Love Someone Like You’re Thirteen.

Love Stages.

Sehun is finishing his notes for History class when Luhan asks over Skype, “What are you going to do on your birthday?”

Sehun looks up from his book and his lips are pressed into a thin line as he shakes his head. “I don’t know. Video call you, maybe?”

Upon hearing that, Luhan laughs and Sehun thinks about how nice it would be if Luhan was here next to him instead. He closes his eyes, focusing on Luhan’s voice only. “Are you a loner? Where are your friends?”

“I have no friends,” Sehun replies without opening his eyes. Luhan sighs and that’s when Sehun’s eyes flutter open. “But to answer your question in a serious manner, my friend is in Beijing.”

“Eh, you promised.”

Sehun tilts his head, hand not releasing the pencil he has been using to write his notes. “I promised to be happy every day, which I am, when we are on Skype.”

“I cannot believe you,” Luhan grumbles and then, he looks away to do his homework. Sehun grins.

They continue doing their own stuffs for the next hour, the sound of each other’s soft breathing and pencil scratching fill their ears. They have been doing this everyday for the past two years. Not failing to video call after dinner, trying to be at home at 8 pm every single day. It’s like they’re on a study date.

“I’m done!” Luhan’s loud cheer booms through Sehun’s speaker and Sehun snorts. “You lose, again.”

“This is not a competition, Luhan.”

“You write very slow.”

Sehun lifts his head, raising an eyebrow at his best friend. “Your handwriting is ugly.”

Luhan frowns. “Hey, they’re messy but they’re not ugly! You have a girl’s handwriting!”

“You have a girl’s face,” Sehun retorts, sticking his tongue out.

“Still taller than you~” Luhan singsongs and Sehun puts a period at the end of his note. Then, he closes his notebook and puts it aside. “Done?” Luhan questions with a smirk and Sehun nods his head. “Ready?”

“You bet!”

They spend the rest of the night watching American Horror Story together. Luhan has his eyes trained on the show on full screen while Sehun on the other hand, has the Skype window occupying half of his screen so he can watch Luhan at the same time.

 

 

 

It’s Sehun’s 13th birthday and like usual, his family invites his relatives over for a huge birthday celebration. Sehun loves the food, presents and of course, compliments from the adults about how tall he has gotten but none of these are from Luhan.

“You’re going to be as tall as your father!” his uncle says, patting Sehun’s back. “Hey, Siwon! Remember when we used to laugh at how tiny you were?”

Sehun looks over to his father, who chuckles as he walks closer to them. “All of you were brats!” he jokes, pulling Sehun closer and ruffling his hair like a proud father. “But yes, I believe Sehun here is going to grow up to be a good looking man like me!”

Sehun smiles politely and glances at the clock. Then, he excuses himself and quickly runs up to his room. Once he closes his door, he immediately turns on his computer, hoping to see a message pop up from Luhan but there isn’t any. Luhan isn’t online too. Sehun pouts.

His best friend hasn’t wished him yet. Maybe he doesn’t remember?

But that isn’t possible, Luhan was the one who mentioned about his birthday just a week ago.

Sehun stares at his computer screen for about an hour, never getting up to stretch his back or even turn around because he’s afraid that he’ll miss Luhan signing in onto Skype.

At 11 pm, Sehun falls asleep in front of his computer.

At 11:30 pm, Sehun dreams of Luhan’s smile.

At 11:45 pm, Sehun wakes up due to the constant ringing of the doorbell.

Groggily standing up, he rubs his eyes and makes his way downstairs. His parents are already at the door and he can’t see who’s visiting them that late. It isn’t until his mother steps aside to let the person in that Sehun is finally wide-awake.

“Luhan?”

“Oh!” Luhan jumps at the sudden call of his name. Sehun stands there, confused as ever. “Happy Birthday, Sehun! I hope I’m not too late!”

The grandfather clock chimes loudly right after Luhan’s wish and Sehun’s parents laugh.

“Guess not!” Sehun’s father says.

 

 

 

On the 20th of April, they spend the entire day doing whatever Luhan likes because it’s his birthday. Sehun thanks God that it is a Saturday since he knows his mother won’t let him skip school just to celebrate Luhan’s birthday for the whole day.

“I can’t believe you’re going back tomorrow,” Sehun mumbles, pulling the hem of his shirt as they walk down the street.

