How to be an amazing girlfriend

What I Want to do once I have a lover

How to be an amazing girlfriend

 

Is this part of the symptoms too?

 

Im Yoona has always pride herself for being a good-no- great sleeper. She made a career for herself for sleeping in weird places. Yoona even mastered the art of sleeping while taking a shower. But these days, even in the comfort of her air mattress and being surrounded by her comfy kkuma pillows falling asleep has been a struggle.

 

Tonight was worse than usual. No matter what position or whether she has her blanket on or off, she still couldn’t sleep. There must be something in Yuri’s kiss that is keeping her wide awake.

 

Yuri’s kiss.

 

Yoona lays her fingers softly on her lips, careful that if she touch too much the taste of Yuri’s lips might rub off. Come to think of it, it’s not like she couldn’t kiss Yuri anymore. She is her girlfriend after all.

 

Yuri’s girlfriend.

 

A slight giggle starts to build up inside of Yoona at the simple thought of it. She is Yuri’s girlfriend.

 

“That’s right, I’m Kwon Yuri’s girlfriend.”

 

The giggle had fully blown into an all out chuckle fest. If anyone could see her now, they might worry that Yoona had lost her mind.

 

“But wait…” The giggles comes to a halt when a thought dawned on Yoona. “Didn’t Yuri mention that she wants someone to text her good night? OMO!”

 

Yoona almost broke her neck while reaching for her phone.

 

“But its almost 1 am, she’s probably asleep already. I would be bothering her… Oh no…”

 

Yoona splats on her bed, the giddiness fizzled into utter disappointment. She has just been Yuri’s girlfriend for a few hours and she failed on her simple task already. How could she ever make Yuri happy now?

 

“I should take notes.”

 

  1. Make sure to greet Yuri good morning, good night and good afternoon.

 

“I should start tomorrow. No… I’ll start now.”

 

Yoona

Good morning J

 

That’s too formal… I’m her girlfriend for God’s sake.

 

Yoona

Good morning! Did you eat?

 

“Aish… Aigoo… aigoo… aigoo…” She scratches her head hoping to take out the bad ideas. This texting your girlfriend thing is harder than she thought.

 

Yoona

Good morning! I hope you had a good dream.

  I’ll see you in school.

 

A broad smile spreads in the doe eyed girl’s lips as she read her text message satisfyingly.

 

I hope you had a good dream, it’s sweet and straight to the point. It didn’t take more than a minute for her phone to beep.

 

 

Yuri

Still awake… kekeke

 

Yoona grabs on her rilakkuma pillow to muffle her screams. She read somewhere about playing hard to get, to make the other wait just a little bit to make them anticipate more.

 

She think a few seconds is long enough.

 

Yoona

You’re still awake?

 

Yuri

Yeah. This week has been hectic with the winter dance

coming along, I didn’t have a chance to study for my

college exams.

 

“Oh crap… college.”

 

Yoona

Oh sorry to bother you… kekeke…

      Talk to you tomorrow.

 

Yuri

You are never a bother. Kekeke…

Why are you still up?

 

“Because I’m thinking of you.”

 

 

Yoona

I wasn’t. I just came from the bathroom…

 

“Oh seriously?!”

 

Yoona groans from her failure.

 

Yuri

Oh okay… Good night and sweet dreams.

 

Yoona

You’re not going to sleep yet?

 

Yuri

I’ll just finish a chapter then I’ll head to bed.

 

Yoona

How about I stay up with you until you’re ready for bed?

 

Yuri

Awwww… I’m so lucky to have such a sweetie like you.

 

Yoona completely drowned in so much giddiness. The only way to get rid of it was beat the crap out of her pillow.

 

She took a deep breath, trying to figure out something to text.

 

 

Yoona

Aish… It’s no big deal.

 

“Wait what?! OMO!!!!”

 

Her panic only quadrupled when she realize she had already sent it.

 

“Argh! I sound like such a jerk!”

 

Yoona

No jk… jk… it’s a big deal. Everything about

 you is a big deal. You’re my biggest deal.

 

“You’re my biggest deal?” Yoona smacks her forehead.

