One Summer Night

It's Gotta Be You

On a clear summer night, friends had gathered in a bar to celebrate.

“Cheers!!”

The group of friends raised their glasses and toasted before taking their drinks in.

“Ahhhh! That was refreshing!”

“Yo, Junhyung…take it easy” Jiho warned his friend.

Junhyung smiled as he patted Jiho on the shoulder.

“What? I can’t be happy on a night like this?”

Across the table, Mino rolled his eyes at him.

“You act like this is your celebration. Don’t forget that we are here because Jiho scored another publication.”

Junhyung waved off the comment.

“Yeah, yeah” he voiced.

Jiho smirked as his friends continued to bicker. He looked down at his glass and decided to drink what was left over in one quick motion. He sighed as he felt the cool liquor slide down his throat. His hard work had paid off and he couldn’t be happier.  His recent article about the current underground hip hop movement in Seoul was going to be published in a local famous magazine.

His empty glass was suddenly filled to the brim with more liquor and he looked up to see his friend Jay smirking down at him. Zico grinned.

“You made it, you bastard” he said as he stood and greeted his friend.

“Wouldn’t miss a chance to hang out with you guys. I needed to get away for a bit. Bora understood that I needed this alone time.”

Jiho smirked.

“How’s the baby?” he asked.

Jay smiled.

“That little prince? He’s doing great. He has me completely wrapped around his finger.”

Jiho poured Jay a drink.

He was happy to hear the news. Jay and his wife had recently had their first baby, so it was nice to see him even though he was busy with the newborn. Jiho looked at his friends. It had been a while since he had hung out with them. He had a habit of keeping himself locked away and his friends always had to pry him away from his work. He appreciated them for coming together like this…for him. He knew their lives were busy, just like his.

“What do you think, Jiho?”

Jiho snapped out of his daze.

“About what” he asked.

Mino nodded his head over to a table over in the corner of the bar. Jiho looked over and noticed that Mino was looking at the table filled with pretty women.

 Jiho looked away.

“Go for it” he replied with a smirk.

Mino rolled his eyes.

“Stupid. Don’t they catch your attention?” Mino asked.

Jiho spared another glance at the table. One of the women caught his gaze and winked and he looked away with a shrug.

“Not really” he replied.

His friends sighed at him.

“Yah…how long has it been since you and -” Junhyung started.

“That !” Jay added in with a frown.

“Broke up?” finished Mino.

Jiho stared at his friends.

“2 years….why?” he replied.

Jay placed a hand on his friend’s shoulder.

“Jiho….you haven’t had in 2 years. Get your together, man!”

Junhyung and Mino nodded in agreement.

Jiho brushed off Jay’s hand and took a big gulp of his drink.

“No thanks” he replied.

“Do you still love her?” Mino asked.

Jiho shook his head.

“Then what’s the problem?” Jay asked.

Jiho thought about it.

His last relationship had ended in disaster. He had wasted three years on that person and now that two years had passed by, he still wasn’t interested in doing something like that again. It wasn’t because he didn’t like women anymore.

He glanced back at the table in the corner. In reality, he thought the women sitting there were hot.

It was just that he wasn’t interested in them enough to even sleep with them, even if he could.

“I guess I’m just not interested in that right now” he finally responded.

He filled his glass once more.

“Besides, I know for a fact that none of you have had in a few months” he voiced as a smirk appeared on his face.

“Hey, I have a baby” Jay stated.

Mino leaned back in his seat with his arms crossed while Junhyung downed his drink in one shot. With their mouths shut from a lack of a good comeback, Jiho smiled.

“One shot!” he shouted.

They continued their celebration until all of them were laughing at any stupid thing.

“Yah….Jay!!! You’re drunk!” Junhyung scolded.

He struggled to take away the soju bottle from Jay. Jay brought four fingers up to his mouth.

“Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!........Shhhh!! Donn telllllll……Bora” he slurred.

Jiho shook his head.

“We won’t have to” Jiho replied with a laugh.

“Let’s go” Junhyung voiced.

As they walked out the bar, with Mino slinging Jay over his body, they encountered a situation.

The door to the bar opened and a woman was pushed in. Jiho stumbled as the woman collided with him. A man came in next.

“What the hell!?” the woman screamed as she looked back at the man.

He grabbed her arm without a word, pulling her away from Jiho.

“Stop!” she said as she snatched her arm away.

“Don’t do this” the man said.

“I haven’t done anything. Leave me alone” she replied.

She tried to step around him but he held her arm once more.

She let out a frustrated sigh.

“Are you not going to let go?” she asked.

“Did last night not mean anything to you? I like you. I even brought you here on a date and now you tell me that you don’t want me.”

The woman frowned.

“You kissed me and I let it happen. That doesn’t mean I like you. So stop bugging me. I’m leaving.”

“You ” the man said as he yanked on her arm.

“Stop” Jiho finally spoke up.

The pair turned to look at him and his friends.

“Stay out of this” the man replied.

Jiho sighed.

“Dude, she doesn’t want anything to do with you.”

Junhyung stepped up to stand next to Jiho.

“Leave her alone” Junhyung declared.

He pointed to where the man was currently holding the woman.

“That’s no way to treat a woman.”

The man was about to reply when the owner of the bar appeared.

“You, let her go or I will call the police. This is harassment.”

The man looked at them and with a final look of disgust towards the woman, he let her go and left the bar.

