Love Someone Like You’re Fifty.

Love Stages.

“Absolutely not.”

“Appa!” Hana snaps at Sehun, who is not looking at her but at the newspaper instead. “Appa, don’t you think you’re being ridiculous right now?”

He puts the newspaper down. “I’m being ridiculous?”

“Yes, you are!” Hana cries. “Appa, you’re being too overprotective. I’m twenty-four now. I’m an adult and I can make my own decision!”

Sehun looks at his grown up daughter, her hair dyed in the most eye-catching shade of red and she’s wearing the most unacceptable piece of clothing in the universe. Sehun is very sure she can afford better clothes with the allowance he gives her. Not to mention, Luhan loves giving her extra when he thinks Sehun isn’t looking.

“Oh, really?” Sehun questions. “Then what are you doing now? If you’re so sure about it, so sure about this Park Chanyeol then why bother asking me?”

Both father and child stare at each other for seconds before Hana groans and stomps her foot as she stands up. “Because I know you’ll be mad if I don’t tell you about it!”

Luhan sighs when he steps out of the kitchen. “Kids.”

“You always say no!”

“I’m your father, I am supposed to protect you.”

“Kids.”

“I wasn’t allowed to go to my middle school trip. I wasn’t allowed to go to my best friend’s cousin’s boyfriend’s second cousin’s birthday party. Appa, I wasn’t even allowed to have sleepovers at my friend’s house!”

“Not when there were boys in the same house.”

“…. Kids.”

“It’s not like we were going to share the same bed!”

“Being in the same room is dangerous enough! I don’t need those boys being so close to you!”

“… Kids.”

“They’re not animals!”

“They might as well be!”

“KIDS!”

“LUHAN!” Sehun shouts at the same time Hana screams, “BABA!”

“Are you guys going to listen to me now?” Luhan asks, crossing his arms as he looks from his husband to his daughter. And they both look very mad. He sighs again. “You guys are so alike. What am I going to do with the both of you?”

Sehun grabs his newspaper and goes back to reading it. “You can start by supporting me and tell your daughter that the final answer is no.”

Hana rolls her eyes and falls back down onto the couch. “Or you can start by not feeding appa because all the food is getting into his head.”

Luhan bites back a smile as he stares at the scene before him, their arguments are always too adorable for him to handle. Even though Hana is adopted but Luhan can’t help but notice how similar she is with Sehun.

“Okay, Hana, I’ll say yes—“

“YES!” Hana jumps off the couch.

“HONEY!” Sehun chucks the newspaper aside and gapes at the other.

Luhan holds one finger up. “On one condition.”

“Anything!” Hana replies immediately.

“If,” Luhan pauses with a sweet smile and drops his hand, “you come back to visit every weekend—“

“Deal!”

Sehun groans and turns away. He knows he has no say in it now because he can never say no to Luhan after all.

“—and every time you come home, you have to tell appa that you love him,” Luhan finishes with a grin.

Hana is now frozen on spot, unsure of what to do or say while her eyes dart back and forth from her beloved baba to her quiet appa. Luhan knows very well that Hana loves Sehun a lot but she’s never an expressive person. He also knows that Sehun practically glows when their daughter tells him she loves him, which is rare ever since she started high school.

She takes a deep breath and goes over to Sehun. “Appa…”

Being the stubborn (and childish) person he is, Sehun looks away. “What?”

“Appa~” she coos and sits closer, hands grabbing his arm. “Appa, Hana is sorry.”

Luhan tries not to laugh because he knows Sehun is melting inside; everybody knows Hana speaking in the third person is Sehun’s weakness.

“Appa,” she leans in and presses her cheek against his arm, snuggling up to him. “Appa, Hana promises to visit every weekend.”

It doesn’t take long until Sehun cracks and he just sighs. “Fine,” he mumbles and Hana cheers.

“You are the best!” Hana says and gives Sehun a tight hug before bouncing off the couch. “Baba!” she runs to Luhan and gives him a hug too. “You are the bestest best!”

Sehun rubs his face. “I did not send you to the best university in Korea for that.”

After kissing Luhan on his cheek, Hana runs into her room, leaving the two old couple alone.

“Luhan— umph!” Luhan falls onto Sehun’s lap and Sehun sighs, wrapping his arms around the smaller male’s waist. They’re fifty but they’re still the sweetest couple in the neighborhood. “Luhan, I—“

“I know it’s hard for you.”

Sehun nods against Luhan’s back. “Very.”

“But you need to learn how to let go,” Luhan tells him, hands finding their way to Sehun’s much larger ones. They lock fingers. “She’s close to being thirty, Sehun-ah. We left our own house when we were twenty.”

“Because you know I’m not a bad person and I know you’re not a bad person,” Sehun reasons.

