Prologue

Second Star to the Right

Your eyes are growing heavy, straining to stay open for long enough to finish the chapter. It hasn't been long since you'd settled down in your bed, nestling comfortably among your warm, fluffy comforter and soft pillows, set to finally read J.M Barrie's Peter Pan. You'd finished your school work a bit ahead of time and thought you could reward yourself with a bit of pleasure reading but clearly your body was not in agreement as to what should be done with this 'extra time'. You know the smarter choice would be to give in and go to sleep, to let your body have the rest it's clearly begging for but with all the responsibilities and obligations that dictate how you spend your days –responsibilities which only seem to increase as adulthood draws nearer– true 'free time' is such a luxury. You so seldom read anything other than textbooks, despite your childhood reputation of being a bookworm, you can't help but try to force yourself to wake up a little to keep going. “Just a little bit more tonight”, you think. “Who knows when the next chance will come?”

 

[AN: Two things to note:
1. Sometimes this is going to be very Peter Pan, other times, it will not.
2. 
I, very much like you in this fic, want to but never actually have read J.M Barrie's Peter Pan, so any of those moments that seem "very Peter Pan" will be based off of Disney or general knowledge of the Peter Pan story. If you have read the original... I'm sorry. I'll get to it eventually.
Thank you for reading, fellow A-Lands <3 ]