“You can’t believe I’m here either,” Luhan adds with a soft chuckle. Then, he throws an arm over Sehun’s shoulder, who is still shorter by a few centimeters, and pulls him closer. “But eh, life is full of surprises.”

That evening, they are at the playground near Sehun’s house. Luhan has Sehun blindfolded as he asks Sehun to try to catch him. Every time Sehun falls or fails to grab Luhan, Luhan is the first to burst out laughing, having no sympathy on his best friend. When Sehun does manage to catch Luhan, they are on the ground, laughing their heart out as they clutch onto their stomach. Then, Luhan gets Sehun to push him on the swing. He teases Sehun when Sehun gets tired after a few pushes, commenting on how weak Sehun is. Sehun pushes harder just then, trying to prove how strong he can be.

“I’ll get stronger, just you wait!”

Luhan laughs. “I’m still waiting for you to grow taller, Sehun!”

When it’s dark, the both of them finally decides to head home, knowing Sehun’s parents will get worried if they’re not home for dinner.

On their way, Sehun notices how Luhan is shivering. He looks down at his shirt, mentally scolding himself for not bringing an extra jacket just so he can give it to Luhan. He does the next best thing he can think of, grabbing Luhan hand and Luhan looks over to him with a small smile. Then, Luhan reaches another hand out to trap Sehun’s hand in between his, making sure the shorter boy isn’t cold instead. Even though Luhan is in a weird position and it’s harder for him to walk but he still does it anyway, because Sehun’s hand is much colder than his. Sehun tries hard to not think about how angelic Luhan looks in such close distance.

It isn’t long until they reach Sehun’s house and the wind is blowing harder by the second. Luhan skips up the steps and hurries Sehun to open the door when he’s pulled back. A gasp escapes from Luhan’s lips and the next thing he knows, Sehun’s lips in on his. Unlike his hands, they’re warm. Luhan is trying to process what’s happening but he finds himself pressing closer to Sehun and his hands moves up Sehun’s arms. It is an innocent kiss at first but then Sehun decides to slip his wet tongue in and Luhan grips onto Sehun’s sleeves tightly before immersing himself into the sloppy kiss.

No one is thinking about how wrong this is.

No one is thinking about stopping as well.

Luhan feels Sehun cupping his cheeks and his tongue is going in deeper that Luhan feels like he’s about to explode at the intense feeling. Sehun pulls back suddenly, letting them both catch their breath as he whispers, “Sorry.”

Luhan shakes his head at first but the next minute, he slaps Sehun across the face. Sehun gapes at him as he stares back in shock. “I—sorry.”

Luhan doesn’t know what to do, or say. He wants to tell Sehun that he loves the kiss but at the same time, he’s too shy to admit. Surprisingly.

Slowly, he removes Sehun’s hand from the cheek he slapped, revealing the flushed skin. “Sorry,” he says once more before he leans in to press a kiss on Sehun’s cheek. “That was my first kiss,” Luhan whispers into Sehun’s ear and Sehun feels his heart racing.

That night, after brushing their teeth and getting ready for bed, the both of them lie under the blanket stiffly, arms barely touching each other. They can’t seem to fall asleep.

Sehun forces his eyes close first because he can’t stand the awkward silence anymore, he just wants to sleep and get over with it. He sighs inwardly; he probably just ruined their friendship. Sehun feels the bed dips on Luhan’s side but he doesn’t open his eyes. He’s afraid that he’ll be heartbroken knowing Luhan doesn’t feel comfortable sleeping next to him and decides to sleep on the floor instead.

A warm breath tickles his ear and Sehun’s face scrunches up but he doesn’t open his eyes. But when he does, he sees Luhan staring at him with his face too close that Sehun stops breathing.

“Kiss me again.”

Sehun cranes his neck to meet Luhan’s lips and they kiss for what feels like hours. Sehun isn’t sure if they’re ever going to sleep that night but he is sure that kissing Luhan and having him in his arms feel so right.

 

 

 

At the age of 13, Sehun wants to be Luhan’s first for everything.

 

 

 

Surprise update because I'm actually way ahead of schedule. I might double update this week, we'll see. I saw lots of comments about how sad the first two chapters are and I'm like "Oh my god but the beginning is where the fluff is." ...so yeah. THANKS FOR READING, COMMENTING AND SUBSCRIBING. PRAY FOR SOUTH KOREA. And, hi. <3

Oh, yes, Siwon is the father, Taeyeon is the mother.