Jiho looked at the woman.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

She nodded as she stared at him.

Jay moaned as he rolled his head around.

“I think we should get him home now” Mino spoke up.

He made his way out the bar, Junhyung following close behind. Jiho looked back to the woman.

“Take care” he said before he left the bar.

Once outside, the night air sent a small chill down his body. He walked down the sidewalk.

“Wait!”

He stopped and turned to look behind him. The woman walked up to him, a smile on her face.

“Thanks for your help back there” she said.

“No problem” he replied with a small smile.

Under the bright street lights, he could see her better. She had long blonde hair and bold eyes. Her smile was nice and made her look pretty damn good, for lack of a better term.

“You’re seriously handsome” she suddenly said.

Jiho blinked.

“What?” he asked, completely dumfounded.

“Jiho! Come on man!” Junhyung yelled out from a distance.

The woman peeked at his friends before turning her attention back to Jiho.

“Are you heading somewhere?” she asked.

Jiho hesitated. What was with this woman?

“Yeah. I’m going home” he replied.

Her eyes suddenly disappeared into an eye smile.

“Oh? Can I come? I would love to spend the night there instead of some hotel.”

Jiho looked at the woman, his eyes wide.

"W-what!?" he stuttered out.

The woman smiled as his expression couldn't be any cuter.

"I want to spend the night with you, you know?" she voiced.

She laughed when Jiho still didn't seem to get it.

"Don't you understand?" she asked, her smile widening.

As Jiho shook his head, she came forward and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I want to have " she stated bluntly.

Jiho felt his face heat up.

Who was this crazy woman?!

He stepped away from her, untangling her arms from around his neck.

“You’re drunk” he simply said.

The woman frowned.

“I didn’t drink anything though” she reasoned.

“Goodbye” he said before he turned away.

He didn’t get very far before she called out to him.

“Jiho” she said.

He stopped once more. He didn’t know why he had heard it. When she had said his name, it was low, almost a whisper.

He looked at her once more and she smiled.

“JIHO!!!” Mino and Junhyung yelled out.

Jiho looked at his friends, who had crossed the street by now.

There was a tug on his arm and he looked down to see the woman wrapping her arms around his.

“Oh! Look at how good we look together!” she squealed.

She was pointing at their reflection on a car window.

Jiho sighed and gently pushed her away.

“I have to go. Please don’t live this way from now on” he advised.

He jogged away before she could stop him. She frowned as she watched him cross the street. She watched on as his friends questioned him. It was then that she remembered something important.

She cupped her hands next to .

“Jiho!!” she screamed out.

The group turned to look at her.

“My name is Chaerin!!”

He looked dumbfounded as her echoing voice died out.

She smiled before she waved at him.

“See you soon!” she said.

They didn’t spare her another glance as they finally walked away and disappeared from her eyesight.

As soon as they were far away, Junhyung turned to look at Jiho.

“What was that about?” he asked.

Jiho shrugged.

“She was just drunk” he mumbled.

Junhyung raised an eyebrow.

“What did she say to you to make you go so red in the face?”

Jiho felt his face get hotter as he recalled what that woman, Chaerin, had said to him.

“She told me she wanted to sleep with me” he replied.

Junhyung stopped walking, causing Mino to bump into him.

“She said it just like that?” Junhyung asked.

Jiho nodded briefly.

“I told you that she was drunk.”

They resumed walking and despite trying to change the subject a bunch of times, Jiho found Mino and Junhyung questioning him about her.

“She was hot. Why didn’t you accept?” Mino asked.

“She wasn’t drunk” Junhyung input.

“Why would she even want to sleep with you? Look at you” Mino added.

“Now, did she specifically say she wanted or-”

“We’re here” Jiho cut in.

He patted Junhyung on the back.

“Good luck explaining this to Bora” he said as he pointed to the passed out Jay.

“I’m going home. Later” he said flatly.

He walked away, despite the protest his friends. He let out a big breath as he finally heard the silence around him. He let himself think back to that woman….Chaerin.

He shook his head. Their encounter had been very unexpected and undesirable. However, in the back of his mind, he wondered if he should have really left her by herself on the street, especially in her condition.

As he climbed the stairs leading to his apartment, he felt a vibration in his jean pocket. As he unlocked his door and tossed his shoes aside, he took out his cellphone. He swiped the screen. As he looked down at the screen, he froze.

“What the hell?” he mumbled to himself.

He looked at the strange screen, the little envelope icon staring him back in the face. He opened the message.

'Sorry about the phone switch, but it was the only way I could think of for you to meet me again. I won’t pry, I promise. Come see me tomorrow night at the XX club at 10:30. I’ll return your phone then  ---Chaerin'                                                                                        

Jiho let out a long frustrated sigh.

“You gotta be ing kidding me” he said to himself.

He tossed the phone aside and rubbed his hands over his face.

This girl just had to be crazy.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I absolutely love CL and Zico…especially together! Although, I ship CL with just basically anyone, this will be a fanfic just dedicated to my OTP. I want to thank everyone who has subscribed so far. I really appreciate it!! I hope my story will be to your liking. As far as updates go, I will try to update once a week, so you won’t have to wait too long for the next chapter. If you love CL X Zico (or ChaeZico) please show this fanfic a lot of love.

 

Also, I have decided to use Jiho instead of Zico, hope you don’t mind! Oh, and don't worry. CL is my babygirl so her character within the story won't be that of a psycho girl or anything.