Tao because he closes his eyes and turns away to look in front of him. Tao watches his back until he disappears under the rain.

 

Tao is taken aback when he realizes that he just watched the guy and didn’t bother to lend him his umbrella. So Tao forces the colourful swirls to eat him and goes back to the time when the guy is walking pass him.

 

Tao watches him passes his way and takes his umbrella to give it to him. The guy looks at Tao and Tao walks to the guy, he touches the guy’s shoulder and the guy gives him a lazy look. Tao is taken aback at the greeting, he just hands him the umbrella and says, “Take this so you won’t be sick.”

 

But the guy doesn’t take it. Tao insists but the guy shakes his head. “You’ll be sick…” Tao warns the guy but the guy, unexpectedly and mysteriously says “I die.” He walks away from Tao and continues walking until the rain soaks him. Tao blinks at the mysterious actions of the guy. He watches the back of the guy until it disappears. He sighs.

 

“Tao!”  JunMyeon calls him and Tao turns his head to where the direction comes from. “What are you doing there? The rain will soak you!!” JunMyeon scolds him like a mother. Tao smiles a little at his concern and runs to JunMyeon who is in the store. JunMyeon tells Tao to rest, besides, a few people is coming in the store lately.

 

“Why are you there?” JunMyeon asks again and Tao shakes his head and laughs a little. “Nothing. It’s just that I saw someone who is… I don’t know… mysterious?” he says and JunMyeon an eyebrow at him. Thinking that JunMyeon won’t understand him, he just shakes his head for JunMyeon not to mind it. JunMyeon nods and lets it go.

 

JunMyeon and Tao decide to have a snack before going home. They go to the café where they met. Tao sits straight and lets JunMyeon order something. Tao looks outside and it is still raining. He places his head on his palm as he thinks of the guy earlier. He sighs and he doesn’t know why he is worried to that guy.

 

“Tao… Tao!!” JunMyeon calls for the hundredth time and finally slaps Tao’s hand so his head slips down. Tao looks at JunMyeon like he is asking him what JunMyeon’s problem is. “I was calling you but you won’t mind me.” JunMyeon pouts and Tao realizes so he apologizes.

 

JunMyeon accepts it and asks Tao what the matter is. Tao shrugs and tells to JunMyeon, “It is about the guy I saw earlier. Well, I always see him whenever I walk home and he always writes on the board. He is always sad. He’s weird; he lets himself soak in the rain. I don’t know if he wants to die but there was one time that I saved him from a passing car and I saw in his eyes that he doesn’t want to die yet. Probably, he’s just so sad. And he is the only one I know who is so depressed that he’s acting that way.” Tao explains to JunMyeon.

 

JunMyeon blinks at Tao, and looks at the raindrops outside the window pane. JunMyeon smiles a little and tells him, “Probably, that’s Baekhyun…” Then Tao looks at JunMyeon, “Woah, how do you know that the guy I’m talking about is that Baekhyun guy? Is that Baekhyun the only one who is so sad right now?” Tao mocks at him.

 

JunMyeon proves to Tao, “The guy you’re talking about is short, white but pale, and has brownish hair, am I right?” JunMyeon crosses his arms as if he wins as Tao circles his eyes on him in awe. Tao is about to ask him how he knew but JunMyeon just tells to Tao, “Let me tell you his story…”

 

JunMyeon starts, “Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, JongIn, Chanyeol, Luhan, Sehun, and I were schoolmates since we’re in middle school. The five became best friends since I am older than them except for Luhan who was always with Sehun too. It was okay for me because JongIn is my cousin as I told you.” Tao nods and JunMyeon continues, “JongIn and Kyungsoo love the rain because I remember what JongIn told me, he first met Kyungsoo under the rain. And whenever it is raining, they always play and enjoy themselves under the rain. But JongIn died so Kyungsoo didn’t have someone to be with him whenever it’s raining. Baekhyun, as his bestfriend, is the one who replaced JongIn for that one. Not in that romantic way because Baekhyun has Chanyeol.”

 

Then Tao agrees with JunMyeon, “Yes, Chanyeol. I always hear it from the guy.” Tao tells him and JunMyeon smiles because he really knows Baekhyun now.