 

Yuri

Thank u.

 

“Thank you? Just thank you?! Omo… I think she’s upset with me. Now what am I going to tell her?”

 

And as Yoona continue to contemplate of a good reply, she didn’t realize that she took more than 30 minutes.

 

Yuri

Yoona?

 

“Omo! I didn’t reply!”

 

 

Yoona

Yeah?

 

Yuri

I’m sorry… did I wake you?

 

Yoona

No

 

Yuri

Oh okay… I’m going to bed now. Good night.

 

Yoona

Good night

 

*

 

How come Yuri felt like she and Yoona just had an argument? The weird thing is she doesn’t even know what it’s about. Maybe she should ask Yoona if she’s mad. But what if she’s over thinking it? Yoona seems like the impatient type, it might make her more upset if she just jump randomly to conclusions.

 

This time it was Yuri sighing hopelessly. Her phone vibrating madly on her desk startled her back to reality.

 

“Yoong?”

 

“Hey Yul… I ummm…”

 

Yuri could hear Yoona breathing heavily as if the girl just ran a marathon.

 

“I just ummm… I wanted to… ahhhh… well… you know… since were ummm… dating and all. I just want to ummm… want to hear your voice before I go to sleep.”

 

The insecurities that Yuri had earlier about being a girlfriend just faded away from Yoona’s sweet confession. Yes it might came out from a series of mutters and stutters, but the point is, Yoona had manage to say it.

 

“Well ummm… that’s it.” The usual smooth talking Yoona continues to fumble “I heard your voice already. So, ahhh good night Yu-“

 

“Wait Yoong…”

 

“Ahhh yeah?”

 

“Ummmm…” Wait… what does girlfriends talk about? Yuri thought. “I ahhh… just want to ask how’s your research paper is doing?”

 

Aish… Yuri regretted it as soon as those nerdy words came out.

 

“I have a lot of work to do, but it’s gonna be okay.” Yoona says reassuringly, hoping she didn’t sound like a lazy bum trying to avoid school work.

 

“Well… that’s good to hear… if you need help, just tell me. I’ll help you with anything.”

 

“Kekeke… Thanks.”

 

“You’re welcome- okay… ummm… ahhh good night?”

 

“Yeah… ahhh…Good nig- Wait Yul?!”

 

This time it was Yoona who was trying to stay in the line.

“Yeah Yoong?”

 

“How’s your ummm studying going?”

 

“It’s ummm… doing good.”

 

It completely surprise Yoona when she heard Yuri starts to chuckle.

 

“Is everything okay?”

 

“Yeah… it’s just that I didn’t expect my first conversation with my badass girlfriend to be about school.”

 

Yoona’s lips curl into a sweet smile.

 

“Badass, huh?”

 

“Definitely. Like you’re a superhero in a making. Out to save me anytime.”

 

“Of course. Anything for my girlfriend.”

 

“I like how that sound.”

 

“My girlfriend?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

They were lock in a sweet silence, both has each other’s smile etched in their minds.

 

“You’re pretty badass too, you know?”

 

“Me?” Yuri wondered in surprise.

 

And their conversations flew from there, the nervous wall they have built had slowly chip away. Now they were talking about more than a hundred things. They went from praising each other’s badassery, to their favorite k drama otp, to their opinions of the new Jessica Jung less girls generation single. Both of them were battling to keep their eyes open, but none of them were willing to stop the conversation, not when their voices is the sweetest melodies they ever heard.

 

*

 

“Good morning…”

 

If the sight of Yuri walking towards her greets her every morning, Yoona would jump out of her bed in no time.

 

 “I’m surprised you woke up especially after staying up that late.”

 

“Of course.” Yoona flashes the endearing smile that she didn’t know she have. “First day of being Kwon Yuri’s girlfriend. It needs to be perfect. Here… let me take that.”

 

Yoona had already took Yuri’s bag before the president could even think to speak.

 

“Thanks…”

 

The blush in Yuri’s face was making Yoona smile even more.

 

“Anytime. Are the twins coming?”

 

“No. My mom is going to drop them to daycare.”

 

“Wait…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I know this might not sound so amazing, but I do have a ride.”

