You should go out with me

To Date A Kim

Jongin couldn't sleep right for the whole night. All of the information that Luhan had told him was stuck in his brain it was making him very anxious. He woke up five times last night because this is happening today, he's going to finally gain the balls to ask Kyungsoo out.

 

Even though he didn't get much sleep (he's running on five hours) he knows it'll be a good day.

 

Stay confident, is the first thing he had seen that morning because Luhan texted him it. Jongin thinks Luhan is bipolar sometimes but he sure knows how to motivate someone (maybe he's been hanging around Joonmyun to much).

 

He slicked his now blonde hair and split it through the middle. Jongin remembers Luhan barging into his house with bleach and Jongin made a run for it. But Luhan's a soccer player and chased after him, jumping on his back and dragging him to the bathroom with so much force that Jongin wonders where the hell he got it from.

 

Jongin dressed in their school unifrom and grabbed the items from his closet. Last night he and Luhan went out and bought a bouquet of roses and a medium sized stuffed owl. An owl because it reminded him of Kyungsoo. He was physically prepared for everything but mentally it scared him. There's still a chance Kyungsoo doesn't like him like that at all (I mean they just meet).

 

He decided that he wasn't going to think negative and just go with the flow like he usually does. He walked downstairs and found his mom and dad sitting by the couch.

 

"Jongin, are you aware you're blonde?" Jongin's mother spoke first as she stared at her son curiously. 

 

Jongin nodded and his dad chuckled, "Yeah, today's a big day."

 

Jongin's father raised an eyebrow. "What's going to happen today?"

 

Just then a girl at the age of nineteen peeked her head into the living room and smirked. "He's going to ask this boy named Kim Kyungsoo out today. By the way Jongin, that Luhan boy talks very loud."

 

Jongin was five seconds away from strangling, Soojung, his sister.

 

"Aren't you suppose to be at college? Why are you still here?" He barked.

 

Soojung smirked, "And miss the moment when my brother might actually lose his ity-"

 

Jongin's mother squealed and instantly hugged Jongin. "I knew you were always gay. It's okay, baby. I bet this Kyungsoo is absouletly wonderful. Oh I bet he's very handsome, you've always had good taste. Oh! When you give me grandchildren-"

 

Jongin blushed, "I'm only sixteen mom,"

 

"Sixteen year old ," Soojung muttered under her breathe.

 

Correction Jongin is two seconds away from strangling Soojung.

 

"You're right, you're still young. How does eighteen sound? I want to be a young grandmother." She smiled at her son and pinched his cheeks.

 

His father rolled his eyes, his wife can be a bit persistent when she wants to. "He needs to have a stable job and life before he has kids."

 

"Yeah, he needs to grow balls to ask the boy out first too." Soojung laughed.

 

"That's it I'm going to strangle you!" Jongin chased after her.

 

Jongin's dad watched as Jongin ran after his older sister and sighed. "Don't make a mess you two."

 

Soojung ran into the bathroom and locked herself. She laughed again once she heard Jongin banging.

 

"Sooyoung is my favorite sister now!" Jongin half heartily yelled at the door.

 

Soojung chuckled at the mention of their older sister. "Oh, wait till she finds out you're going to lose your ity! She'll have a field day."

 

"Don't call her, she's worst then mom!"

 

"...hello? Sooyoung, guess what!"

 

Jongin banged his head on the restroom door and nearly cringed when he heard the squeal of his eldest sister through the phone.

 

 He was just going to ask the boy out, how did asking him out turn out to losing his ity? 

 

Only Jongin's family would make a big deal about it. Only Jongin's. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Luhan snuggled into his boyfriend's neck and let a smile take over his lips at Minseok's sweet scent. He wrapped his arms around his waist and kissed at a spot behind Minseok's ear that made the boy shiver.

 

"You should go to class first," Luhan smiled when he pulled away, a satisfied grin.

 

Minseok pouted and grabbed onto his collar. "No, I want to be with you."

 

A clingy Minseok was a cute Minseok.