 

“Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are always there for each other. After a year, Kyungsoo became better because of Baekhyun’s help and of course, all of us. I thought Kyungsoo will be able to love another man so I tried….” JunMyeon smiles but Tao knows that it is still painful. He just lets JunMyeon continue to what he is saying. “But no…” JunMyeon shakes his head, “JongIn is so lucky because Kyungsoo loves him even though he’s gone.”

 

“Uhm… JunMyeon hyung…” Tao asks this time for JunMyeon. “Why don’t you move on and love somebody else? Why not Baekhyun?”

 

JunMyeon laughs a little, “Tao, have you ever been in love?” JunMyeon asks and Tao straightens himself up and bows his head. He shakes his head shyly and JunMyeon chuckles at his cuteness. JunMyeon nods as he understands Tao. “I guess you won’t be able to understand me because you’ve never been in love. But I’ll tell you anyways because I know you won’t judge me.” JunMyeon is confident for that and Tao now admires JunMyeon at how mature he is.

 

“You are willing to wait for the person you love. You are willing to wait for a long time…” JunMyeon looks out the window and it starts to snow. “But not forever…” he continues.

 

“We graduated and became busier. I became a computer programmer.” JunMyeon says and Tao blinks his eyes because his job is not even related of being a programmer but he lets JunMyeon explain further, “Kyungsoo became a social  worker and an architect same as Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Luhan and Sehun became an author until now. Well JongIn…” JunMyeon stops and Tao understands. Tao is able to ask JunMyeon now, “Wait, computer programmer? But…”

 

JunMyeon knows that Tao would ask that so he continues, “Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol are architects. As an architect, Kyungsoo wants to build an orphanage; Baekhyun wants to build a library; and Chanyeol wants to build a store. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were boyfriends and decide to build a bookstore and a library at the same time because they both love books.”

 

JunMyeon explains further, “Baekhyun and Chanyeol built the bookstore we are working at.” And Tao smiles at their dream. He is caught because it’s romantic that Baekhyun and Chanyeol made their dreams into one. “Since Luhan and Sehun are authors…” JunMyeon laughs as he recalls their conversation about dreams before, “Baekhyun said that he and Chanyeol will sell books written by the two.” Tao smiles and softens at the friendship of the people around him; he wishes he has ones like them, too.

 

Then JunMyeon becomes silent and Tao senses that it is serious this time, “But something changed when Luhan and Sehun broke up.”  He says and Tao nods because he knows what happened to Luhan and Sehun since he barged in Luhan’s and Sehun’s past. “Our friendship bent a little. But… everything changed when Chanyeol died.”

 

And it hits Tao, now he knows why Baekhyun is always mumbling Chanyeol’s name and always crying. “Baekhyun changed and the others changed afterwards. Baekhyun became so depressed that he cannot handle the store anymore so with Kyungsoo’s and my decision, we bought the store so that Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s dream won’t be put into waste. We won’t know what will happen so we thought that it was the best for the store and we, somehow, were right because look, the store is still alive.” And that explains why JunMyeon and Kyungsoo are the ones holding the store.

 

“But not for Baekhyun, because Baekhyun doesn’t have something to do, he is always sad and thinks of Chanyeol. He thinks that Chanyeol is still alive and he just left Baekhyun. He is always waiting for Chanyeol.” JunMyeon says and Tao nods as he recalls what Baekhyun was writing on the board. “Chanyeol where are you now. I’m always here in the bookstore we built. I will wait for you.”

 

“Now, look, Baekhyun is the one who you are seeing. So please, if something wrong happens, can you at least help him?” JunMyeon is worried about Baekhyun and Tao sees it so he assures JunMyeon with a smile. And now, JunMyeon is relieved, he pats Tao on his shoulder and gives thanks to him.

 

Tao realizes, “You know what… your friendship has never been broken. Look at what you are doing: asking me to look after Baekhyun whenever I see him, Kyungsoo joins Baekhyun under the rain… what can you call it?” Tao assures JunMyeon and JunMyeon can do nothing but to smile and nod. Because now he knows that someone still sees the friendship in them, and it is Tao who is becoming part of their lives.

 

= = =

 

Tao looks up and finds a snow flake falling to his nose. And he remembers how he met Kris. He smiles and touches his nose. He looks at his surroundings and sees the people on their jackets and complaining at how cold it is. And now, he decides to go to the tree where he first saw Kris.

 

He sits on the bench and just stays there. He hums the music in his head and he breathes because he hasn’t seen Baekhyun for a few days, so he isn’t able to look after the guy. He closes his eyes and decides to interfere into someone’s life again and there he sees JunMyeon… Tao smiles as JunMyeon is sitting on the green grass while singing something Tao cannot hear with JunMyeon’s face derping like there’s no tomorrow. He laughs at how derp JunMyeon’s face is and he can hear that laughter fills their surroundings, he likes that.

 

Then someone asks him from behind which stops him from seeing more, “Do you know the reason why you are living? Do you know what will be the reason you will be dying?” and he is taken aback. He suddenly turns around to see who asks him the same question he asks everyone. And there he finds YiXing.

 

YiXing laughs with a dimple on his cheeks. He hits Tao on the shoulder and sits with him. Tao laughs with YiXing and moves aside to let YiXing sit beside him. “You startled me.” Tao smiles at YiXing.

 

YiXing relaxes, “I see you Tao, always looking at nowhere. Then you always ask us What is the reason why we are living and the reason why we’ll be dying… then I think it’s time for you to answer those question yourself.” YiXing says without looking at Tao.

 

Tao looks at YiXing and smiles, “I live for the time…” Tao tells YiXing and YiXing is bound in confusion. YiXing pouts because he cannot understand Tao, “What are you saying? Live for the time? How can you live for the time? You can fix watches?”  YiXing tells Tao innocently. Tao laughs at YiXing.

 

He shakes his head because YiXing won’t understand anyway. YiXing lets it go because he knows that Tao is weird so he asks instead, “Then what are you dying for?” Tao pouts and looks at the sky to think about it. And when he finds it, Tao smiles brightly, “Ah! My job! Being a security guard of the store.”

 

Then YiXing laughs his out and Tao blinks, he doesn’t know why YiXing cracks up. YiXing places his arm on Tao’s shoulder, “Do you really think it’s that simple? Do you think what you’re asking us is that literal for us?”  Then Tao blinks and asks Tao.

 

“What are you talking about? I don’t have anything to do so…” Tao laughs but sighs afterwards… “I don’t know, really. I always think about it but I don’t know.” Tao turns to YiXing, “How about you? Do you know now?”

 

YiXing laughs and tells Tao, “I’m trying to find it, just how you said it.” YiXing then smiles truthfully and Tao does it as well, “That’s why you better find it too. I’m afraid that I’ll be ahead of you.” YiXing warns Tao and Tao just laughs.

 

“There’s no need to rush.” Tao relaxes but YiXing tells the truth, “Yes there is. You better start looking for it now because you’ll never know when you are going to die.” YiXing speaks of the truth but Tao is not worried because he can see past and futures, right? Tao just nods and smiles.

 

YiXing stands up which makes Tao look at him, “Would you mind to have lunch with me?” YiXing hits Tao’s shoulder. Tao doesn’t have reason to say no so he stands up and walks with YiXing. As they are walking in the street, Tao looks at every falling snow flakes and that makes YiXing smile at his innocence.

 

Then YiXing bumps into someone and the guy falls to the ground weakly. Tao is a little befuddled because, “Baekhyun!!” YiXing shouts as he helps Baekhyun to stand up. Tao is taken aback because of Baekhyun. Baekhyun accepts his apology and bows to apologize as well, but he doesn’t speak.

 

“Baekhyun! How are you? Long time no see!” YiXing cheerfully greets and it seems like YiXing doesn’t know what happened to Baekhyun. Baekhyun just nods and walks away, and YiXing pouts because as far as he knew Baekhyun, Baekhyun is talkative and he never apologizes unless he’s really guilty about it. He thinks about what happened earlier, Baekhyun bumped him but he’s the one who fell to the ground, Baekhyun is supposed not to apologize and instead will throw the blame to YiXing but it is different now.

 

YiXing looks at Baekhyun’s back when Tao is looking at him intently, he asks Tao, “Why?” then Tao wakes up from his thoughts and asks YiXing this time, “Y-you know Baekhyun?” Tao stutters.

