The twinkle in our stars

Just Love Me Already (abandoned)

I'm so sorry for taking a long time to update for this fic and for any fic in that matter. I hope you guys enjoy the update and thank you so much for taking the time to read. 

 

Lost in Space 

 

4:25 am

 

“W-what do you want?”

 

It would have been probably safer decision if Yuri would have asked who was behind the door before opening it. But at 4:25 am and she was barely conscious when the incessant knocks on her door woke her up, now she up on her feet zombieing her way to the door.

 

Thank goodness it was just Taeyeon, the giant girl’s little slave standing on her doorstep.

 

“Taeyeon… it’s 4 am, what are you doing in my house?”

 

Even with only the dim light shining on them, Taeyeon’s face show hints of how exhausted she is. And a part of Yuri couldn’t help but feel sorry for her, taking care of the biggest idiot in the world must be the world’s most stressful job.

 

“Yuri… just hear me out first. You know the situation with you and Yoona is kinda stressing me and Sunny out.”

 

Yuri scoffed inwardly, does Taeyeon even have any idea how completely demented her partner is?

 

“You think you’re the only one?”

 

“I know how this situation looks like but it couldn’t get any worse, right? But anyways, me and Sunny thought long and hard about this, and since Yoona’s reputation and her status is the first thing we needed to protect, we ahem… ahem…”

 

“Ahem ahem… what?”

 

 

Taeyeon in a huge gulp of breath and the silence was enough to drive Yuri crazy.

 

“What did you and Sunny decided?”

 

“That the netizens might have a lesser chance of finding out about it, if you live in our place.”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

If Yuri was sleepy earlier, it was all gone by the time Taeyeon said that.

 

“I know… I know…” Taeyeon raised her hands, gesturing the hot tempered girl to calm down.

 

“You came to my house at 4 am to tell me that?”

 

“Shhh… shhh… You don’t know who’s watching… that’s why we did it early because we want to do it as discreetly as possible.”

 

“What if I don’t do it?”

 

“Well… you don’t want to know the answer to that.”

 

Yuri narrowed her eyes, did this little kid think she could push her to the corner? Well… she was dead wrong.

 

“Good night! Good morning! Goodbye Taeng!”

 

“Don’t do it, Yul or you’ll regret this.”

 

Yuri huffed angrily before shutting the door behind her. If Taeyeon thinks she could scare her with regrets, then she’s dead wrong. Yuri was the stupid idiot that had fallen in love with Im Yoona. And for her, there is nothing in this world she regret than that.

 

*

 

After 20 minutes….

 

“Wha-“

 

Yuri was expecting her alarm to be the one that woke her up but when she checked her phone, it was no other than Taeyeon bugging her so early in the morning.

 

“What now?”

 

“Morning Yul… I’m at your door, can you open it please?”

 

Yuri grumbled all the way to the door, she was already a grumpy person, waking her up this early just made it worse.

 

“What is i- WHAT THE HECK ARE ALL THIS?!!!!!!”

 

If she was just grumpy earlier, right now, she’s down right pissed as she watched Taeyeon and Sunny carrying loads of boxes inside her rooftop apartment.

 

“Taeyeon!!! What’s the meaning of all this?”

 

“Well… since you don’t want to move to Yoona’s house, we decided to move Yoona with you.”

 

“WHAT?! YOU CAN’T DO THAT!” Yuri yelled out, pulling her hair in irritation.

 

“Actually we can.” Sunny interrupted. “At 6 am today, Yoona just purchased your entire apartment. Everything belongs to her now. Let’s just call it her new business venture.”

 

“This is a one bedroom apartment. Where on Earth is she going to sleep?”
 

 

“Don’t worry, she has a queen size bed, you both can fit in it.”

 


“NO WAY!!!!”

 

“YES WAY… tenant… ”

 

Yuri storms to her bedroom, trying to suffocate her screams on her pillow. When she felt that she had screamed her lungs out, she walks back into the living room, where the two elves are busy rearranging the entire room.

 

“Where is that idiot anyway?”

 

“Oh… thanks for reminding us, she’s inside the van downstairs. Your wife just came from a grueling schedule. Why don’t you wake her up with a kiss?”

 

Sunny said like it was so funny.

 

“How about I kiss her with a shovel?!”

 

“As long as you kiss her boo boo away it will be okay.” Sunny flashes her wink.

 

“Oh hush!”

