epilogue: long live;

Fix This City

large.png

long live;

 

“It could use a paint job.”

 

“Not everyone is an artist, Kyungsoo,” that earned Jongin a smack on the back of his head. They were standing in their new apartment. It took Jongin a while to convince Kyungsoo to move into a new place with him but the flowers and sweet talk did their job well.

 

“That’s Hyung to you. And it doesn’t take an artist to know that this place needs a paint job.”

 

They spent the whole day arguing over what colour of paint they should go with while they carried boxes into the apartment. Jongin wanted to go with blue but Kyngsoo wanted to go with green. In the end they decided on light tan for the living room, green for their room and blue for their bathroom.

 

Kyungsoo was sweaty and his hands were covered in paint but to Jongin it was a sight to behold. He looked the same way when he’s working on a new piece of painting. Jongin could barely contain his emotions as he walked behind the older male and wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo’s smaller frame, picked him up and spun him around. His laughter was music to Jongin’s ears.

 

“What are you doing?” Kyungsoo said in between giggles. He was less guarded now. He smiles and laughs more. He even talks more that it took Chanyeol and Baekhyun by surprise. It was no secret that Jongin brought the best out of him and they couldn’t be happier for him.

 

Kyungsoo was still giggling when Jongin put him down and turned him around. The glint in the elder’s eyes had Jongin smiling despite himself. He still couldn’t believe they made it this far. The happiness he sees in Kyungsoo’s smile is all he needed to get through a hard day at work, knowing that smile was going to greet him home. Jongin dipped his head down and caught his lover’s lips with his own. The height difference was perfect in Jongin’s opinion. He loved the way Kyungsoo buries his head in the crook of his neck and it gave him an easy access to the elder’s forehead.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you, too.”

 

Life works in mysterious ways and nobody will ever figure it out. But whatever happens, Jongin wants Kyungsoo to be by his side and Kyungsoo wants Jongin by his. Kyungsoo’s life wasn’t really the best but Jongin’s presence made it better. Kyungsoo was afraid nobody would be there for him but Jongin never once given up on him. Even when he left, Jongin still trusted Kyungsoo to come and find him. If anything, Jongin was someone worth fighting for. He’ll never be ready to let him go.

 

Their relationship started off on a bumpy road and once in their journey they almost fell apart but both knew what they had was worth much more. The first time they made love it was awkward and had both men blushing the entire night. However waking up next to each other the next day was what had them going back. Jongin personally loves to stay up longer just to watch Kyungsoo sleep. It made him remember their high school days where they were two lost souls just trying to live in the moment.

 

All the hardships they went through are what strengthened their hold on each other’s hands. They will forever remember the feeling that coursed through their veins when they crashed through all those walls of insecurities. And they won’t ever forget how safe they felt wrapped in each other’s embrace after a long day of work.

 

Some say happily ever after is just the beginning of a much bigger story. Their story wasn’t the best or the most beautiful and they were far from done. But maybe the thing about Do Kyungsoo and Kim Jongin is that they didn’t live off of fairy tales because what they had was real and perhaps much more precious than what Cinderella and Prince Charming could’ve had. And that makes all the difference.

 

 

fin.

 

❄❄❄