 

YiXing blinks, “W-well yeah of course! He’s my schoolmate since middle school. How about you? How do you know Baekhyun? You’re not in our middle school!” YiXing sounds like he’s accusing Tao for a crime.

 

“But I am working at the store they built.” Tao explains and YiXing nods. He smiles a little then Tao thinks if he’ll tell YiXing what happened to Baekhyun but he’s not in the position to tell him so he just keeps quiet.

 

Then YiXing looks at where Baekhyun went and thinks aloud, “Why is he suddenly like that?” YiXing pouts and Tao tells a little, “Maybe he has a problem or is sad.” Tao shrugs and YiXing nods.

 

They proceed to a restaurant where it sells cheaper dishes, as YiXing wants it because he’s been running out of money lately. He hasn’t found a job yet so he really needs to spend a little. “You know what YiXing, I can pay so you don’t have to pay. You still don’t have a job and I have one so really, I--“ Tao considers YiXing’s condition.

 

But YiXing says, “Aish shut up you little brat. I’m a ZHANG. Zhang YiXing, I’m the child of the owner of the bookshelves your store uses, in case you don’t know.” YiXing rolls his eyes and orders some dishes. Tao, as obedient he is, shuts up. But he can’t help but to ask YiXing.

 

“Then why don’t you just help in managing your company?” Tao asks when he learns who YiXing is. Then YiXing places his arm on the table and deadpans Tao, “You do know that I’m a , right? So I don’t want to help them, they can manage it anyway. And managing a business or so whatever isn’t my thing.” YiXing tells like the company his family owns is hell. Tao just blinks at how angry or annoyed YiXing is.

 

While YiXing and Tao are eating and talking about many things, Tao suddenly remembers what he and JunMyeon have agreed, “You know what… your friendship has never been broken. Look at what you are doing: asking me to look after Baekhyun whenever I see him, Kyungsoo joins Baekhyun under the rain… what can you call it?”  And he shakes his head at how careless he is, he saw Baekhyun earlier!!

 

He looks at YiXing who is talking non-stop and looks at him in guilt. YiXing notices it so he asks Tao what the matter is. Tao closes his eyes and, “I’m sorry YiXing!!” Tao forces the time to pull him inside the big clock that ticks so loud that it is deafening Tao’s ears. Tao breathes heavily as he goes back to the moment when YiXing bumped Baekhyun.

 

“Baekhyun!!” YiXing helps Baekhyun to stand up. Baekhyun fixes himself and bows to YiXing apologetically. Tao blinks at how beautiful Baekhyun is now that he’s observing all the little gestures Baekhyun is making. Even though Baekhyun is fragile now, Tao still can see that he’s so cute.

 

Baekhyun is about to walk away when Tao holds his hand immediately. Baekhyun and YiXing are surprised at what he is doing. YiXing blinks at Tao while Baekhyun blinks at the hand that is holding his. He remembers how Chanyeol’s big hands wrap his whenever he’s feeling cold in times like these. He slowly looks up and prays that it is Chanyeol’s but is disappointed when he sees cat eyes looking at him.

 

Tao is taken aback when Baekhyun looks in his eyes. He gulps and decides to pull away. “Uhm… i-it’s you again! D-do you remember me?” Tao manages to ask yet he stutters.

 

Baekhyun looks at Tao to recognize his face. And Tao’s heart won’t stop beating knowing that Baekhyun is examining him intently. The wind starts to blow cooler but it doesn’t send shiver down in Tao’s spine because Tao feels flushed today, yet he doesn’t know why. But when Baekhyun nods yes, he thinks he knows why.

 

He smiles but Baekhyun doesn’t see this because he starts to walk away and he doesn’t want that. “Ah wait Baekhyun!” he calls and Baekhyun stops. Baekhyun’s eyes wrinkles at how this cat-like person knows his name. Tao inhales and does what JunMyeon says, “Would you mind to go with us?” he invites Baekhyun and YiXing nudges him, mumbling, “I have no money left.”

 

But Tao, as eager as he is, he tells YiXing what he discovered, “You’re a ZHANG, and you are the one providing the furniture our bookstore needs. And don’t worry, if you don’t want to treat Baekhyun, I will treat him myself.” then he turns to Baekhyun who is now meters away from them. His eyes circle when a car accident happened in front of Baekhyun.