 

*

 

Yuri exhaled shakily, shaking of all the bad vibes that is already taking her over this early. She should just leave Yoona here, she’ll be okay.

 

But the small part of Yuri reminded her how the idol hated being alone. Yuri could imagine those doe eyes just filled with so much worry when she wakes up and no one is around her.

 

“Why do I do this?”

 

Yuri went in the van, shutting the van door as quietly as possible. It wasn’t hard to spot Yoona, she was curled up so comfortably like a cute baby animal.

 

“Yoo-“

 

Yuri thought she was immune to Im Yoona, but here she was again, completely stunned at sight of her. It would be a sin to wake up something that look this precious. Yoona still look like an angel, albeit a tired one.  

 

“What’s been stressing you?” Yuri asked, a question she wouldn’t dare ask Yoona out loud. She could visibly see the young girl shivering and the kinder side of Yuri, the part that always loves Yoona, quickly patted around the dark van for something to cover the idol up. She spotted a blanket pinned underneath Yoona. A light tug and she was able to get it out from under the girl.

 

“Huh?” Yuri wondered in surprise as she saw the Rilakkuma blanket. “You still have this?”

 

 She covers Yoona, a small smile tugging at the end of her lips as she Yoona looked so contented. Yuri caught herself and quickly frown before the small smile breaks out into a goofy grin. Her feelings for the idol have been flip flopping lately, from intense dislike to contented smiles and Yuri hated it. Being Yoona’s anti fan was much easier than being so wishy washy like she has become.

 

 

“You look cuter in the dark.” Yuri joked lightly, before gently poking the other girl in the cheek, gentle enough not to wake the other girl.

 

Yuri’s whole body stilled as Yoona started to move around, plopping her head on Yuri’s lap.

 

“So fluffy…” Yoona mumbles as she buried herself in Yuri’s lap.

 

“FLUFFY?! WHY YOU-“ But seeing Yoona so peaceful mummed Yuri, and the hot tempered girl just exhaled deeply before deciding to surrender. “Fine… but just for now.”

 

She answered back to where the idol just mewls in reply.

 

*

 

Someone poking her in the face…

 

Yuri’s eyes squints, trying to figure out if the pokes is coming from her dream or reality. She pop one eye open and caught the doe eyed culprit who was eagerly poking her cheek.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

 

Yoona knew she was caught quickly feign ignorance and pretended to sleep.

 

*

 

“Wait… where am I? What am I doing here?”

 

Yoona started walking around Yuri’s humble abode, wondering why she’s in this house that as big as her closet.

 

“Yoona calm down…”

 

But Taeyeon’s plea fell on deaf ears as Yoona became more frantic.

 

“WHAT HAPPENED TO MY HOUSE?! WAIT… THIS IS YOUR HOUSE! ARE YOU?! ARE YOU KIDNAPPING ME?!”

 

“HECK NOOOOO!!!!!”

 

“It’s okay Yuri if you kidnap me.” Yoona reassured her alleged kidnapper “I won’t try to run away, I’ll even stay with you even after I give you a ransom.”

 

“Sometimes I wonder what goes inside that head of yours.”

 

Yoona’s doe eyes just blinked.

 

“Then why am I here?”

 

“Yoona… Yoona calm down… “ Taeyeon waved her hands around, causing the idol to become more frantic. “

 

“Unnie? Did you kidnap me too?”

 

“No one kidnap you, Yoong. We ummm… me and Sunny decided that maybe it would be ummm… safer for your career if you and Yuri live in one place.”

 

“But why here? Why not in my house?!”

 

“I don’t have plans to move anywhere with you.” Yuri admitted. “If ever we did get married, then we’ll live separately.”

 

“But why?! Why can’t you live with me?”

 

“Well… Yoona… You’re living with Yuri now. A good renovation and this apartment will look kinda cool. Retro-ish and stuff.” Sunny reassured her.

 

“But wait… there is only one bedroom. Where are you unnies going to stay?”

 

Sunny and Taeyeon just shared a sneaky smile at each other, a smile that Yuri caught quickly.

 

“Hey… what does that mean?”

 

*

 

Yojeumttara naekkeoin deut naekkeo anin naekkeo gateun neo
Nikkeoin deut nikkeo anin nikkeo gateun na
Ige museun saiin geonji sasil hetgallyeo muttukttukhage guljima
Yeoninin deut yeonin anin yeonin gateun neo!!!!

 

This was harder than Yuri had ever thought. She thought that all she needs to do is stay away from Yoona’s way as the other girl lives in her place.