 

They were in the hall way by Luhan's locker. Everyone that passed shot them a look because stop being so ing cute and making the rest of us feel lonely and .

 

 

"Baby, I told you I have to meet up with Jongin-"

 

Minseok frowned and cut him of. "What's up with Jongin and you being all buddy buddy? I've never even heard you mention a Jongin. Do you like him or something you ing jerk?" He huffed and crossed his arms over his chest.

 

Nevermind, a jealous Minseok was a ing hot Minseok. 

 

Just then a boy of the height of 173 centimeters came stomping towards them. "Minseok, Luhan and Jongdae are trying to get Jongin to date Kyungsoo!"

 

Minseok looked at an angry Joonmyun and then at a calm Jongdae. He turned to Luhan and slapped him on th head. "Yah! Do you like it when I get jealous or something? You made me look like an overly jealous boyfriend! I bet I looked like Yifan."

 

"Must you talk about me when I'm gone, Minseok?" Yifan showed up on cue with Yixing, their arms linked.

 

Baekhyun then showed up, "You are an overly jealous boyfriend."

 

"Stop defending your brother! And who cares? What's mine is mine, I don't share." Yifan childishly clinged to a smiling Yixing that swooned over his tall boyfriend's actions.

 

Jongdae eyed Yifan with a look, "How are people scared of you? You're like a ball of fluff."

 

Joonmyun shook his head. "That's not what's important! Anways, Luhan and Jongdae are trying to get Mr. ily tanned-"

 

"You think Jongin is y?" Jongdae barked at Joonmyun.

 

"-with my little brother and I won't allow it!" Joonmyun finished, ignoring Jongdae's question.

 

Baekhyun shrugged. "Why not? It's not like Jongin would try something on Kyungsoo. The boy is so awkward it's not even funny."

 

"That doesn't mean he's not a beast in disguise. He will poison kyungsoo's heart and brain-"

 

Luhan cut Joonmyun off, "Honestly it'll be the other way around. Kyungsoo's more of a freak then Jongin, boy's a ."

 

Minseok's eyes widen, "What the ? But he's hot! Is there something wrong with his ?"

 

"You think Jongin's hot?" Luhan glared.

 

Baekhyun laughed, "He's just very awkward I bet. Kind of like that tall guy with red hair he always hangs out with. What's his name Changmin? Chanyeol?"

 

"Off topic," Joonmyun spoke again. "If these idiots want Jongin to be with Kyungsoo, we need to put him through the test just like all the other guys that wanted to date us. If he doesn't crack or get scared off by the end of the whole date, I'll let him be with Kyungsoo."

 

Minseok thought about it and nodded. "I agree, he better be prepared. "

 

Baekhyun nodded. "But when will he ask Kyungsoo out? We don't even know if he Kyungsoo likes him or something-"

 

"Kyungsoo asked me for information on Jongin since he's in the dance department with me." Yixing pipped up.

 

"Also, Jongin's going to ask Kyungsoo out today." Luhan pulled his phone out. "In like five minutes, he's going to tell him right before the bell rings for first period so Kyungsoo will have to answer." Luhan smirked.

 

"I wonder where he got the idea," Minseok and Joonmyun said in unison as they eyed a smirking Luhan and Jongdae.

 

Baekhyun made a gross face, "I just noticed I'm surrounded by couples. I need a boyfriend!" He whined. "Yah! Yifan stop cuddling Yixing in the hall way. Just all of you stop being in love!"

 

"Maybe if you didn't reject everyone," Jongdae said in a know it all tone.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "I'm waiting for the one, okay?"

 

"Maybe the one you need is super tall and goofy with red hair." Yifan suggested and Luhan nodded because this was them putting in a good word for Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun shrugged and didn't think much of it. "Mhm, maybe you're right."

 

 

-

 

 

 

Jongin anxiously waited at his locker and checked his phone to see the time, 8:55. Class will start in five minutes, now is the time to make the move. He looked at the mirror in his locker, call him conceited but he thought he looked good. The blonde hair with a middle part was a nice touch, he'll have to really thank Luhan if all goes well.

