Job

My Little Midget

I deeply apologize for the very long update! I've been so busy this summer and it has been totally good, everything that's happening I couldn't be any more thankful for!!! (And no, I ain't talking about boys xD just saying) HOPE YOU ALL HAVE FUN READING!!!


3. Job

It's already 9PM in the evening and Mark impatiently with concern waits for his spontaneous cousin Jae Young comes back. After Jackson's and Jae Young's little date, Mark was notified that she completely, without hesitation, refused charming Jackson's offer and announced to have had a job already.

A Job? Like really?! No one, not even his own mother and her's told him about it. Do they even know? Like what the hell?! It's her first day in Seoul and she's already on the racket with everything. It worries him. This is what he doesn't like about Jae Young, she's too independedent. 

Like really, what the hell is wrong with this girl?! 

After another ten more minutes of waiting, she finally arrives. The very first thing he checks is her appearance; still in her school uniform (good), then her face; still makeup less (GOOD), and then ... "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?!" he yells, dragging her in the apartment. She let out a chuckle. 

"I miss you too," she joked. "It's not funny Jae, you got me so worry. I'm in charged of you now so if anything happens to you it'll be on my conscious," he tells her, "from now on, you have to live through my rules." 

She chuckles and sits down on the couch in front of the fatherly Mark. "Alright. Throw them rules away at my face," she tells him with a smile. 

He stares at her for sometime knowing something must've been up for her to be like this. But he tries not to get distracted and goes on with the rules:

  1. School before Job
  2. Curfew at 10PM
  3. No more than 1 Hour in the bathroom
  4. No inviting friends over unless permitted
  5. MUST consult apartment owner aka Mark about whereabouts
  6. Every other Day Washing Dishes Duty
  7. Cleaning duty depends on who does the messing up
  8. No Dating until 18 years old!!!!!! 

Jae Young could only laugh at these rules, especially the last one. After a while, Mark sits down next to her and starts talking in a much calmer way. "Jae, I know things haven't been good with you and your family lately... And I'm pretty sure Jackson told you about my worries already, and you know very well that he told me about your response," he said while they both stare in the ceiling. 

"Mom is just being very stupid right now. She'll come crawling back to me again so it doesn't matter," she tells him, "Plus your charming fellow is very demanding. I would've taken it if only he didn't use flattery and flirting and stuffs like that. You know how those kind of manipulations annoys the hell out of me."

He should've known Jackson did that... Now it makes sense. "So you don't really have a job?" he asked her and she nods. "I'll apply for it," she said, "Your stupid charming fellow didn't see that "APPLY NOW" sign in his own restaurant and yet offers it to me as if I'm going to foolishly fall for him weird glowing face." 

Mark laughs, he should've known. He rumbles Jae's head and gently place it on his shoulder. "Look, I'm going to do everything that I can to support you until you get that job alright?" She nods. "And most importantly, I'm going to take care of you with all my mighty powers, and be a much better parent than your mom." He knows that's an insult... but really .... those words is something Jae needs to hear right now. 


"Like really, she said that?!?!?!" JB laughs so hard after hearing Jackson's and Jae's encounternment. "Man, I haven't met her but I love her already!" he added.

"She's a senior right?" JR asked, "Wow. I'd love to meet her," he also added. Mark just sits next to this noisy dudes smirking, and glancing at the pouting and embarrassed Jackson. "Hyung, you deserve it. You're so full of yourself," JR laugh. Jackson glares at him.

Right now, he feels very superior to her. What she did to him was simply embarrass him in his OWN cafe!!!! Like what the HELL?!?!!? He tried to explain himself but all he got was the shaking heads of disappointment and what's worst the laugh of humiliation. DAMN her to DEATH. After treating her with that much of food! Like seriously?!?!?! She's going to pay for it all!

Before he could plot more revenge in his head, Mark noticed and knew that look on his face. So while the other two were too busy laughing, Mark smacks Jackson's head with a bundle of paper and says, "Don't you even lay a piece of your air on my cousin. She hates it when people convinces her in flattery or flirty way." 