 

But how could she when the girl is screaming or singing in the shower as loud as this?! How on Earth did her solo album got a platinum was beyond her.

 

“Yoona!!!” Yuri bangs on the bathroom door, determine to shut the girl out.

 

“What?! What?!”

 

“Can you try not to be so loud please?!”

 

Before Yuri had the chance to reply the door opens. Freezing Yuri on the spot as she saw Yoona stepping out of the shower with only just a towel draped around her.

 

“What are you doing? Where are your clothes?”

 

“In my bedroom!”

 

“What?!”

 

“Silly me…” Yoona giggles so cutely, Yuri believes she’s having an allergy. “Our bedroom.”

 

“No way! I’m not sharing my room with you!”

 

“But you only have one bedroom where am I suppose to sleep?!”

 

Yuri could hear her teeth clattering in anger. They were just living together for less than a half a day and the girl could already infuriate her to death.

 

“Fine! FINE! Sleep there! I’ll just go sleep on the couch.”

 

*

 

“YURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIII, I’M HUNGRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.”

 

This was the second time in an hour that Yoona asked her that. Now that Yuri thought about it, other than Yoona’s unusual hunger pangs, Yoona mostly kept to herself in their- she meant her former bedroom.

 

“Why can’t you get it for yourself?” Yuri asked leaning by the door as she sees Yoona so glued to her laptop.

 

“Shhhhh… I’m in my zone.”

 

“What are you even doing?”

 

“I’m writing this fanfic.”

 

Yuri raised her brow curiously. Yoona can write?

 

“Fanfic?”

 

“Yes.. you know like a fic by a fan.”

 

“Oh… I didn’t know that.” Yuri rolled her eyes sarcastically, she stared at the other girl who seem so immersed with her fic.

 

“So, what’s the fic about?”

 

“Well.. it’s about this sweet, generous, beautiful, caring, kind and super adorable idol.”

 

Just hearing Yoona’s endless self praise, automatically made Yuri’s eye roll.

 

“Who got entangled in this love hate romance with a mean, sarcastic, frowny faced, did I already said mean?”

 

“Yes you did.” Yuri grunted angrily.

 

“Well meanie… who sells fried chi-“

 

Yuri lowers her book, her eyes narrowing at Yoona, the idol’s eyes widens when she realize how she almost let it slip.

 

“Fried squid.”

 

“Fried squid?”

 

“Yes… this mean person sells fried squid.”

 

“What’s this mean person’s name?”

 

“Ummm- ahhhh- I’m not using another idol. I’m using my OC.”

 

“OC?”

 

Original Character.”

 

“So, what’s this original character name?”

 

“Well… ummm… Juri?”

 

Wow… how original can Yoona get?

 

“JURI? The person’s name is Juri?”

 

Yoona turned her gaze upward, trying to avoid the look of fury in Yuri’s eyes.

 

“So, what’s the idol’s name?”

 

“Well… the fanfic is about me… so, her name is Yoona.”

 

“You are writing a fanfic about yourself?”

 

“I’m a fan of myself. That’s the greatest love of all.”

 

“What? writing fanfic for yourself?”

 

“No… learning to love yourself, is the greatest love of all.”

 

Yuri shuts herself.

 

“Don’t assume Yuri, this story is not about you and me.”

 

“I’m not assuming at all.”

 

Yuri responded getting back to her book before she got entangled into more love hate relationship with the idol.

 

“So, what are you reading?”

 

“It’s called a book.” Yuri answered, hoping Yoona could get the sarcasm behind it.

 

“I mean what is the book about?”

 

“It’s called Fault in our stars. It’s an old book, but I never get a chance to read it. They both have cancer, I know one of them is going to die, but I’m still figuring out who.”

 

Now it was Yoona’s turn to raise her brow.

 

“Why would you read something as depressing as that? You should read my fanfic. It’s very fluffy and most of my comments said I’m a genius because I’m so funny.”

 

“Your readers must not read anything else then.” But a certain feeling of curiosity stirred inside of Yuri “Fine… let me read your fanfic.”

 

“Oh on second thought… Maybe you shouldn’t.”

 

“And why not?”

 

“You have to subscribe.”

 

“Why can’t you just let me read it now?”

 

“Not unless you subscribe.”

 

“Where do you even post it?”

 

“I’m not going to tell you.” Yoona said with a satisfied look on her face. “All I’m going to say is that I go to a lot of ual networking sites so you might have a hard time finding me.”

 

ual networking sites?

 

“SOCIAL! YOONA!” Yuri corrected the girl. “THEY ARE CALLED SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES!”

 

“Oh yeah that… keke. So, can you please bring me my dinner?”

 

“You had dinner an hour ago.”

 

“That was pre dinner. Now it’s time for dinner.”

 

“Make it yourself!”


Yuri yells out before walking back to the living room. She couldn’t believe this, the girl has now taken over her entire house and now she wants to make her a maid?

 

Yuri just huffs madly, plopping on her couch before tearing her book open.

 

“Who cares if she’s hungry? Let her starve to death!”

 

*

 

So, this is where it’s going to end. Yuri mentally facepalm herself as she’s holding a tray of food for Yoona. Isn’t she supposed to stay strong?

 

Yuri walks in and scoffs as she sees Yoona snoring loudly, with her laptop right next to her.

 

“Geez this kid.”

 

Yuri pulls the laptop off Yoona, and was about to set it down on the table, when she saw that the laptop screen was still open to the twinkle in our stars.

 

“Hmmmp… let’s see how good this story is.”

 

Yuri slumps down on the floor, resting her back on the bed as she scroll through the story. She was surprise to learn that Yoona could actually write. It provides a humorous look to how this idol Yoona sees the world, it also described Juri to a tee. (the dark skinned, raven haired girl was obviously based on her).

 

The story made her chuckle a couple of times, until she got to the part of Juri’s birthday party.

 

She raised her head, trying to see if Yoona was awake, but the girl was still dead asleep. Yuri took it as a chance to finally read what this is all about.

 

 

I raced to the party, I know she told me no gifts but I didn’t listen. I know she was obsessed with cooking so I got her this set of pots and pans, I’m so excited to see how her reaction would be when she sees it.

 

But when I stepped in, she didn’t even look at me. I thought that maybe she was just too busy, it was her party after all.

 

“Don’t you have somewhere else to go?”

 

That was the first thing she asked me, and I was left stammering for words. She didn’t have the patience with me to figure out what to say and walked away before I could answer her.

 

I wished she could have told me what I did wrong… Was it because I was late? Was it because I brought a gift when she told me not to?

 

*

 

Yuri quickly put away the laptop before it unearth anymore of the hurt that she painstakingly buried inside her. She ends up racing to the rooftop, hoping that some fresh air could clear both her mind and heart. 

 

Does Yoona really have any idea what happened? Like what she had done and what lead them here?

 

But maybe this is all for the best right? They wouldn’t last anyway, with Yoona’s popularity just skyrocketing at record breaking speed, what chance does she even have?

 

“It’s better this way, Yoong. Trust me.”

 

“What’s better?”

 

“Wha-?!”

 

Yuri turns around and almost jump off the roof as she sees Yoona walking on the rooftop, rubbing the sleepiness out of her eyes.

 

“Nothing… Pffft...”

 

The two looks out, there was not much view to Yuri’s apartment unlike Yoona’s penthouse that could virtually see the entire South Korea skyline. But somehow both of them felt quite contented with this.

 

“So, what’s the title of your fanfic?”

 

“Ummm… the twinkle in our stars.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yup.” Yoona smiles proudly.

 

“So, why did you name your story that?” Yuri wonders.

 

“You know that the star is just this huge ball filled with gas, right?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Because Yoona is a star.”

 

Yuri sighs heavily, why did she even think it meant something deeper?

 

"Oh really?"

 

"Yeah... but you know that a star is just this huge ball filled with gas right? And the galaxy is filled them. But even if Yoona, my character not me, have doubts, Juri always assured her and made her feel that the way she twinkle is different compared to others, that she was special."

 

Yuri finds herself listening so intently to every word that Yoona says.

 

"But Yuri decides to leave and now Yoona felt like she's forever lost in space."

 

Yuri quickly notices the slip but decided not to correct Yoona about it.

 

“Ummm- I thought it was fluff?”

 

“I’m still thinking of how it ends.”

 

“You don’t think they’ll end up together?”

 

Yoona gazes up in the sky, who knows that on this rooftop apartment, she could finally find herself again.

 

“I think they will.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes. I never lost faith in both of them. Do you?”

 

Yuri gulps nervously from Yoona's question, before managing to reply.

 

"Yes."

 

"By the way, Yuri..."

 

"What?"

 

"The guy died in the end."