 

He shut his locker and pulled out his phone, 8:56. You've got this, he chanted. He held the stuffed owl in his left hand and the roses in his right hand.

 

He walked down the hall way and turned a corner and there he saw the love of his life gathering things from his locker. He places a smirk on his lips and smoothly walked up to Kyungsoo who had his back turned to him.

 

He was right behind Kyungsoo when he tapped him. Kyungsoo squeaked and turned around, eyes wide with Jongin being so close to him.

 

Call him a ert, but he liked Kyungsoo being trapped between his body and the locker. Hell yes he liked it.

 

"Jongin, what's up?" Kyungsoo asked him with curious eyes, no longer affected by Jongin being so close. Maybe Jongin was seeing things but he swears he saw a glint of something in Kyungsoo's eyes.

 

"I just wanted to stop by and say hi," Jongin breathed in calmly and found this nature of acting confident very easy. Definitely, he's got this.

 

He doesn't ing got this because now Kyungsoo is touching his hair with a tiny smile (smirk) on his lips.

 

"You've went blonde." It's a statement, not a question but Jongin nods anyways because if he speaks he will stutter.

 

Kyungsoo hums and then looks down at Jongin's hands.

 

"What are those stuff for?" He guesters to the owl and roses and Jongin takes a step back so Kyungsoo can get a better look at the items.

 

Jongin smiles, "For someone special."

 

Kyungsoo smiles back at him, "Well, are you ever going to give this special person these things?"

 

"Yes," Confident Jongin mode on. "But I need to tell you something first."

 

Kyungsoo looks confused because wasn't Jongin suppose to ask him not tell him something. Kyungsoo is pretty sure asking them is how it works. "Okay?"

 

"You should go out with me tomorrow," Jongin speaks and Kyungsoo looks at him.

 

"I should go out with you, do I have a say?" Kyungsoo asks him and this time he does smirk.

 

Jongin's confidence wavers for a split second before it's stronger than ever. "Nope," He leans in close, their noses brushing. "You don't have a say."

 

Honestly Jongin, the awkward peice of Kyungsoo meet yesterday, was acting so y and confident that Kyungsoo almost jumped him. Almost.

 

Then the bell rang and Jongin smirked once again (Jongin liked his confidence a little too mich.) 

 

Kyungsoo watched as the hallways cleared and he smiled. "I guess I should go on a date with you."

 

Jongin smiled, a genuine smile that made Kyungsoo's heart flutter just a little bit. "Alright then. You should go to class, hyung, I don't want you to be late because of me."

 

How the is Kim Jongin so y one moment and so sweet and caring the next. That's ing it.

 

"You're right," Kyungsoo breathed in and Jongin moved away so Kyungsoo can pass by. "I need to go because I'm a heartbeat away from attacking your lips in the hallway, Kim Jongin."

 

Jongin gasped and watched as Kyungsoo walked away with a sway on his hips and a smirk. He turned around and meet eyes with Jongin once more. "By the way, you look really nice with your hair blonde."

 

And then Kyungsoo was gone and Jongin was dancing in the hallway a second time this week.

 

He really needs to thank Luhan and Jongdae because those guys are geniuses at how to win the heart of a Kim.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

"Are you coming to my game tonight?" Chanyeol asked Jongin as they made there way to the lunch line.

 

Jongin nodded, glued to his phone. "Yeah, I'm definitely going. Kyungsoo will be there so-"

 

"I get this feeling you're only going because of Kyungsoo, am I right?" Chanyeol asked.

 

Just then Sehun and Tao showed up and Chanyeol wished he hadn't asked anything. "You're right. You've been replaced, yeol. But that's okay, you can hang out with Tao and I some more now." Sehun smiled.

 

Chanyeol cringed and his eye twitched. "Jongin wouldn't ditch me, bros before hoes."