 

Thinking that Baekhyun is one of the victims, he is about to push the time back to where he stopped Baekhyun from walking away when YiXing holds his shoulders. Tao blinks because YiXing just stops him from travelling through time. YiXing looks at him, “Let’s go catch Baekhyun.” And YiXing runs even though his other foot is artificial. Tao wakes up from his thoughts and runs after Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun falls to the ground with his heart beating so fast, I might have died there!!! His hand falls to the ground and trembles, he huffs heavily and he just wants to pass out right now. But Tao holds his shoulders gently and carefully stands him up. “Are you hurt? We’ll get you to the hospital.” Tao offers but Baekhyun just shakes his head weakly. His arm is bleeding due to the debris of one of the cars hit him.

 

Tao notices it and offers help. He takes Baekhyun to his apartment with YiXing. YiXing is looking at Tao who’s treating Baekhyun’s wound in the arm. He eyes him with questions in his mind. But Baekhyun has Chanyeol… he thinks that Tao has no more hope to get Baekhyun’s heart.

 

Baekhyun then bids goodbye to Tao and YiXing afterwards. Tao smiles and waves his hand to Baekhyun but still, he asks for more, “Are you sure you can walk alone? I’ll walk you home.” Tao offers wholeheartedly and YiXing just wants to puke because of what Tao said. Tao is getting his hopes up and YiXing doesn’t want that because he will never.

 

Baekhyun smiles a little and it caught Tao. But Baekhyun shakes his head, “No. I can walk on my own and I have somewhere to go to first before going home.” He confesses to Tao and YiXing. Tao’s eyes circle at what he heard and gets a little worried, “But you should just rest in your home.”

 

Hearing the word home, Baekhyun sighs, “I will never be home when he’s not here.” He bids goodbye to Tao and YiXing. Tao blinks at what he just heard and YiXing thinks that Tao doesn’t understand it.

 

He hits Tao’s head and Tao pouts, “Home… home, it’s Chanyeol, dude. So don’t get your hopes up because he cannot love you when he loves someone else. Ohmygahd Tao, are you a girl just a while ago? You’re disgusting. Just eww.” YiXing rolls his eyes on Tao who acts like a wife while treating Baekhyun that way. “You know what, it’s obvious that you like him.” YiXing makes a face and Tao is taken aback.

 

“L-like…” and he flushes and YiXing pukes because he sees it.

 

Afterwards, YiXing confesses, “You know, I never like people who are blushing when something good or whatever happens to them. It’s disgusting or whatever.” YiXing says as Tao smiles like the way he smiled when he was recognized by Baekhyun. And as he remembers this, he tells Tao immediately, placing a hand on Tao’s shoulder and pats it gently, “Tao… don’t…” YiXing says and Tao is bound in puzzlement.

 

“Don’t what?” Tao asks and YiXing sighs heavily, “Don’t you dare fall in love with someone who has someone in his heart already. You’re just going to hurt yourself.” YiXing warns Tao and Tao is caught, staring at nowhere. But he doesn’t know, he’s not yet sure if he likes Baekhyun. But he feels relieved when he took care of Baekhyun. And JunMyeon told him to do so.

 

YiXing pats Tao’s shoulder, “Please, stop yourself before getting hurt. Prevention is better than cure. Even if cure in these situations are nothing but to move on, which is painful. Tao. Don’t. love. Baekhyun.” YiXing warns but Tao, Prevention, then I will not care about Baekhyun anymore then Baekhyun won’t be the same as before, so I cannot help JunMyeon hyung. So no... Tao shakes his head and YiXing just wants to hit Tao now, “I want to help.”

 

He says and YiXing cannot do something about it so he surrenders. Teenagers sure are reckless. YiXing sighs as he sees his breath through the lights in the streets. YiXing walks street to street and goes to where JunMyeon’s and Kyungsoo’s bookstore is. He smiles at how big the store is now and notices a figure who is sitting in front of the board where the people can express their feelings.

 

YiXing can tell that the guy is crying so hard that his heart almost falls. He motions to the guy and is taken aback when he sees little and puffing eyes-forming-tears and lets it down his rosy cheeks. YiXing gulps at how and what is the reason why Baekhyun is so fragile like this.