“Chanyeol is not a bad person too. He loves our Hana. He treasures Hana like how you treasure me. What more can you ask for?”

“She’s only twenty four.”

“Sehun, we got married when we were twenty five.”

“She’s too young—“

Luhan gets up and turns around before plopping himself back down onto Sehun’s lap. He puts his arms around the other’s neck.  “Sehun, listen to me. Hana is big enough and you have to trust her.”

“I trust her, I don’t trust Chan—“

“If you trust Hana then you should also trust her taste in men and her good judgment.”

“But I’m basically giving her away, I can’t do that.”

Luhan tilts his head slightly. “You want her to stay with us for the rest of her life?”

“I don’t mind,” Sehun replies with a shake of his head.

Luhan leans in. “I do,” he whispers against Sehun’s lips.

Just then, Hana walks out and she immediately covers her eyes before spinning around. “Eww, guys!” she groans and walks back into her room.

The old couple laughs and Sehun obviously doesn’t care about being caught again when he pulls Luhan in for a kiss.

 

 

 

“Are you sure?”

Hana spins around on her heels and gives Luhan a slight confused look. “Of course I am. Chanyeol is the most amazing—“

Luhan chuckles. “No,” he says with a wave of his hand, “I know that, I mean, your dress.”

His daughter glances down at the white lace dress she’s wearing, it ends right above her knees and it’s sleeveless. She giggles, knowing what’s wrong. “I’m sure, appa seen this dress.”

Luhan nods and rests his chin on his palm as he crosses his legs. “Mm, have he seen you in it though?”

“No.” Luhan laughs and Hana raises a finger up. “But, it’s a special day, I don’t think he’d mind.”

“Oh, Hana.”

Hana gives her father a grin and turns back to look at herself in the mirror. She fixes her hair, her red hair still vibrant as ever, and gives her dress a few pats. Luhan watches her intently, sighing softly when he realizes how time passes so fast. It has been 24 years. Hana has grown to be a beautiful young woman, a wonderful young woman and Luhan feels lucky to be part of the growing process.

“Baba, you’re staring,” Hana tells him with a soft chuckle and Luhan’s cheeks flush pink. She gives her hair one last look before making her way to her bag and pulls out the huge wedding book that once belonged to Luhan. Luhan sits up straight when he sees that book and Hana walks back to him. “I brought it,” she says as she sits down next to him. Hana flips the hard cover over. “I remember the day you handed this to me.”

Luhan chuckles. “Your 4th birthday.”

“I was so young, baba, what were you thinking, giving a kid this book?”

“I had this since I was 4 too, but the difference is, my mother gave me an empty book.”

Hana smiles at her father. “You gave me a book full of your dreams.”

“My mother’s wish was for me to have a dream. She told me, as a kid, I had a short attention span. I moved on to another toy or asked for a new one too quickly. I was just 3 but ya’know, mothers…” Luhan trails off with a soft sigh and he reaches out to hold her hand. “But my wish,” he thumbs the back of her hand lovingly, “is to let you know that dreams do come true, Hana.”

“I know,” Hana’s smile doesn’t falter. She looks down at the book as she carefully flips the pages. “This isn’t just a book full of wedding ideas or a book full of dreams, it’s a fairytale.” She chuckles at how silly she sounds and she can’t help but tear, hand trembling a little as she flips to another page. “Your love story with appa, it’s… it’s beautiful.”

“There, there,” Luhan tilts her head up by her chin and smiles at her affectionately. “And yours will be better.”

She shakes her head immediately but stops when Luhan gives her a disapproving look. She sighs. “I know you taught me not to compare. I’m not. I’m just saying that I think that your love story is one of a kind.”

Luhan laughs. “Seeing how it’s a love between two men—“

“It doesn’t matter,” Hana interrupts, gathering Luhan’s hands. “Love is love, it doesn’t matter. Baba,” she pauses and gets up from her seat before kneeling down in front of Luhan. Luhan is about to ask her to get up when she beats him to it, “I want you to know that you guys are the best parents anyone could ask for.” Hana holds Luhan’s hands tighter as she tries to fight back her tears. “Despite what others think, I think I grew up well. From the day you guys brought me back from the orphanage, from the day you guys taught me how to ride a bicycle, from the day you guys were there when I had my first break up—“

“Appa almost dragged the boy to the police station.”

“—he should,” Hana adds with a weak chuckle. “All this while, I feel loved. And I’m glad. I appreciate everything. I have two men showering me with love, what more could I ask for?”

“Three,” Luhan corrects and Hana blinks up at her father. Luhan smiles and turns the page to where little Hana drew herself in a wedding dress and a groom next to her. He points at the groom’s head with no face. “I think it’s safe to put a cut out of Chanyeol’s face here now, don’t you think?”

