First Impressions

Because of You [HIATUS]

 

[Hyuna’s POV]

I took the chance to practice alone in the dance room; I didn’t really like show casing my talent unless I need to. I know I shouldn’t be shy because this is the path I’ve chosen but I’m still trying to build up the confidence I have right now so I can be more powerful when I perform on stage.

I was dancing my hearts out to ‘B2ST – Soom’ when I suddenly jumped because the door opened and guys started to fall like dominos. I chuckled a little to myself then ran to the radio then turned it off. I ran towards the boys then started helping them up and to my surprise; it was the ‘B2ST’ members.  As I help them up I suddenly locked eyes with Junhyung, one of my bias from ‘B2ST’, I smiled then bowed my head.

“Hey, we’re BEAST!” Doojoon introduced when they finally got themselves together.

“Ara, Kim Hyuna-ibnida.” I replied as I shook Doojoon’s hand. Kikwang was scolding Dongwoon for suddenly opening the door. Yoseob was busy fiddling with his phone and Hyunseung seems to be in a different world than we are. Junhyung on the other hand was leaning against the door while whistling.

“Kim Hyuna” Yoseob finally said. I was amazed he was actually paying attention to what I was saying.

“Ne, Yang Yoseob sunbae?” I asked. He smiled then nodded his head; I smiled back and stood there clueless. It was quite funny that I couldn’t say anything now when I wanted to ask them so much question before coming back to Korea.

“Are you a new trainee then?” Kikwang asked after scolding Dongwoon who is now talking to Hyunseung like they are not interested in meeting me.

“Aniya, I’ve been trainee for a few years now, but I was getting trained in America because I was still having problems with my visa to transfer to Korea because of some documents missing. I was supposed to debut along with Wonder Girls but because I couldn’t travel anywhere, I didn’t get to.” I explained.

“Oh, chincha? So that means you’re from America?” Hyunseung asked out of nowhere. The boys laughed while looking at Hyunseung who looked confused. I nodded my head to end his confusion.

“Do you know when you will be debuting?” Dongwoon asked.

“Ne, a few months after ‘4ACES’ debut, I’ll be up on that stage.” I replied and they all chorused ‘OH’. I just kept nodding my head. Everyone else kept asking me questions but Junhyung seems a little bit way too rude. He should be like the other guys giving advice to someone like me about debuting.

“Dongsae” I heard Yuri Unnie’s voice from outside. The boys made way for her to come through.

“Good evening Miss Yuri” The boys chorused making unnie blush, typical BEAST fan.

“Sorry to interrupt you guys but I have to take Hyuna home to rest, we’ve got a busy day tomorrow. You guys should practice hard so you all can get some good rest for your schedules tomorrow.” She suggested. The guys all replied in chorused before we said our goodbyes.

Everyone said their goodbyes besides Junhyung; I was really surprised with the way he acts. I never thought he’d be this cold. He looks quiet on TV but he’s really different in real life, I guess everyone is right, don’t believe anything you see on TV and on the internet.

I was so deep into my thoughts that I didn’t realise Yuri-Unnie was talking to me. I snapped back to reality and just kept nodding my head to whatever she was saying.

“So how is it?” She suddenly asked.

“How was what?” I asked back.

“Aish, chincha, you’re not listening to anything I am saying to you?”

“Miane, but how was what?”

“What do you think of the B2ST members, like I mean how are they?” She asked.

I thought about what I was going to say, I didn’t want to lie but I didn’t want to be straight forward with my answer either.

“Okay” I told her.

“Okay? That’s all, they are okay? Yah, Hyuna, you must be really crazy. Aren’t you supposed to jump and down now that you saw Junhyung. Don’t you look up to him as a rapper?” She continued. I just shrugged my shoulders a little and entered her car.

“Kim Hyuna, you’re going to be working alongside them a lot so you need to go pass your ‘OKAY’ impressions of them. You can’t just work with ‘OKAY’ it has to be excellent araso?” She lectured. I nodded my head and just blasted her radio up and I was not surprise to listen to ‘B2ST’ songs.

For me first impressions are supposed to be exceptional. First impressions are always going to be there, I mean if you act all mean and rude in front of someone they’d view you as like that for the rest of your lives if that person doesn’t get to know you well. Get what I mean?

Everyone else gave their best but Junhyung… he’s just unbelievable.