 

"Kyungsoo's not a hoe," Jongin glared and actually looked at Chanyeol instead of his phone.

 

Tao peered at the phone, "Jongin stop ting. There are people eating around us."

 

"I'm not ting anyone Tao!" Jongin hissed.

 

Then next thing Jongin knows is a blonde joonmyun has his arm wrapped around his own arm. Joonmyun smiles at him and Jongin wants to ask what the hell? But this is Kyungsoo's brother so he must be polite.

 

His phone beeps and he looks at the message real quick from Luhan.

 

Luhan:

Test begins now. & Jongdae is an overly jealous boyfriend right now so you might want to steer clear from him right now.

 

He puts his phone up and looks at a still smiling Joonmyun, a smirking Tao and Sehun and a very confused Chanyeol.

 

"Oh Jongin you look so nice in blonde!" Then Joonmyun is ruffling his hair a bit to roughly.

 

Casually remove your arm, don't be rude. He remembers Luhan telling him.

 

Jongin decided to remove his arm that Joonmyun had locked his arm with and fix his hair back to normal.

 

"Thank you, you look nice in blonde too." Jongin compliments.

 

Joonmyun smiles and then Baekhyun shows up, eyes twinkling. "I heard you asked Kyungsoo out on a date." Jongin nods, "Nice. Will you go to the game tonight?"

 

Jongin nods again and turns to Chanyeol, "Yeah, my best friend is playing tonight." He head guesters to Chanyeol who awkwardly waves.

 

Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol and nods with a bored face and then turns to Jongin with a smile. "That's cool! Will you come and cheer me on tonight? I'm cheering!" Baekhyun's eyes twinkle again and Jongin swears he isn't going to live (he can feel the jealousy that Chanyeol has right now).

 

Jongin is torn from saying yes or no because a yes would mean he's intrested, when he's ing not, and a no would be rude.

 

Baekhyun is a tricky one, he notes.

 

Make it nice but nothing personal. Jongin smiles, Luhan deserves a medel.

 

"Oh yeah, definitely. I'll be cheering for you, my best friend and the rest of the team." Jongin smiles and Baekhyun looks pleased with his answer.

 

He's ing got this!

 

Minseok shows up and Jongin is ready for what comes next. "Joonmyun, Baekhyun lets go eat, stop messing with Jongin." Joonmyun and Baekhyun smile one more time at Jongin and then leave.

 

Minseok is obviously the boss of this .

 

Minseok smiles at Jongin, "Are you eating with us Jongin? You can bring Chanyeol again." Jongin nods and Minseok smirks, "Good, I want you to sit next to me." He literally purrs and Jongin is left in shock.

 

He watches as Minseok joins the table with Luhan who smiles at his boyfriend and then when Luhan turns to Jongin he glares.

 

"Wow," Chanyeol breathes out. "That was very interesting."

 

"Wait till the date happens," Sehun chuckles. "From what Luhan and Jongdae told me they went through, I wish you luck Jongin because what they pulled right now isn't nothing."

 

Tao laughs and it's that one annoying laugh that is so loud with hands clapping that makes people turn around and stare. "I want to go see this date!"

 

"Me too!" Chanyeol and Sehun jump and Jongin rubs his head.

 

How the hell is he going to get through this? And it's only going to get worst.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Kyungsoo is sitting on the bleachers inside the school's gymnasium when Jongin approachs him with popcorn and two drinks. Kyungsoo smiles and pats the seat next to him and Jongin gladly sits down.

 

"Where were you at lunch?" Jongin asks as he remembers sitting between Yifan and Luhan because Luhan will ing kill him if he comes near Minseok.

 

Kyungsoo shrugs casually, "The theatre hall. I needed to help a friend out, sorry." Kyungsoo smiles and grabs a drink from Jongin's hand.

 

"Don't be sorry," I know your brothers made you not be there at lunch because they're little s that like to put me through ing test but I promise I'll pass all of them because trust me you're worth it. "I just missed you that's all."