 

Yuri stepped back, completely at awe at how much Yoona is impressing her.

 

“Oh you do?”

 

“Yup…” Yoona motions Yuri to her bicycle.

 

“Your bike?”

 

“It’s not much but it could get us to school faster. Now hop on.”

 

Yoona takes Yuri’s arms and wraps her around her waist. If this is how having a girlfriend feels like, Yuri could sure get use to this.

 

“Hold on tight.”

 

*

 

Soshi academy was buzzing with life that Tuesday morning, but everything came to a halt when they saw President Kwon riding behind school rebel Im Yoona.

 

“Wait… what’s going on?” Asks curious school girl 1.

 

“I didn’t even know they are friends?” Says curious school girl 2.

 

“I heard they are dating.” Says gossipy girl.

 

“Naaahhh…” The students utter in disbelief, it can’t be. Not their queen.

 

But it is true… As Im Yoona and Kwon Yuri walked to school, their hands wrapped around each other.

 

“They’re looking at us.” Yuri says as a blush rise up her face.

 

“It’s okay, Yul. They are probably cursing me in their heads because I’m with you. but you’re worth it.”

 

Yuri smiles at their entwined hands.

 

“Yoong?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

Yuri leans closer to her girlfriend, not caring that the whole world was watching them and gave Yoona a peck on the lips.

 

If only Yoona could hear her heart beating through the blasting alarm.

 

“Wake up, baby… it’s time to go to school.”

 

“Wait… what?”

 

*

 

Yoona fluttered her lashes open, cringing as the eardrum breaking alarm is blasting in full mode.

 

“Huh?”

 

The time on her clock was enough to rub the sleepiness off her.

 

“OMO!!!!”

 

*

 

Yoona had never been this embarrass in her whole life. It’s the first official day of being Yuri’s girlfriend and here she is showing up late in a school assembly.

 

She tried to crawl her way to her friends, hoping that Yuri wouldn’t catch her. But when she look up at the stage to glance at her beautiful girlfriend, Yuri’s eyes were locked on hers. Poor Yoona could only gulp in fear as she sees the intimidating stare in Yuri’s presidential stare.

 

“Why are you late?”

 

“Why are you even asking, Taeng? You should ask her if she’s not late.” Hyoyeon stated.

 

“I slept late, okay?” Yoona hissed, annoyed how her friends were pissing her off this early.

 

“Why? Your regrets keeping you awake?”

 

“What regrets?”

 

“You know…” Hyoyeon spun around to face her doe eyed friend. “running away after you kissed Yuri?”

 

“Sshhhhhhhhh… why are you so loud?”

 

“I’m not loud.”

 

“Ahhhh… so that’s why Yuri look bishier than usual.OW!” Sooyoung hissed when Yoona smacks her in the back of the head. “What was that for?”

 

“Sorry…” Yoona had the sorry not sorry look. “My hand just flew.”

 

“Yeah right.”

 

Yoona scoffs back, nobody calls her girlfriend a and gets away with it. But hold on a minute… Does Sooyoung have a point? Does Yuri look ier than usual? Yoona cast a glance at Yuri, her girlfriend, yes, her girlfriend looks too serious as she browse through her notes.

 

Yoona clutch her chest, all Yuri is doing is browse through her notes, why is she making her heart go duguen duguen like this?

 

Oh God… I’m so in love, it’s not even funny.

 

*

 

Do I wait for her or do I leave?

 

The doe eyed girl contemplates as she watches her girlfriend wrapped in conversations with equally important figures in their school.

 

She could only stare down at her foot, wondering how these important peeps would do if she just joined in. Yoona was worrying too much about them, that she failed to notice how Yuri’s eyes were always on her. Yuri didn’t even pay attention to any of what the other girls are saying, not when Yoona was around her.

 

“Excuse me…” Yuri finally excused herself and walked over to Yoona. “Hi…”

 

“Oh hi…”

 

Yuri’s gorgeous lips spread into a smile, Yoona felt her cheeks burning red as she remembers that she kiss those gorgeous lips last night. NOT ONCE! BUT TWICE!

 

 “Were you waiting for me?”

 

“I… ahhh… well… ummm yeah… I just want to tell you good morning.”

 

Yuri giggles cutely.

 

“Good morning. Do you want to walk to class?”

 

“Sure.”

 

Should I hold her hand? Or should we just walk like this? Why is this dating thing more complicated than I thought?

 

“But should I take her bag?”

 

“What?” Yuri turns surprisingly at Yoona.

 

Did I say that out loud? “Ahhhh… kekeke… nothing… nothing.”

 

The two continued to walk, both of them engulfed in silence once again.

 

“Watch out…”

 

Yuri let out a cute squeal as a speeding student zooms pass her, catching her off guard. She almost fell, good thing her girlfriend has strong wrists to catch her.

“What the?!”

 

Yoona was ready to fight, no one runs over her girlfriend like that.

 

“Sorry about that!” The student apologizes.

 

Yoona narrows her eyes to see the running culprits, her own friends trying to shove her girlfriend to the side.

 

“Nice catch, Yoong.”

 

“What?”

 

Yoona quickly let go of Yuri when she realized that she was holding her too tight.

 

“Sorry… ahem… ahem…”

 

“No… thanks for catching me.”

 

“Kekeke… I have strong wrists.”

 

“You have strong everything.” Yuri points out shyly.

 

“Kekeke… Here. I’ll take your notebook.”

 

“You don’t have to Yoong, Besides my notebook is thicker than yours.”

 

“It’s nothing, I have strong wrists, remember?”

 

How about I carry your notebook, and you carry mine? Is that fair?”

 

“Fair enough.”

 

The two playfully exchanged their notebooks, but just as they were about to go on their stroll, A teacher came to take away her favorite student.

 

“Kwon Yuri…” Mrs. Kang says sweetly, before her brows stitched into one when she saw who was next to her precious Kwon Yuri.

 

“Oh Mrs. Kang, good morning.”

 

Yoona wasn’t too fond of Mrs. Kang, the doe eyed girl wasn’t fond of any teachers at all. But it’s different now, she had Yuri’s rep to worry too. She can’t have Yuri’s reputation get ruined by hanging out with a troublemaker like her.

 

“Morning, Mrs. Kang.”

 

Mrs. Kang just responded with an indignant huff.

 

“Good morning to you too, Ms. Im. Yuri…”

 

Yoona rolls her eyes with how many personalities this teacher has.

 

“I would like to finalize some matters with you regarding the winter dance.”

 

“Yes. Sure.” Yuri turns to Yoona, her twinkling eyes enough to make Yoona’s cheeks blush. “I’ll see you later in class, Yoong.”

 

“Yeah sure. See yah!”

 

The two went on opposite directions, Yuri turns around and watches Yoona walking away, turning around the corner.

 

She’s too cool, Yuri thought as Yoona walked away without even swinging a look back at her direction.

 

Here I’am, just staring at her. I can’t even look away if she’s there, but she doesn’t even look back at me. I’m so in love, its not even funny.”

 

Yuri wondered in frustration before Mrs. Kang accosted her to go faster. But if there is one thing that Yuri should know is that Yoona loses all her cool whenever Yuri is around. As soon as the coast was clear, Yoona walked back, peeping in the corner to check on Yuri.

 

“I miss her already…”

 

“I miss you too, Im Yoong.”

 

Yoona’s teeth clenched tightly, ready to snarl at the guffawing idiots behind her.

 

“So, Yoong… are you ready?”

 

“For what?”

 

“The dance, idiot.” Hyoyeon pointed out.” You and Yuri are going to get it on.”

 

“WHAT?!” the thought of her and Yuri getting it on was enough to make Yoona hyperventilate. Not that she didn’t want it, but she wouldn’t know what to do. “What do you mean get it on?”

 

“I meant get it on the dance floor, why? What were you thinking you byun?”

 

“Oh ahhh… nothing… kekeke.”

 

*

 

Is this how it’s going to be?

 

First day being girlfriends and Yoona didn’t even get a chance to talk or even see Yuri. If she was busy before, she was a heck lot busier now. It’s one thing after the other and it’s like Yuri is the only one who could do everything.