Hana smiles and nods in agreement.

 

 

 

Taking a deep breath, Hana tries to calm herself as she holds the bouquet of flowers in her hands before walking down the aisle. Everyone’s eyes are on her and she’s starting to get more conscious about herself, wondering if her dress is soiled or if her hair is a mess. Then, there is an arm around her waist, pulling her closer. She meets her father’s eyes, who’s boiling up at the altar as he watches, and she turns to look at Chanyeol.

“You’re beautiful,” he whispers as they continue to walk down the aisle together.

She gives him an appreciate smile and turns her head back to the front. Hana gives Sehun a look and Sehun’s face soften as though he knows Hana is telling him to relax.

Just then, ‘Here Comes the Bride’ starts playing and the attention shifts to Luhan. At that moment, even though everyone has his or her eyes on Luhan (Sehun thinks he’s the most beautiful being on earth and he’s sure Hana agrees with him on that), Sehun isn’t afraid or jealous anymore because Luhan is his.

“You’re drooling,” Hana whispers loud enough for Sehun to hear and he snaps out of it as he wipes his mouth with the back of his sleeves. Hana laughs. “Still gullible as ever, old man.”

Sehun doesn’t have time to lecture his daughter when Luhan reaches his side and links arms with his husband for 25 years. “Control your face,” Luhan orders with a soft giggle.

“We’re gathered here today to witness yet another sickeningly sweet—“

Sehun tunes Baekhyun out and leans in to whisper to Luhan’s ear. “Babe, we can afford a proper marriage officiant, why him?”

“As a very important person, I’d like Mr. Oh Sehun to pay attention and not whisper stuffs into Luhan’s ear while I make this important speech—“

“He’s my best friend,” Luhan whispers back. “He was so excited about the whole thing, I can’t say no.”

“They’re married for twenty five years and—oh, for god’s sake, I wish you guys a happy life and everyone clap so we can have cake.”

Everyone laughs but claps nonetheless and the two are left confused when they realize the speech by Baekhyun is over.

“Wait, is this the part where I kiss Luhan?” Sehun asks dumbly.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “Enjoy yourself,” the shorter male says and hops off the altar. “Where’s the cake!”

“No, wait!” Sehun grabs the microphone suddenly and everyone doesn’t move from his or her seat. “I, uhh,” he clutches the microphone a little too tight and Luhan smiles as he reaches out to touch Sehun’s hand gently. “Thank you for coming today.”

Sehun waits for a little while before continuing, “We’ve been together for twenty five years and even though I regretted not making him mine at the age of 6,” everyone laughs, “I’m still glad he’s mine now.”

“Sehun,” Luhan calls sweetly and wraps his arms around Sehun’s waist, resting his head on Sehun’s chest.

“He’s my everything,” Sehun says with a of his lips. “I tell him I love him everyday but I don’t think it’s ever enough. And mum,” he spots his mother with a tissue in her hand, patting her wet cheeks. “I never told you this but the first time we made love wasn’t after prom.”

Taeyeon gasps and Siwon chuckles as he pulls her close.

“It’s true,” Luhan adds, nodding at her.

“Okay, appa, we don’t need to know that,” Hana whispers harshly.

“And Hana,” Sehun looks over to her and she stares back. “After Luhan, Hana is the best gift I’ve received. Everyone says she’s the replica of me but I’m glad she grew up to be as beautiful as Luhan.” At that, Hana smiles and goes up to throw her arms around Sehun too.

“And lastly,” Sehun inhales, “I never thought this day would come but, Chanyeol, thank you for loving Hana and for treating her right.”

“Appa,” Hana looks up at Sehun, tears b her eyes.

“THERE I SAID IT, COME HERE AND JOIN THE FAMILY HUG BEFORE—“

Chanyeol wraps his arms around the three immediately. “Thank you, Mr. Oh.”

As everyone stands up and claps for the family, Sehun turns his head to the side so he can whisper into Chanyeol’s ear. “Please know that if you ever hurt Hana, I will make sure Hana is the last girl you ever stick yourself in to.”

“Appa!”

Chanyeol squeaks. “Okay.”

“And I don’t appreciate the fact that you’re touching my husband.”

 

 

 

At the age of 50, Sehun is still possessive of Luhan.

 

 

I know it has been ages (I actually wrote this 2 months ago) but I was too busy to update (damn you summer school). But anyways, I'm back in California, I just arrived like 3 days ago, still a lil jet-lagged. The next chapter will be the last chapter, where Sehun and Luhan will be 80. Stay tuned.

I'm prolly gonna start a new fic, this time it's single father Sehun with 3 daughters, yeap, that's right. We'll see how it goes.

## to those who left lovely comments while I was on hiatus ;; thank you. Your comments mean so much to me <3