03

He Who Watches

"Who are you?" Myungsoo shouted as he stood up,, knocking the table, spilling the piles of paper to the floor. The papers blazed and disappeared.

"Whoa there hot stuff, no need to shout." the male replied, snapping his fingers. A small couch appeared out of nowhere, he sat there and lifted up his feet and pressed it down on the couch. "Time for some late introduction, my friend."

"Late? A thousand years too late." Myungsoo snarled. 

Though Myungsoo glared at the male but the later looked unfazed. "Hey, you don't have the right to go all snobbish on me, you're here for a reason." he chimed. "Ugh I hate you! I'm trying to go all smiles here but you sir managed to enrage me. Oh well, I won't waste a thousand year of my anger management of a single sentence."

"What do you want?"  Myungsoo asked, sitting down in the corner of the White Room.

The male shrugged and reached out a hand. "I'm Sunggyu."  Myungsoo blinked slowly and stared at Sunggyu right in the eye. Sunggyu stared at him and shrugged again. "What? No?" he mumbled and snapped again. Now he holds a glass of pink liquid.

"What do you want?" Myungsoo repeated, clenching his fists. 

"Well, believe me when I say this but I actually feel guilty for cursing you like this." Sunggyu smiled, wriggling his eyes brows.

Sunggyu scoffed and crossed his arms "I don't believe you."

"You killed my wife." Sunggyu said firmly, his voice turning distant and cold. "Do you know that we just got married that day? We heard two men quarelling and she wanted to step in and break the fight---your fight--- I tried to stop her but when I went somewhere she went out. You sir, took the chance and stabbed her. Repeatedly." 

"I-it was for the emperor. The Gumiho killed his son." Myungsoo mumbled.

Sunggyu scoffed and sat beside Myungsoo "So you do remember. This is good."

"Good because...?" Myungsoo asked, looking at the strange guy who he rejects to call by name.

"I'm letting you go." Sunggyu said. Myungsoo smiled widely and looked at him once more. "With one condition."

Myungsoo's eyes clouded. Once he used that word, in exchange he got this curse, a word he used on Byunghun before this crap had started.

 

"Where's the Gumiho?" Myungsoo snarled at Byunghun, grabbing him by collar. Byunghun did look scared, he clutched Myungsoo's arm and begged.

"Hyung please. I need this. My father will kill me if I don't succeed." Byunghun pleaded.

But Myungsoo refused to listen to him and instead pulled out his sword, placing it under Nyunghun's neck. "Where. Is. The. Gumiho."  he snarled in gritted teeth.

"B-behind you." Byunghun stammered. Myungsoo's lips curved up into a smile and turned around to stab the Gumiho in the stomach.

Myungsoo's insides hurled when he saw a beautiful woman insted, holding her bleeding stomach. Her image shifted, from the woman into the nine-tailed fox. She looked into Myungsoo's eyes with hate and lashed her tail one final time into the attacker's heart but Myungsoo shielded it, making it bounce to his leg. He started to slide down the mountain side but Byunghun gripped his arm.

"Hyung! Hold still!" Byunghun shouted, holding him with a hand, the fox into the other hand.

Myungsoo looked at Byunghun and hissed. "Let us go. give me the Gumiho, let me rule." 

"H-hyung. Please. I can't." Byunghun cried out. "Don't make me release your hand."

"Then let go." Myungsoo taunted. "You don't have the guts, don't you? You're just a kid.. Let go!" Myungsoo shouted. And so Byunghun did, leaving Myungsoo sliding down.

 

"What is it?" Myungsoo asked with hopeful eyes. "Please, I want to live. give me another chance." 

Sunggyu tsked and smiled widely. "You really want to do this?" Myungsoo nodded eagerly. "Okay. You'll continue writing their paths, their destinies, you'll keep on doing your job...as a human."

Myungsoo snorted. "T-that's it? How hard can that be?"

"You'll have to find out for yourself."

 

"What?" Myungsoo asked but he was cut off by the swirling wind around him. He coughed and gagged as the wind turned to smoke and fog, it turned into a whirllwind before everything   out.