He rubs his head pouting. "ALL guys do that nowadays!" Mark smirks and takes the seat next to JB. "Jae is different okay. She's not girly or feminine. She's closer to guys than girls but really... She finds it an insult when guys, especially a narcissistic guy like you think you can manipulate her in such a way," Mark added. JB and JR smirks, "we like her more now." 

Mark ignores and continue on with the serious stuffs, "Jae's going through some family troubles right now okay? That's why she's under my wings for now because all of the people that his mom left her with didn't want to take care of another burden, especially when the mom can't even give her own daughter money to provide for herself."

"I offered her a job and she blew it," Jackson said, "So much for being appreciative." He stands up and leave.


First period didn't last that longer and so was the second and third... IT all went by really fast because of the tons of paperwork thrown at Jae's face. She was frustrated at the fact that they do this at her second day of work, but she really have no choice. She's just happy it's lunch and that's it.

Lunch is something she always look forward to because of food. She doesn't care if people eat with her, socialize and all of those stuffs. 

After awhile, Jae sits down on a circle table and happily eat her spaghetti with garlic and pineapple-orange juice, when suddenly three familiar guys flops on the seats around her. It's Yugyeom, Bam Bam and Young Jae smiling beamingly at her. She does the same too. 

"Aren't you lonely eating on your own?" Bam Bam said.

Jae shakes her head as a no, "Why would I? Lunch is simple a class period that focuses entirely on the food itself, there's no time to be wasting minutes and seconds for socializing and academic work." The boys laugh. 

"That's a very logical reason right there," Young Jae tells.

"No wonder why you're in the Science and Engineering section of the school. You talk smart," Yugyeom says with a smile. Jae stares at him for sometime then beams, "I guess so. I quite the witty one." The boys nods. 

"So, how's your classes been?" Young Jae starts a new topic. "This is your second day so it should be hard for you." 

Jae stares at him then reach into her backpack taking out a composition notebook. Inside, she takes out a hamburger folded packet and gives it to Young Jae, who confusingly stares at it but once open it, his jaw simply drops and eyes pop. "WOAH!" Bam Bam yelp in amaze. 

"95%?!?!" Yugyeom almost yells. They stare at her. "Damn, you're one smart cookie huh," Young Jae said... "It's your first test and you already got a 95 on it... ON CALCULUS?!" 

Jae chuckles, "I don't mean to brag but y'know I do best on what I am good at." The boys roll their eyes, "Nerd." Jay laughs.  "Exactly what kind of career are you pursuing?" Yugyeom asked. 

Before Jay could even speak, Young Jae had glare at her, so she swallows her food first then speaks, "I don't know. So far... I'm in this section just trying to pass the classes I need to get to a good college and perhaps decide on a major." The boys stares at her.

"So basically, you're only in this school because you want to get to a good college. But you don't have a goal?" Bam Bam remarks. Jay nods. 

"Why not have a goal? You're seem like a very responsible, independent and intelligent girl who would absolutely go far in life," Young Jae said. Jay laughs a bit then tells them, "I just seem like that."


He's been walking back and forth, back and forth in front of the school gate, uncertain if he should go in or not. If he goes in, he'll make the girls go crazy, if he doesn't... he won't remember exactly why he's out there in the first place. It took him awhile but he finally steps on the border... but also immediately retreated... but too late because a past teacher of his saw him and enthusiastically approaches the guy. 

They greet each other with unmutual feelings. Althought he teacher is delighted to see Jackson, Jackson on the other feels rather awkward. On their way to the building, Jackson's attention was distracted by the familiar face. 

Jeon Jae Young.

They make eye contact but she continues to walk towards the gate with her belongings. The teacher stops Jae and talks to her with Jackson witnessing it. "It's the middle of class hour, why are you roaming around?" he said. 

Jay, without any care to explain with words, shows a piece of paper with the attendance staff signed and excused to leave campus. The teacher excuses her and continues on with Jackson, but he has just remembers why he came to the school... To teach that young brat a lesson!!! 

"Sorry but I need to talk to her," Jackson politely excuse himself and run after Jay. He grabs her wrist and spin her around, "Yah, where do you think you're going?" 

Jay glares at him, "Out of campus." 

"What for?" 

"Why do you care? You're not Mark."

Jackson gasps silently, "So?" 