 

YiXing holds Baekhyun’s shoulders and asks Baekhyun why he is crying. Baekhyun can do nothing but to tremble his lips and letting crystals fall from his eyes. YiXing looks at Baekhyun worriedly, “Baekhyun, why are you here?” he asks instead and Baekhyun points to the board.

 

YiXing looks at the board and reads the writings on it, “Waiting for my home. Please, come back to me.” it says. YiXing looks at Baekhyun painfully yet he doesn’t know why. He doesn’t know what happened to Chanyeol and Baekhyun, and just thinks that Baekhyun and Chanyeol broke up.

 

YiXing stays there for half an hour to be with Baekhyun. Silence and cold wrap them and YiXing is starting to shiver but he hasn’t heard a word from Baekhyun, only sniffs and coughs. YiXing blinks at Baekhyun, “Baekhyun, I’ll walk you to your house.” He really says house because Chanyeol is Baekhyun’s home. And he knows that it forever will be.

 

Baekhyun shakes his head and breathes to his palms to feel warm. YiXing insists, “but you’ll freeze here.” He warns Baekhyun but Baekhyun really is hard-headed so in the end, YiXing ends up walking alone to his house, and Baekhyun ends up sitting alone in the place where their dream is, with the winds whispering at him, with darkness surrounding him, and the pain which is left in him.

 

= = =

 

Tao washes his face with the cold water coming from the faucet. He feels nothing but the coolness of the winter wrapping around him. He goes out of the bathroom and peeks through his window. He watches as the snow hits the ground.

 

And then he closes his eyes and recalls how Baekhyun recognized him. Even though Tao’s not sure if Baekhyun remembers his name, he is sure that Baekhyun will remember him because he’s helped him. And he is happy that he saved his life for the second time, as long as Baekhyun is safe and sound, he can still change the fact that JunMyeon’s friendship is entering the darkness of leaving each other.

 

Tao smiles as he recalls how fluffy Baekhyun is when he was treating Baekhyun’s arm. He describes it as fluffy and not fragile because he has this hope that he can help Baekhyun to be happy. He wants Baekhyun to smile at him, even once. He wants to see Baekhyun’s smile because he’s tired that he always see Baekhyun’s puffed eyes because of crying.

 

He is tired of seeing someone sad. And he is really curious, “Why is everyone sad?” he asks himself.

 

Is Kim JongDae happy? No, because he, too, can still feel the loneliness of their loss of Kim MinSeok.

Is Kim JunMyeon happy? No, because Kyungsoo still loves JongIn.

Is Do KyungSoo happy… That Kim JongIn left him? No, so he is lonely because he wants to be with JongIn forever.

Is Kim JongIn happy… that he left Do KyungSoo? No, so he’s sad because in the first place, he never wanted to leave Kyungsoo.

Is Luhan and Oh Sehun are in good terms now? Tao thinks it’s a yes so he guesses that Luhan and Sehun are exception.

Is Kris happy? Now that he left his father? Tao thinks it’s a no. because he’s sure that Kris knows that his father loves him so much.

Is Kris happy? That his son is not with him anymore? Of course it’s a no. but Kris is happy now that his son won’t suffer anymore.

Is YiXing happy? Tao doesn’t know because he’s never seen him smile, for real.

Is Baekhyun happy? No, it’s obvious that he’s not happy because he keeps on crying and hurting himself everyday.

Is Chanyeol happy? No one knows.

 

He shrugs and answers all of his questions as pieces of snow falls to the ground and as the clock ticks forward and forward until he finds that it’s already midnight. Tao weakly, or rather lazily, goes to his bed to sleep. Every step is important, you shouldn’t miss it. He tells but… What is he doing? He is making his own present and future when he is changing his own past. He is changing Baekhyun’s present and future when he always moves the time to save Baekhyun in danger. And it will never be the same.

 

He relaxes himself a bit and switches the lights off. And now, he is bound in darkness as he closes his eyes.

 

But there is one thing he didn’t ask himself…

 

Is Tao happy?

 

- - - - -

 

Okay, we're halfway to the story.I hope many of you can view this and consider to read this. Please please. I need readers. Bwa bwa bwa.

Thank you for reading though. and sorry for the errors in this chapter. :3

- - -silver