 

"WHAT?!"

 

This is so typical of Yoona, just when they were slowly becoming friends, she would do or say something so completely crazy that never fail to drive Yuri nuts.

 

"I didnt finish the book! Why on Earth are you telling me this?!"

 

Yoona curls herself in a ball from Yuri's ranting.

 

"Because I don't want you to get your heartbroken."

 

"Shut up, Yoona."

 

"Maybe shut up will be our always."

 

Yuri just raised her hands in defeat.

 

"Shut up?"

 

"Shut up."

 

*

 

“Yuri?”

 

Yuri covers her head with a pillow, trying to block out Yoona's incessant screeching for her.

 

“Yuri?”

 

Yuri shuts her eyes, but she could sense Yoona walking out of the bedroom.

 

“Yuri? Are you asleep?”

 

Snoring…

 

It suddenly got quiet and Yuri thought Yoona had finally given up and is about to walk back in the bedroom. But to Yuri’s surprise, she felt the couch dipped and when she opens her eyes, there is idiot lying next to her.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

 

“I THOUGHT YOU ARE ASLEEP!”

 

“I WAS BUT YOUR SCREECHING WOKE ME UP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

 

Yoona pouts, fluttering those doe eyes to hopefully charm Yuri.

 

“I’m scared, Yuri.”

 

“Of what?”

 

“Whenever I move to a new place, I can’t sleep. What if there are ghosts?”

 

“There is none!”

 

“Can I just stay here with you?!”

 

“Fine!” Yuri bounces up from her couch, dragging Yoona back to the bedroom. “Let’s go!”

 

*

 

“Yuri?”

 

“Go to sleep… Yoona.”

 

“Yuri?!”

 

Yuri could only groan, she’s already sleeping on the mat next to the bed. What more does Yoona want?

 

“Yulbae?”

 

The doe eyed idol is more bull headed than what Yuri thinks, and until she gets an answer, she won’t stop yapping Yuri’s name.

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Yulbae?”

 

“What?”

 

“You won’t disappear when I wake up, right?”

 

“No… I live here remember?”

 

“Okay…” Despite of Yuri’s answer, Yoona still has some doubts. “Good night.”

 

“Good night.”

 

“Yuri?”

 

“What Yoona?”

 

“No… I was just checking if you’re still there.”

 

“I’m still here. You need your rest, so try to sleep.”

 

Yuri was ready to drift away, when the sound of Yoona tossing around in bed woke her up.

 

“Yulbae?”

 

The hot tempered girl shot up from the mat, ready to scream at the idol for disturbing her sleep.

 

“What is it this time, Yoona?!”

 

Yoona raises her head, her eyes meeting with Yuri. Even in the dark, those doe eyes could still freeze Yuri in an instant.

 

“Why did you leave before?”

 

Yuri was expecting something idiotic to come out from Yoona at that time of the night, not something like this. But maybe this is good. If she say something that could finally shut out the idol, to stop Yoona from ever thinking that she still have any feelings for her.

 

“Well… you’re going to leave me, so I decided to leave first.”

 

The silence from Yoona made Yuri believe that her bluntness work. Maybe Yoona will give up now.

 

“I wasn’t.” Yoona answered, and to Yuri’s surprise it was her who ended up fumbling for words.

 

“We never know that.”

 

Yoona knew that she wasn’t. She was too crazy over Yuri that being apart from her already drive her insane. What more if she left her?

 

“I wish you could have told me before you left. So, I didn’t have to keep on wondering what I did wrong.”

 

This time it was Yuri who was left struggling for an answer.

 

 Maybe she could try to slowly let go of whatever hurt and anger that their relationship put her in. Maybe this was a chance to finally mend things between both of them. And maybe just maybe it was another chance for them to love again.

 

Yoona was about to call out to Yuri, but before she could open , the sight of Yuri squeezing in bed next to her just silence the idol.

 

“I won’t leave you anymore.”

 

Yuri confesses and Yoona had to figure out whether this was a dream or not. If it’s a dream, it would be too cruel for this.

 

“You promise?”

 

Yuri leans in closer, right there in the stillness of her room, without the stage lights, without the screaming fans, she could finally express to this girl how she truly felt and will feel for a long time.

 

And as Yuri softly lays her lips on Yoona’s forehead, she whispers the words she should have told Yoona from the beginning.

 

“I promise I’ll stay.”

 

TBC

 

Thank you for reading! I hope you guys enjoy! Have a great February!