Jay shoves his hand off her and continue walking, but Jackson continues to follow. "Look I'm only here because of you," he finally tells her. 

"And why is that?" she asks plainly, then reaches in her skirt's pocket taking out a small bag of cheesebread. Jackson stares at her, "Do you like cheesebread that much?" Jay turns to him with a weirded out look, "Don't ask unnecessary questions and just get to the point Flirty Man." Jackson gasps and glares at her. They almost make it to the stop sign but Jackson had stop her from walking and seriously and intimediatingly look at her. 

Usually girls would fall over heals seeing such a hot, mad, and serious man like him but this girl just simple takes a bite of her cheesebread and look away. "You're wasting my Flirty Man. I need to go to my job," she tells him and continue walking. Jackson follows. 

"What job?!" 

"The job i'm applying for stupid."

"You said you already got a job."

"I lied."

"And made me look extremely bad in front of people."

"You deserved it."

"Oh really?! After treating you out?!" 

"It was a treat. You owed me. Don't flatter yourself, that's weird."

"What the hell is wrong with you woman?!" 

"I'm not a woman, I'm a girl." 

Jackson starts to lose his patience while this girl stays calm and fierce. SEriously. What the hell.

"Look, Mark told me how you are with flirty boys and sure I did somewhat bribed you with my looks and charms--"

"That terribly failed."

"... Yea sure. But I was just trying to help."

"Please. It didn't look like you wanted to."

"I didn't do it to flatter you."

"You did it because you were told to."

Jackson stops walking and talking. Jay turns to him with a serious. "I don't care if you did it for Mark oppa, it's for him not for me. I can the job on my own. So please, as much as I appreciate your generous help, I got this. I can take care of myself," she tells him then continues walking. 

She really has her way of making him dumbfounded. 


Confuse, humiliated and embarrased on his own... Jackson frustratingly enters his mom's cafe and takes a seat. A waitress goes to take his order nervously, one smile and she blush. All girls he meets, it may take awhile for some but most are completely and unconditionally flatter by his uncontrollable charms. Except for one. 

It's not that he hates it or anything, it just plainly confuses him. He never thought he would ever come to a point where he would be curious as to what is so not charming about him. 

"Sir, here's your order," the waitress serves him.

He looks up to her and flash that handsome smile of his, "Thank you." He notices the many number of the sudden people at the cashier and before the waitress could leave, "Hey Miss. What's happening in there?" 

"Multiple students and people are applying for the job today," she said. 

"Job? Since when were we looking for employees?"

"A week ago sir," she says. 

Before he could say anything else, he's eyes diverted to the family body of Jay who just politely bows and greet her farewell to the manager of the cafe (not his mom). He immediately stands up and approaches Jay. Before she could react, he has drag her out of the cafe. 

"What the hell?! You applied?!"

"Obviously," she obnoxiously replies. 

"Why?! I offered you the job and you couldn't have had the need to go through all those troubles!" he tells her. 

She backs away a bit, "What the hell is wrong with you?! Like who the hell are you to tell me what to do?! You're just Mark oppa's friend!" 

"I own this cafe!"

"You don't. Your mom does."

Burn. But the unreasonable and nonsensical argument didn't end there. "She's my mom! I'm her son! I have all the right to claim whatever it is that's hers."

Jay smirks, "Really? Don't you think you're a bit conceited?" Jackson yelps. "You know what this is useless. I'm leaving."

"Oh hell no," Jackson drags her back. "Not until you tell why would do that. Making me feel all useless and pretty much d--"

"Shut up." He shuts up. "Fine. I'm sorry I didn't take your offer, but can you blame me? You were bribing me with looks, what'd you thought I was just like any other girl out there who would fall for your devilish charms? That's stupid. Plus, It's not like I completely turned your offer down, I still applied."

"Still!" 

"Still your face!" she walks away after a stomp, then turns back around to yell, "I TOLD YOU I DON'T NEED YOUR STINKING HELP! I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF YOU CONCEITED FLIRTY MAN!!!!"


So what you guys thought of this chapter... lots of silly arguments ha? hahaha xD it's funny, well at least for me. love the poster! I do too! and also i sincerely apologize for not uploading recently!!!! i hope you liked the chapter! see you later! SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT ;)