 

Yuri, the caterers called wondering what sandwich is better.

 

or Yuri the DJ wants to talk to you about the playlist.

 

or Yuri, the principal want to speak with you…

 

Yuri… Yuri… Yuri…

 

Everyone gets a chance to be with Yuri, except her. Yuri is so busy it’s like you need to make an appointment to be with her.

 

 

It wasn’t until the end of the day that Yoona finally get a chance to be with Yuri. They were sipping on their milkshakes while walking around the mall, gushing over the dresses they couldn’t buy. Yuri in particular have her eye on a gorgeous sleeveless red mini dress that Yuri would just look stunning in.

 

“So, what are you going to wear for the dance?”

 

It surprise Yoona that Yuri doesn’t seem to be as excited as she was before about the dance. An unsettling feeling starts to bubble in Yoona’s stomach, what if Yuri suddenly got bored of her? And decided how stupid it is to hangout with someone like Yoona for a special event like the winter dance.

 

“Huh? Ummm… I have this blue dress. I don’t know you remember me wearing it.”

 

Yoona remained quiet, not wanting to tell Yuri that she didn’t pay attention to her before.

 

“Oh, you’re not going to buy a new one?”

 

“Oh ummm…”

 

Yoona thought she saw hesitation in Yuri.

 

“it’s just that, I’m trying to save up for a graduation dress instead and the twins are graduating kinder too and I saw these two cute little dresses for them in the internet.” Yuri’s eyes just glowed at the thought of her twin sisters and a smile cross Yoona’s lips at the sight of Yuri.  

 

“So, ummm… I don’t really need to buy one.”

 

“Whatever you decide to wear, Yul. You’ll still manage to wow everyone.”

 

Yuri’s lips spread in a wide grin. Yoona wasn’t bluffing either, if Yuri could make her heart stop in just their school uniform, then Yoona don’t think she could manage her sanity seeing Yuri in a dress.

 

“How about you, Yoong? What are you going to wear?”

 

“I ummm… I don’t know. Clothes?”

 

“You’ll be so pretty too. No matter what you wear.” Yuri says swinging their arms as they walk. “And you’re my date.”

 

“And you’re my date. So, do you want me to come pick you up around 5?”

 

The swinging stops.

 

“Yoong, I’m sorry I have to be there an hour early. So, you don’t have to. We could just meet there.”

 

“Oh. I could come early too and help out.”

 

“No…no… I want you to enjoy the dance, you don’t have to do all those things.”

 

“But I have really strong wrists, I can help carry or do whatever.”

 

“It’s just little things here and there, you’ll just get bored.”

 

Not really… If it meant being with Yuri then there is no way she’ll be bored.

 

*

 

As much as Yoona is head over heels over Yuri, she still prefer not to listen to Yuri telling her not to come. Yoona still manage to sneak in, glancing behind from the gym doors just watching Yuri work.

 

Then, the sound of someone skipping interrupted Yoona.

 

“ummm… Sunny? Sunny?”

 

The usual perked up Sunny quickly darkened at the sight of the stick thin rebel.

 

“What you want?” She let out a growl, making her sound like a puppy pretending she could bark.

 

“I ummm… how’s Yuri doing?”

 

“She’s working, duh. Why?”

 

“Ummm… Can you give her this please?” Yoona hands Sunny a bag filled with food and goodies.

 

“And why would I do you any favor?”

 

“Because you would do anything for Yuri? And you don’t want to let Yuri starve, do you?”

 

“Good point. Fine.” She yanks the bag away from Yoona.

 

“But don’t tell her it’s from me.”

 

“Can I tell her it’s from me?”

 

This time it was Yoona who was growling.

 

“Fine. Now give it to her before she starves.”

 

Sunny’s lips curve into a vicious smile.

 

“Okay.”

 

The skipping continues.

 

*

 

“Yuri-yaaaahhhh…”

 

“Oh Sunny, you’re here.” A sense of relief washes over Yuri as she sees her trusty assistant bouncing over her way “I need to-“

 

“Yeah… yeah… Sunny waves her off. “But before that, eat first will you?”