 

Kyungsoo smiles warmly because it sounds so natural coming from Jongin. "That's sweet but we texted all day." He laughed.

 

Jongin pouted, "Yes, I know but it's hard not seeing the person you like for a whole day."

 

Kyungsoo gives him a heart shaped smile, "You're really sweet Jongin. I missed yo-"

 

"Jongin!" Joonmyun calls out for him and he almost sits next to him but Jongdae casually slides next to Jongin before Joonmyun.

 

Jongdae is jealous, he's just very calm at showing it.

 

"Hey Kkamjong, what's up?" Jongdae says and if Jongin was stupid he wouldn't have noticed the silent hiss in his voice.

 

Jongin laughs nervously, "Nothing, I was just here with Kyungsoo, talking."

 

Kyungsoo waves at Jongdae and Joonmyun.

 

"That's nice!" Joonmyun smiles at Jongin.

 

Jongdae rolls his eyes, "So nice." He mutters.

 

Okay so Luhan, Yifan and Tao aren't the only ones with jealously issues.

 

"Jongin, I know I told you this already but your hair looks so nice and-"

 

"Joonmyun the games about to ing start," Jongdae snaps harshly and its the first time Jongin (and Kyungsoo) ever heard Jongdae sound so angry.

 

Joonmyun backs down into his seat and he's just as angry because who the hell does Jongdae think he is?

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin can practically feel the between the two.

 

"What the hell is your problem?" Joonmyun fuels the fire by turning it on Jongdae.

 

Jongdae scoffs, "How the hell would you feel if I flirted infront of someone in front of your eyes?"

 

Jongin feels uncomfortable because they're fighting because of him. He scoots closer to Kyungsoo.

 

Joonmyun then smiles, "Is this what it takes for you to get jealous?"

 

Jongdae snarles at Joonmyun, "Don't change the subject. What if I-"

 

And Jongdae doesn't ever finish his sentence because then Joonmyun is on Jongdae's lap and he's angrily nipping at his mouth. Jongdae is just as rough with Joonmyun.

 

Jongin looks at Kyungsoo and then at the angry couple making out so furiously. "Is this normal?" He whispers.

 

Kyungsoo looks at Joonmyun and Jongdae and then back at Jongin. "That's nothing. Luhan and Minseok can clear a room with a simple stare. It's like a code stare for 'everyone get the out because we're about to this place up.'"

 

Jongin nods and tucks the information in.

 

Sehun walks up and then gags. "Ew, Joonmyun and Jongdae get a room this is a basketball game for s sake!"

 

Tao throws popcorn at them but they don't even flinch just keep kissing eachother. "I think they're going to be like this all night..."

 

Sehun shivers and sits down in front of Kyungsoo and Jongin. "Where's my brother?" He asks Kyungsoo.

 

 Kyungsoo gives him a look. "My brother is missing..." Is all he says.

 

Sehun nods, "Never mind then."

 

Tao looks confused, "Are they okay?" He asks in concern (Tao is naturally caring it's just that Sehun rubs too off of him too much sometimes. Physically and mentally.)

 

Sehun chuckles and puts an arm around Tao's shoulder. He kisses the boy's forehead and smiles, "Yeah, baby. They're okay."

 

Jongin looks suprised because first he's never seen Sehun so affectionate with anyone and second because he always thought Tao was the dominant one. Wow. You learn something new everyday.

 

He looks at Kyungsoo and smiles. He wonders what kind of couple they'll be. Kyungsoo notices and turns to him and smiles right back. Jongin's heart does this thing and Jongin knows he wants to one day grow to be Kyungsoo's other half.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Kyungsoo is holding on tightly to arm and Jongin thinks he just might faint with so much skinship with his hyung.

 

It's honestly so cute seeing Kyungsoo's concentrated face as he stares intensely at the game. He yells and cheers for Yifan (not as loud as Yixing) and he even cheers on Chanyeol. He just looks so ing cute when he's so deep into the game.

 

Kyungsoo then turns to him and Jongin meets eyes with him. "What?"

