Chapter Nine

Breaking A Heart-breaker's Heart

 

 



    "How... how have you been?" Sehun asks hesitantly.

    "I've been better. You?" 

    To say that it's awkward would be the understatement of the century. The last time the two of them had talk, it ended up with a broken heart and a scarred conscience.

    "I... I'm fine. I'm working at my dad's company, you know, learning the ropes and such. It's quite hard when you're an only child." Sehun's smile is strained but it is genuine.

    "Good for you. I'm working at a firm. We just had an expansion so it's a little hectic." she replies. She doesn't know why she's stalling. They both know that she wants to know why Sehun was with Kai.    
    
    The two of them had just gotten into the restaurant when Franchia saw them. As if on cue, Kai met her eyes and the two of them was stuck in a moment. Then Kai promptly started dragging Sehun out of the place, which confused the other of course. 

    Sehun's eyes travelled to Franchia's and they seemed to be locked onto each other, old memories resurfacing. 

    Kai promptly shoved Sehun out of the way and left. Franchia wanted to call him, but Joshua's presence stopped her. And then Sehun was making his way towards them. His greeting was awkward, but he seemed to be eager to talk to her.

    So that is why they were sitting across each other on the almost empty restaurant. The last time they were alone with each other was way back in frehsman year, high school. That didn't end well, the reason that even if it happened so long ago, they could never forget it.

    "I know I've taken my time but... I'm sorry." Franchia mumbles, trying hard not to cry. "For everything."

    Sehun was silent for a few moments before he taps the table that had Franchia looking up to face him. He smiles. The forgiveness in his eyes tugged at Franchia's heart, making her question her sanity of ever thinking about breaking this guy's heart and actually doing it.

    "We were kids. Kids do stupid things. I know I did." Sehun replies reassuringly. "I learned that you did it because of peer pressure. I really wanted to talk to you so we could sort things out, and actually be friends. But you changed schools."

    "I couldn't bear to be walking around knowing what I did to you. I couldn't even be brave enough to say sorry."

    "But you're brave now." Sehun teases a little.
    
    "I guess so... I don't really know."

    Sehun seemed to hesitate, and then he let out a sigh. "Kai. How did you know him?"

    Even the mere mention of his name sent painful shivers inside Franchia's heart.

    "He... he was assigned at my work place for a few months. We... we went out..."

    "Did you know about him being..."

    "Yes." Franchia admitted, tears gathering up behind her eyelids. "I knew. But I thought... it was stupid but... he was different when he was with me. I thought..." this time, she couldn't keep the tears in.

    Sehun sighs. "He's been acting really weird this whole month. I asked him about it but he won't say a thing. I didn't know he met you again."

    "Again?" she frowns. "What do you mean?"

    "You didn't know? I thought you knew him even before. We've been friends ever since middle school. Didn't I introduce you guys in high school?"

    Franchia shook her head. She suddenly felt a wave of nausea, her head spinning as bile rose up from her stomach. This couldn't be.

    "Are you okay? You look pale. Franchia?" Sehun's concerned tone seemed so far away.

    "Is that... why he did this to me?" she mumbles almost incoherently. "Because of what I did to you?"        

    "Franchia? What are you taking about? Do you want some water? Are you feeling alright?" Sehun asked again as he leaned from across the table.

    Franchia's vision is swimming, her head reeling with the memories she thought she had succeeded in forgetting. That time when she approached Sehun for the first time, her friends goading her to do it, that time when she told him he wasn't worth anything and she just went out with him because he was rich and popular, eveything she tried to suppress inside her mind came resurfacing.

    Then that night when she told Jongin she loves him and he said it back. That night when they shared their love and became one. That last night they spent together before everything got destroyed to pieces when the morning came.

    Franchia tries to stand, feeling that she's going to throw up any moment. Kai broke her heart because she broke Sehun's. How ironic for her to fall in love with a heartbreaker when she was a heartbreaker herself.

    Then her vision goes black.

***


    
    She woke up lying on a hard but comfortable enough bed, the smell of antiseptic in the air. She's in a hospital. 

    Blinking, she looked around, noticing that the bed was sorrounded by a white curtain. She's an emergency room, she surmised.

    Slowly, she sat herself up, closing her eyes as she felt a little dizzy. There's that distant clicking of machines somewhere, almost silent chatters of people, the sounds loud enough to interfere with her thoughts and making it hard for her to think about what had happened before she collapsed.

    "Hey! You shouldn't be moving around."  a familiar baritone voice says.

    It's Sehun, a concerned look on his face as he hovers over the bed.

    "Sehun? What happened?" she asked. "Why am I here?"

    "You fainted." Sehun answered. "Nearly gave me a heart attack too."

    "I... I did?" she frowns, "It must be because I haven't been resting well in the past few days..."

    "Well, you need to have plenty of rest from now on." a doctor came in. He's quite young, an easy smile on his face, "Hello, my name is Dr. Lu."

    "You're Lu Han." Franchia would have gaped if she wasn't feeling too weak.

    "Oh, I guess you still remember. We've met a few weeks ago." Dr. Lu replies. 

    "Actually, Luhan-hyung is a close friend." Sehun says. "That's why I brought you here. I already called your friends from earlier and they're coming."

    "Uh, thanks. You shouldn't have. I can take care of myself. I was just a little exhausted." Franchia replies, already making her way out of the bed. 

    "As I said, you need plenty of rest. Do you live alone?" Luhan asks.

    "Yes." 

    "Well, I suggest you live with someone else, maybe go back to your parents' house or something. You can't be collapsing now and again without anyone knowing. I'm also going to prescribe you vitamins and recommend a doctor. It's quite early in the pregnancy but you've been very stressed and it's affecting the baby. First, you need to recover and be healthy--"

    "Wait, wait, wait!" Franchia cut in, eyes wide as saucers as she looked at the doctor. "Pregnancy?"

    "Yes." Dr. Lu nodded. "Congratulations, Ms. Mendiola, you're almost six weeks pregnant!"

    Franchia looked at her flat belly, then at Sehun who is just as shocked as her.

    Pregnant. 

    She's pregnant.

    Kai hates her.

    Tears silently fell down from her cheeks for the nth time that day. "What am I going to do?"

 


 

a/n: guiz... seriously... i really want that star... XD