2

Suddenly

I slammed my alarm so hard I thought I broke it "Seriously, I have to change that sound." My tingling eyes managed to open and I sat up in my bed. I decided to get up no matter how hard it was, I wasn't going to allow yesterday's event repeating. Although, I wouldn't mind the particular one happening again...

Exiting my apartment, I looked around the hall but no one was there. Somewhat disappointed, I locked the door and went to school.

Lying in my bed that night, I thought about school. Or at least, I tried to... "Damn that boy! I don't even know his name, like..." Being an imperfect person I am, I fell asleep on my back with my hands on the back of my head. And yes, not being able to throw him out of my head.

~~~

"Umm... One more morning..." I mumbled, turned off the alarm and went to the bathroom. I had the feeling I'd see him today. But honestly, I didn't like how weak I felt. I see the boy once and he gives me the strength to get up in the morning. Like: wow, that's new. I've never felt like a 7-year-old girl in love but there's a first time for everything, right?

On my door step, my heart felt stabbed just like yesterday. "I'm making a big deal out of this... I have to force myself to stop."

~~~

The next morning: same story. I keep wanting to see him once more but it never happens. I don't like myself being like this and it irritates me to the core of my being. It's really stupid of me to act like this. What if he was just visiting someone who lives here or he was lost and accidentally entered this building...? Considering my luck, it's a possible explanation. And that was probably the last time I saw him. I already hated the day when not even morning had passed. I settled for having a boring day at school.

~~~

Friday. I woke up with a head ache. Not a good sign. I did the usual and headed out, being glad tomorrow is weekend and not letting myself drop down for not meeting the pretty boy I know nothing about. Again.

-"Hey! Ignoring me?" Luna came from behind me, ruffled my hair and smiled beautifully.

-"Heeeey, no. Why would I?" I hugged her and smiled back.

-"Well, it feels like you've been absent." she grabbed my hand and walked me to the cafeteria table.

-"Ahh... I haven't. I've just been busy studying." I sat across from her and watched her take out her chicken salad.

-"You're lying! I know you don't study." she teased and I giggled.

-"No, I did! I had to."

She took a spoon of her food, raised her eyebrow while chewing it and leaned across the table. "...and?"

I avoided her stare. "And what?"

-"You tell me. What are you hiding?"

I massaged the back of my head. "Nothing... There's nothing new."

-"Tao..." she wouldn't give up.

-"Ahh! Fine! But don't laugh and don't judge me!" I leaned on my elbows.

-"Okay, tell me." I could tell she was quite interested in what I had to say.

-"A few days ago... I bumped into a guy in my building. And never saw him again. Now I think I have a huge crush on him and feel stupid. There." A smile appeared on her face and she dropped her head for me not to see it. "You are aware I saw that, right?"

-"Yes." she laughed. I sighed and covered my eyes. "Hey, hey. I think it's cute, I've never seen you like this. And you're not stupid. Drop your guard, let yourself have a crush. You've been single for like, what? A year?" I nodded. "You see? It's okay to have a crush and not be crushed." I chuckled at that and looked at her.

-"Thank you." I patted her hand and stood up.

-"Where are you going? Aren't you gonna eat?"

-"No, I'm not hungry. I'm gonna go pick up a romantic book for the weekend, I'm in that mood. And your friends are coming over." I waved my hand to them receiving a 'hi' back.

-"Wow, not hungry and in a romantic mood? Woo, this period is gonna be fun!" she giggled and I just smiled kissing the top of her head.

-"Bye, babe."

And just as I told her, I spent the weekend being a hopeless romantic. She called a few times asking if I was sure I won't be going out with her. I declined her and my other friend's invitations. I gave myself a break from the world and promised them both I'd go out next time, I just needed a few days for my thoughts and feelings. It was pointless to be this depressed and gooey over a boy I saw only once.