 

“Oh thank God!” Yuri’s eyes glowed as she sees the bag full of food. She didn’t realize how famished she was until now. “You’re awesome for this, Sunny.”

 

“It’s not me, it’s that skinny brat.”

 

“Skinny brat?”

 

“Yup. Yoona… but she doesn’t want me to say that she gave it, so just pretend that I gave it to you.”

 

Yuri was smiling so hard, Sunny thought she’s going to break her cheeks.

 

“Alright.”

 

*

 

It was not until 20 minutes before the dance officially start that Yuri could feel she could breathe again. She didn’t even get a chance to change yet, but she could barely stand.

 

She’ll catch a 5 minute nap if that even make sense, but before she could lay down, a rectangular box was waiting for her with a note.

 

“You’ll look so beautiful in this.”

 

Yuri read and when she opens the box, there was a gorgeous red dress waiting for her. “Oh wow…”

 

Yuri didn’t even have to figure out who gave it to her.

 

*

 

“Should I bring her flowers? No… that’s too obvious.”

 

She and her friends always drive to dances together, they never consider themselves dateless, always reasoning out that they’re too good to be someone elses date but themselves.

 

But this dance felt different, especially since Yoona knows that she has a date now. She has a girlfriend now. Didn’t they say in the beginning that they’ll stay single forever? And wasn’t she the one who’s so adamant about it too?

 

“Guys I…”

 

“What?”

 

“I just want to say that ummm… Yuri is ummm my girlfriend now.”

 

“You jerk!” Hyoyeon yells out.

 

“What?”

 

“You’re not picking her up.”

 

“No… she’s already in school.”

 

“And what are you doing here?”

 

“Well, she told me not to come.”

 

“Since when do you listen?”

 

“W-well…”

 

Hyoyeon let out a frustrated sigh, obviously no amount of romantic animes can teach Yoona how to become a good lover.

 

*

 

There was no way, Yoona could reach out to Yuri. Yuri was all the way up in the stage while Yoona was on the bleachers along with the rest of the commoners. All the doe eyed girl could do was only watch her from below, her chest puffing proudly as she watch her girlfriend. Yuri smiles back, a smile meant for her before mouthing.

 

“You look beautiful.”

 

Yoona frowns, hoping it stops the blush in her cheeks. She thought after the program, she could finally be with Yuri but Yuri didn’t even make it down the stage and she was quickly swarmed by everyone. It was always like an all out battle between her and Yuri’s fans.

 

Yoona and her gang were busying themselves in the buffet table, that it didn’t dawn on Yoona until it was a too late that Yuri wasn’t anywhere in the gym anymore.

 

 “Where did she go?”

 

“Yoong!”

 

Her friends yell out, But Yoona was already speeding out.

 

“STOP RUNNING IM!”

 

Mrs. Kang scream to no avail, cause once Yoona starts running, there’s no point in stopping her.

 

*

 

It took Yoona almost the rest of the night to look for Yuri. She finally found her fast asleep in the couch at the president’s office. Yoona moves closer to her girlfriend, ready to nudge her awake. But this has been the most rested Yuri look in days and Yoona doesn’t care if Yuri gets mad at her for it, she would rather have Yuri rest than have her walk around looking like the world is on her shoulders.

 

She sat down on the floor, leaning her back against the couch.

 

Yoona find it so weird how she have known her all her life, yet never gave a chance to really know her. She and Yuri were classmates since they were in kindergarten and even back then, she couldn’t stand her. Yoona have always thought that Yuri was just some goody goody know it all who likes to kiss teacher’s butts. She have failed to see how hard Yuri work, how she carry all the burden in her shoulders, how much she sacrifice for the people around her. And now that she sees everything, it breaks her heart to realize that it took her this long to appreciate this amazing girl who’s always been right in front of her all along.

 

She could have been there for Yuri. They could have been friends even if they’re so different. She could have given Yuri the break she needs from her work, she could have made Yuri felt like someone wants to be her friend. Maybe they have fallen in love then and she could have showed Yuri how amazing she is. Now that she thinks of it, could have’s never amount to anything.

