Sehun's Greatest Mistake (End)

Anyber Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun's Greatest Mistake (End)

 

Amber, who was drinking, spat the water, unconsciously drenching her shirt that was on top of her backpack that was placed on the floor.

 

“Wha-What?!” Amber spluttered out, while the bottle of water that she was holding tilted - drenching her shirt even more until she finally dropped the bottle in her state of shock.

 

Sehun, just realizing what he said, stared eyes wide at his sunbae. How he wanted to take back what he just said, he knew from the very first time he laid his eyes on her that he constantly has to watch himself. Not just because of the numerous guys that he might go against, but also because whenever he’s with Amber his control slips.

 

Clumsy can be used to describe the EXO’s maknae but never can he be called a coward. With renewed determination, he stood up straight and entered the practice room but not before closing the door behind him with the satisfying ‘click’ of the lock. Sehun started walking to the girl, that was the object of his affection, who’s at the corner of the room still standing there staring at him dumbstruck – eyes wide and mouth wide open gaping at him.

 

“Noona, I said I wanted to ask you out on a date.” Sehun said, punctuating every word slowly.

 

When Sehun reached Amber, enough that she was within his reach, he put his right hand under her chin and gently pushed it upwards to close Amber’s gaping mouth. As he slithered his hand, that was on Amber’s chin, he stepped even closer – close enough that there is no longer ‘personal space’ between them. His hands reached Amber’s nape then bent his head closer to Amber.

 

Amber, if possible, widened her eyes even more and let out an un-Amber-like squeak when she saw Sehun’s face getting even closer and closer, then as if comprehending what he might do, Amber tightly closed her eyes – so tight that it hurt from the action.

 

Amber waited in bated breath for the inevitable, with her fists tightly clenched, but not even a caress on her lips came, so she opened her right eye to peek at Sehun. Afraid that he might be playing with her right now, and it was not impossible since the maknae might be silent when you first meet him but that trait disappears when he is already comfortable with you. And Amber is undoubtedly one of the closest people to Sehun. But all she saw was a tuff of hair.

 

Realization soared through Amber as a shiver made its way down her spine when she felt Sehun’s warm breath caressing her right ear.

 

“What do you think noona? Can you allow this cute dongsaeng of yours to take you out on a date?” Sehun whispered.

 

‘Cute?!’ Amber thought ‘Where is cute in this?!’ Sehun’s whisper was so y that it should be illegal, Amber even felt her knees go weak because of it but she held strong she did not want to be a laughing stock if Sehun was just kidding with her.

 

“Amber-noona.” Sehun said, his voice now contained the aegyo that he is known for when he slightly moved away from Amber.

 

Amber didn’t know whether to be glad or disappointed with Sehun’s reversion to his usual self. But when Amber saw Sehun’s expression, one thing just came to her mind ‘Sehun is serious’. So serious that what Amber saw was a man. Not a dongsaeng. Not a friend. But a man.

 

“But why?” Amber asked, confusion and something akin to hope lacing her features. “I’m not your type, not even close.” Amber wanted to shout, it was not fair – playing with someone’s feelings like this. She did not want to go through this again.

 

“Who cares about ideal types.”

 

That did it, “Are you kidding me!” Amber shouted and shoved Sehun. “I’m sick and tired of you guys coming to the second-best when your ‘ideals’ are not met.” she spat.

 

Sehun was not even shocked at the outburst; he knew what happened between Amber and a sunbae trainee before. Saw how Amber got hurt because she did not meet whatever that bastard want and even blamed herself for it. Just thinking about it made Sehun’s blood boil.

 

Sehun grabbed Amber’s hands that were pounding at his chest and squeezed it – not hard, but enough to catch her attention. That stopped the pounding and the incoherent sentences that Amber was shouting.

 

Amber looked at Sehun and saw not only understanding but also something that she didn’t want to name in his face.

 

Sehun’s heart clenched when he saw Amber’s tear-stained cheeks and could not help but drew her in a hug. Amber’s head rested on his shoulders staining his shirt but he did not care.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter