1

Suddenly

I let out a frustrated groan as a reaction to my alarm going off. The sound was as irritating as the fact it was Monday again. I turned to my other side and turned off the stupid beeping idiotic device, then just dropped down and closed my eyes. The light was way too bright, as expected on a sunny summer day.

Generally, it was gonna be a good day: nice weather, all prepared for my lecture, my paper finished, one month of school left till the end... Sadly, I'm not a mornings person so my only motivation for getting up was it would be one day less tomorrow.

Today, I have school from 9 to 3, after that I have to return the book I borrowed from the library and pick up my shirts from dry cleaner's, then come home and study for tomorrow. Argh, if only the break would come sooner... I could go visit my family and see my friends...

I brush my teeth, put my clothes on, grab my stuff and head to the bus station. I look to my right and see the bus pulling in to the stop. I did not wanna miss this one so I ran toward it, but the driver didn't seem to have noticed me and closed the door already. "No! Wait! No!" I ran and yelled but the bus was getting away. "Ahh!!" I sat up straight in my bed and realized I slept in. My hands flew toward my face and rubbed it in hope of waking me up a bit, then proceeded to my hair, making it messier than it already was. With one eye half open and the other totally closed I threw a glance at the analog clock whose red dots forming the numbers felt like slamming me across the face making my eyes shoot open. "Ah, !" I was half an hour late. Washing up in a hurry, I threw on some clothes I picked out quickly. I run out the door and my key got stuck in the lock, making me pissed off. "Why now?! Why when I'm late?! You stupid little-" my loud conversation with myself was cut off with the key finally having mercy on me. I turned around and bumped into someone, someone smaller than me. "Oh! Sorry! Are you okay?" I finally looked at the shocked person in front of me.

-"Yes. Yes, yes, I am..." the shorter, way-too-pretty-for-a-male guy said. He had a mix of innocent, lost and scared aura around him.

-"Great. Sorry, again." I checked if I dropped anything and ran down the stairs.

I did miss the bus but caught the other one which was nearly empty and had a free seat next to the window, my favourite. I had some time to think about this. I couldn't believe I slept in. I hate these realistic half dreams, they always mess me up. Luckily, the teacher I have my first class with today isn't that harsh, she'll let me go in, but even so, I hate being late. "Ahh..." I rubbed my eyes and leaned back in my seat then let my arms fall crossed on my stomach still having my eyes closed. The scene of bumping into that guy repeated in my head. My eyes opened on their own and staring into the ceiling of the bus I realized I had an unexplainable feeling of wanting to see him again. "Why...?" I said quietly but still gained a look from the grandma in the seat in front of me, for which I couldn't have cared less. I guess I kind of forgot what he looked like and that's why I wanted to reassure myself he really was as pretty as my brain faintly recalled his image. I was in a hurry so maybe it was just a lack of my attention... "So what? He's pretty, that's it. What's with further thinking about him? Really, brain, come on. You never acted like this." this time, I didn't say it out loud.