Chapter 4

I'd Give My Life For You~HIATUS

"I think that's enough questions for now." Jinwoon said cooly to the detective, as Nicole was still distraught at Seohyun having been tossed out the window. 

 

The detective nodded and excused himself. Jinwoon rubbed Nicole's shoulder, trying to calm her as she kept her head hung low.

 

"I screwed up big time oppa. As an agent I wasn't thinking quick enough, and now Seohyun's been kidnapped." She said with bitterness.

 

Jinwoon frowned at seeing her like this. "Cole-ah, it's not your fault. How were you to know? How were any of us other agents supposed to have suspected it?" He told her gently.

 

Sighing Nicole stood up from the hospital bed and walked towards the door, dragging her feet along her. This wasn't the Nicole who purposefully walked when working on a mission.

 

This was the student Nicole, the young Nicole who wanted at times to live a regular life, without having to catch bad guys. The Nicole that Jinwoon had met all those years before.

 

Not knowing what else to say to her, Jinwoon strode up to her, and gently turned her to face him, pressing his lips softly against her own for a fleeting moment. 

 

When he pulled back, they both stared at each other stunned. Nicole still red eyed and watery eyes.

 

"We should really head back to headquarters." Nicole said quietly and walked ahead.

 

Sighing, Jinwoon leaned his head against the doorframe for his impulsiveness. 

 

He caught up to her in just a few quick strides and they were silent the whole walk to the car, all the way to the whole ride back to headquarters.

 

~

 

Silently, they went to their separate weapons stations and started gearing up for the long day ahead of them.

 

 

"We need Seulong hyung on communications, along with ChangMin hyung for vehicle inspections." Jinwoon said as he strapped his gun into his holster, placing a bullet proof vest beneath his shirt.

 

Nicole strapped on her boots quickly tighing her hair in a high ponytail away from her face, and grabbed her gun and her small dagger and placed it into her own holster.

 

"Copy that." One of the technicians said, and spoke into his headset to relay the info to the necessary people.

 

 

"Alright. We know what that man was after, and now you have to be very careful now that he has Miss Seo as his hostage. Stick to the plan and work together." Their boss said to the two of them firmly.

 

Nicole and Jinwoon exchanged quick glances and nodded, remembering work had to come first.

 

"Okay finish suiting up and the van should be ready." He said and walked off.

 

~

"Cole-ah.I'm sorry." Jinwoon said quietly.

 

She gave him a timid smile, shaking her head. "Let's just get that bastard." She said simply and they walked to the parking lot to get in the van.

 

Seulong was inside and started attaching hidden ear piece communications on them, and made sure all the necessary camera footage was working.

 

ChangMin did one more final check to see that the van was in tip top shape, before saluting them off.

 

Wonbin, their senior agent advisor, walked the plan over with them, showing them on the map as well as the camera screens of the warehouse where Seohyun had been taken, where they should go.

 

"Nicole take the east wing, JInwoon take the west wing. Take out anyone who gets in your way. Then meet in the north wing where Miss Seo is being held. GOod luck" wonbin said and the two nodded.

 

The van quickly sped off towards the warehouse, as the two young agents braced themselves.