 

“I’m sorry I waited this long to get to know you.” Yoona whispered to the sleeping girl. “I promise I’ll always be by your side. From now on, you don’t have to do things alone. I’ll be here for you, Yuri until you get tired of me.” Yoona leans closer pressing a gentle kiss on her forehead. “But please don’t ever get tired of me. Because I don’t…” Yoona paused, unsure if she was ready to admit it. “I don’t know if I could ever make it without you.”

 

She stands up before gently lifting Yuri’s head and gently placing it on her lap. She softly brushes Yuri’s hair out of her face, before laying a soft kiss in Yuri’s lips.

 

The kiss was enough to stir Yuri awake.

“Ummm Yoong?”

 

“Hey sleepyhead? Did you have a good sleep?”

 

“The best I had as far as I could remember.”

 

Yuri place her hand on the back of Yoona’s neck and gently pulls Yoona closer to her so she could lay a sweet kiss on her lips. But one kiss wasn’t enough for Yoona as she lay her lips on Yuri again and again and again.

 

“Omo!” Yuri sits up quickly that she almost head Yoona. “The dance!”

 

“I ummm… oh yeah. It’s over two hours ago.”

 

“What?! The after care! I have to-“

 

“The Special Events Committee took care of it.”

 

“What?”

 

“You know? The phony title you have given me? I put it to good use. Keke.”

 

Yuri shuts her eyes, embarrassed how she didn’t even spend a single second with Yoona.

 

“I’m sorry Yoong, I was a terrible date.”

 

“There are more dates to come. And speaking of dates. Just wait there.”

 

Yoona rushed to her backpack and Yuri narrows her eyes wondering what Yoona is up to.

 

“What are you-“

 

“Shhhh… just watch the magic happens.”

 

Yoona starts setting up the table that made Yuri start giggling.

 

“Is this our little date?”

 

“Yup.” Yoona says as she finally put the finishing touches to their date. “and I couldn’t think of a better place.”

 

“Than my office?”

 

“It’s the place where we first met. Well, not literally but… you know.”

 

"Well, well... well... who would have imagine Im Yoong to be this romantic?"

 

"Well..." Yoona scratches her head. "Only with you."

 

“Did you ever thought that I…” Yuri asks before stopping, wondering if she wanted to know the answer.

 

“No… kekeke… did you?”

 

“No. I wasn’t expecting it to be you at all.”

 

Yoona kneels in front of Yuri.

 

“Were you disappointed?”

 

“The only thing I was disappointed about is how it took us long to get here.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Yuri brings Yoona’s face closer to her for a kiss.

 

“We are here now. It doesn’t matter anymore. Thank you, Yoona for everything. For this dress, for being with me right now.”

 

"It's ahhh nothing. I like spoiling you. Instead I should thank you."

 

"For what?"

 

"I ummm..." Yoona fiddled with their fingers, unsure of how to express everything she felt in neatly, arranged words. "I... well... for once in my life, I care about someone else. And I couldn't imagine how lucky I'am that out of all the girls in the world, I ended up liking you. Someone so amazing, someone so perfect falling for a fail like me."

 

"Yoong?"

 

"That was pretty cheesy, huh?I think I'm still quite a lousy girlfriend, but give it time, Yul. I'll be the kind of girl you'll be proud of."

 

"You're amazing..."

 

Yuri press their lips once again, knowing no amount of thank you would ever be enough.

 

“We didn’t get to dance.”

 

“Are you disappointed?” A mischievous twinkle spark in Yuri’s eyes.

 

“No… but maybe you are cause you didn’t get to see my awesome dance moves.”

 

“You’re my girlfriend now. So, I can make you dance any time I want.”

 

Yoona wags a finger at her.

 

Yoona softly caresses Yuri’s face, before leaning closer. “I think this is much better.”

 

And Yuri couldn’t agree with Yoona more. Who needs dancing when kissing feels this good?

 

“Much better.”

 

TBC

 

I want to apologize for taking too long to update. Sometimes, life just gets in the way... But I hope you guys enjoy the chapter. There are 2 more chapters to go before I end this story. Hopefully I could update it before the year ends... kekeekeke. Thank you again!