 

Jongin shrugs cooly like how Luhan taught him and smiles, "Nothing, you just look cute when your so into the game."

 

Kyungsoo bites his lip, "I would kiss you but I think I have to atleast go on a date with you before I pounce on you."

 

It will always take Jongin by surprise at how blunt Kyungsoo is sometimes (he is definitely related to Baekhyun, Minseok and Joonmyun).

 

"Now pay attention to the game instead of me. We'll have our time tomorrow on your date." Kyungsoo says and turns to the game once again.

 

Jongin would snort, but that's rude. He's not as naive as he was yesterday, that mischief tone might have gone unoticed by anyone else. He knows exactly what's going down tomorrow at their date and he's got to be prepared.

 

"Yah you giant shoot!" An angry Baekhyun yells at Yifan and that catches everyone's attention (even Joonmyun and Jongdae's).

 

There is twenty seconds on the clock and Yifan currently has the ball. He's being blocked by a guy that is just as tall as he is and its a bit of a challenge. Yixing is cheering on Yifan and yelling an encouraging "You can do it Fan! You've got this babe!"

 

But Yifan is no where near shooting range (well he is, but where the angle is he might make it, he doesn't really want to take the chance being the reason why his team lost). So he dribbles the ball at the side and acts like he's going to shoot up and then he throws the ball to an unsuspecting Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol catches it with no problem and then stays frozen for five second.

 

"Shoot it!" Baekhyun yells and he grabs one of the girl cheerleader's pom poms and waves it dramatically in the air to get Chanyeol's attention. "Shoot the ball! You've got seven seconds!"

 

Jongin watches in amusement as Chanyeol stares at Baekhyun and then his eyes widen. He chuckles as his best friend runs right towards the hoop.

 

Four.

 

Three.

 

Two.

 

Chanyeol throws the ball.

 

One.

 

Everyone watches as the ball makes it into the hoop and then a split second later the buzzer goes off.

 

Everyone cheers and Kyungsoo attacks Jongin with a hug the same time Yixing jumps into Yifan's wide arms.

 

Chanyeol is smiling in disbelief when Baekhyun pounces on him, they both fall to the floor with Baekhyun on top of him. Baekhyun's forehead hits Chanyeol chin, and Chanyeol's head hits the gym's polished wooden floor harshly.

 

Baekhyun looks up and smiles, "Good job Changmin!" He stares at Chanyeol with an eye smile and Chanyeol thinks he's in heaven.

 

It ends soon because Baekhyun is off of him and Chanyeol see's a smirking Luhan at the entrance of the gym with Minseok.

 

Sehun laughs, "You loser, he called you Changmin!" He cackles even harder and Tao joins in.

 

Tao's out of breathe when he says. "Hyung, he doesn't even know your name."

 

Chanyeol just smiles and edures everything because he's too happy right now.

 

Kyungsoo laughs and pulls away from Jongin's embrace. "You should go help your friend, I think my brother might have hurt his head."

 

Jongin laughs and looks at how Chanyeol is smiling on the floor while Tao and Sehun . "Maybe, but he's in paradise right now. So hug me again, hyung!" Jongin cutely orders.

 

"Jongin stop being a baby!" Luhan yells from the entrance of the gym with Minseok's arms around his waist and Luhan's arm around his shoulder.

 

Jongdae and Joonmyun join Luhan and Minseok. "I think we should go celebrate for Yifan and Chanyeol's team winning." Jongdae smiles.

 

"That's a good idea." Sehun says and Tao smiles and hooks hands with him.

 

"Come on Jongin," Kyungsoo smiles.

 

Jongin smiles back, "Sure, let me just get Chanyeol off the floor first."


 A/N: /cries because my minseok and kyungsoo looked so good in overdose, is my bias showing? Haa.

 

I hope you enjoyed! And please subscribe to this, upvote, and comment. Next one will be the last, but who knows. I've been think about doing a baekyeol one. Hm, just ideas.

 

Please comment and subscribe for the next, means a lot!  (: